Dee Dee Gartrell On Maverick

Baz Atkinson

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Don't know this Baz, I have another by her on the label, its a one sided 45 Second Hand Love and is very good, must dig it out and put it up.

YOUD LOVE THGIS DOUBLE SIDER JOCK ONE SIDE IS SAUGHT AFTER BY THE FUNK CROWD THE OTHER IS A MINDBLOWING BALLAD WHICH IS RIGHT UP YOUR VERY SOULFUL STREET!!!

BAZ A

Social source share

Reckon I might be able to help you here Baz.

The record is by Delia Gartrell (same artist but not on the label as Dee Dee) and it's her last 45 (some time after her 2 Maverick 45's) on the Bahith label.

She was 'Dee Dee' at Maverick but Delia thereafter (on Demin-Kalo / Right On / Aware / Bahith).

Should make it easier to find with the right info, that is if it's "I've Been Loving You Too Long" that you're after, rather than "What It Takes".

Cracking version of the Otis Redding tune it is too!

The flipside of Jock's "Second Hand Love" 45 is "Would It Break Your Heart".

The other Maverick 45 is "I Must Be Doing Something Right / If You Got What It Takes"

Her Right On 45 is a reissue of the local Atlanta label release on Demin-Kalo "See What You Done, Done (Hymn No9) / Fight Fire With Fire.

I don't own (and have never seen) the Aware 45 "Beautiful Day (Keep Moving On)".

It's Extremely rare but I'm sure you'll have better luck with the Delia Gartrell on Bahith.

:thumbup:

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

Reckon I might be able to help you here Baz.

The record is by Delia Gartrell (same artist but not on the label as Dee Dee) and it's her last 45 (some time after her 2 Maverick 45's) on the Bahith label.

She was 'Dee Dee' at Maverick but Delia thereafter (on Demin-Kalo / Right On / Aware / Bahith).

Should make it easier to find with the right info, that is if it's "I've Been Loving You Too Long" that you're after, rather than "What It Takes".

Cracking version of the Otis Redding tune it is too!

The flipside of Jock's "Second Hand Love" 45 is "Would It Break Your Heart".

The other Maverick 45 is "I Must Be Doing Something Right / If You Got What It Takes"

Her Right On 45 is a reissue of the local Atlanta label release on Demin-Kalo "See What You Done, Done (Hymn No9) / Fight Fire With Fire.

I don't own (and have never seen) the Aware 45 "Beautiful Day (Keep Moving On)".

It's Extremely rare but I'm sure you'll have better luck with the Delia Gartrell on Bahith.

:lol:

Sean

Thanks Sean,the what it takes is bloody brill imho,and the flip ballad really soulful!!!

BAZ A

Social source share

Source Advert