Cheap As Chips - Urgent Notice - Friday 7th Nov - London

Boogaloo

I've had a couple of calls confused about the venue for tonight. It's at:

Osso Jazz, 300 St Paul's Road London N1 2LH

(Opp Highbury and Islington tube)

Call 07838 181 375 if you need details

Hiya all

Next Friday is Boogaloosoul's 3rd Cheap as Chips night. Top soul originals played by good looking djs and all at £20 or less. I can guarantee the quality of the music that will be played and also that you'll be able to afford anytune you like. biggrin.gif

Just think of how great a wants list you could get from this do, eh? Hoping to run this more often than once a year but that depends on the turnout and I would really appreciate your support.

Cheap As Chips

A whole host of rare soul DJs will be spinning the best Soul and RnB.

DJs Warren Boogaloo, Des Parker, James Trouble, Niamh Lynch, Steve C, Paul McKay, Mick Donnelly, Andy F

Friday 7th November

9.00 'till 2.00

Free entry

Osso Jazz, 300 St Paul's Road London N1 2LH

(Opp Highbury and Islington tube)

Call 07838 181 375

E-mail boogaloosoul@yahoo.co.uk

Edited by boogaloo
  • Replies 45
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Andy Kempster

Been sorting out me records all afternoon. Got some doozies to play on Friday. Can't wait.

hi warren, you can count me and lauren in, should be a great laugh

This is a peach of an idea Warren. So lookling forward to playing on Friday.

Have you got a reference book which will act as a rule book coz I reckon that Trouyble geezer will either cheat or have trouble with stringing a few cheapies together :lol::lol::lol:

Guest James Trouble

This is a peach of an idea Warren. So lookling forward to playing on Friday.

Have you got a reference book which will act as a rule book coz I reckon that Trouyble geezer will either cheat or have trouble with stringing a few cheapies together :lol::lol:tongue.gif

I buy all my records cheap :lol:

Who's price giude we going by, manship.com or Mr Popsike :lol:

Was asked today if there were any hotels in the area. Now, Kings Cross is nearby with its hotels for many occasions :lol::lol: but the only one I've ever stayed at near the venue is the Jury Hotel near Angel tube. Decent hotel and not expensive. Don't know if there are others nearer but there's probably plenty down the Holloway Rd or Camden area as well. Any other suggestions.

Warren

Brilliant concept this Warren, cant getdown but would love to see some playlists afterwards

Regards

M. :rolleyes:

Thanks Mark. I'm sure the other djs will post their playlists. I'll try to do mine with soundbites if the technology holds up. I'm sure you could make it if you were based in London - it's going to be a peach of a night. Can't wait.

Great idea, and there are some real gems available for under this price tag, if you can be arsed to look and listen. I've whittled my selection down to about 68, so I've got some more "work" to do in the record room, to get the number down to a more manageable amount, and I can further guarantee that all my playlist will be under £20 coz they'll all be for sale!!

Looking forward to it

Des Parker

Edited by SOUL.INC

Warren ... is there any parking near the venue?

Tons of little side and back streets around behind and to the side I think, as long as you dont get there before 8.00 or so as they are all resident permit holders. Some pay and display going back towards Highbury as well.

Dave

Great idea, and there are some real gems available for under this price tag, if you can be arsed to look and listen. I've whittled my selection down to about 68, so I've got some more "work" to do in the record room, to get the number down to a more manageable amount, and I can further guarantee that all my playlist will be under £20 coz they'll all be for sale!!

Looking forward to it

Des Parker

Ahah, now I'll finally be able to afford tunes from your playlist. As it's my do can I have first dibs.

Tons of little side and back streets around behind and to the side I think, as long as you dont get there before 8.00 or so as they are all resident permit holders. Some pay and display going back towards Highbury as well.

Dave

Thanks Dave :rolleyes:

Edited by MickD

Right, 0nly 2 days to go and I'm really excited about the do. I'm even more please with the selection of djs who've agreed to play. If this were n alnighteryou couldn't wish for a better mix. I'm sure it will be successful as I've had a great response to the night but if your undecided think about this. I've run two of these nights previously and I have to say musically its one of the highlights of the soul calendar. You hear qualty tune after quality tune. Most of which you've never heard before AND are affordable, to boot. It's like Lifelines little brother.If you miss one soul night this year, make sure its not this one. See ya'll tomorrow. Peace and love. Warren

Guest Andy Kempster

Right, 0nly 2 days to go and I'm really excited about the do. I'm even more please with the selection of djs who've agreed to play. If this were n alnighteryou couldn't wish for a better mix. I'm sure it will be successful as I've had a great response to the night but if your undecided think about this. I've run two of these nights previously and I have to say musically its one of the highlights of the soul calendar. You hear qualty tune after quality tune. Most of which you've never heard before AND are affordable, to boot. It's like Lifelines little brother.If you miss one soul night this year, make sure its not this one. See ya'll tomorrow. Peace and love. Warren

just added it to www.soulofhertsandbeds.co.uk

see you friday :wicked:

Just started sorting records out last night.

Got a few gems that I'd completely forgotten about.

Really looking forward to tomorrow night :wicked:

Warren,

Sad to be missing this. But no babysitter and also been laid up with a bad back for the last couple of days. Know you will have a brilliant nite. See you soon.

Guest in town Mikey

what time is the last tube from H & I to finsbury park?

There used to be two just after midnight Martin. If memory serves 12.10 and 12.25. Heading on up to Walthamstow.

There is also the #4 bus that goes from the bottom of Balls Pond Road (or the end of Upper Street by the Hope & Anchor).

That usually takes about 15-20 minutes even at that time of night.

There used to be two just after midnight Martin. If memory serves 12.10 and 12.25. Heading on up to Walthamstow.

There is also the #4 bus that goes from the bottom of Balls Pond Road (or the end of Upper Street by the Hope & Anchor).

Blimey, who needs TFL when we got Mikey :lol: .

Guest Mrs Simsy

I am around Steve C's; we will be leaving in a minute. i am going through all his records for him while he is upstairs getting ready and i can't find any thing worth over £2.75. So all is looking good :)

:yes:

My last train leaves Finsbury Park about 1.45am so I might just get a cab......thanks for the info though Mike.

See Dave Abbott is coming....not seen you for ages me old mate......

just had a chat with Warren and next one he is doing on this theme is

records worth 50p or less.....I will have prime DJ spot :yes:

Edited by Rbman

I am around Steve C's; we will be leaving in a minute. i am going through all his records for him while he is upstairs getting ready and i can't find any thing worth over £2.75. So all is looking good :yes:

Don't leave them in the back of your car Dave......

I've had a couple of calls confused about the venue for tonight. It's at:

Osso Jazz, 300 St Paul's Road London N1 2L (Opp Highbury and Islington tube) Call 07838 181 375 if you need details

Just had a confused Graham on the phone, about where to head for, sorted now.

He is coming straight from work, and I will meet him there. And all you lovely 'lads', please DON'T encourage him to pour gallons lager down his throat so that I arrive to a gibbering, dribbling mess.

See you later,

Lorraine

Just had a confused Graham on the phone, about where to head for, sorted now.

He is coming straight from work, and I will meet him there. And all you lovely 'lads', please DON'T encourage him to pour gallons lager down his throat so that I arrive to a gibbering, dribbling mess.

See you later,

Lorraine

Don't worry Lorraine, I'll look after him. Glad I spoke to him earlier as I forgot to change the details on the event listing. What a wazzock, eh?

Source Advert