2010-07-02: Whitby Soul Weekender 2010

• Replies 197
  • Views 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

DJ line-up. Unrivalled East Coast Weekender team. 

Soul Sam- Ginger Taylor- Kev Roberts-Colin Curtis- Sean Chapman--Dave Evison--Eddy Edmundson -Mick H -Snowy- Nige Brown-John Poole-Bob Hinsley- Richard Cryer -Andy Bellwood -Derek Mead- Steve Woomble- Sam Evans- Phil Kingswood --Finny plus 20 Freestyle spinners inthe Marketplace

• 2 weeks later...

Final call now. We expect to announce a sell out within 2 weeks. If you do not have a ticket and wish to go, here's you'd final reminder;

On line www.goldsoul.co.uk or www.ticketweb.co.uk

Retailers with a few remaining;

Jumbo Records, Leeds. Robs Records, Nottingham. Steve Woomble. Sarah Evison.

Or for Accomodation and Tickets 01947-602124.

We are now 75 short of a sell

out. Look forward to seeing you in North Yorkshire's nicest Coastal town.

Guest ruppy

Looking forward to another top weekend at Whitby,one of the best venues in the UK, soul music catering for all tastes something for everybody,

Derek welcome on board dear friend it has to be a double JD & coke for my birthday mate,exclude Ginger this time he has to concentrate on them spins & drops

So till 2ndJuly

have a safe journey up

Mick H

Guest BintofSoul

Hi Nicki We'll finally be able to meet up, at last. After all these years. laugh.gif

Yay! I've missed you! I'll be coming round to your cottage for tea. Do you know how to make chips n graveylaugh.gif ?

XX

Guest wizardmerlin
thumbsup.gifme and her indoors looking forward to thisthumbsup.gif sounds like a brill weekend:yes: ktf steve & anne :rolleyes:we may talk funny but we cor half dance:D
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone who is staying in The Avalon Hotel (like we were) they have gone bust.

There are some new owners that are trying to re-open it (according to the woman at the Langley next door) but we've lost all our deposit with no sign of getting it back & are stuck for somewhere to stay:sad:

That along with the fact that our tickets have last years date on. We have been assured by Snowy that they are just a printing error,but when my friend first spoke to Kev Roberts we were told they were forgeries.

Things just aint going our way:no:

If anyone can help please pm me,gunna go & ring round b&b's now x

Be lovely to see you both so very far north Warren :D we must go and have a meal at that lovely place over the bridge , once I find out what time and when Nige is playing I will book a table if you fancy joining us just hollar :ph34r: ..other than that see you at kazbar friday evening ... great fish and chips to start off your Whitby experience (on the hill going to the venue ) ..avoid the cafe /bar restaurant on the front ...miniscual portions that wouldn't feed a fly :ohmy:

Carms

x

For anyone who is staying in The Avalon Hotel (like we were) they have gone bust

There are some new owners that are trying to re-open it (according to the woman at the Langley next door) but we've lost all our deposit with no sign of getting it back & are stuck for

somewhere to staysad.gif

That along with the fact that our tickets have last years date on. We have been assured by Snowy that they are just a printing error,but when my friend first spoke to Kev Roberts

we were told they were forgeries.

Things just aint going our way:no:

If anyone can help please pm

me,gunna go & ring round b&b's now x

Kirsty- Not quite right....

Your friend who called explained she had bought tickets from someone other than a designated agent. I merely said, be careful. Check the paper trail back to Snowy or myself. They did and all is fine.

Sorry to hear about the hotel.

How can anyone go bust in Whitby?

The hoteliers must be laughing all the way to the bank. Just wish they would discount regulars like ourselves.

Even the promoters are charged top whack.

Look forward to seeing you.

Be lovely to see you both so very far north Warren biggrin.gif we must go and have a meal at that lovely place over the bridge , once I find out what time and when Nige is playing I will book a table if you fancy joining us just hollar ph34r.gif ..other than that see you at kazbar friday evening ... great fish and chips to start off your Whitby experience (on the hill going to the venue ) ..avoid the cafe /bar restaurant on the front ...miniscual portions that wouldn't feed a fly ohmy.gif

Carms

x

Hi Carms

Sounds great pm us the details and times.We'd love to join you both. I've been told that Whitby has the bestest Fish and Chips in the UK.

ps Any spa hotels in the vicinity? :hypo:

Hi Everyone,

Don't forget you cannot pay on the door. The event is SOLD OUT.

If agents have any tickets left they are likely to be Snowy( 07931 562260).

Join an A List of DJ's and beautiful people in the glorious town of Whitby this coming weekend.

Early bird check in from 3pm.

Be lovely to see you both so very far north Warren :D we must go and have a meal at that lovely place over the bridge , once I find out what time and when Nige is playing I will book a table if you fancy joining us just hollar :ph34r: ..other than that see you at kazbar friday evening ... great fish and chips to start off your Whitby experience (on the hill going to the venue ) ..avoid the cafe /bar restaurant on the front ...miniscual portions that wouldn't feed a fly :ohmy:

Carms

x

Well i hope the FOUR of you have a lovely meal together...........i thought we planned a meal for all of us!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Don't forget you cannot pay on the door. The event is SOLD OUT.

If agents have any tickets left they are likely to be Snowy( 07931 562260).

Join an A List of DJ's and beautiful people in the glorious town of Whitby this coming weekend.

Early bird check in from 3pm.

Any chance of 2 tickets just for sat nite?:thumbsup:

Mart & Shaz

Well i hope the FOUR of you have a lovely meal together...........i thought we planned a meal for all of us!!!!!!!

Hi Martyn sorry took my eye off the thread , not been too clever with a tummy bug.sad.gif

Yes ALL of us.... how many would that be now ? not sure do you have a companion or companions with you, didn't you say you wre hiring a cottage ? would they like to come too ?

We get there friday evening if you like as I finish work at lunchtime , We can meet at the Kazbar around 5pm ? They have big tables and lovely fish and chips , plus its off the main drag and near the venue on the hill .

We can meet up there if you like .

Everyone else goes to the one on the front and to be honest the Kazbar is as good and no queing and has the most amazing cakes if you can squeeze them in , and you get a great view of the sea lashing tourists that go too near the edge he he he :thumbup:

Hi Martyn sorry took my eye off the thread , not been too clever with a tummy bug.:lol:

Yes ALL of us.... how many would that be now ? not sure do you have a companion or companions with you, didn't you say you wre hiring a cottage ? would they like to come too ?

We get there friday evening if you like as I finish work at lunchtime , We can meet at the Kazbar around 5pm ? They have big tables and lovely fish and chips , plus its off the main drag and near the venue on the hill .

We can meet up there if you like .

Everyone else goes to the one on the front and to be honest the Kazbar is as good and no queing and has the most amazing cakes if you can squeeze them in , and you get a great view of the sea lashing tourists that go too near the edge he he he laugh.gif

Carms the place is called the KYBER not Kazbar,,,, You JOEY!! :lol:

Unless ya tellin Mart the wrong name so he cant find where we are!! :lol::lol::thumbup:

Gordon Ramsey!!

Carms the place is called the KYBER not Kazbar,,,, You JOEY!! :lol:

Unless ya tellin Mart the wrong name so he cant find where we are!! :lol::lol::thumbup:

Gordon Ramsey!!

Hi Nige and Carms (AKA Joey).....so glad that we are stil invited :lol: .

The Kyber at 5pm sounds great. There will be 7 of us....you two, plus Warren and Karen, Pete and Liz, and me. Not sure if i can do cake after Fish and Chips but I'll give it my best shot...... cheese1.gif

Edited by Rbman

Carms the place is called the KYBER not Kazbar,,,, You JOEY!! laugh.gif

Gordon Ramsey!!

Lol lol i knew it was exotic and started with a K ... looks like I will have you all to myself lol , no bugger will find it PML..

Joey .... this name seems to be sticking as of late , MUST EAT MORE FISH !:lol:

Update for the pre Whitby Fish supper club

I just thought I had better check regarding the name and would you beleive it has changed its name to Hudsons ( I never thought the name was quite right before ) and yes I thought it was best to book a table , so thats all done now.

Spa's

Good god you Dj's have such high expectations :thumbup:, sorry no spa , but one can be arranged if Nige goes over his 10 buds limit

Weather

I don't think we will be blessed with last weeks weather , we just don't have two weekends on the trot like that. So best to pack something warm just in case . It gets very breezy on that east coast.

Shops

Karen will fall in love with the underwear shop so take lots of dosh Warren.

https://www.fishnets-lingerie.co.uk/ a little preview of possible spending for her

Joey ... PA to the stars laugh.gif

Update for the pre Whitby Fish supper club

I just thought I had better check regarding the name and would you beleive it has changed its name to Hudsons ( I never thought the name was quite right before ) and yes I thought it was best to book a table , so thats all done now.

Joey ... PA to the stars :lol:

Hudsons up the Kyber eh.......thanks Joey.

EVERYONE USED TO WALK BY IT AND GO TO THE NEXT ONE DOWN THE ROAD........

IT WAS KNOWN AS " THE KYBER PASS":thumbup:

SORRY COULDN'T RESIST IT ......LOL

Dave

Dave is giddy already due to his forthcoming Motown Underplayed set in the Marketplace on Saturday night. The whole of Goole will be cheering him on :lol:

EVERYONE USED TO WALK BY IT AND GO TO THE NEXT ONE DOWN THE ROAD........

IT WAS KNOWN AS " THE KYBER PASS":thumbup:

SORRY COULDN'T RESIST IT ......LOL

Dave

This is a review i have just read on the tinternet about Hudsons......i hope Joey knows what she is doing......:lol:

Overpriced, overcooked fish - I have eaten in many of Whitby's eateries and this is, honestly, the worst.

Whoever fillets the fish takes a very novel approach, turning one fillet in to two quite thin slices, attached together at one end; the fish frier then cooks them for as long as a thick fillet would take.

I will never go again.

There are some truly great places to eat fish and chips in Whitby, but anyone unfortunate enough to eat their first ever Whitby Fish & Chips at Hudson's will probably be put off for life.

The one positive was the staff, very friendly & professional - however we weren't eating them.

My advice for anyone going to eat in Whitby and wanting to enjoy first class Whitby Fish & Chips would be to go to Mr Chips, over the swing bridge & follow the road round to the right, you'll see it on your left, or wait in line at The Magpie - it's very well worth it - the main thing would be to avoid Hudson's

This is a review i have just read on the tinternet about Hudsons......i hope Joey knows what she is doing......:lol:

Overpriced, overcooked fish - I have eaten in many of Whitby's eateries and this is, honestly, the worst.

Whoever fillets the fish takes a very novel approach, turning one fillet in to two quite thin slices, attached together at one end; the fish frier then cooks them for as long as a thick fillet would take.

I will never go again.

There are some truly great places to eat fish and chips in Whitby, but anyone unfortunate enough to eat their first ever Whitby Fish & Chips at Hudson's will probably be put off for life.

The one positive was the staff, very friendly & professional - however we weren't eating them.

My advice for anyone going to eat in Whitby and wanting to enjoy first class Whitby Fish & Chips would be to go to Mr Chips, over the swing bridge & follow the road round to the right, you'll see it on your left, or wait in line at The Magpie - it's very well worth it - the main thing would be to avoid Hudson's

HAVE BEEN TO MR CHIPS TWICE, VERY NICE AND FRESH.....AND LICENCED......

DAVE

I will never go again.

Martin

Of course its a matter of pesonal taste,,,

After all its only Fish and Chips in Whitby ,,,, if we suggest somehere else i guess youll only do the same and find a bad review off the net about that place!!

I think it better you find ya own place now to eat matey ,,, theres SO Many to choose from in this lovely little seaside town:angry2:

Carms was only trying to help,, i guess you will only find fault wherever we suggest!

We have eaten there a few times and had no problem,,, so at least we have experienced the worst F & C in town :thumbup:

Enjoy ya meal old boy,,,, we sure will

Nige B

PS Dont call Carmen Joey by the way!!

Here 'ya go.......

Thanks Kev , nice to see the addition of the freestyle room in the selling room /foyer for people to chill out and listen to some great sounds whilst they browse records perhaps have a snack and catch up with friends.

Also lovely to be in the company of some of the gentle giants on the scene that have great private record collections. I am sure we will be treated to some amazingly soulful tunes of mixed tempos.

Whoever came up with this idea of having a free style area merits a pat on the back. :thumbsup:

If Terry Finn is reading I recall in my conversations with him he likes an Impressions or two can i request something off the People get ready album called "We're in love" , basically a track i heard by Little Bob played by Adam Topping that I have just found out was a cover of The Impressions track.... and I need to hear the Impressions sing it..:lol: If anyone has this sound I recon he has as he appreciates mid tempo magic.

Hope we all have a lovely weekend enjoying what Whitby has to offer .

Edited by Carms