Fed Up, With Certain Members

felt i had to say something, bit peed off with listing records and getting pm"s from people wanting to buy them, then refuse offers from other buyers and never hearing from the first buyer againwanker.gif . couple of months ago was selling shorty long out to get you,tammi terrell come on and see me,tmg issues within 10 minutes a certain member offered around £220 for both deal donethumbup.gif , later knocked back two other buyers told them they were sold,then the following day the first buyer whose name i will not repeat pulls out cos hes skintwanker.gifwanker.gif .

think most people on ss are genuine, but if you cant afford dont commit to a seller saying you want that record ,when you havent got the funds , theres two or three members i could name who have done this to me ,total timewasters

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

felt i had to say something, bit peed off with listing records and getting pm"s from people wanting to buy them, then refuse offers from other buyers and never hearing from the first buyer againwanker.gif . couple of months ago was selling shorty long out to get you,tammi terrell come on and see me,tmg issues within 10 minutes a certain member offered around £220 for both deal donethumbup.gif , later knocked back two other buyers told them they were sold,then the following day the first buyer whose name i will not repeat pulls out cos hes skintwanker.gifwanker.gif .

think most people on ss are genuine, but if you cant afford dont commit to a seller saying you want that record ,when you haven't got the funds , there's two or three members i could name who have done this to me ,total time wasters

:) Name & Shame? is what I say wanker.gif However be tactful the old Liable laws? :lol: DAVE KIL

Social source share

Welcome to my world! I get this every week, without fail. Even this week, I have about 12 ska records on hold for people who reserved them on friday and haven't come back to me to confirm, meaning I can't let anyone else who asked about them know if they are available, and making it look like I'm not even bothering to reply. Come monday, I'll tell the original people I'm selling them to someone else and blacklist them.

Social source share

Welcome to my world! I get this every week, without fail. Even this week, I have about 12 ska records on hold for people who reserved them on friday and haven't come back to me to confirm, meaning I can't let anyone else who asked about them know if they are available, and making it look like I'm not even bothering to reply. Come monday, I'll tell the original people I'm selling them to someone else and blacklist them.

yeh but what really does my head in is ,why tell a seller you want a record when they proberbly have no intentions at all of buying the record, which in all is losing us a possible sale to someone elseangry.gif

Social source share

yeh but what really does my head in is ,why tell a seller you want a record when they proberbly have no intentions at all of buying the record, which in all is losing us a possible sale to someone elseangry.gif

If you've got access to a card machine, make em pay straight away, or tell every one its for sale, first person to post the money gets it? If they want it, they will pay quickly.yes.gif Thats how we used to do it by mail order lists.

It must be a PIA though!

P smile.gif

Social source share

maybe done when pissed or whatever & re-consider when sober? not right though.

I wonder if more of the less reliable offers are received during the early hours?

Jayne.

Social source share

Obviously ALL the people have access to pc's etc - It is not hard to use paypal, credit card or bank transfer to make an instant sale - there is NO excuse for not seeing through a record deal - after all NOBODY twisted their arm to commit to buy.

When I use Ebay to "Buy It Now" the total transaction takes less than a minute - everybody's happy - that's how easy it is - all other deals should be (where possible) conducted in the same manner.

Social source share

I can understand the frustration but I can't see that venting it on here is any answer to the problem. Personally I've never had anyone let me down although once or twice maybe a bit slow to pay as I tend toward the pay pretty immediately school myself.

The instance of the 2 x Motown 45s is regrettable but at least the non-buyer did get in touch next day. If I don't know the buyer who reserves 45s and someone else orders after I usually say record is reseved but they can always check back in a week to see if sale has gone through.

I think we need to identify "serial" non-buyers only. To do that you'd have to "name and shame", as Dave points out, so that the information can be shared amongst sellers and some kinda blacklist drawn up.

The odd let-down whilst a pain for the seller is really to be expected amongst a clientelle whose pursuit of vinyl sometimes sees common sense fly out the window.

ROD

Social source share

I like to keep it as simple as possible, so i always say yes its yours on receipt of a small deposit, normally 10%. Then you find out whos serious and whos not.

Latley Ive had many offers on big ticket records that people ask me to hold with no deposit which I wont, unless they are people who I deal with on a regular basis or know. That said if someone calls me and says can i give you £50 on £1k+ item and i'll pay in a 6 or 8 weeks I have absolutley no problem with that as long as we all know where we stand.

I think any reasonable buyer will understand if you ask for a deposit on a record over a few hundred quid.

With regard to naming people i think thats fair if someone lets you down, you dont have to slag anyone off just say let down by ........... and they can then respond and defend themselves if they want.

ATB Darren

www.raresoul45s.co.uk

Social source share

I like to keep it as simple as possible, so i always say yes its yours on receipt of a small deposit, normally 10%. Then you find out whos serious and whos not.

Latley Ive had many offers on big ticket records that people ask me to hold with no deposit which I wont, unless they are people who I deal with on a regular basis or know. That said if someone calls me and says can i give you £50 on £1k+ item and i'll pay in a 6 or 8 weeks I have absolutley no problem with that as long as we all know where we stand.

I think any reasonable buyer will understand if you ask for a deposit on a record over a few hundred quid.

With regard to naming people i think thats fair if someone lets you down, you dont have to slag anyone off just say let down by ........... and they can then respond and defend themselves if they want.

ATB Darren

www.raresoul45s.co.uk

I think its best not to say too much. What if that person has a record for sale you that you would like?

Just my thoughts,

P:smile:

Social source share

ATB Darren

www.raresoul45s.co.uk

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I ask people to hold records for me sometimes for a week or so but only people who I have bought reasonable amounts of stuff off of before - that way they know I'm not a timewaster. I think the best way is to only agree to hold stuff if it's a regular, reliable customer, that way you know you'll get the money and you can bank on it as a sale. Serious buyers will not want to abuse that trust once it's created and so that system works for everybody. First and second time purchasers? Cash on the nail please....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert