Marrs Bar Allnighter, Easter Sunday

Hi everyone just thought I'd start the friendly warm-up chat for the next Marrs. :thumbsup: Seems like ages since the last one. We've got James Trouble, Mace, Ted Massey, Des Parker, Dave Rimmer and myself for your entertainment. Hope to see a few of you there. Pete. :thumbup:

Edited by Marrs bar pete
  • Replies 33
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Mrs Simsy

Sorry to be missing this! :shhh: Look at that fab line up! :hypo:

I'll be flyering like a demon daaarn saaarf for you though Pete! :wave:

Hope to get to the May do! :yes:

Have a gud un!x

Really sorry cant make this one, but May and August are definatley in the diary :lol:

Looking at the line up I may just have to change my easter plans :thumbsup: Hint I only like cadbury's chocolate and just love chocolate buttons :lol:

I love this place just a shame it is not easy to get there from la la land otherwise I wouldn't miss one

Great music, great people, fantastic atmosphere and most of all great msuic.

Qofxx

Hi everyone just thought I'd start the friendly warm-up chat for the next Marrs. :shades: Seems like ages since the last one. We've got James Trouble, Mace, Ted Massey, Des Parker, Dave Rimmer and myself for your entertainment. Hope to see a few of you there. Pete. :P

When's easter sunday :lol: nnoooo after Rugby :lol: me cat's so not gonna' be a happy one.

Guest James Trouble

When's easter sunday :) nnoooo after Rugby :lol: me cat's so not gonna' be a happy one.

Think we're going to Rugby Saturday then onto Marrs Bar Sunday. So what's your cat's got to do with ya aunt, Ken?

A few coming up from the London area for this by the looks of it. Looking forward to it...

Any idea on half decent local hotels near the venue?

Edited by James Trouble

Think we're going to Rugby Saturday then onto Marrs Bar Sunday. So what's your cat's got to do with ya aunt, Ken?

A few coming up from the London area for this by the looks of it. Looking forward to it...

Any idea on half decent local hotels near the venue?

Hello James , the best and nearest is 100 yards away and thats the ' White house Hotel , the Tything, worcs.it's bang opposite the train station. Any way lookin forward to seeing you , you'l llove this place it's like the 100 club with a better sound .. Pete
Guest James Trouble

Hello James , the best and nearest is 100 yards away and thats the ' White house Hotel , the Tything, worcs.it's bang opposite the train station. Any way lookin forward to seeing you , you'l llove this place it's like the 100 club with a better sound .. Pete

Hey Pete,

I'll do a google search on the hotel, sounds like a plan.

I've been to the Marrs before, cool venue, I think it was a while ago though, Shifty and Fortnum were DJing, if I remember rightly :)

Hi everyone just thought I'd start the friendly warm-up chat for the next Marrs. :D Seems like ages since the last one. We've got James Trouble, Mace, Ted Massey, Des Parker, Dave Rimmer and myself for your entertainment. Hope to see a few of you there. Pete. :P

Fantastic line-up, Pete !! :yes: I'm hoping I'm still in a coherent enough state after the Rugby 'Niter to be able to make it back to the Marrs - 'specially with THEM DJ's !! :D Well - I'm sure I can manage to put up with Mace for an hour.. :yes:

Fingers.. :D

Hey Pete,

I'll do a google search on the hotel, sounds like a plan.

I've been to the Marrs before, cool venue, I think it was a while ago though, Shifty and Fortnum were DJing, if I remember rightly :D

There's a travel inn about 5 min walk very basic but hey you only gonna sleep in it lol.

QoFxx

Guest James Trouble

There's a travel inn about 5 min walk very basic but hey you only gonna sleep in it lol.

QoFxx

Cheers Chrissie, I'll have a butchers at the area on google, will probably travel inn it...

Is anyone going out for a few drinks or food before hand? Rimmer's usually the man to sort that out... If not, can anyone recommend a decent restaurant with a good wine list near the venue where I can take Alison?

Cheers Chrissie, I'll have a butchers at the area on google, will probably travel inn it...

Is anyone going out for a few drinks or food before hand? Rimmer's usually the man to sort that out... If not, can anyone recommend a decent restaurant with a good wine list near the venue where I can take Alison?

Not sure if Travel Inn or Premier lodge or whatever, but called the GIfford, there are loads of hotels near by. If going for a curry go to cafe mela, really great food and nice place.

