United Sound Of Soul Saturday 18Th July

I'm THAT keen, and eager, for the next installment of The United Sounds of Soul.. I actually left my home yesterday to travel to the venue !! yes.gif

It's TRUE !! I thought it was last night - and on Friday, when everyone was asking if I was going to Wigan the next night, I was saying to them all "Naaah... I'm going to Walsall for United Sounds of Soul" !! no.gifno.gif

It was only by scanning over the $$ flyer (for address details) that I made the discovery of being an entire week in front of myself. wanker.gifrolleyes.gif Quick couple of texts later ensured I would (instead) hook up in Rugby with some like-minded reprobates Soulies.. To travel together in Sian's people carrier for the night at Maxim's (Maxine's ??) in Wigan. excl.gif

Problem I have NOW, though.. I'm at the Wilton 'Niter on the Friday - so it's gonna be ANOTHER looooooonng weekend. tumbleweed3.gif'N I LOVE IT !! good.gif

See's ya all there on the Saturday peeps.. thumbup.gif

Fingers shades.gif

Edited by FickleFingers
  • Replies 201
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I'm THAT keen, and eager, for the next installment of The United Sounds of Soul.. I actually left my home yesterday to travel to the venue !! :yes:

It's TRUE !! I thought it was last night - and on Friday, when everyone was asking if I was going to Wigan the next night, I was saying to them all "Naaah... I'm going to Walsall for United Sounds of Soul" !! :no::no:

It was only by scanning over the $ flyer (for address details) that I made the discovery of being an entire week in front of myself. :wanker::rolleyes: Quick couple of texts later ensured I would (instead) hook up in Rugby with some like-minded reprobates Soulies.. To travel together in Sian's people carrier for the night at Maxim's (Maxine's ??) in Wigan. :excl:

Problem I have NOW, though.. I'm at the Wilton 'Niter on the Friday - so it's gonna be ANOTHER looooooonng weekend. :tumbleweed3:'N I LOVE IT !! :good:

See's ya all there on the Saturday peeps.. :thumbup:

Fingers shades

PMSL, what you like johnny, only last weend i said see you in a fortnites time.......

Guest SoulRenaissance

Hotel booked - no worries about driving homebeer.gifhypo.gif

looking forward to another top night of quality musicthumbsup.gif

See ya next week

Looks like this is gonna be a ball. Fingers two weeks in front? Hasn't he always?

Martyn

oh yes I may come in this attire!

So you've been out dressed like Madonna before then Lou, actually think you've had a lucky escape Kev's computer crashed this morning and to put it bluntly it f****d so don't think he'll be putting any pictures up for the next couple of days. Oh and we may have a problem doing the cd's but hopefully he'll sort something out.

Sharon

oh deary me, things are bad, see thats karma on him, but jocking aside, shame about Mick Lloyd, but Tims a great replacement, so with Kenny birthday celebrations, we are really looking forward to sat, and now the Mr darling tea company coming, gonna be a great nite, cant wait to hear what harpo spins as well as jordi, Steve, Martyn and the rest, although the DJ,s are a bit quiet on here, I was looking forward to Steve's banter, such a great sense of humor although he looks so sensible when you speak to him,but there again I do have this effect on people, I think the photos have put everybody off there stride :yes:

So you've been out dressed like Madonna before then Lou, actually think you've had a lucky escape Kev's computer crashed this morning and to put it bluntly it f****d so don't think he'll be putting any pictures up for the next couple of days. Oh and we may have a problem doing the cd's but hopefully he'll sort something out.

Sharon

Is my husband there yet? :thumbup:

If it doesn't get sorted, send the cd back with Tony and we'll do them for you :yes:

Is my husband there yet? :thumbup:

If it doesn't get sorted, send the cd back with Tony and we'll do them for you :yes:

He's been here over an hour Joan he said he'd txt you, think the hard drive is knackered so may have to take you up on the offer and at least you get the copy yourself this time :thumbup: . Seriously though thanks for that it's much appreciated.

Sharon

He's been here over an hour Joan he said he'd txt you, think the hard drive is knackered so may have to take you up on the offer and at least you get the copy yourself this time :thumbup: . Seriously though thanks for that it's much appreciated.

Sharon

I guessed he was, but all the text said was 'ok' :yes:

Which is odd because we both know you can't shut him up usually! :thumbup:

Guest SoulRenaissance

oh deary me, things are bad, see thats karma on him, but jocking aside, shame about Mick Lloyd, but Tims a great replacement, so with Kenny birthday celebrations, we are really looking forward to sat, and now the Mr darling tea company coming, gonna be a great nite, cant wait to hear what harpo spins as well as jordi, Steve, Martyn and the rest, although the DJ,s are a bit quiet on here, I was looking forward to Steve's banter, such a great sense of humor although he looks so sensible when you speak to him,but there again I do have this effect on people, I think the photos have put everybody off there stride :lol:

Other business to attend to Lou, only so many hours in a day. I know what it feels like being a beaver. Still yet to get the tunes together, another reorganisation of the box. What's going big at the moment? Mind you i ain't got any of them tunes. Got the odd one or so for certain people, and maybe some things not played for a while (if i've ever played them out)?

Martyn

Guest SoulRenaissance

oh deary me, things are bad, see thats karma on him, but jocking aside, shame about Mick Lloyd, but Tims a great replacement, so with Kenny birthday celebrations, we are really looking forward to sat, and now the Mr darling tea company coming, gonna be a great nite, cant wait to hear what harpo spins as well as jordi, Steve, Martyn and the rest, although the DJ,s are a bit quiet on here, I was looking forward to Steve's banter, such a great sense of humor although he looks so sensible when you speak to him,but there again I do have this effect on people, I think the photos have put everybody off there stride :lol:

Are you funny before or after ten pints?

Guest SoulRenaissance

Looking forward to this........has all the makings of being an excellent night.

Yes it does doesn't it. Steve were honoured that you're guesting, i'm sure you're going to enjoy playing for this crowd. Plenty of those tunes you played at the Sunflower and you won't go far wrong.

Martyn

Guest SoulRenaissance

Walter Wilson, and a few others will do me.

Martyn

Guest Rhonda

I'll second that yes.gif

Martyn please put a reserve sign on the table we had last time and hide the chews from Cath and Annette.

Getting excited now, looking forward to another top night thumbup.gif

See you Saturday,

R

x

Guest SoulRenaissance

I'll second that :yes:

Martyn please put a reserve sign on the table we had last time and hide the chews from Cath and Annette.

Getting excited now, looking forward to another top night :thumbup:

See you Saturday,

R

x

Yes. Your wish is my command!

Martyn

Guest SoulRenaissance

Harpo, good to see him back behind the decks. For me a test of his abilities.

Martyn, don't you worry about my Dj'ing abilities, as capable as ever, its my ABBA and Glitter band records that you should be worryin' about

PH

Harpo i'll be on deck patrol as i was with Chrissie last time out, as there was a rumour that she'd be playing bootlegs. Rest assured she wasn't, and passed the test with flying colours.

Martyn

Guest SoulRenaissance

Counting the days to getting slightly inebriated wicked.gif:thumbup:

Counting the days to when i'll be humping all that gear on.

I'll second that :yes:

Getting excited now, looking forward to another top night :thumbup:

See you Saturday,

R

x

Thanks for reminding me about the sweeties havn't bought em yet not like me there usually all packed and ready to go by now. But it's been a little stressful here this week so I'm sure I can be forgiven.

DJ times up later.

Sharon

I think Steve's travelling up with Chrissie, so you'll have someone to keep you company Lou.

Yes I'm coming as Mr G's minder, well someone has to look after him and protect him and his records from Lou :thumbsup: oh and I know the way so that's a bonus...........er I think, well remember the way there but can't remember a fooooook about the journey home the next morning apart from Pete saying "wake me up when we get home", I wouldn't mind but he was driving :rolleyes:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Yes I'm coming as Mr G's minder, well someone has to look after him and protect him and his records from Lou :thumbsup: oh and I know the way so that's a bonus...........er I think, well remember the way there but can't remember a fooooook about the journey home the next morning apart from Pete saying "wake me up when we get home", I wouldn't mind but he was driving :rolleyes:

QoFxx

Will get Kev to post directions from the motorway Chrissie just as a little reminder. See you Saturday.

Sharon

Guest SoulRenaissance

Yes I'm coming as Mr G's minder, well someone has to look after him and protect him and his records from Lou laugh.gif oh and I know the way so that's a bonus...........er I think, well remember the way there but can't remember a fooooook about the journey home the next morning apart from Pete saying "wake me up when we get home", I wouldn't mind but he was driving :thumbup:

QoFxx

I bet that was scary? Been in that position myself, but i was driving. Autopilot. Never again. Woke that guy and his missus up on the hard shoulder one night.

Guest SoulRenaissance

Walter Wilson in the box......filled the tank with "petril", all set.

Note on windscreen not to forget to pick up Chrissie on way.

Steve, also the Tommy & Derbys? Another great tune. Although i'm sure you'll have it with you anyway, but thought you'd like a few requests beforehand.

Martyn

Harpo i'll be on deck patrol as i was with Chrissie last time out, as there was a rumour that she'd be playing bootlegs. Rest assured she wasn't, and passed the test with flying colours.

Martyn

ohmy.gif:D I can't believe you would even think such a thing, think someone was winding you up :thumbup:

QoFxx

I think Steve's travelling up with Chrissie, so you'll have someone to keep you company Lou.

well now martyn, chrissie is ..was going to say youngish. free and single.. you are youngish, free and single, could it be united sounds of luurrrrvvvvvvvvvvvvvv :thumbup: I am good at match making!!!!

Walter Wilson in the box......filled the tank with "petril", all set.

Note on windscreen not to forget to pick up Chrissie on way.

truly beaming your playin Steve, cant wait to see what you pull out your box sat..and please don't forget Chrissie, what time you coming ?,, would be nice to meet up for a bevy or 2, and I think petrol goes further than petril :thumbup:

me too johnnie:hypo:

I'm THAT keen, and eager, for the next installment of The United Sounds of Soul.. I actually left my home yesterday to travel to the venue !! :yes:

It's TRUE !! I thought it was last night - and on Friday, when everyone was asking if I was going to Wigan the next night, I was saying to them all "Naaah... I'm going to Walsall for United Sounds of Soul" !! :no::no:

It was only by scanning over the $$ flyer (for address details) that I made the discovery of being an entire week in front of myself. :wanker::rolleyes: Quick couple of texts later ensured I would (instead) hook up in Rugby with some like-minded reprobates Soulies.. To travel together in Sian's people carrier for the night at Maxim's (Maxine's ??) in Wigan. :excl:

Problem I have NOW, though.. I'm at the Wilton 'Niter on the Friday - so it's gonna be ANOTHER looooooonng weekend. :tumbleweed3:'N I LOVE IT !! :good:

See's ya all there on the Saturday peeps.. :thumbup:

Fingers shades

Guest SoulRenaissance

:thumbup::elvis: I can't believe you would even think such a thing, think someone was winding you up wicked.gif

QoFxx

That's what i thought. Think it was Pete that was trying to wind us up?

Martyn

Guest SoulRenaissance

well now martyn, chrissie is ..was going to say youngish. free and single.. you are youngish, free and single, could it be united sounds of luurrrrvvvvvvvvvvvvvv innocent.gif I am good at match making!!!!

Didn't know you had experience of that Lou, thought you worked with kids?

Martyn

Guest SoulRenaissance

Surely not laugh.gif

QoFxx

Who knows, the details are all sketchy. Looking forward to seeing you and Steve on Saturday.

Martyn

ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS TO GET THROUGH FOR ANOTHER BURST OF U.S.O.S....BRILLIMOST...

.AND YET AGAIN WHAT A TOTALLY AWESOME DJ LINE UP...JUST CAN'T WAIT..

..NICE TO SEE ME OLD MATE "MR COPPERTOPS" HIMSELF JOHN FARREL AMONGST THE LIST..

.....GONNA BE A GREAT NIGHT...SEE Y'ALL THERE good.gif

Source Advert