Records You've Not Heard Out

Guest stewartfishcake

Stewart

Always though Gwen & Ray was a brilliant tune. Fat Man At The Go Go is Butch Baker which is also a good dance tune.

What about It's Too Late - Bobby Goldsboro - yuck.....

Mick

Social source share

• Replies 175
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest stewartfishcake

Cry Like a Baby"-BoxTops, "A Lover's Concerto"-The Toys,"You Don't Mean it"-Towanda Barnes,?????Here She Comes"-The Tymes,"Back Field in Motion"-??????,

Social source share

Cry Like a Baby"-BoxTops, "A Lover's Concerto"-The Toys,"You Don't Mean it"-Towanda Barnes,?????Here She Comes"-The Tymes,"Back Field in Motion"-??????,

Stewart

That's the ticket - real barrel scrapers mostly except I do have a soft spot for Towanda Barnes. Backfield In Motion is Mel & Tim by the way.

How about:

Sign On The Dotted Line - Gene Latter

Ca-thedrals - DC Larue (effin awful)

Mick

Social source share

Guest stewartfishcake

Stewart

That's the ticket - real barrel scrapers mostly except I do have a soft spot for Towanda Barnes. Backfield In Motion is Mel & Tim by the way.

How about:

Mick

Social source share

Guest stewartfishcake

What about "A Lovers Holiday"-Peggy Scott Jo Jo Benson ought to be given some hearplay, Then there's "Branded"-Robert Knight my brain hurts now!!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

HAWAII 5.0

PLAYTHINGS....STOP WHAT YOUR DOING

WAYNE FONTANA.....TRAMPOLINE

TOM JONES.......STOP BREAKING MY HEART

KIKI DEE.... ..MAGIC CARPET RIDE

Social source share

Hundreds to choose from

3 5 from me in no particular order

I'm Shaft - RB freeman

First round Knockout - George Foreman

I was born this way - Valentino

2 timing double dealing - Ikettes

TLC - PJ - played this in the last 6 months and had a good dance floor reaction.

Social source share

the closer she gets-john drevar (a personal fave tho!!)

stop and youll become aware-earl okin

dont take the lovers from the world-shirley bassey

there isnt anything-gidian

the night-frankie valli

midnight confessions-grassroots

white lies-bullet (another personal fave)

never the twixt-the present

give it tens mins...

Social source share

the closer she gets-john drevar (a personal fave tho!!)

stop and youll become aware-earl okin

dont take the lovers from the world-shirley bassey

there isnt anything-gidian

the night-frankie valli

midnight confessions-grassroots

white lies-bullet (another personal fave)

give it tens mins...

Don't recall "White Lies" Bullet, but remember "Willpower Weak - Temptation Strong" on Big Tree:?

Social source share

Don't recall "White Lies" Bullet, but remember "Willpower Weak - Temptation Strong" on Big Tree:?

in a similar sort of style.Think they imported thousands of those big tree 45s.Got an issue on uk phillips as well

Baltimore and ohio marching band-condition red.................its the ice cream man.can i have a 99 with a flake

Social source share

What about the failed searling spin...The free-Taking It Away (phillips).Top tune in my opinion. Dont know how it failed to click and one Im going to pull out and stick in the box.Searling is pictured with it with Kev Roberts and Russ somewhere.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh heres one the elvis impersonater Ral Donner-Dont Let It Slip Away......how did this get past the quality control!!!!

Social source share

Heard 'The Present' played out a few months ago - REALY enjoyed hearing it again. thumbsup.gif

franki valli - the night

Always quite liked 'The Night' from my 'yoofy' days - and still a much better track than FW in IMHO....... seem to recall reading (or hearing) that FV always hated this track and never wanted it released.

Social source share

Guest daz mycroft

might be showing my age. but what about,

theme from Hawai 5 0 (honest)

Greendoor

bok to bach - fathers angels

devil in a blue dress - hotshots

bongo rock- incedible bongo band

Joker went wild - Bryan Hyland

the list goes on

Social source share

Stewart

How about:

Mick

Think the Pet Shop Boys based their career on Cathedrals.Got it in a Richard Domar soulpack

Social source share

Guest daz mycroft

here is a curve ball

O,T, Syers (the singing dentist) - stone crush on you.

and who could forget

the Skunk - jimbo

by the way who actually recorded theme from Hawai 5 o ???

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

here is a curve ball

O,T, Syers (the singing dentist) - stone crush on you.

and who could forget

the Skunk - jimbo

by the way who actually recorded theme from Hawai 5 o ???

THE VENTURES

Social source share

"Supertime"- Golden World Strings, methinks it was a bootleg but don't know who by?

Was 6 O'Clock by Total Eclipse , an LP track............ Sorry already done:king:

Edited by martyn
Social source share

I'm starting to feel ashamed as i have a lot of the records listed in this thread, BUT then again these are the sounds that got me started into this scene so maybe not ph34r.gif

Social source share

"Who you Gonna' turn to - Bunny Sigler"

I think you mean "Benny Sigler" on Phil-LA Soul. thumbsup.gif

Old Searling spin if I remember correctly.

Havent heard it for years , always thought it was a cover up thumbsup.gif

Social source share

"Who you Gonna' turn to - Bunny Sigler"

I think you mean "Benny Sigler" on Phil-LA Soul. thumbsup.gif

Old Searling spin if I remember correctly.

been looking for a copy of this, turns out the one i had was a re-issue/boot, love this tune

Social source share

Records You've Not Heard Out For Over 30yrs.....And Never Likely To...

A 1974 WIGAN HORROR ... JOE 90...swoon.gif

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=n02MMLOiM40

Just made me think...Joe 90 was a term of derision at my school for someone with NHS specks on. They were usually kept in place with a plaster in the corner......as in look at him he looks like Joe 90.If you were at Wigan and wore the specks and it came on .........pity you.

What comes around though as all the young kids are wearing them and want to look like Joe 90.I'm a bit perplexed with the current kids look of looking like Frank Elson, the flat cap and beard.They are looking old before they are old!. The only things they will have to do when they are old is to have a smelly hallway, get up at 6 oclock and walk the yorkshire terrier for a paper and claim the pension.

Social source share

thumbup.gif Wasn't Condition Red the theme tune to 'Man About The House'? thumbsup.gif

No that was the Hawksworth Big Band...the track is called up to date and was composed by Johnny Hawksworth..Don't think it was ever played though I wouldn't be suprised if it was !!. Anybody remember a track called Mal...a euro type of thing.I remember a red label with a pirate on it for some reason. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest martyn

That was 'Mal' by Martin Stevens on Pirate (a French Canadian record from Quebec). Also around at the time was 'Lindbergh II' by Toulouse, another Canadian record.

Mal

Covered up at St Ives as New York Vibrations - Mike Post , very early 76...............................Had forgoten all about the Toulouse record untill you mentioned the name

Social source share

Guest martyn

heard a belter on Radio 2 today.....

NINA SIMONE - MY BABY JUST CARES FOR ME whistling

remember vividly hearing this at a peterboro niter in the early 80's

Tony Worot used to play it at The Fleet :yes:

Social source share

heard a belter on Radio 2 today.....

NINA SIMONE - MY BABY JUST CARES FOR ME :rolleyes:

remember vividly hearing this at a peterboro niter in the early 80's

This used to be a big sound at the 6Ts nights in London (forerunner of the 100 club) in the late 70s, early 80s - it was a bit too slow to be 'Northern' at that time. I guess someone at Peterboro' maybe heard it there?

Social source share

Guest martyn

This used to be a big sound at the 6Ts nights in London (forerunner of the 100 club) in the late 70s, early 80s - it was a bit too slow to be 'Northern' at that time. I guess someone at Peterboro' maybe heard it there?

Correct . We ( the Bedford crowd ) used to go to West Hampstead where we first heard it . Tony had the bottle to play it at Peterborough & it took off big style there thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Mal

Covered up at St Ives as New York Vibrations - Mike Post , very early 76...............................Had forgoten all about the Toulouse record untill you mentioned the name

Wasn't

S.O.S All We Need Is Time For Love Canadian as well. Had a few copies on the orange label.Great record but not heard it out.Timmy Thomas-Whats Bothering Me.(never hear that either).The Flirtations-Hold On To Me Babe on Polydor,Flora Wilson-Dancing On A Daydream,Boz Scaggs-You Make It So Hard To Say No,Lorelei-S.T.O.P.....

Social source share

Another one Chapter 3 -I'll never be the same again

Barry St John-My man (a uk decca thing)

Frantic Escape-Escape From Cuba

Seth Martin-Look At Me (Page1)

Detours-A whole lot of lovin (CBS)

Twiggy-Beautiful Dreamer (Ember dire.......)

This has got my mind tickingshades

Barry St John - no such track on decca, might have been a cover up or the 'other' Columbia single.

Escape From Cuba is by The High & The Mighty who are in fact, The reflections.

Twiggy is Beautiful Dreams. brilliant track.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert