Little Anthony Refunds

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Not trying to muckrake here, just wondering if anyone's had their money refunded yet on their Nottingham All-Dayer tickets?

Social source share

• Replies 73
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest southpaw

No I haven't, sent my ticket back recorded post on the 23/03/09. I payed by paypal back in October so dont know if I could still make a reclaim through them.

Social source share

Guest Mart B

I sent the tickets back on the 23rd and am still waiting for a refund

sent an email last night,no reply so far

Not me either anticipating a response pretty quick.

Social source share

Guest Mart B

I would imagine that logistics of refunds is going to be a effing nightmare.

I'd expect it to take a lot longer to sort than it took to send the tickets out....

Hopefully there will be response from the promoters,they have had enough time to get their act together otherwise it could get "rather awkward to put it mildly for the promoters".

We had an explanation regarding the cancellation,now folk are wanting an explanation regarding refunds.

Social source share

I've not had a refund either? !!

Yes same here, paid by Cheque which has been cashed.

Never got sent tickets as event was cancelled before they could be posted.

Last e-mail from promoters said refund would be sent last week but as yet no refund or reply to lastest e-mail.

AlanR

Social source share

One thing to bear in mind here..... i believe a personal bank acc was used, only 2 cheque books can be issued at the time , thats 50 cheques, these have to be presented before another cheque book can be issued

Potentially this could cause a massive problem for them

We just have to be patient :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest bookworm

One thing to bear in mind here..... i believe a personal bank acc was used, only 2 cheque books can be issued at the time , thats 50 cheques, these have to be presented before another cheque book can be issued

Potentially this could cause a massive problem for them

We just have to be patient :thumbsup:

If that was the case then the 'promoters' should be telling us that! We too have not received a refund. Our cheque was cashed 2 days before the event folded! Surely they knew that before they cashed our cheque.....wouldn't it have been easier to just have sent our cheque back to us??? But no...they cashed it!! Sorry, but I smelt a rat then....now it seems we're in danger of being totally ripped off! I've had several emails ensuring me that our refund has been posted. It's now 10 days later and no refund!

This is NOT what the soul scene is all about. Is this any way to keep the faith????

Totally disillusioned and I must say it will put many people off pre-paying for event tickets in the future, which is not good for other promoters and certainly not good for the soul scene.

If no refunds and no further communication is received very shortly then I think we have to take this to the next level. Hope it doesn't come to that, but it takes me a lot of working hours to put £40 in my pocket (which is what they asked us to send them!). We never received any tickets even though they cashed our cheque!!!!!

Lots of non-refunded tickets = a lot of our money in their bank account!

Social source share

bookworm said:
If that was the case then the 'promoters' should be telling us that! We too have not received a refund. Our cheque was cashed 2 days before the event folded! Surely they knew that before they cashed our cheque.....wouldn't it have been easier to just have sent our cheque back to us??? But no...they cashed it!! Sorry, but I smelt a rat then....now it seems we're in danger of being totally ripped off! I've had several emails ensuring me that our refund has been posted. It's now 10 days later and no refund!

This is NOT what the soul scene is all about. Is this any way to keep the faith????

Totally disillusioned and I must say it will put many people off pre-paying for event tickets in the future, which is not good for other promoters and certainly not good for the soul scene.

If no refunds and no further communication is received very shortly then I think we have to take this to the next level. Hope it doesn't come to that, but it takes me a lot of working hours to put £40 in my pocket (which is what they asked us to send them!). We never received any tickets even though they cashed our cheque!!!!!

where's your intro ?

Social source share

same with us....no tickets ..still cashed the cheque !....

i will give them a few more days....... :thumbsup:

pete n' susan

Social source share

NOW IVE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS SHITE BACK STABBING......................

Firstly... yes its a nightmare doing any kind of refunds........... the worst seem to be via soul source or rather The 'grim reapers' of the soul scene.

Yes this is a personal account and YES you only get SO MANY CHEQUES.............. if you have a problem address them to us DIRECTLY PLEASE...............

stop your damn back stabbing......... you are giving this scene a bad name................ SHAME ON YOU...............

if you want a refund via paypal.... then ASK............ stop bloody back biting............. GROW UP ALL OF YOU...................

