• Replies 88
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

any idea of d.j times

not too early i hope

Oreet Keith......I will post DJ times up later, we do half hour spots at the Legion so everyone gets an earlyish one and a later one.

I always do the early spot and will probably be followed by Mr Brady------------the thinking mans Jimmy Saville............:thumbsup:

Looking forward to our first time here!!thumbup.gif

Super line up,,,look forward to throwing eggs at Messers Williams & Foster!!whistling.giflaugh.gif

Roll on Sat

Nige B

Always a pleasure to welcome "first timers" to the Legion!! :thumbsup:

Hope fully it will be the first of many visits------but don't throw eggs, Jacko will only eat them...........:thumbup:

See you both on Saturday! :D

Guest porky yorkie

Oreet Keith......I will post DJ times up later, we do half hour spots at the Legion so everyone gets an earlyish one and a later one.

I always do the early spot and will probably be followed by Mr Brady------------the thinking mans Jimmy Saville............biggrin.gif

And who is the thinkin' man? wicked.gif It's not the Christmas tree fairy by any chance!lamsey.gif

And who is the thinkin' man? wicked.gif It's not the Christmas tree fairy by any chance!lamsey.gif

I wasn't pissed that night, I was merely tired and emotional...................:wave:

Anyway................DJ times for Saturday 23rd January:

7.45-----8.30..........Tony Brookes

8.30-----9..........Keith Brady

9-----9.30..........Killa

9.30-----10..........Keith Williams

10-----10.30..........Tony Foster

10.30-----11..........Keith Brady

11-----11.30..........Killa

11.30-----12..........Keith Williams

12-----12.30..........Tony Foster

12.30-----1..........Tony Brookes

Hope these are ok with everyone, any problems just let me know.........................see you on Saturday!! :ohmy:

I wasn't pissed that night, I was merely tired and emotional...................:ph34r:

Hope these are ok with everyone, any problems just let me know.........................see you on Saturday!! thumbsup.gif

Something everyone here, don't miss it:thumbup:

I wasn't pissed that night, I was merely tired and emotional...................ph34r.gif

Hope these are ok with everyone, any problems just let me know.........................see you on Saturday!! thumbsup.gif

2 Tony's 2 Keith's And 1 killa whistling.gif

Looking forward to it

See you Saturday

Steve.

Should be a great mix of music Tony!

I'll be starting off at 7.45ish with some super soulful sounds and bringing the tempo up as people start arriving-----really looking forward to it now, roll on Saturday! thumbup.gif

Ah, bugger.

I/ve got to be treating the wife on Saturdayshhh.gif

Gutted to be missing one of my Favourite Nights.yes.gif

Have a Good Un, I'll see ya soon

ATB

Tony

Should be a great mix of music Tony!

I'll be starting off at 7.45ish with some super soulful sounds and bringing the tempo up as people start arriving-----really looking forward to it now, roll on Saturday! thumbup.gif

wonder if mine hosts from the guesthouse are coming on saturday? they loved it on new years eve

Guest bury masonic

See you both tomorrow: :thumbup:: :ohmy:

This is a venue not to missed!!!!

Looking forward to a proper nite of SOUL :)

Dereck & Sheila ( Bury Masonic)

Next nite 20th Feb 8 till 1

Edited by bury masonic

ame='IANCSLOFT' date='22 January 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1264169953' post='1244244']

And not much HAIR between that lot either Ian!! whistling.giflaugh.gif

Il get me comb !! hatsoff2.gif

March of the baldies..............................may stop off at "Wigs 'R Us" on the way to the Legion..............................anyone else want anything pickin' up while I'm there............?? :yes:

We will be making a trip up from Lincoln, Ian my partner is looking forward to his first visit thumbsup.gif

See you all Saturday :g:

Debbie x

Great stuff, it will be really nice to meet Ian and to see you again Debbie!

I'm sure the long journey will be worth it for you------so many great messages of support on this thread, we know its bound to be a special night!

See you on Saturday. :yes:

Edited by brookesy

Looking forward to coming down later on .

Any chance of having a taste of what might be played ot get the mouth watering .

Heres some of the playlists from November at the Legion-----its different every time depending on who we have DJing on the night but we're sure there will be something to tickle your fancy!! See you later. :thumbup:

POOKIE HUDSON- THIS GETS TO ME, JACK MONTGOMERY- DO YOU BELIEVE IT, OPALS- I'M SO AFRAID, VOLUMES- I GOT LOVE, MILTON FLOYD- I'M HUNGRY FOR LOVE, BARBARA JEAN & THE LYRICS- WHY WEREN'T YOU THERE, SHIRELLES- LOOK AWAY, INVITATIONS- WATCH OUT LITTLE GIRL, BARBARA CARR- SHAKE YOUR HEAD, VARIATIONS- I WANNA TAKE YOU UPTOWN, ORIGINALS- BABY HAVE MERCY ON ME, LARRY WILLIAMS- THIS OLD HEART, THE FOUR SIGHTS- LOVE IS A HURTING GAME, EDDIE CARLTON- MISERY, FALCONS- LOVE LOOK IN HER EYES. PART TWO; ROSE BATISTE- I MISS MY BABY, EMANUEL LASKEY- I'M A PEACE LOVING MAN, JACK MONTGOMERY- BABY TAKE A CHANCE ON ME, EUGENE JEFFERSON- A PRETTY GIRL DRESSED IN BROWN, 3 DEGREES- ARE YOU SATISFIED, DOROTHY BEERY- DON'T GIVE ME LOVE, BARBARA LYNN- I DON'T WANT A PLAYBOY, DANNY WHITE- NATURAL SOUL BROTHER, DRAKE AND THE ENSOLIDS- PLEASE LEAVE ME, JIMMY NORMAN- FAMILY TREE, SATISFACTIONS- TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, CHARADES- I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU, CHARLES MANN- IT'S ALL OVER.

Worlds funkiest band..........When you're alone

TSU Toronadoes..........What good am I?

Four Sonics..........If it wasn't for my baby

Majors..........Down in the ghetto

Jesse James..........If you want a love affair

Bobby Freeman..........Everythings love

Theresa Lindsey..........Its love

Showmen..........39--21--46

Al Greene & the Soul Mates..........Don't leave me

Joe Simon..........Come and get it

Jerry McCain..........Juicy Lucy

Sugar Pie DeSanto..........Go go power

Eddie Foster..........I'm grown

Tommy Navarro & the Sundialers..........Summertime

Underdogs..........Mo Jo Hanna

Diplomats..........Honest to goodness

Bernard Williams..........Its needless to say

Tommy Raye..........You don't love me

Little Jewel..........I want to (request)

Little Willie John..........I'm shakin'

James Brown & the Famous Flames..........Bring it up

Ruby Johnson..........Keep on keeping on

O. V. Wright..........Oh baby mine

Cookie Jackson..........Do you still love me (request)

Larry Atkins..........Ain't that love enough

Bobby Wommack..........Find me somebody

DONALD HEIGHT=THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE DAYS

MARGIE HENDRIX=DON,T DESTROY ME

LEE JENNINGS=GOING AND GET IT

RUTH DAVIS=I NEED MONEY

ALVIN CASH=FUNKY 69

KENNY GAMBLE=AIN,T IT BABY

ISLEY BROS=SEEK AND YOU WILL FIND LP REQUEST

SAM DEES=LONELY FOR YOU BABY LP VERSION

HERMON HITSON=YES YOU DID

FAB APPOLLOS=DETERMINATION

HOLLYWOOD FLAMES=DANCE SENORITA

SPARKELS=TRY LOVE REQUEST

DYNAMICS=I NEED YOUR LOVE

STEVE MANCHA=FRIDAY NIGHT REQUEST

GERRI TAYLOR=EMPTY ARMS AND BITTER TEARS

LORETTA KING=GOOD LOVE BAD LOVE

DELORISE BERRY=NO OTHER GIRL

KELLY BROS=CRYIN DAYS ARE OVER

DANNY WHITE=KEEP MY WOMAN HOME

SEPTEMBER JONES=I,M COMIN HOME REQUEST

Radiants- Ain't No Big Thing

Bobby Sansom - Don't Leave

Wilson Pickett - 99 1/2 (Won't Do)

Sonny Boy Williamson - Help Me

Millionaires - Rather Do It Myself

Eddie Holman - Be Mine for Heavens Sake

Betty Harris -Trouble With My Lover

Gloria Lynne - Tower Of Stength

San Franciscan GTOs - Make Up Your Mind

Cookin' On 3 Burners - This Girl

Syl Johnson - Dresses Too Short

Soulful Hounds - Why Did You Leave me Girl

Howard Tate - Baby I love You

Ballards - Can't See Your Love

Lowell Fulsom - Talkin' Woman

Irene and the Scotts - Stuck On My Baby

Drifters - If You Don't Some Back

John Williams and the Tick Tocks - A Little Tighter

Shirley & Jessie - Can't Fight Love

Bobby Powell & Jackie Johnson - Done Got Over

Symphonics - Guilty

Orlons - Don't You Want My Lovin'

Heres some of the playlists from November at the Legion-----its different every time depending on who we have DJing on the night but we're sure there will be something to tickle your fancy!! See you later. thumbsup.gif

Brilliant , thanks for this it gives me a good indication of what the poilicy is and yes it does tickle me very much , pretty much right up my street.

Look forward to it.

March of the baldies..............................may stop off at "Wigs 'R Us" on the way to the Legion..............................anyone else want anything pickin' up while I'm there............?? whistling.gif

Well Pete "grizzly bear" Neal has a few extra round his chinny chinny chin they can borrow shades.gif C u later

Well Pete "grizzly bear" Neal has a few extra round his chinny chinny chin they can borrow shades.gif C u later

Tell the scruffy git to have a shave before he comes to the Legion-----------its a very exclusive venue, dontcha know..................:thumbsup::thumbup:

Edited by brookesy

would have come M8 but w etold Biff we would go to the launch of Allford Hall tonight -TC see you soon

Yeah, shame they decided to start a new soul night a few miles up the road from our established venue-----we would have probably supported them had it been on a different night but never mind.............suppose some people just never learned to read properly............:thumbsup::thumbup:

Guest porky yorkie

Yeah, shame they decided to start a new soul night a few miles up the road from our established venue-----we would have probably supported them had it been on a different night but never mind.............suppose some people just never learned to read properly............ph34r.giflaugh.gif

I couldn't have put it better myself, mr B. I remember that used to happen a lot when we run our old venue.

Pete Neal

Source Advert