Jump to content

Bury Town Hall Virtual Allnighter Reloaded

    

Online Events
Eddiefoster

Bury Town Hall Virtual Allnighter Reloaded

There will be a brand new Bury Virtual All-Nighter on the last Saturday of every month until the soul scene live events are back up and running again. Each Saturday in-between we will be presenting Bury Town Hall Reloaded which will feature a selection of sets from previous shows chosen by the Soul Source listeners along with the now-famous Soul Source All-Requests hour from 7pm.

Join us in the chatroom at www.radioking.com/radio/soulallniter

There my be the odd additional new set or feature thrown in - so keep an eye out for details in the event threads.


Recommended Comments

***RELOADED SETS FOR 8th AUGUST***

over to the Soul Source crew to nominate sets to be re-loaded in this Saturdays upcoming show......there are still plenty to choose from that haven't been featured

 

BVAN Reloaded Programme.jpg

The selected reloaded sets for this Saturday night listed below folks:

Chalky 28th March - Producer(s) Selection

Dave Malloy 23rd May - Fingers

Lenny Dopson 9th May - TheJackos

Bob Hinsley 2nd May 2020 - Micksmix

Jordan and Charles 27th June - Martin L

Sorted :thumbup:

Edited by Eddiefoster
  • Up vote 4
Link to comment

🎼Soul Source All Request Hour selections for Saturday required folks - get diggin'🎶

Tyrone (The Wonder Boy) - Please Consider Me

Joseph Moore - I Still Can't Get You

Timothy Wilson -Iit's Love Baby

My Babys Got ESP - 4 Below Zero

Derek Martin - Flashback        

Alfreda Brockington -Your Love Has Got Me Chained 

Skip Mahoney - Janice

Lew Kirton - Heaven in the afternoon 

Carl Carlton - You can't stop a man in love 

Eddie Parker-Crying Clown

4 Sonics Plus One - Lost Without You

Willie Tee -Teasin You Again

James Brown & the JBS - People Wake Up And Live

Little Nicky Soul - I wanted to tell you

Tiara's - Loves Made A Connection

Benny Curtis - That's Alright

Lorraine Rudolph - Keep Coming Back For More

Major Lance - The story of my life

Flirtations - Change My Darkness into Light

Robert John -  Raindrops Love and Sunshine

Royal Robbins - Something About You Sends Me

The O'Jays - I Love Music

Lets Have a Love In - Flaming Embers

 

🎶SORTED:thumbup:

Edited by Eddiefoster
  • Up vote 3
Link to comment

***Don't forget you can find a backlog of sets from past shows on the BVAN Mixcloud lisiting page in the Soul Media section***

(we'll get more uploaded every week)

 

Link to comment

Our request for the reloaded set on the 8th is.....

Lenny Dopson 9/5/2020.

Missed it the 1st time round unfortunately and have really enjoyed the other sets he's done, so would be good to hear what our sleepy heads missed out on ( we know lightweights lol).

Cheers Thejackos

  • Up vote 6
Link to comment

ONLY because I (so far) can't find anybody to sell me a copy (or even a heads up to someone that has a copy) - coupled with the fact there are so few copies around and so lacks regular turntable action, I feel a very pressing need to get my fix, by way of request, of Joseph Moore's wonderfully soulful and oh, so sublime rarity on the Mar-v-lus label 'I Still Can't Get You' Please, 'Sir Weaver of the BVAN' ??

Oh.. and whilst I'm here, and just in case like - as you NEVER know...

WHO'S GONNA SELL ME A COPY ?!?  Cash sitting here burning a hole in my pocket, with a real danger of me wasting it on stuff I don't really want !!! You wouldn't want to see me do that now.. would you !!

Easiest form of prevention is to sell, or just put me on to a copy - doesn't have to actually be for sale.. I can be VERY persuasive..  😎

Baz ?? Anyone seen Baz ?? BAaaz.. Baz ?? Where is he !! No good hiding Baz - I feel a conversation about a certain 45 coming on..

Go on Baz.. You KNOW you want to.. 🤓

Edited by Ficklefingers
  • Up vote 2
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Ficklefingers said:

ONLY because I (so far) can't find anybody to sell me a copy (or even a heads up to someone that has a copy) - coupled with the fact there are so few copies around and so lacks regular turntable action, I feel a very pressing need to get my fix, by way of request, of Joseph Moore's wonderfully soulful and oh, so sublime rarity on the Mar-v-lus label 'I Still Can't Get You' Please, 'Sir Weaver of the BVAN' ??

Oh.. and whilst I'm here, and just in case like - as you NEVER know...

WHO'S GONNA SELL ME A COPY ?!?  Cash sitting here burning a hole in my pocket, with a real danger of me wasting it on stuff I don't really want !!! You wouldn't want to see me do that now.. would you !!

Easiest form of prevention is to sell, or just put me on to a copy - doesn't have to actually be for sale.. I can be VERY persuasive..  😎

Your powers of persuasion are not working on me mate.  Sorry 😞 

Link to comment

I thought I'd more than likely have a bit of a break during the 'inbetween' weeks, just doing that dipping in and out thing, but thus far I've listened to all the 'inbetween' weeks just as I do the 'fresh' weeks - I thoroughly enjoyed last Sat night's session.

I really do have a problem :D

Len :thumbsup:

  • Up vote 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Your powers of persuasion are not working on me mate.  Sorry 😞 

So, from your statement Ste, that must mean you have one - and just waiting on me to put some pins in your effigy until you can't wait to pass it over ?? 

41 minutes ago, Len said:

I thought I'd more than likely have a bit of a break during the 'inbetween' weeks, just doing that dipping in and out thing, but thus far I've listened to all the 'inbetween' weeks just as I do the 'fresh' weeks - I thoroughly enjoyed last Sat night's session.

I really do have a problem :D

Len :thumbsup:

Too much time on your hands I'd say, Len..

GET BACK TO WORK !! 😏

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Len said:

 

Timothy Wilson - it's love baby. 

My babys got esp - 4 below zero. Please if u could gents. 👍 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment

All right guys 

For this weeks reloaded can i suggest Jordan and Charles 27/6 if possible please 

For the all request hour       Flashback -Derek Martin        Alfreda Brockington -Your Love Has Got Me Chained   

Saturday night was outstanding Pete smashed it to pieces early doors  a great evening at Bury 

 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Martin L said:

All right guys 

For this weeks reloaded can i suggest Jordan and Charles 27/6 if possible please 

For the all request hour       Flashback -Derek Martin        Alfreda Brockington -Your Love Has Got Me Chained   

Saturday night was outstanding Pete smashed it to pieces early doors  a great evening at Bury 

 

Having now had a chance to catch up on Saturday's delights, and the sets I missed, I must say Martin - after listening to Pete's set, I HAVE to agree !! An excellent hour of across the board music, and genres, expertly blended to produce a fantastic hour over all.. a few not to my personal taste, but all great soul music of a very high calibre nonetheless.. Sharon Scott's standout 45 blowing me away in particular.. Surely Rear Gunner Crampton deserves a well-earned promotion ?? 

  • Up vote 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Rhino said:

Timothy Wilson - it's love baby. 

My babys got esp - 4 below zero. Please if u could gents. 👍 

To follow Pete,s My baby's got ESP may I suggest the following two please Sir Simon 

Lew Kirton.  Heaven in the afternoon 

Carl Carlton. You can't stop a man in love 

Link to comment

Well in that case, my request is 'SKIP MAHONEY - JANICE'

It's looking like a part 'ADAM' set :wink:

Thanks.

Len :thumbsup:

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
Wilxy

Posted (edited)

As previously mentioned, all of the re-loaded sets sound even more brilliant, second time around, and as I haven't heard a "duffer" of a set since the BVAN conception, I'd feel aggrieved to choose one over another, therefore my choice is any one from the roster who hasn't yet been re-loaded ! 

                                                                            Yet again, the only disappointment of the "virtuals" is they have to end, (whether I'm one of the last on-line, or inadvertently I doze off at the "controls" with my earphones in place!), irrespective of them being real-time or reloaded, and I find myself counting down the time to the weekend arriving once again........

Anyway my two choices for this weekends All-Request hour, are slightly downtempo Detroit ditties-

Eddie Parker-Crying Clown-Spectrum

4 Sonics plus one-Lost without you-Sepia

Looking forward to all your superb company once again......Roll on Saturday

wilxy

Edited by Wilxy
  • Up vote 4
Link to comment

***NEWS***

Following the format we seem to have now 'adopted' for the BVAN Reloaded weeks; this Saturday there will be the now traditional All-Request hour followed by a brand new set of "Never Before Heard" tracks from our own Martin Leach (thanks Martin) then the reloaded sets to top it all off nicely.

:thumbsup:

 

Virtual All-Nighter Flyer 08.08.2020.jpg

Edited by Eddiefoster
  • Up vote 5
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Eddiefoster said:

***NEWS***

Following the format we seem to have now 'adopted' for the BVAN Reloaded weeks; this Saturday there will be the now traditional All-Request hour followed by a brand new set of "Never Before Heard" tracks from our own Martin Leach (thanks Martin) then the reloaded sets to top it all off nicely.

:thumbsup:

 

Virtual All-Nighter Flyer 08.08.2020.jpg

Oooooooh... That sounds mighty interesting Sir Simon.. With the brilliant set he originally gave us I, for one, can't wait to hear his selection of 'never heard before's'  - if that is actually possible ?? Cos I'm pretty certain there can't be anything that Sir Baz hasn't already covered.. Can there ?!? I mean.. he's got every single 45 ever released in the US, the UK, Europe, The Far & Middle East, along with Asia and the Oceania, plus The World, and The Universe !! Well, it certainly seems that way !! 😎

Whilst listening to the sets I missed on Saturday I had a thought (yes, dangerous.. I know lol)..

I toyed with the idea of  a 'special' reload set - chosen by the listeners, of the cream of the sets since the first broadcast ?? I know it would be similar in format to the existing All Request Hour, but instead of random requests they could be made up of 'creme de la creme' selections (via nomination)..

Too much for only an hour, I know.. but it could be an ongoing theme ?? Part 1; Part 2; etc ??

Just a passing thought chaps and chapesses.. feel free to tell me to go forth and multiply 🥰

Edited by Ficklefingers
  • Up vote 1
Link to comment

No such thing as a bad idea John, do you mean sets compiled from tracks selected out of the library of choons played on the show?

Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Eddiefoster said:

No such thing as a bad idea John, do you mean sets compiled from tracks selected out of the library of choons played on the show?

I think maybe that perhaps I possibly may or may not mean that Simon.. I think !! 🤔

Yes mate.. 😎

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Ficklefingers said:

I think maybe that perhaps I possibly may or may not mean that Simon.. I think !! 🤔

Yes mate.. 😎

🤣

I'll have a think how we could facilitate that - there have been around 1700 tracks played so-far and listing them to choose from may be a challenge!!

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Eddiefoster said:

🤣

I'll have a think how we could facilitate that - there have been around 1700 tracks played so-far and listing them to choose from may be a challenge!!

A man of your calibre ?? NO PROBLEM !! lol

Sure there must be many that think as I do, in that a lot of what I would consider worthy of inclusion are already embedded in the brain from when I heard them played - cos they stood out so much ?? Does that make sense ?? Then of course there are the mixcloud uploads to use for reference if needs be..

Or shall I just shut up and leave it to people that know what they're doing 🤓🤪

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Ficklefingers said:

A man of your calibre ?? NO PROBLEM !! lol

Sure there must be many that think as I do, in that a lot of what I would consider worthy of inclusion are already embedded in the brain from when I heard them played - cos they stood out so much ?? Does that make sense ?? Then of course there are the mixcloud uploads to use for reference if needs be..

Or shall I just shut up and leave it to people that know what they're doing 🤓🤪

we'll give it a go John :thumbup:

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment

Hi Simon,  another excellent Saturday night but unfortunately didn't manage to stay the distance too long after midnight , a long day in the sun lots of alcoholic refreshments and birthday celebrations. 

Anyway in keeping with the 70s mood may I suggest please, Willie Tee -Teasin You Again -Gatur and James Brown & the jbs -People Wake Up And Live - Polydor, 

Here's to another cracking Saturday nights entertainment cheers Simon keep safe everyone,,, 

  • Up vote 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Ficklefingers said:

A man of your calibre ?? NO PROBLEM !! lol

Sure there must be many that think as I do, in that a lot of what I would consider worthy of inclusion are already embedded in the brain from when I heard them played - cos they stood out so much ?? Does that make sense ?? Then of course there are the mixcloud uploads to use for reference if needs be..

Or shall I just shut up and leave it to people that know what they're doing 🤓🤪

John.  Am I right in saying that we all pick our ( for instance  ) top five favourite records that we have heard from the various dj,s over the whole BVAN and that is then  put together as the show  or shows ? 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

John.  Am I right in saying that we all pick our ( for instance  ) top five favourite records that we have heard from the various dj,s over the whole BVAN and that is then  put together as the show  or shows ? 

Yes Ste.. that is essentially it (I think lol)

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment

This week's request.....Robert John, Raindrops Love and Sunshine.

Cheers Jacko

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Chalky said:

what was my set, 70s & 80s? or my first 60s?

 

First 60s Chalky

  • Up vote 3
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Eddiefoster said:

First 60s Chalky

that long ago can't remember :D

Link to comment

I know it's not diggin that deep but if you have any room.......

The O'Jays - I Love Music

Well, we all love music 🙂

Cheers

  • Up vote 4
Link to comment

This is a very very awesome place, in keeping with the vibe Lets Have a Love In Flaming Embers please Simon.

Edited by Imperial C
  • Up vote 2
Link to comment

***BVAN ANNOUNCEMENT***

29th of August is the next All-New BVAN and it will be a 'special' for Lenny Dopsons 50th birthday.

Lenny will be selecting the DJs for the night and we will also have a set from one of the true legends of Northern Soul - Mr Brian Rae.

🎼Put it in your diaries :thumbsup:.

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Eddiefoster said:

***BVAN ANNOUNCEMENT***

29th of August is the next All-New BVAN and it will be a 'special' for Lenny Dopsons 50th birthday.

Lenny will be selecting the DJs for the night and we will also have a set from one of the true legends of Northern Soul - Mr Brian Rae.

🎼Put it in your diaries :thumbsup:.

Its in my diary already Sir Simon 

  • Up vote 2
Link to comment

Hi Guys,

Have a great night Saturday - I will be listening on my phone from Sunny Whitby :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

  • Up vote 4
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Len said:

Hi Guys,

Have a great night Saturday - I will be listening on my phone from Sunny Whitby :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

Have a great time in Sunny Whitby Len 🏊‍♂️😁

I will be listening from sunny Stoke-on-Trent, not sure how much I will be participating in the chatroom,  will be plenty of chatting with Rob n julie though so I won't be missing out that much 😀 

  • Up vote 3
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Have a great time in Sunny Whitby Len 🏊‍♂️😁

I will be listening from sunny Stoke-on-Trent, not sure how much I will be participating in the chatroom,  will be plenty of chatting with Rob n julie though so I won't be missing out that much 😀 

say a fond hello for me Steve

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Eddiefoster said:

say a fond hello for me Steve

I certainly will do my friend 😊 

Link to comment
Soulandy

Posted (edited)

I love music 🎶🎶

Keep it going 😁

cheers 👍

Edited by Soulandy
  • Up vote 2
Link to comment

Fabulous Lenny....You have impeccable taste.

Chalky already off to a great start.

Cheers all Thejackos.

  • Up vote 3
Link to comment

Bit late but many thanks for playing my requests

I,m still here and lurking but i cant get a word edge ways either talking or typing with Rob

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Just got back on line, missed the last two hours. Gutted

Great night again gents, sorry 🙏 for coming off chatroom early but my 9 week old pup was being a terrorist and driving me mad but the music 🎶 was on of your impeccable high standards. Martin was top draw and as for lord Lenny it sounded even better 2 time around and got the pup to chill out. Top night hats of to all djs and the bury VAN team. Can't wait for the 22nd installment. 👍 

  • Up vote 4
Link to comment

Class, night as always, with all sets once again superb........Great effort, and very much appreciated!

wilxy

  • Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Had a family event Saturday, so I was only able to listen in haphazardly.
But still pretty damn good I must say for what I heard.
Back for some more 15th August - sure will be.

Catch up with everyone then.    Best,   Tom.

  • Up vote 2
Link to comment

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Log in to Soul Source

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!

Related Soul Music Links



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.