We the 'PROMOTERS' are sorry for the few (and we mean FEW that we have had to let down) (which believe me HURTS).....

but the majority of you 'soul sources' gave this event such bad vibes from the start that you know what............... YOU ARE SO NOT WORTH IT................

this event was always a 'For soulies By soulies' event with no monies to be made by us but a good priced show was goning to be for you..............

but you know the old saying ..... SOUL BROTHERs and SOUL SISTERs............... what a crock of shite that saying is..............

our effort, our organising and our CASH all down the drain................ and for WHAT....................

You didnt give us a chance............... SAD SAD people.................. SHAME ON YOU ALL.........................

Do you realise what you have done..................NO.........................

yes we are sick of the saying..............we took on more............. NO WE DIDNT.................. Little Anthony has been out there for 50 years............ you lot had your chance...................... what we did was to talk with LAI and organise songs that they had not performed for over 30 years .... and YES we did know what we were doing......... hence a certain PROMOTER (Rob & Karen Wigley) calling us MUPPETS........how bloody rude......

you know what I do not hide behind my name .......... you know what come to me if you see me and believe me I will speak my mind.............

This event lacked SUPPORT................... SHAME........................

and as the saying goes IF YOU CANT SAY ANYTHING NICE................. DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL......................... or rather constructive.................

Please Note............ that the new Nottingham Easter All Dayer has nothing to do with us.................. SO YEH SUPPORT IT.................. KNOCK YOURSELVES OUT....

Pissed Off with this shite scene................Tracey

Social source share

if you want a refund via paypal.... then ASK............ stop bloody back biting............. GROW UP ALL OF YOU...................

Can i have a refund by Paypal please

You managed to reply to me making wild claims i had frozen your account (the next day)

All i did was start the Paypal dispute procedure to get a refund. All you do is hit the refund button.

Could you do that as soon as possible. Then we can move on

Social source share

Firstly... yes its a nightmare doing any kind of refunds........... the worst seem to be via soul source or rather The 'grim reapers' of the soul scene.

Yes this is a personal account and YES you only get SO MANY CHEQUES.............. if you have a problem address them to us DIRECTLY PLEASE...............

stop your damn back stabbing......... you are giving this scene a bad name................ SHAME ON YOU...............

We the 'PROMOTERS' are sorry for the few (and we mean FEW that we have had to let down) (which believe me HURTS).....

but the majority of you 'soul sources' gave this event such bad vibes from the start that you know what............... YOU ARE SO NOT WORTH IT................

this event was always a 'For soulies By soulies' event with no monies to be made by us but a good priced show was goning to be for you..............

but you know the old saying ..... SOUL BROTHERs and SOUL SISTERs............... what a crock of shite that saying is..............

our effort, our organising and our CASH all down the drain................ and for WHAT....................

You didnt give us a chance............... SAD SAD people.................. SHAME ON YOU ALL.........................

yes we are sick of the saying..............we took on more............. NO WE DIDNT.................. Little Anthony has been out there for 50 years............ you lot had your chance...................... what we did was to talk with LAI and organise songs that they had not performed for over 30 years .... and YES we did know what we were doing......... hence a certain PROMOTER (Rob & Karen Wigley) calling us MUPPETS........how bloody rude......

you know what I do not hide behind my name .......... you know what come to me if you see me and believe me I will speak my mind.............

and as the saying goes IF YOU CANT SAY ANYTHING NICE................. DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL......................... or rather constructive.................

Please Note............ that the new Nottingham Easter All Dayer has nothing to do with us.................. SO YEH SUPPORT IT.................. KNOCK YOURSELVES OUT....

Oh Dear, I have a feeling this could turn very nasty :thumbsup:

Strange that the whole scene is now being branded shite for comments from a few

Break out the tin hats and the flak jackets :wicked:

Social source share

Oh Dear, I have a feeling this could turn very nasty :thumbsup:

Well it shouldnt ...after all we are all mature adults

That is more from frustration...than malice

Break out the tin hats and the flak jackets :wicked:

I dont think that will be necesary....these things take a while to sort out...coz it is not just refunds to soulies..but also...venue...advertisers...the other artisise etc ..so patience is the word...Delxxxx

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Oh dear, I didn't mean to start World War III, I was simply asking what, to my mind, is a not unreasonable question.

And one that could have been avoided if Andy and/or Tracey had come on here last week and said something as simple as 'look guys, having a bit of trouble keeping abreast of the refund situation, bear with us and we'll have you all sorted as quickly as we can'.

Both would have gained a lot more sympathy for their endeavours that way, than putting up a wall of silence has brought them.

I'm very sympathetic to the fact that they tried to pull off something special. But it's not the fault of those of us who forked out for tickets that they couldn't, and having bought tickets in good faith, it's not unreasonable for those who did to expect to be refunded quickly.

I'll wait for my cheque. And I'll hope that all of us who exercise a bit of patience will be at the front of the queue when they get a new cheque book...

Social source share

Make It Easy On Yourselves - Don't Be Going Out Of Your Heads - or you'll end up with a bad Reputation.

Im just on the outside looking in but it does look like it hurts so bad

Social source share

I agree with Del on this.

Really don't think there is any malice involved, well certainly not from me.

But naturally the people who did support the event and paid up front expect a refund.

If an explanation had been posted earlier stating the difficulties and it would take x amount of time to refund everyone then that would have been better imo.

Best

Tabs

QUOTE (Longy @ Apr 3 09, 07:27 PM) post_snapback.gifOh Dear, I have a feeling this could turn very nasty :thumbsup:

Well it shouldnt ...after all we are all mature adults

That is more from frustration...than malice

I dont think that will be necesary....these things take a while to sort out...coz it is not just refunds to soulies..but also...venue...advertisers...the other artisise etc ..so patience is the word...Delxxxx

Social source share

Oh dear, I didn't mean to start World War III, I was simply asking what, to my mind, is a not unreasonable question.

And one that could have been avoided if Andy and/or Tracey had come on here last week and said something as simple as 'look guys, having a bit of trouble keeping abreast of the refund situation, bear with us and we'll have you all sorted as quickly as we can'.

Both would have gained a lot more sympathy for their endeavours that way, than putting up a wall of silence has brought them.

I'm very sympathetic to the fact that they tried to pull off something special. But it's not the fault of those of us who forked out for tickets that they couldn't, and having bought tickets in good faith, it's not unreasonable for those who did to expect to be refunded quickly.

I'll wait for my cheque. And I'll hope that all of us who exercise a bit of patience will be at the front of the queue when they get a new cheque book...

true... all people want is to be told what is going on and how it's to be delt with and any problems too....information is the key, not hard to do and much easier than going off the deep end..... :yes: don't ya think ? so keep the updates coming , good or bad.....talk to us..

pete n' susan

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

i'm sure a visit to the bank could resolve this , the bank manager should be able to sort out additional cheques ...no ? that way everyone gets the chance to move on , especially the promoters

Social source share

But naturally the people who did support the event and paid up front expect a refund.

If an explanation had been posted earlier stating the difficulties and it would take x amount of time to refund everyone then that would have been better imo.

Best

Tabs

Thanks Tabs....Delxxx

Social source share

Can I ask what happened with this promotion & why did it go belly up, last thing I read it was all systems go !!!.

Russ

Russ you took the words out of my mouth was just wandering the same thing, we'd been away for 2 weeks then came home to our own event going belly up (but sorted in time) and then we were off line for over a week so missed what actually happened.

We're quite disappointed coz while we were away we saw LAI in Clearwater on 7th March and they were fantastic we were looking forward to hearing them sing all their northern hits over here.

Sharon

Social source share

Just got off a plane at East Midlands airport, could have sworn i saw Trandy boarding an outgoin flight bound for Barbados, wearing bermuda shorts, floppy hats and singing "im leaving on a jet plane", :yes: ....only joking, you gotta larf or whats the alternative??, ayup Trandy..send us a post card :D

Social source share

Guest Mart B

Hi Tracey

Thanks for the response you tried your best to revive a great venue in the palais,it didnt work out,move on and pay your dues.

Its best to leave the big venues to the "Known promoters" who have been there got the T shirt etc.They can take a loss in revenue :yes: .

Social source share

Guest marge

Best

Tabs

That's the one. Really I think folk just want to know what's happening, I don't think anyone minds the delay as long as we know. Just a bit of communication. Those of us that bought tickets did so in good faith.

Social source share

Hi Tracey and Andy.From my point of view,don't think your response is warranted.Many people wanted this to work.

Ok ,it seemed a long shot,but you'd got the backing of many.

So to call the scene and SS is a bit below the belt.

Best thing?......refund the money,hold your heads up and come clean.Its got f-all to do with me actually,just IMO.

Put this to bed!!!

Social source share

I would imagine that logistics of refunds is going to be a effing nightmare.

I'd expect it to take a lot longer to sort than it took to send the tickets out....

Why should it- It takes the same amount of time to issue a refund as it does to receive the income

This is said from a former junior accountant

Social source share

Hi Marge,

In one.

We all make mistakes, errors in judgment, whatever the PC phrase is these days.

Crap happens.

But absolutely no need to get personal.

Just an assurance it will be resolved to every ones satisfaction.

Best

Tabs

Best

Tabs

That's the one. Really I think folk just want to know what's happening, I don't think anyone minds the delay as long as we know. Just a bit of communication. Those of us that bought tickets did so in good faith.

Social source share

Guest marge

they possibly havent got the cash to pay you all at once :shades:

That's ok, no problem with that, but a polite answer on here or to my email would have sufficed? I have no problem with waiting...or being communicated with.

Social source share

Pissed Off with this shite scene................Tracey- Sorry to hear that- we think it great :shades:

I wasn't going to reply , but as i was named as CERTAIN PROMOTERS I feel I must-

If you want to quote me what I actually said (in a private PM to you after receiving a VERY curt PM from YOU ) was:-

ROB & Karen Wigley (promoting GENUINE, well attended soul events and supporting US artists for over 30 years and picking up the pieces after Muppets like you 2 blunder in and make a pigs ear of it )

Out of politeness I will not publish all of your PM to me, It seems its a case of:-

"Informed, Informe they've all got it IN FOR ME!" which I am sure they haven't

This was a GENUINE thread started by a man without an ounce of malice in him, TONY, it appears that around 20 tickets are still awaiting to be refunded(More?)by the replies on the thread. I am sure it will take time, but a quick e-mail even when you are busy takes just a moment.

In your statement on the previous threads you said "everyone will be refunded" which i have every faith in you to keep to your word.

By your own admission tickets sales were disappointing and this has left you disillusioned with the UK Northern scene (Including the 10,000 odd members of Soul Source) I PERSONALLY couldn't care less what you do or what you promote-I've enough on my plate at the moment :lol:

I have never "called you names" for trying, several people have asked us for advice on how to go about getting the acts in to the UK and what the costs are. It's not a question of pay $15,000 and THEY (the punters and the acts) will come and everything will be rosy -ask ANYONE who has ever been involved, it's a F**king nightmare to do, but if you pull it off it has so many rewards.

On to the Palais, ANYONE could have picked up the gauntlet that Mandy threw down and had a go. It was strange that neither Kev Roberts or Chris King picked it up, they are both Nottingham based DJs with links to the Palais and I think they are the only two that could have pulled it off-then only as a "one off".

Kev & Chris both know a winner when they see one-this was NEVER a winner in a commercial format due to the Hire charges at the Palais-let alone with live acts involved.

I sat down and thought about it and did the sums, there IS a way of doing it but it would have to be done right, too much hastle for anyone who wants to make money for themselves.

However now that there appears to be a regular all-dayer back in Nottingham at the moment it (The Palais) will not work.

If you want to save face, just refund the people who bought tickets for the event, several of whom have not, as yet, got their money back or it appears any answers from yourself. As I said I have every faith that you will refund their monies.

They seem a pretty reasonable bunch to be fair, No One has called you or ranted and raged at you, by the way I know you don't know myself or Karen but "Muppet" is certainly at the lower end of my insult vocabulary, you should think yourselves lucky!

Now after an11 hours shift with DOZENS of phone calls to say I'd had a mention on a thread that I'd deliberately stayed away from, I'm off to bed.

We hope to be out tonight somewhere on this wonderful Northern or Modern Soul scene to see some of the Lovely people we have the pleasure of knowing for more years than we care to remember.

Back on topic

Hope all ends well for all parties concerned regards refunds etc.

Love to all

Rob Wigley (Karen's tucked up in bed ) :lol:

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Social source share