I may make Marrs but wont be till late on if I get there.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

I usually just go in The Postal Order pub which is on the corner of the same road as the Marrs Bar, but at the other end. I wouldn't say they had a decent wine list though laugh.gif:thumbsup:

Guest James Trouble

I usually just go in The Postal Order pub which is on the corner of the same road as the Marrs Bar, but at the other end. I wouldn't say they had a decent wine list though :Dlaugh.gif

Thinking about it, last time I was DJing in the same venue as you I was stupid drunk and it all got a bit messy if I remember rightly, so I might lay off the booze this time :ohmy:

Fantastic line-up, Pete !! :yes: I'm hoping I'm still in a coherent enough state after the Rugby 'Niter to be able to make it back to the Marrs - 'specially with THEM DJ's !! :lol: Well - I'm sure I can manage to put up with Mace for an hour.. :lol:

Fingers.. :shades:

now't wrong the our Mace he'll add that bit of extra spice to the mix , hope you can make it any way mate on this busy weekend, and your right about the line up it's a cracker isnt it, lookin forward to seein J.T. for first time and of course the regular team will also provide the goods..

Guest James Trouble

Been sorting the playbox this morning, I'm planning on kicking my set off with a few choice twisted oldies after the interest shown in the "twisted oldies" thread over the last couple of weeks in the 'all about the soul' section, but you'll be glad to know I'll be leaving my new remixes at home following the mixed reviews I've received whistling.gif

I'm looking forward to Mace's tunes, the last time I caught one of his sets it was a treat.

See you all Sunday...

Edited by James Trouble

Been sorting the playbox this morning, I'm planning on kicking my set off with a few choice twisted oldies after the interest shown in the "twisted oldies" thread over the last couple of weeks in the 'all about the soul' section, but you'll be glad to know I'll be leaving my new remixes at home following the mixed reviews I've received :P

I'm looking forward to Mace's tunes, the last time I caught one of his sets it was a treat.

See you all Sunday...

would that be wheel oldies, sorry didn't catch the thread. Any way i got a problem with d.j. times most of em want early spots for all sorts of reasons, i know you'll be on at 3am and i'll do the last.

would that be wheel oldies, sorry didn't catch the thread. Any way i got a problem with d.j. times most of em want early spots for all sorts of reasons, i know you'll be on at 3am and i'll do the last.

Most of 'em only live an hour or less away so tell 'em tuff shite Pete. :D

Just post up the times and tell 'em get on with it :P

Most of 'em only live an hour or less away so tell 'em tuff shite Pete. :D

Just post up the times and tell 'em get on with it :P

Good answer Mace and 'just like that! ' i've done the times .

8 till 9 Hitsville Chalky

9 till 10 Gaz Lees

10 till 11 Dave Rimmer

11 till 12 Molly

12 till 1.15 Ted Massey

1.15 till 2.30 Des Parker

2.30 till 3.45 James Trouble

3.45 till 5.00 Mace

5 till 6 Me

you'll notice some have got an extra 15 mins , thats cos Sean's had to cancel

Guest James Trouble

It's worth a read of the thread, Pete. It was a good one. Some really cool tunes thrown up from plenty of contributers and some thought provoking questions asks. It's in the "All About The Soul" section.

They are oldies that are not archetypal 'northern' in the motown sense, and are 'twisted' in some way. I guess "The Crow" or "Case Of Thyme" would be pretty good examples of the tunes that were being discussed, although there were some entertainingly laughable examples amongst the gems. Well worth a read of it...

Guest shorty73

Good answer Mace and 'just like that! ' i've done the times .

8 till 9 Hitsville Chalky

9 till 10 Gaz Lees

10 till 11 Dave Rimmer

11 till 12 Molly

12 till 1.15 Ted Massey

1.15 till 2.30 Des Parker

2.30 till 3.45 James Trouble

3.45 till 5.00 Mace

5 till 6 Me

you'll notice some have got an extra 15 mins , thats cos Sean's had to cancel

looks like its going to be a good night Pete biggrin.gif this is going to be my first time here but i cant wait :thumbup:

see you when i get there :D

xx kerry xx

Guest sandi

Hi everyone just thought I'd start the friendly warm-up chat for the next Marrs. :thumbsup: Seems like ages since the last one. We've got James Trouble, Mace, Ted Massey, Des Parker, Dave Rimmer and myself for your entertainment. Hope to see a few of you there. Pete. :(

WE IS GONNA BE THERE PETE. :D:D .

Source Advert