Caressa Watson..sweet Temptation Lp

Gasher

Howdydoody

I have a copy of this lp for sale but cannot remember what its called or what bloody label its on.Its a UK compilation lp from days of yore..yellow and black cover

but thats all I can remember..Im in Kasakstan at the mo so its not accesssable

anyone help me out and give me a price estimate please.

before I list it??

regards

the Freezing Gasher

im told its rare by a reliable source..

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Howdydoody

I have a copy of this lp for sale but cannot remember what its called or what bloody label its on.Its a UK compilation lp from days of yore..yellow and black cover

but thats all I can remember..Im in Kasakstan at the mo so its not accesssable

anyone help me out and give me a price estimate please.

before I list it??

regards 

the Freezing Gasher

im told its rare by a reliable source..

link

It's called '20 Great Unknown Soul Classics of the '60s and '70s'

and the label is Cascade, cat No. DROP 1013, which is a subsiduary of Ace.

the track you're talking about is actually Cressa Watson, not Caressa.

Price wise these days, no idea, rarity ? Probably quite rare because it's unlikely that there would have been a large run pressed. Copies did appear when Butch startd playing the other version, but I've not seen this for sale for a while

Social source share

I'd have to disagree with the above - all of that series (Cascade's "the unknown"s - they did rockabilly, all sorts of things) stayed on catalogue for years and years. There were literally hundreds in Bexhill when that distribution company there cleared out all of their vinyl. They certainly stayed on catalogue longer than most of the Kent lp's.

Social source share

I'd have to disagree with the above - all of that series (Cascade's "the unknown"s - they did rockabilly, all sorts of things) stayed on catalogue for years and years.  There were literally hundreds in Bexhill when that distribution company there cleared out all of their vinyl.  They certainly stayed on catalogue longer than most of the Kent lp's.

link

It's only semi-rare but it didn't stay on catalogue for longer than most Kent LPs.

Social source share

That's better. Get it right.

link

Yeah ok Grandad.

I used to be the assistant editor at Music Master so not only did we get the new product and new release information from Ace, we also got the notifications of deletions, because we compiled all this information and then sent it out to practically every record in the country - they used to have a huge red book they kept behind the counters to check availability of records. And the Cascade lp was on catalogue for ages.

Kinnell, some of the things you try to pick arguments about :)

Social source share

Yeah ok Grandad.

I used to be the assistant editor at Music Master so not only did we get the new product and new release information from Ace, we also got the notifications of deletions, because we compiled all this information and then sent it out to practically every record in the country - they used to have a huge red book they kept behind the counters to check availability of records.  And the Cascade lp was on catalogue for ages.

Kinnell, some of the things you try to pick arguments about  :)

link

Blimey!!!!!!

I have one of those big red books. And here's a quote that always intrigued me:

THIS IS NORTHERN SOUL (Various Artists)

Note: Includes Tony Middleton, Al Williams, Eddie Holman etc. If anyone has a copy of this for sale please contact Pete at Music master and name your price!

Album GRAPEVINE (N Soul) 80/ GRAL 1002

Did you ever get one Pete :):):D

Godz

Social source share

Yeah ok Grandad.

I used to be the assistant editor at Music Master so not only did we get the new product and new release information from Ace, we also got the notifications of deletions, because we compiled all this information and then sent it out to practically every record in the country - they used to have a huge red book they kept behind the counters to check availability of records.  And the Cascade lp was on catalogue for ages.

Kinnell, some of the things you try to pick arguments about  :)

link

Then foetus, you'd know that most Kent LPs were on sale for a very long time (some are still available today). Your first statement "most" was wrong so I corrected you and your second statement "some" was right. It wasn't an argument I was merely righting your error as a lot of Kent collectors care about these things and you post with such an air of authority that they may have got the wrong picture

Social source share

Blimey!!!!!!

I have one of those big red books. And here's a quote that always intrigued  me:

THIS IS NORTHERN SOUL (Various Artists)

Note: Includes Tony Middleton, Al Williams, Eddie Holman etc. If anyone has a copy of this for sale please contact Pete at Music master and name your price!

Album GRAPEVINE (N Soul) 80/ GRAL 1002

Did you ever get one Pete  :)   :)   :)

Godz

link

Yeah, several. Still, proves I wasn't bullshitting about Music Master :D

Social source share

Then foetus, you'd know that most Kent LPs were on sale for a very long time (some are still available today). Your first statement "most" was wrong so I corrected you and your second statement "some" was right. It wasn't an argument I was merely righting your error as a lot of Kent collectors care about these things and you post with such an air of authority that they may have got the wrong picture

link

(Goes to garage to find old Ace catalogues and prove Ady wrong) ph34r.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert