• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have received this email from mischino

Let me tell you a thing or 2. All those records you claim are all real and

were pressed in the UK. I have been selling them for a while I am almost

done, wish I had more. ASlso all those records were unreleased or never on

Vinly before until they were put out. They are some of my best sellers.

All the dealers tell you that they are not real but they all want to buy

them from me. I wish I had more John Manship#1 phoney

-mischino.

Comments anybody!!!. Jok

Social source share

Hi all just to let you be aware of buying records from mischino on ebay as some are Boots

All the Best and Happy New Year to you all.

Jok

Yeah but they're obvious boots - San Francisco TKO's, Towanda Barnes - nobodys going to be fooled as they never came out on 45's anyway

Social source share

I have received this email from mischino

Let me tell you a thing or 2. All those records you claim are all real and

were pressed in the UK. I have been selling them for a while I am almost

done, wish I had more. ASlso all those records were unreleased or never on

Vinly before until they were put out. They are some of my best sellers.

All the dealers tell you that they are not real but they all want to buy

them from me. I wish I had more John Manship#1 phoney

-mischino.

Comments anybody!!!. Jok

Please tell him that Ace records own some of those boots he's selling and we'll be contacting Ebay about them. He's depriving the artists and songwriters of revenue too.

Ady

Social source share

Yeah but they're obvious boots - San Francisco TKO's, Towanda Barnes - nobodys going to be fooled as they never came out on 45's anyway

had a run in with this character earlier last year bought one of the tko's for $40 never recieved it sent endless emails said they would send another this happened 5 times it's now 2009 and have still not recieved it would have had other items of them but afterthis would recommend anyone to steer well clear :lol:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

had a run in with this character earlier last year bought one of the tko's for $40 never recieved it sent endless emails said they would send another this happened 5 times it's now 2009 and have still not recieved it would have had other items of them but afterthis would recommend anyone to steer well clear :lol:

:lol:

Social source share

this guy had a name change he used to be brooklynborn on ebay and is a robbin git :lol: ....ive not been stung personally but i know many that have ...bootlegs passed off as originals...terrible gradings..and of course the expensive ones that never arrive......too many thieving gits on ebay and as long as ebay make money they dont seem bothered in spite of their so called policies blah blah

Social source share

My girlfriend was sold one of those TKO's 45s quoted as being original by someone at the recent National Australian Soul Weekender (not cheap either) & was very bitter when she got home & I had to break it to her that it was a recent release. It should have been a quarter of the price she paid.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

My girlfriend was sold one of those TKO's 45s quoted as being original by someone at the recent National Australian Soul Weekender (not cheap either) & was very bitter when she got home & I had to break it to her that it was a recent release. It should have been a quarter of the price she paid.

In all fairness, anyone who knew this record before they bought it should be well aware that it's a boot. Not quite sure why she'd be bitter. I'm desperate for one and it's realistically the only way I'll own one cos no-one wants to give up their anniversary single. It should (if it was in any way moral!) be worth about £25. Which is a bargain for one of the best unreleased records ever. If she paid £100 then I'm amazed anyone would do so for a record they knew nothing about.

I must state that I in no way condone these pressings. Mind you I do have a vinyl pressing of Someday The Sun Will Shine. Though I didn't press it.

Didn't BrooklynBorn sell all those Royal Esquires?

Edited by mattbolton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert