Troy Dodds - Try My Love - El Camino

Spook

Hi all,

I have been offered a Troy Dodds Demo and I have searched (mans look anyway) on Soul Source for any info about a repress.

I have looked in JM 5th Ed and the record is not in bold therefore no information about a repress.

However going on POPSIKE I found a belgium demo repress,

from the photo's the only difference I can see is, on the repress "Troy dodds' appears to be the

the same width as the record title "TRY MY LOVE' where on the original it is 'Troy Dodds" and fits under the Y & V.

There is also a repress Issue (yellow) this time the artists name is correct Troy Dodds but again it is the same width as the title TRY MY LOVE where the original fits

under the Y & V.

Any further info folks !!

Thanks

David :unsure:

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

i used to live about 20 miles outside san francisco a couple of years ago

i used to drive down El Camino now and again when i went into the city

i didnt realise untill a came back to the UK that troy dods was on the same El Camino that i used to drive down

i could have looked for the address and had a picture taken next to the sign whistling.gif

Social source share

when I was last over there, I took Liza on a right jaunt, looking for those Bloody Mountains! never did get there, funny how a 45 can lead you up the garden path!!

Mal

those mountains could have been mount tam where they recon Gary Fisher invented mountain biking

or they could have been montara mountain just outside half moon bay where i didnt invent mountain biking whistling.gif

Social source share

I have used up all my goes on popsike but there is repress demo on there. I'll try again tomorrow.

Many thanks for the scan Mark.

David

Hi Spook, you are correct with both the issue and promo being booted.

Both have artist name too big in relation to title as you stated.

Promo boot also has no capital D on surname(ie dodds instead of Dodds)

On the Issue boot the 'El Camino Records' around the label middle does not flow as smooth in it's curvature.

My promo has the DEMAC stamp as Joe mentions, wheras I think Demac BMI is printed as part of the label design on the issue...presumably they must have forgot to add the Demac text to the promo label and so stamped them on afterwards...should imagine all promos will have the stamp if this is the case.

Regards

Mace

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

The issue boots actually read DEMAC BNI (instead of BMI). How someone could make such a glaring mistake when trying to make something look authentic is laughable! laugh.gif

Some scans below.

ORIGINAL ISSUE:

post-1392-12529962488261_thumb.jpg

BOOTLEG ISSUE:

post-1392-1252996236675_thumb.jpg

ORIGINAL WHITE DEMO:

post-1392-12529962257596.jpg

BOOTLEG WHITE DEMO:

post-1392-12529962185509.jpg

Seeing as we are already on the case of Troy Dodds, is there a price & quantity difference between the demo & issue.

By the way I'm talking about the original :thumbup:

Steve J

Social source share

seeing them side by side its easy to tell but we havent always got that luxury. thank god for soul source eh. they never get the typeface right do they

dave

blimey, didnt even know it had been booted - is this a recent boot or has it been around for years?:ohmy:

Social source share

[Hi All,

Just to finish off why I started this thread.

I have been waiting for a label scan for a couple of days and below the email I have just received.

hello david

i have bad news the troy dodds is bootlegs ,im verry disapointed i have pay this 400£ ,my firends have look this records is proffesional seller is know original i have buy this one bastard seller in belgium

im verry sorry for this

best regards

All ways good to check, but no Troy Dodds :thumbsup:

Please look out for this 45 as a boot.

David

Social source share

• 8 months later...

Seeing as we are already on the case of Troy Dodds, is there a price & quantity difference between the demo & issue.

By the way I'm talking about the original :yes:

Steve J

Issue always was harder to track down but think someone found a few a couple of years or so ago. Traded my issue but still have a rather tatty demo I picked up v cheap; great great record IMHO

Social source share

Issue always was harder to track down but think someone found a few a couple of years or so ago. Traded my issue but still have a rather tatty demo I picked up v cheap; great great record IMHO

The issues turned up in the 'West Coast Find' that John Manship/Craig Moerer and a.n. other carved up between themselves.

There were enough issues in 'the find' to make it more common than the demo (I reckon your looking at a 25 count at least).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert