Sir Henry Ivy

Chalky

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

£75 but becoming harder to find all the time as I think there's a bit of a buzz on this as a revival. One of the Stafford records which was way ahead of its time.

I've played this out lots for the last few years as it fits in really well with lots of other uptempo southern sounds with a funk influence.

A great 45.

Social source share

£75 but becoming harder to find all the time as I think there's a bit of a buzz on this as a revival. One of the Stafford records which was way ahead of its time.

I've played this out lots for the last few years as it fits in really well with lots of other uptempo southern sounds with a funk influence.

A great 45.

Cheers Gareth. Old spin for Robin wasn't it. As you say great 45.

Social source share

Chalky

think Steve Plumb may have a spare copy to sell.

Hi Gareth

Sorry for the delay - been at the 'soul4real' weekender in Bilbao - just got back.

I do have a spare - thanks for reminding everyone :thumbup:

Please PM me if anyone is interested - I agree it was way ahead of it's time and sounds fantastic now!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

It was cheap , :thumbup: and to think Mike Godfrey forced me to buy this with a Cliff Dawson 7'' :D

Hi Simon

It was young Mick Godfrey that first turned this up, like you he strong armed me to buy it, but only on the understanding that I played it that very night at Stafford. When down a storm from it's very first play. Has never turned up in any great quatity. Great tune

Social source share

Hi Simon

It was young Mick Godfrey that first turned this up, like you he strong armed me to buy it, but only on the understanding that I played it that very night at Stafford. When down a storm from it's very first play. Has never turned up in any great quatity. Great tune

Yes Mick was a very good salesman :rolleyes: ..by the way Cosgrove was asking about the Stafford book :rolleyes:

Social source share

Hi Simon

I bagged my copy from Mick at Stafford too, along with Family Of Eve which he was also the main supplier of back in the day - I can't remember whether they were 10 or 15 pounds each :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert