2010-06-25: Bridlington Spa Northern Weekender #4

Whilst the Hipster room is running FRi SAT and the sunday dayer. instead of it being shut saturday afters we have decided to open it up for a Motown session

regards

Rob

Yes Rob will have the confirmation for you regarding the dedicated Motown DJs we discussed on this the other day.(also see earlier comments on this thread)

To recap-the Hipster Lounge will be 100% Hitsville sounds on a Saturday afternoon over a 4 hours session-we are also running the Bring a box Record Fair / swap meet-in aid of Bluebell Wood- on the balcony area during the Saturday afternoon-which is just outside the doors of this room.

And all this for £20 !!! We must be mad !laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

ECSCSC

• Replies 558
  • Views 48.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I thought you missus was doing that !!

Stan, you need to order tickets via our web site to pay by PayPal mate or Credit Card at the Spa box office (no Fee)

Rob

I will see both your hands , and raise you a dicky ticker and no alcohol / being sober for three years :) ......

Malc Burton

Yes Rob will have the confirmation for you regarding the dedicated Motown DJs we discussed on this the other day.(also see earlier comments on this thread)

To recap-the Hipster Lounge will be 100% Hitsville sounds on a Saturday afternoon over a 4 hours session-we are also running the Bring a box Record Fair / swap meet-in aid of Bluebell Wood- on the balcony area during the Saturday afternoon-which is just outside the doors of this room.

And all this for £20 !!! We must be mad !laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

ECSCSC

Bring it on Motown and then some

great stuff

JUST GOT BACK INTOTHE COUNTRY FOR A WEEK AND WANT TOGET TICKETS AND ACCOMMODATION SORTED.

ANY CHANCE OF CONFIRMATION OF DJ'S IN THE R AND B ROOM??

IT'S WHAT'S GONNA SWING IT FOR ME ONE WAY OR THE OTHER

CHEERS, JIMMY

JUST GOT BACK INTOTHE COUNTRY FOR A WEEK AND WANT TOGET TICKETS AND ACCOMMODATION SORTED.

ANY CHANCE OF CONFIRMATION OF DJ'S IN THE R AND B ROOM??

IT'S WHAT'S GONNA SWING IT FOR ME ONE WAY OR THE OTHER

CHEERS, JIMMY

Hipster Lounge is where the RnB is played Jimmy

as per Wicksy's post

Eddie Wainright, Gav Needham,Duksey,John Moffat,Joe Lakin,

Dougie Hall,Pat Brady,John Parker

Plus there are additional names to come (pos another 3)

Rob

Serious rush on tickets over this weekend with most sellers reporting huge demand !

Looks like a trip to Bridlington for us to pick up the LAST batch of tickets

Inthe region of 1,700 now confirmed as SOLD (pos more!!) with box offfice just opening up full time for the season

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you have booked accom and not picked up your weekender tickets yet GET IT DONE ASAP

Demand is very high-still Tickets available--but SELLING LIKE HOT CAKES-NO BULLS**T -THANK YOU thumbsup.gif

Rob & Karen

for ECSCSC

Been checking around

will be re-stocking Rob Smith this week, he has them at his shop in Notts

MORT will have tickets again by Thursday

Bridget has 4 left

Night Nurse will have tickets at East Kirkby anniversary on nFriday

Deb cooper has 4 left in Donny

Contact Barry Cooper at Pilsley before the weekend to pick up via Chris Shaw

Pete Payne from Bentinck has tickets

Pete Taylor has tickets at North Wings

Richard Cryer has tickets at Drax

BUT DUE TO DEMAND WE CAN NOT RESERVE TICKETS FOR ANYONE PLEASE BRING YOUR CASH TO THE SELLERS 1ST COME FIRST SERVED !!

We will be "capping" numbers at the event as WE WILL NOT OVER-SELL THIS EVENT- everyone likes to be comfortable inside so don't expect to buy tickets the week before, because as soon as the allocated tickets are sold THAT IS IT !!

Other sellers please shout up

ta rob & Karen

for ECSCSC

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

Will be at the Soul Purpose modern night in Hinkley on Friday. The Nuneaton Co-Op oldies night on Saturday & on Mick Farrer's London Soul boat cruise on the Thames on Sunday so if you want tickets shout up.

Apart from that little lot I'm not really doing that much this weekendlaugh.gif

Will be at the Soul Purpose modern night in Hinkley on Friday. The Nuneaton Co-Op oldies night on Saturday & on Mick Farrer's London Soul boat cruise on the Thames on Sunday so if you want tickets shout up.

Apart from that little lot I'm not really doing that much this weekendlaugh.gif

Had 2 reports over the weekend of you "Missing" from Yorkshire Martinph34r.gif They were talking about a "Search party"

People were asking if we had seen you--I said you were returning to your LONDON ROOTS, eating Jellied Eel's, talking in Cockney Slang and wearing a 'titferhatsoff2.gifnext thing I see is your going down the Thames on a boatlaugh.gif -some advice-GET SOMETHING TO EAT BEFORE YOU GET ON THE BOAT--the pubs good at Blackfriar's Bridge where they all meet!

see you soon

Rob & Karen

Had 2 reports over the weekend of you "Missing" from Yorkshire Martinph34r.gif They were talking about a "Search party"

People were asking if we had seen you--I said you were returning to your LONDON ROOTS, eating Jellied Eel's, talking in Cockney Slang and wearing a 'titferhatsoff2.gifnext thing I see is your going down the Thames on a boatlaugh.gif -some advice-GET SOMETHING TO EAT BEFORE YOU GET ON THE BOAT--the pubs good at Blackfriar's Bridge where they all meet!

see you soon

Rob & Karen

laugh.gif

Might call in at the Blackfriars rub a dub dub before we climb the gangplank. Only problem is have you seen the price of a pint in London? Bet I don't spill a dropbiggrin.gif

Getting Shelley to make some sarnies for dinner (see there's still some Yorkie blood running through my veins)

As for leaving Yorkshire you know why & when but still here for now & also got the Yorkshire weekender to do (had to get back on topic somehow!)hatsoff2.gif

laugh.gif

Might call in at the Blackfriars rub a dub dub before we climb the gangplank. Only problem is have you seen the price of a pint in London? Bet I don't spill a dropbiggrin.gif

DRIPPING ?-oopps wrong lineph34r.gif

Getting Shelley to make some sarnies for dinner (see there's still some Yorkie blood running through my veins)

DRIPPING? Show them southern softies how its done!!laugh.gif

hatsoff2.gifI'll get me tea (Broken knee)

Rob

PM Martin to pick tickets up from him

Guest robyork

Got my tickets but fed up of spending hours looking for accommodation, looks like Brid is fully booked up!! The link above seemed to have found me a room but the hotel wanted people to spend a week there!! Anyone got any accomm info otherwise I'm doing a Quadrophenia and kipping under the pier!!

Got my tickets but fed up of spending hours looking for accommodation, looks like Brid is fully booked up!! The link above seemed to have found me a room but the hotel wanted people to spend a week there!! Anyone got any accomm info otherwise I'm doing a Quadrophenia and kipping under the pier!!

Look in the north bay im 100% certain you could turn up on the fri and find a room a lot did last year. but im going up this Fri will get the latest brochure and get you some numbers

rob

try this too

https://www.iknow-yor...l_specialities/

a few more listings on www.bridsoul.com

Edited by Naughty Boy

Tickets at Sweetsoul this week

PM if you want any

Dave Rastrick on

as this weeks guest

Dougs been re-stocked, It seems like the South shore is pretty full at the moment-Unless you are actually up there in person and can walk around the place for vacancies you would be better trying North Shore accommodation which is still within 10 minuets walk of The Spa or a couple of Mins in a Taxi.

Remember we had 2,000 in town last year-Most had first choice on re-booking their digs as they left (as we did)

I am still bumping into people with Accommodation and no event tickets-=-GET THEM PURCHASED-looks like we are now on the count down to SELLING OUT-we estimate in the region of ONLY 500 tickets will now be available after all commitments are filled by the weekend (or less).

AS BEFORE WE WILL NOT "OVER SELL THIS EVENT" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Get your tickets bought !!!

Rob

for ECSCSC

GOOD NIGHT AT THE SWAN IN WORKSOP LAST NIGHT

I will be at North Wingfield tonight with tickets, flyers and the last few copies of the old programme from last year.

Anyone who wants me to bring extra tickets along please shout up as I only have 18 tickets with me at the moment.

Wicksy had to do the emergency dash to Bridlington yesterday so we could re-stock our selves!thumbsup.gif

******LAST FEW ADVERTISING SPACES REMAINING IN THIS YEARS BRID PROGRAMME AS WELL*****

If you would like to advertise your Event, Club, Merchandise, Records to reach over 2,300 people directly in their hands IN FULL COLOUR ads

please get in touch -prices start at just £90 !!

As with the tickets **FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED**

Remember its still only £20 for the WHOLE weekender --No PICK N MIX, No Saturday Night Specials, No Handbagger's just a dedicated SOUL crowd out for a great SUMMER weekend With 5 separate venues under one roof !!

PM me to pick stuff up tonight

Rob

Will be at the Skegness weekender this Friday & Saturday with tickets for sale but be quick as I'm down to my last 8 & know there ain't many left.

Will be hanging round in the downstairs room most of the time if you need to find me but don't leave it too late or you'll run the risk of missing out on one of the highlights of the summer.

Will be at the Skegness weekender this Friday & Saturday with tickets for sale but be quick as I'm down to my last 8 & know there ain't many left.

Will be hanging round in the downstairs room most of the time if you need to find me but don't leave it too late or you'll run the risk of missing out on one of the highlights of the summer.

for those who don't know Martin-Cunnie--he's the Spiv in the hatsoff2.gifanyone want tickets Gov'nerlaugh.gif

Just been down to Rob Smiths shop and he now has Brid tickets for sale again-also dropped a few of last years programmes in there for him to pass out as well ! he'll have lost them by the weekend no doubt !

Rob

Rob

now dont pick on Young Rob

just a note will have some with me at the Grosvenor rooms Sat Night

and at weekender Sunday

try this

link , vacancies available

https://www.realyorks...edms.aspx?dms=1

or this 25 Prince Street, Bridlington, North Humberside YO15 2NP01262 673474

Edited by Naughty Boy

dont forget Mort too:hatsoff2:

:hatsoff2:Thought that was Mart not Mort--Rob-but Mort is making another comeback this time playing Motown !! be good to see him behind The Wheels of Steel again !

Ticket sellers-we'll be having a round up of tickets remaining again for the end of April, leading in to the May day bank holidaythumbsup.gif

Rob & Karen

for ECSCSC

Guest hurryup

Good news for anyone who hasn't booked their accomodation yet.

I spoke to the Bay View Hotel around tea-time today. They have 3 or 4 double/twin rooms available at £45 p.p.p.n. - just a stone throw from the Spa.

Better still and even nearer - Yorkies Guest House - directly opposite the Spa (literally a cock-stride away) have 4 or 5 double/twin rooms at £24.50 p.p.p.n. (even cheaper if it's a rear facing room).

Save us a couple of tickets please Rob :D

I spoke to the Bay View Hotel around tea-time today. They have 3 or 4 double/twin rooms available at £45 p.p.p.n. - just a stone throw from the Spa.

Better still and even nearer - Yorkies Guest House - directly opposite the Spa (literally a cock-stride away) have 4 or 5 double/twin rooms at £24.50 p.p.p.n. (even cheaper if it's a rear facing room).

Had someone ask for a cheap B&B for a single room near the Spa--anybody know anywhere or in your B&Bs with spare room ?

Last weekend before BIG ticket round up again sellers-for the end of the month-we now estimate there are in the region of just 400 tickets available to sell

Still getting phone calls from people with accommodation booked and no tickets for the event-(We sold 6 this week !)

Our ticket sellers have instructions to sell to the people with the money and not to "hold" tickets for ANYONE.

Its 9 weeks to the event-last year we sold 700 tickets in the last 10 weeks-if you look at that rate there are going to be a lot of disappointed people.

If you want to come PLEASE GET YOUR TICKETS PURCHASED-and again IF YOU CAME LAST YEAR AND BOOKED YOUR ACCOMMODATION IN ADVANCE-PLEASE GET YOUR TICKETS PURCHASED--WE WILL NOT OVERSELL THIS EVENT!

The feedback for this years event is incrediblethumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

THIS EVENT IS ONLY SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE OF THE GREAT SOUL CROWD THAT ATTENDS-WE PROVIDE THE VENUE AND THE DJs-

YOU PROVIDE THE ATMOSPHERE AND THE *CRAIC !

*Craic or crack is a term for fun, entertainment, and enjoyable conversation, particularly prominent in Ireland.[1][2] It is often used with the definite article - the craic.[1] The word has an unusual history; the form craic was borrowed into Irish from the English crack in the mid-20th century, and the Irish spelling was then reborrowed into English.[1] Under either spelling, the crack/craic has great cultural currency and significance in Ireland.[3]

see you there:yes:

R&K

FOR

ECSCSC

At the Clarendon in Hinckley tonight with tickets for sale & won't be at the next one in May so if you're in that area & ain't got your tickets yet tonights your LAST chance to pick them up personally from me.

After tonight it's gotta be via the website or from somebody else & there ain't many left so don't leave it too late & miss out.

Guest hurryup

I have a single room booked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights that I no longer need. £40 per night b & b.

Anyone interested, pm me :D

Due to a massive rush on ticket sales during the last 5 days--we have been contacted by Bridlington Spa Box Office to say they SOLD OUT of their allocation of Weekender tickets this weekend.

WE WILL BE RESTOCKING THE CREDIT CARD HOTLINE WITH JUST 50 TICKETS IN THE MORNING.

We have been contacting ticket agents today to find out how many are still in their hands

so NOT VERY MANY by the look of things !

We have also added the final tickets to our website ordering service via paypal at www.bridsoul.com

We shall be re-calling in unsold / unpaid for tickets from agents very soon to meet demand from the on-line ordering services!

When all agents have checked back in we will publish the list on soul-source

Any agents reading this can you let us have your ticket remaining details ASAP pleasethumbsup.gif

Remember we are now matching people to remaining tickets-Brid Box Office now restocked with 50 tickets--first come first served !!!!

R & K for ECSCSC

thanks for info got our rooms booked now, roll on june!!

Doug Hall has tickets at Sweet Soul

Plan so far is this-we expect most ticket sellers to be sold out before end of May-we shall be calling in all unsold tickets after the Bank Holiday and remaining tickets-if any-- will only be available via our website-and the Spa Box Office.

If you have asked sellers to hold tickets for you PLEASE SORT IT OUT NOW we have issued instructions to sellers to start selling off all tickets on a cash in hand basis we estimate there are only between 60-70 tickets "floating" at the momentohmy.gif

IF YOU WANT TO COME __GET IT SORTED__WE ARE GETTING NEAR TO CAPACITY__WE DO NOT "OVER SELL" THE VENUE-JUST 8 WEEKS TO GO!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

ECSCSC

PS Plenty of B&Bs available-do a reverse search-and start ringing up from the bottom of the list you get from Google

its like this most people re-booked their hotels close to the Spa when leaving last year-so you are very unlikely to book a room on the doorstep of the Spa at very short notice-we have at least 1950 people with tickets PLUS DJs Organisers and guests staying as well.! Brid has nearly 6,000 beds available ! get looking thumbsup.gif

Still collating the weekender magazine, If your writing a feature please start getting it together as time is marching on and the deadline will be with us before you know it !

Thanks to Mr Burton and Mr Wicks for being on top of you game this year- both almost tied up for the printers thumbsup.gif

We still have a couple of slots for advertisers , PM me for details and rates although the last call out brought a healthy response-so if you have a club, event, selling records/ merchandise etc and want to hit 2,000+ people directly please get in touch!

TICKET ROUND UP-WE NOW KNOW THERE ARE LESS THAN 200 TICKETS LEFT FOR THIS EVENTohmy.gif THEY ARE SELLING OUT FAST-DRIBS AND DRABS IN SELLERS HANDS AS POSTED AROUND HERE IF YOU WANT TO PAY IN CASH-OR VIA THE WEBSITE-www.bridsoul.com OR from the Spa Box office for Credit Card purchases.

OUR SELLERS ARE NOW INSTRUCTED TO TAKE CASH FROM ANYONE WANTING TICKETS -NO SAVING OF TICKETS FOR ANYONE AS AT THIS LATE STAGE IF YOU ARE COMING YOU'VE HAD 10 MONTHS TO SORT IT OUT !!

THIS EVENT IS GOING TO SELL OUT VERY SOON-YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !

ALSO due to numbers attending this year we shall be no longer able to sell "spare tickets" on your behalf Karen did a great job last year when your mates didn't turn up -however this year we will not be doing it due to extra work we have elsewhere during the weekender!

So if Joe and Fred cant make it, then its up to them to pay for their tickets and up to them to sell them on if they can not attend!thumbsup.gif Due to spiralling admin costs ALL TICKET SALES ARE NOW FINAL!

THIS YEARS EVENT WILL BE THE BIGGEST YET ! EVERYONE'S COMING TONS OF STUFF GOING TO BE HAPPENING AS WELL TO MAKE IT EXTRA SPECIALthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif ALL EVENT ROOMS -5- ARE IN DEDICATED SOUND PROOF ROOMS NO NOISE "LEAKAGE" TO SPOIL YOUR ENJOYMENTthumbsup.gif

So to recap

Get Your tickets

Get Ads in to us

Get Articles finished

Get Ready for the get down-less than 8 weeks to go !!

R & K for ECSCSC

Guest BintofSoul

Just got my tickets! BintofSoul sister's and JB are really looking forward to this fantastic weekender. We can't waitthumbsup.gif .

Source Advert