Charity Northern Soul Night. Metrodome Barnsley . Saturday 27Th February 2010.( Help Wanted)

Guest proudlove

Just booked the Hotel...........got my Lancashire/ Cheshire to Yorkshire translation guide..........24 hour passport.................looking forward to this this one...............

Steve and Carole

PS ANYONE WANTING ANY PROPER BLACK PUDDING LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GO TO THE BURY PROPER BLACK PUDDING STALL....................

• Replies 206
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest proudlove

Just booked the Hotel...........got my Lancashire/ Cheshire to Yorkshire translation guide..........24 hour passport.................looking forward to this this one...............

Steve and Carole

PS ANYONE WANTING ANY PROPER BLACK PUDDING LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GO TO THE BURY PROPER BLACK PUDDING STALL....................

Steve and Carole

just had a look at Steve and Caroles' Translation Book so I know where to put me Thees and Thars.

Googled Map of Yorkshire and got a pic of the Sistene Chappel cieling with directions: "Take t'A1 North until thar get t' God's Own Country (though I'm not too sure why two half naked blokes are trying to hold hands!!!!)

Got a bad weather protective sheet for Barney in case it rains (I'd hate him to get his nice green Parker wet on that little scooter-thingy of his!).

Got some woollie long-johns for yocky (if he drops his kecks in this weather we don't want to see an iced and shrivelled little button-mushroom pointing all over God's Own Country.)

All I need now is some of that Bury Black Pudding from Steve and Carole so I can compare it to the Barnsley Beauty Joy and Yocky got me at Butlins!!!!. (anyone coming from Scotland, I do like a bit of Haggis as well, in fact all offell accepted except for Tripe!!!!).

Okay, point me North and I'm on me way ;-)

The Solicitors of Soul,,,,

Magners & Budhatsoff2.gif

Look forward to our Set at this Fantastic Charity Nite! thumbsup.gif

Wont be long now,,,,,,,

:yes:Quality,

Don't forget Nige, shout up if you wanna borrow some 45's :lol::yes: As if :(

Monday off work sorted, reckon this will be one of those nights that will require extended recovery, :lol:in fact I know it will,

Magners and Bud will be heading over the hill in plenty time for an early start good.gif

Guest proudlove

just had a look at Steve and Caroles' Translation Book so I know where to put me Thees and Thars.

Googled Map of Yorkshire and got a pic of the Sistene Chappel cieling with directions: "Take t'A1 North until thar get t' God's Own Country (though I'm not too sure why two half naked blokes are trying to hold hands!!!!)

Got a bad weather protective sheet for Barney in case it rains (I'd hate him to get his nice green Parker wet on that little scooter-thingy of his!).

Got some woollie long-johns for yocky (if he drops his kecks in this weather we don't want to see an iced and shrivelled little button-mushroom pointing all over God's Own Country.)

All I need now is some of that Bury Black Pudding from Steve and Carole so I can compare it to the Barnsley Beauty Joy and Yocky got me at Butlins!!!!. (anyone coming from Scotland, I do like a bit of Haggis as well, in fact all offell accepted except for Tripe!!!!).

Okay, point me North and I'm on me way ;-)

I'M going on Bury Market on Saturday now and will bring some up with me.........................look for the man in the suit with the Bury Market bag......................All Black Puddings for sale ........proceeds to the nights charity.

Steve

Edited by proudlove

I'M going on Bury Market on Saturday now and will bring some up with me.........................look for the man in the suit with the Bury Market bag......................All Black Puddings for sale ........proceeds to the nights charity.

Steve

put me down for a fiver's worth (what ever that is in northern peoples' money?) ;-)

put me down for a fiver's worth (what ever that is in northern peoples' money?) ;-)

its in groats up there mick,,,,wonder what the exchange rate is,,,anyone know,,elnel must :lol: he,s multinational

its in groats up there mick,,,,wonder what the exchange rate is,,,anyone know,,elnel must :lol: he,s multinational

I am known to buy records at soul nights , but this Saturday will be the first time I have exchanged money in a deal with Steve ( Proudlove ) for pork and black pudding sausages ......

That is it : it is all downhill from now on ....... before I know it , I will be scoring eccles cakes :lol:

Malc Burton

I am known to buy records at soul nights , but this Saturday will be the first time I have exchanged money in a deal with Steve ( Proudlove ) for pork and black pudding sausages ......

That is it : it is all downhill from now on ....... before I know it , I will be scoring eccles cakes :lol:

Malc Burton

is Pete bringing some cakes as well? Picnic time in Barnsley!!!! (best leave me magic chewing gum at home then!!) :thumbsup:

Guest BrandySistaShirl

yocky.jpg

is yocky after the mayors bling whistling

well it is a charity nite...you would think he would have donated it!!!

maybe coops can trade for some of that magic chewing gum!

see you all saturday.thumbsup.gif

its in groats up there mick,,,,wonder what the exchange rate is,,,anyone know,,elnel must :) he,s multinational

Weve moved on now groats are our old currency we now pay our bills with chicken teeth thumbup.gif

Eyup night nurse I didnt think there were any virgins left in Notts , this sounds like a job for me and yocki . see ya sat night luv xx

how dare you slag us of my good man im a virgin i have never been more insulted in the whole of the last hour lol you just keep you keks on mate lol cant wait for this one see you soon hatsoff2.gif

First the bad news Yocky, Down at Shelleys this weekend in Nuneaton.

Now the good news, We've both blagged a lift up with Sam & Andy.

You didn't really think we were going to miss one of the years biggest events in South Yorks did you?

See you in't chill out roomthumbsup.gifhatsoff2.gif

Mr Dixon will be nice to see you again BTW leave the hat at home :hatsoff2:

The Solicitors of Soul,,,,

Magners & Budhatsoff2.gif

Look forward to our Set at this Fantastic Charity Nite! thumbsup.gif

Wont be long now,,,,,,,

Pete, nice piccy of you n nige...your not pissed on this picture are you?????.dont forget to come in and see us in the chill oot

(OOps look likes picture didnt follow from post)

Geeooooooordie

Edited by geordiejohnson

Mr Dixon will be nice to see you again BTW leave the hat at home :thumbup:

Pete, nice piccy of you n nige...your not pissed on this picture are you?????.dont forget to come in and see us in the chill oot

(OOps look likes picture didnt follow from post)

Geeooooooordie

Geordie, what gives you that impression? :hatsoff2:

Yea will be paying you and Mark a visit at some point, tell Mark to bring plenty ciggies :thumbup:

laugh.gif

If you want the hat to go you best tell Shelley cos I ain't.

Besides I might need it to cover Yocky's errr modestywhistling.gif

See you Saturday fellagood.gifhatsoff2.gif

It will be good to see you back " oop north " Marra .

See you on Saturday .

Malc Burton

Weve moved on now groats are our old currency we now pay our bills with chicken teeth thumbup.gif

I,ll neck a few chickens then nel, how many do i need for a few flagons of mead m8 :(

some of you already know I will not be there saturday due to the fact that I am imprisoned in the arctic circle , but dont worry the free barney, bring him home , he,s dun nowt campaign is well under way ,

anyroadsart will be there in spirit and represented by senior management (bless her)

so hope you all have a jolly good time and put your hands in your pockets for these worthy causes and in the words of captain oates

I am going out , I may be some time

cheers bhatsoff2.gif

Guest Brett F

well i'm game for the 'Chill Out' room, a strong line up, so i think me and my small team will be camped here all evening, plus not far to go, never been to this venue before, makes a change to go local, instead of outside of the Yorkshire boundary.

well i'm game for the 'Chill Out' room, a strong line up, so i think me and my small team will be camped here all evening, plus not far to go, never been to this venue before, makes a change to go local, instead of outside of the Yorkshire boundary.

It is a long walk from the COR to the bar , and there can be a queue when you get there Brett ...... so ask them for several pints and a tray when they serve you , so you can " stock up " and save the walk biggrin.gif

Malc Burton

Slight Change of line up in the 'Chill Out Zone'

Unfortunately Tats cant make it due to family circumstances but Kev Briscoe has aggreed to step in at short notice to cover for him, cheers Kevthumbsup.gif

We planned the guests in pairs so 'double decking' is the order of the day

So Line up for the night reads as follows

Early Doors Mark 'n' Geordie

9.30 - 10.30 Sam Evans 'n' Andy Basket

10.30 - 11.30 Russ Steele 'n' Mick 'Coops' Cooper

11.30 - 12.30 Sean Hampsey 'n' Kev Briscoe

12.30 - 01.30 Dave 'n' Bri Pinches

Last half hour Mark 'n' Geordie

Tats will be back later on in the year:thumbup:

See ya all Saturday

M.:smile:

Slight Change of line up in the 'Chill Out Zone'

Unfortunately Tats cant make it due to family circumstances but Kev Briscoe has aggreed to step in at short notice to cover for him, cheers Kevthumbsup.gif

We planned the guests in pairs so 'double decking' is the order of the day

So Line up for the night reads as follows

Tats will be back later on in the yearthumbup.gif

See ya all Saturday

M.smile.gif

A first rate substitute :thumbsup:

In respect of the COR line up on / for Saturday , it is the best set of double acts since the amsterdam flesh Fair of 1998 , which featured Margritta Ouverstrum and Chico the donkey ....

Malc Burton

DJ LINE UP AND TIMES

Arena 1.

Northern Soul and Motow

7.00 – 8.30 Elnel and Al

8.30 – 9.30 Ian Gee

9.30 – 10.30 Barry Holland and Doug Leek

10.30 – 11.30 Richard Cryer and Smudge Smith

11.30 – 12.30 Nige Brown and Pete Eccles

12.30 – 1.30 John Poole and Dave Raistrick

1.30 – 2.00 Elnel and Alex

Chillout Room

RnB Room

Joe Dutton

Hoss

Roger Banks

Keb Drage

Graham ' Rabbi' Wright

Rigby Suite

7.00 – 8.00 Yocky

8.00 – 9.30 John Simms

9.30 – 10.30 Johnny Wood

10.30 – 11.30 Paul Winton

11.30 – 12.30 Derek Greenhoff

12.30 – 2.00 Steve White, Sam Evans, and Yocky

Edited by soulcrew

DJ LINE UP AND TIMES

Arena 1.

Northern Soul and Motow

7.00 – 8.30 Elnel and Al

8.30 – 9.30 Ian Gee

9.30 – 10.30 Barry Holland and Doug Leek

10.30 – 11.30 Nige Brown and Pete Eccles

11.30 – 12.30 Richard Cryer and Smudge Smith

12.30 – 1.30 John Poole and Dave Raistrick

1.30 – 2.00 Elnel and Alex

Chillout Room

RnB Room

Joe Dutton

Hoss

Roger Banks

Kev Darge

Graham ' Rabbi' Wright

Rigby Suite

7.00 – 8.00 Yocky

8.00 – 9.30 John Simms

9.30 – 10.30 Johnny Wood

10.30 – 11.30 Paul Winton

11.30 – 12.30 Derek Greenhoff

12.30 – 2.00 Steve White, Sam Evans, and Yocky

Is it Keb Darge or Kev Drage who is on in the R&B room Yocky ?

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton

Sorry Malc I have put it right now. Jx

Thank the lord for that Joy - I thought I would have my work cut out trying to understand what the Scots git said to me :lol:

See you tomorrow .

Malc Burton

Guest proudlove

11.30 - 12.30 Nige Brown and Pete Eccles

In case anyone doesnt recognise us as we aint from Yorkshire,,,,,,,,no.gif

Me and Mr Eccleswhistling.gif

Thought Pete wore glasses?

Just got back from the Metrodome and set up 2 rooms (almost) will be back tomoz to do the rest. There will be pie and peas, jacket potatoe, hot dogs and hamburgers on sale just outside the main door if anyone is feeling alittle peckish. He will be there while late.

See you all tomoz need some sleep as I have been working on everything all day today.

Jx

Just got back from the Metrodome and set up 2 rooms (almost) will be back tomoz to do the rest. There will be pie and peas, jacket potatoe, hot dogs and hamburgers on sale just outside the main door if anyone is feeling alittle peckish. He will be there while late.

See you all tomoz need some sleep as I have been working on everything all day today.

Jx

wot! no black pudding & salad cream? :thumbsup:

Everything in place now for a fantastic night so get your selves to the the metrodome for one of those nights thats gonna stay in your memory forever xxx

Well the day as finally arrived and the nerves as started to show a bit am sure joy will strangle me before the days out but all in a good cause now off to put the final touches to the set up at the dome everything comming in place some unbelievable raffle prizes inc tickets for every weekender in the country and loads more all we need now is you lovelly soulies to come and have a great time see you all tonight the yockmiester.

Well the day as finally arrived and the nerves as started to show a bit am sure joy will strangle me before the days out but all in a good cause now off to put the final touches to the set up at the dome everything comming in place some unbelievable raffle prizes inc tickets for every weekender in the country and loads more all we need now is you lovelly soulies to come and have a great time see you all tonight the yockmiester.

The North Wings gang will be paying a visit tonight Yocky thumbsup.gif

See you later

Steve B

Looking forward to it Yocky....thumbsup.gif

Off to visit Linda 3pm - 8pm, then I'll set off "South" to the Metrodome. See you all about 9.30pm (ish).

KTF............... Bridgey....thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

just back from putting the finishing touches to the metrodome , all 4 rooms sorted and looking good for a fantastic night , the nerves ave kicked in now in fact ime as nervous as a cornered virgin , but realy looking forward to a great night and counting the minutes down to kick of at 7 bells ,see ya all tonight for great music great company and fun and frivolity .:thumbup:

Yorkshire Air Ambulance and Sick Childrens Holiday Home, Charity Northern Soul Night.

Barnsley Metrodome S70 1AN

27th February 2010

7pm till 2am Tickets £4 each or Pay On The Door.

4 ROOMS:

ARENA 1

Northern Soul and Motown

DJ's

Mick H, Nige Brown, John Poole, Pete Eccles, Ian Gee, Smudge Smith, Barry Holland, Richard Cryer, Dougie Leek,

Resident DJ's Elnel and Alex

STUDIO 1

Chillout Room

DJ's

Andy Tats Taylor, Sean Hampsey, Sam Evans, Andy Basket, Russ Steel, Mick Cooper, Bri and Dave Pinches.

Resident DJ's Mark and Geordie

STUDIO 2

RnB Room

Hosted by:

Joe Dutton and The Back Beat Boys.

DJ's Hoss, Roger Banks, Kev Drage, and Graham "The Rabbi" Wright

ROOM 4 The Rigby Suite

Club Classic's

DJ's Derek Greenhoff, John Simms, Sam Evans, Paul Winton, Johnny Wood.

Hosted by Yocky and Steve White BBC Radio Sheffield.

As you are aware we can all be in need of Hospital treatment at some point. When time is of the essence Yorkshire Air Ambulance is the service which can get us there on the most direct route, and the quickest time. Unfortunately this service is supported by charitable funding, and we are sure this is a worthy cause to support.

The Sick Childrens Holiday Home is also a charity which helps sick children and their families have a much needed break. Yet again this is all supported by charitable donations.

This is why we have chosen these two worthy charities for our event. We would like to thank all of you that will support this event, we are sure you will have a fantastic night of entertainment. Barnsley Premier Leisure have kindly donated the whole use of the Metrodome for this event, all the DJ's have given all their time free,and John Simms has provided the sounds systems free too, we thank them all from the bottom of our hearts for making this event possible.

HELP PLEASE.

Any Soul Club or individuals who would like to help these 2 worthy causes in anyway will be gratefully recieved. We will be having a wall of fame, and all donations will be on The Soul Wall of Fame.

Please feel free to contact us by pm's.

Many thanks YOCKY & Jx.

Good luck tonight, Yocky. We hope all goes well and you raise loads of dosh.

It looks like we've done OK as well so it looks like a Charitable time in Yorkshire tonight............lol.

Steve B

YKSoul

Source Advert