• Replies 265
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest SoulRenaissance

It is the music we all go out for - not the four walls it is played in!

USOS is a class event... where ever it may be.

And I for one CAN'T WAIT :shades:

Wondered why the Blackpool weekender had the tent, maybe they couldn't find a room? Hence tent music!

Who's gonna be the first promoter to hold a soul event in a prison then?

Martyn

Wondered why the Blackpool weekender had the tent, maybe they couldn't find a room? Hence tent music!

Who's gonna be the first promoter to hold a soul event in a prison then?

Martyn

I was referring to the fact that although it is yet another different venue for USOS - it is the music we go for and not the venue :shades:

Anyway, we are all God fearing, law abiding folk at USOS :shades:

Guest SoulRenaissance

I was referring to the fact that although it is yet another different venue for USOS - it is the music we go for and not the venue :shades:

Anyway, we are all God fearing, law abiding folk at USOS :shades:

"..... and the band rolls on"

Okeh, back to business, was handed a Cd on saturday nite by the one and only Mr Fingers, who has lovingly compiled it it for everyone to listen too.... so Now i must get you a little taster up on here.... some great tracks and a few i personally didnt know... so heres to Saturday 19th..good.gif

Guest SoulRenaissance

Okeh, back to business, was handed a Cd on saturday nite by the one and only Mr Fingers, who has lovingly compiled it it for everyone to listen too.... so Now i must get you a little taster up on here.... some great tracks and a few i personally didnt know... so heres to Saturday 19th..good.gif

Can't wait to hear this, as the CD's so far have been excellent.

My mate and his Missus are gonna be in Birmingham for that particular weekend and I pointed him in the direction of this event, they're both very keen to go and reckon they can find their way to the venue but to get back to the city centre afterwards may present a problem, anyone heading back that way afterwards that can help 'em out?

David.

My mate and his Missus are gonna be in Birmingham for that particular weekend and I pointed him in the direction of this event, they're both very keen to go and reckon they can find their way to the venue but to get back to the city centre afterwards may present a problem, anyone heading back that way afterwards that can help 'em out?

David.

Hopefully, someone a bit more 'local' will be able to accomodate this journey for your friends.. But failing all else, I'll be heading home in an easterly direction, so will gladly drop them where they need to be. Doesn't (ultimately) matter which route I take !! thumbsup.gif

Fingers... shades.gif

Guest SoulRenaissance

Hopefully, someone a bit more 'local' will be able to accomodate this journey for your friends.. But failing all else, I'll be heading home in an easterly direction, so will gladly drop them where they need to be. Doesn't (ultimately) matter which route I take !! thumbsup.gif

Fingers... shades.gif

With all these people you're picking up en route and on the return journey, does that mean you've got a mini bus?

Fingers... shades.gif

Your such a gent John thanks for offering to help out, I will ask around before hand and see what I can sort out.

Sharon

Have now got the 3 nearest hotels to our new venue and will check prices etc and then post up later along with phone numbers for anyone that needs them. Unfortunately we couldn't get a picture of the downstairs room etc as they didn't open till 9 and we wanted to to Lifeline so will try and get a picture soon.

Sharon

Guest SoulRenaissance

I was referring to the fact that although it is yet another different venue for USOS - it is the music we go for and not the venue thumbup.gif

Anyway, we are all God fearing, law abiding folk at USOS biggrin.gif

Going for the music sounds about right. When these lineups are being put together, it's not till you actually see them on the thread, or on the flyers. You see how good they are, and would do any good all-nighter/ progressive soul night proud.

Fantastic, can't wait.

Fingers... shades.gif

That's mighty decent of you mate, I'll be sure to let 'em know good.gif

Really looking forward to this, looks like being a top night! Hoping to cadge a lift off Tony and Joan too which would mean I could stay out beyond midnight for a change; might even have a beer or summatthumbup.gif Mr Cunliffe can't be with us,sadly, he's fishin and fraternising with some Frenchies huh.gif

Guest SoulRenaissance

Really looking forward to this, looks like being a top night! Hoping to cadge a lift off Tony and Joan too which would mean I could stay out beyond midnight for a change; might even have a beer or summatthumbup.gif Mr Cunliffe can't be with us,sadly, he's fishin and fraternising with some Frenchies huh.gif

What have you got for us Phil, as you usually play an interesting mix of tunes? You never know what's coming next, always a pleasure to hear your sets.

Martyn

==============================================================================================

Yes true im really gutted to be missing this, ive missed the last couple due to work and now that its on again ive got the French fishing team

over in Wigan / Leigh from the 17th--20 Sept and being the Ambassador for the twinning organisation ect i have to thrash the French in the competitions and get them very very drunk all week on the Sat nite its the presentation nite when we again get very very very very drunk before we pick up the trophys we are gonna winthumbsup.gif

Big Phil will have to get a lift without me as his co-pilot he would end up in Torquay if he drove there on his toddno.gif

Let's just say Phil was dancing like demon and the last one out laugh.gif

It was the devil's work I tell ye! Looking forward to sitting in the back of two of my favourite people's wagon and laughing for two hours, getting there and making every fecker sit down for an hour before listening to a load of other people play records who know what they're doing. I might even shuffle about a bit, boll*cks to the knees! Roll on ...

x

==============================================================================================

Yes true im really gutted to be missing this, ive missed the last couple due to work and now that its on again ive got the French fishing team

over in Wigan / Leigh from the 17th--20 Sept and being the Ambassador for the twinning organisation ect i have to thrash the French in the competitions and get them very very drunk all week on the Sat nite its the presentation nite when we again get very very very very drunk before we pick up the trophys we are gonna winthumbsup.gif

Big Phil will have to get a lift without me as his co-pilot he would end up in Torquay if he drove there on his toddno.gif

Dear Dad

how can you have the brass neck to claim that your navigation skills were in no way connected to our little detour to, erm, 'Shakespear Country' last time outohmy.gif Granted, you were indeed the one who first saw the Stratford sign but we were already on the M42 at that juncture i.e. you could see a small road sign but hadn't pointed out the second largest city in the country as we passed it.

Will miss ya mate

Phil

ps: Maria has a couple of keep nets if you're short laugh.gif

What have you got for us Phil, as you usually play an interesting mix of tunes? You never know what's coming next, always a pleasure to hear your sets.

Martyn

Cheers Mart, that's kind of you (although 'interesting' is an, well, erm, interesting word; bit like 'medium' I always think laugh.gif ) Mate, this is one of the few venues a. where the promoters are brave / daft enough to invite me to play and b. where you know the folk in there will ave it properly i.e. you don't necessarily have to ram the floor to know that folk are enjoying what's being played (now some might interpret that as chin strokery but I think it's something else actually ... Seriously, I've always tried to collect and play records that I love and which I don't think everyone else is chasing so I'll try and live up to your expectations. Without setting a new trend by posting a playlist in advance laugh.gif I'll probably dig the usual mix of old Stafford things out and have a couple of little treats for Kev too. By way of a Guy H tribute you'll defintely be getting Fantasians (because Sharon truly loathes it) and one or two of his old CUs Mylestones, Thelma Laverne, Florence Miller etc . Maybe a couple of maniacle former Keb spins too - we'll take it from there.

Can't wait - bin ages since I saw you mob.

ATB

Phil

ps: I promise not to don the sombrero Kevwicked.gif

Guest SoulRenaissance

Cheers Mart, that's kind of you (although 'interesting' is an, well, erm, interesting word; bit like 'medium' I always think laugh.gif ) Mate, this is one of the few venues a. where the promoters are brave / daft enough to invite me to play and b. where you know the folk in there will ave it properly i.e. you don't necessarily have to ram the floor to know that folk are enjoying what's being played (now some might interpret that as chin strokery but I think it's something else actually ... Seriously, I've always tried to collect and play records that I love and which I don't think everyone else is chasing so I'll try and live up to your expectations. Without setting a new trend by posting a playlist in advance laugh.gif I'll probably dig the usual mix of old Stafford things out and have a couple of little treats for Kev too. By way of a Guy H tribute you'll defintely be getting Fantasians (because Sharon truly loathes it) and one or two of his old CUs Mylestones, Thelma Laverne, Florence Miller etc . Maybe a couple of maniacle former Keb spins too - we'll take it from there.

Can't wait - bin ages since I saw you mob.

ATB

Phil

ps: I promise not to don the sombrero Kevwicked.gif

Phil it's always a pleasure to meet up with like minded folk, it's part of the reasons we do this. Chin strokers? Well we've all got our terms for different groups on the scene, and my term for these people who use that phrase is Neanderthals. Ain't got a clue either about music, or what were about. Keeping the scene proper and current, not living the past.

Got a good idea what your take on it is, my kind of tunes are they.

The lineup is fantastic, the sounds should be too. You've only got to look at the dj's to realise that. Lifeline last weekend was brilliant, this should match that if we get the crowd in.

Martyn

well do us all proud Ian,I am sure you will!! will have to wait another time to tell you about my massive carp :ohmy:

any news on B& B,s sharon?

Hi Sharon.

Think I've sussed your emoticon problem.

You just need to have a space between the last letter of the word and the emoticon thumbup.gif

Joanie

you may need an emitcom or two my fave gal when you see / hear what I've just returned from a trip to Lowton with wicked.gif As the actress said to the Bishop: "I plied him with cheap drink and rifled his box" ph34r.gif .

Don't worry honey, it's safe with me now and will get an outing at USOS, for nobody but you naturally!

As the Bishop said the the actress: "I may even let you stroke it in the back of the vehicle if you're good"

Phil x

Joanie

you may need an emitcom or two my fave gal when you see / hear what I've just returned from a trip to Lowton with :wicked: As the actress said to the Bishop: "I plied him with cheap drink and rifled his box" :ph34r: .

Don't worry honey, it's safe with me now and will get an outing at USOS, for nobody but you naturally!

As the Bishop said the the actress: "I may even let you stroke it in the back of the vehicle if you're good"

Phil x

Ok Phil what have you brought.......

Joanie

you may need an emitcom or two my fave gal when you see / hear what I've just returned from a trip to Lowton with wicked.gif As the actress said to the Bishop: "I plied him with cheap drink and rifled his box" ph34r.gif .

Phil x

OMG!! You haven't? :thumbup:

Can I please let it be noted on public record that I want first shout if the time ever arises that you want to be plied with cheap drink and your box rifled :D

Guest SoulRenaissance

It was the devil's work I tell ye! Looking forward to sitting in the back of two of my favourite people's wagon and laughing for two hours, getting there and making every fecker sit down for an hour before listening to a load of other people play records who know what they're doing. I might even shuffle about a bit, boll*cks to the knees! Roll on ...

x

I'm sure there'll be plenty on the floor, as the quality of the sounds speak for themselves.

Guest SoulRenaissance

Ian give those Froggies what for, as Corporal Jones used to say in Dad's Army "They don't like it up 'em".

Joanie

you may need an emitcom or two my fave gal when you see / hear what I've just returned from a trip to Lowton with :wicked: As the actress said to the Bishop: "I plied him with cheap drink and rifled his box" :ph34r: .

Phil x

==========================================================================

The bugger date raped me and left with two of my favs shades:no:

Mind you i end,d up with a few of my wants off Phil:king:

The bugger date raped me and left with two of my favs shades.gifno.gif

Mind you i end,d up with a few of my wants off Philking.gif

Mate, it was a pleasant evening all round, as it always is. I have to say though that paying a neighbour to let fireworks off in order to make Ted the dog shake uncontrollably mid-negotiation was a cheap trick. You know I can't resist him wrapped in a blanket and I fear that I was distracted at a crucial moment ph34r.gif .

Seriously, you know I'll treasure em palthumbup.gif Talk to you down the week ...

cheers

Phil

Anyone stopping over hope this link is useful..

https://www.bedandbre...y=B65#DLR149505

Bill thanx for putting the link up, we had a drive round last week before Lifeline and found that the 3 nearest hotels were

Premier Inn £52.00 per room no breakfast included

Travel Lodge £45.00 per room no breakfast included

Holiday Inn Express now the prices for this were a bit funny as we we're just quoted £53.00 per room including continental breakfast over the phone but when I got a quote online it was only £44.95 not sure if that included the breakfast though.

All three hotels are just off the M5 junction 2 and only about 10 mins away from the venue.

Sharon

Bill thanx for putting the link up, we had a drive round last week before Lifeline and found that the 3 nearest hotels were

Premier Inn £52.00 per room no breakfast included

Travel Lodge £45.00 per room no breakfast included

Holiday Inn Express now the prices for this were a bit funny as we we're just quoted £53.00 per room including continental breakfast over the phone but when I got a quote online it was only £44.95 not sure if that included the breakfast though.

All three hotels are just off the M5 junction 2 and only about 10 mins away from the venue.

Sharon

Holiday Inn Express doesn't sound bad, check it out;

Pets Allowed

Complimentary Breakfast Dedicated Lounge (or 24 Hour Lounge) Coffee Maker Hairdryer A/C Public Areas

Hairdryer- just what i needed laugh.gif

Hi Sharon.

Think I've sussed your emoticon problem.

You just need to have a space between the last letter of the word and the emoticon :thumbsup:

Soz Joan only just getting round to catching up on here, not that I've been out or anything you understand (spent last night sulking). Anyway thanx think there all working again now :).

Sharon

Guest SoulRenaissance

==============================================================================

It is a stunning 45 Phil got off me but not as good as the 45 he let me have Al Wilson --The Snake if that dont get um up nowt will:D

Who's got "Breeze from the trees"? Thought it may be you Ian, if so can you lend it to Phil to play?

Unless someone else out there has got it to play?

Wonderful record.

Martyn

Who's got "Breeze from the trees"? Thought it may be you Ian, if so can you lend it to Phil to play?

Unless someone else out there has got it to play?

Wonderful record.

Martyn

No Phil got it off me several years ago and i know its unbelievable but he still has itohmy.gif

Source Advert