Wanted Mickey Lee Lane

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Played this at Stoke last night. Hadn't heard it for a while actually.

A

yeah was there, it sounded great loud heard young ben play it at crewe

think des parker has started playin it, hope you had a good night a t b

Social source share

As a fresh faced 'little bruv' to a 60's scooter fanatic & soul music follower (known as 'Ada'..) Mickey Lee Lane, on Itzy, was a disc I used to regularly favour from his little box of 'Soul Music' vinyl thingie 45's (but not as I knew 'Soul' - from the ages of 10 to 12, which I was at the time - His was 'strange', but very appealing) that he kept in (what was originally) a wooden Soft Drinks Bottle holder.

I got used to his Friday routine.. If he hadn't returned to the house within 30 minutes of leaving (forgotten something..) I knew he wouldn't be back before sunday lunch-time so would go & drag his 'record box' from under his bed and play them in our front room.

'The Ladies Choice' was another fave spin for me at that time, too, but - oddly enough - my 'overall' fave in his box was a Soul Brothers Six ditty on Atlantic 'Some Kind of Wonderful' !! Lo & behold, all them years later - the other side is a 'massive' tune.. 'I'll Be Loving You' !!

Oh, to be young again whistling.gif

Fingersshades.gif

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

As a fresh faced 'little bruv' to a 60's scooter fanatic & soul music follower (known as 'Ada'..) Mickey Lee Lane, on Itzy, was a disc I used to regularly favour from his little box of 'Soul Music' vinyl thingie 45's (but not as I knew 'Soul' - from the ages of 10 to 12, which I was at the time - His was 'strange', but very appealing) that he kept in (what was originally) a wooden Soft Drinks Bottle holder.

I got used to his Friday routine.. If he hadn't returned to the house within 30 minutes of leaving (forgotten something..) I knew he wouldn't be back before sunday lunch-time so would go & drag his 'record box' from under his bed and play them in our front room.

'The Ladies Choice' was another fave spin for me at that time, too, but - oddly enough - my 'overall' fave in his box was a Soul Brothers Six ditty on Atlantic 'Some Kind of Wonderful' !! Lo & behold, all them years later - the other side is a 'massive' tune.. 'I'll Be Loving You' !!

Fingersshades.gif

nice story it didnt bore me fingerswhistling.gif does than mean you aint got one for meglare.gif

Social source share

yeah was there, it sounded great loud heard young ben play it at crewe

think des parker has started playin it,

The version Des is playing is a real oddity (to me anyway) - it's not MLL but it IS on Swan - at first listen it sounds the same but I seem to recall hearing a couple of phrasing differences. I won't name the artist just in case, sure Des will!

Social source share

Fingersshades.gif

so are the other 11 they made.got them aswell, mr fingers....wink.gif show ya 1 day
Social source share

The version Des is playing is a real oddity (to me anyway) - it's not MLL but it IS on Swan - at first listen it sounds the same but I seem to recall hearing a couple of phrasing differences. I won't name the artist just in case, sure Des will!

well ive got a copy on m c a and its not MLL either whistling.gif

Social source share

I have it on Swan but Ace Cannon on the label scrubbed out and MLL writen by hand.

Social source share

Yes1 This Itzy release is legit.

It might be legit, but it's not the first label.

SWAN is the original label for those Showmen, Mickey Lee Lane and Sapphires tracks that appeared on ITZY as well.

ITZY was, and still is, an "oldies" record label that release(d) 45s, LPs and CDs with tunes that were popular in the Pittsburgh, PA area.

Check this out for more info:

https://www.4ddai.com/itzy/home.html

https://www.4ddai.com/itzy/

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

It might be legit, but it's not the first label.

SWAN is the original label for those Showmen, Mickey Lee Lane and Sapphires tracks that appeared on ITZY as well.

ITZY was, and still is, an "oldies" record label that release(d) 45s, LPs and CDs with tunes that were popular in the Pittsburgh, PA area.

Check this out for more info:

https://www.4ddai.com/itzy/home.html

https://www.4ddai.com/itzy/

THOUGHT SO ALL ALONG THANKS A T B

Social source share

Source Advert