Groovesville Soul Club

Guest Andy Kempster

i think most as been said regards the night, sorry terry and stevec that we left at 1ish because were not soulies are we!!. i think these comments

regards people going early is abit out of order as we pay the entrance fee, we make the effort to support two great promotors, we travelled to

the venue, its our choice to stay or go.

i agree with chris(doc) which i was most sorry to miss his spot, we cringed a few times when them decks slipped especailly with some of the tune being played, hope all the djs checked there discs for any que burn! and again agreed with rbman to the fact was it a soulnight or allnighter?

because imo the music played catered mostly for the higher rarky in the upper level

overall i enjoyed my "time" at the gallery a really nice venue excellent dancefloor, some new sounds to my ears, and seeing a few friends aswell.

well done andy & toby keep at it

russ

• Replies 112
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest SteveC

i think most as been said regards the night, sorry terry and stevec that we left at 1ish because were not soulies are we!!. i think these comments

regards people going early is abit out of order as we pay the entrance fee, we make the effort to support two great promotors, we travelled to

the venue, its our choice to stay or go.

i agree with chris(doc) which i was most sorry to miss his spot, we cringed a few times when them decks slipped especailly with some of the tune being played, hope all the djs checked there discs for any que burn! and again agreed with rbman to the fact was it a soulnight or allnighter?

because imo the music played catered mostly for the higher rarky in the upper level

overall i enjoyed my "time" at the gallery a really nice venue excellent dancefloor, some new sounds to my ears, and seeing a few friends aswell.

well done andy & toby keep at it

russ

Russ, at no time have I ever said that only soulies stay to the end. Nor was my comment aimed at anyone in particular. My observations of events "generally" held in the South (and there are some minor exceptions) is that regardless what time the event ends a lot of folk drift out hours earlier. As for catering for the "higher rarky" surely there were quite a few well known tunes played to balance it out. We all have our opinions though Russ which should be heard and respected. BTW it was good to see you.

Russ, at no time have I ever said that only soulies stay to the end. Nor was my comment aimed at anyone in particular. My observations of events "generally" held in the South (and there are some minor exceptions) is that regardless what time the event ends a lot of folk drift out hours earlier. As for catering for the "higher rarky" surely there were quite a few well known tunes played to balance it out. We all have our opinions though Russ which should be heard and respected. BTW it was good to see you.

fair comment steve, i can only go by what i heard whilst i was there, cant comment on the rest of the night. yes there was some

nice oldies/rarieties played especailly from ted who had the most dancefloor action, loved that ike n tina turner track, and the instrumental which he played, also thought lorraine chandler played by yourself sounded awesome havnt heard that played out for a while.

yes there was alot of stuff played which i have never heard before some i liked some i didnt, i admit im not a nighter goer of which

in my opinion most of what was being played was only being danced to from the guys/girls in the "upper level" are these up north djs

scared to play some midtempo? or this that not allowed anymore...

the point made in reference to if this was a soulnight or a nighter was a valid comment imo

anyway this is not a slur on the night/music played or the organisers just one persons opinion

nice to see you steve and up the posh:ph34r: well down at the moment....

russ

.....especailly from ted who had the most dancefloor action, loved that ike n tina turner track.....

i went up and asked Ted what that was and he even showed it to me...but all i can now recall is that it was on a mauve Sonja label..... Steve G thought he may have it in his collection..... i think i have heard it before on a Juggy Murray Sue label etc CD collection which Paul McKay lent to me.

Edited by Rbman

i went up and asked Ted what that was and he even showed it to me...but all i can now recall is that it was on a mauve Sonja label..... Steve G thought he may have it in his collection..... i think i have heard it before on a Juggy Murray Sue label etc CD collection which Paul McKay lent to me.

"Strange" I guess ? great track & a rare'un (very!)

Edited by SHSDave

thank you one and all.....

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!

IF ANY ONE OF YOU LOVELY LADIES HAS LOST A MAKE UP BAG, LET ME KNOW AS I HAVE IT, GET IN TOUCH AND I'LL SEND IT TO YOU

AND TO THE LOVELY LADY THAT HAS MIS LAID A BOOT (HOW ON EARTH?) THEN JAN HAS IT!thumbsup.gif

Pmd you Mate thumbsup.gif

What a night hit all the right buttons good venue buts decks need re positioning great selection of music from every one kept the floor busy bloody long walk to the car thou good job i had my trolley Toby and andy thanks for having me onthumbsup.gif

Nice 1 Ted brill set mate, Thanks for Terry Goodnight thumbsup.gif

Mike

,would also be nice to see some playlists put up :yes::thumbsup:

Dave f...........

Yup here goes:

Bobby Blues Ray "Soul"

Roy Roberts "So much in love" (Herts oldie)

Richard marks "Did you ever lose somebody"

Sugar Bear "Miss Superfine"

Walter Wilson "Love keeps me crying"

Clarence Reid "I'm your yes man"

Johnnie Praye "Can't get too much love"

Short Kuts "your eyes may shine"

Chico Lamar "What do you think I am"

Detroit Sounds of Friction "I'm leaving you"

Groove Merchants "There's got to be someone for me"

Double 00 Demingoes "Color one tear black"

Mixed Feelings "Sha la la" (request)

Doc Peabody "Here without you"

Hard Drivers "Since I was a little girl"

Wally Coco "Message to society"

Appointments "I saw you there" (request)

Volumes "Ain't gonna give you up"

Peoples Choice "All I want is you"

Steve

PS: just as I was about to go on - every DJs nightmare - my record box went flying with the contents spilled all over the floor - needess to say I was well chuffed (not) :no: so never mind checking cue burn, I was checking for cracks and scratches. Fortunately no damage done.

Edited by Steve G
Guest Andy Kempster

mmmm....

questions , questions...!

are we a nighter or are we a soul night?

now theres one to ponder

i'll throw a question back

if it were a soul night would we be able to offer you the unquestionably top notch line up that we did or would you maybe get just one or perhaps two of the top class djs that were available on the night...i say not, just my opinion

if it were a nighter? well thats another question. if we started at 10 and finshed at 6 with that line up then yes.....!!! you'd be hard pressed to beat it. but sometimes the law doesnt allow...

it is under consideration but not always that easy, any promoter will know what i mean

back to the soul night question, yes we are a soul night (for now) but not of the common ilk, or at least i hope

just looking back on the line up for saturday and having heard the musical offerings of every dj (and each and every one worth their mustard without exception) then we are definitely not of the ilk of ..... yeah, there's a soul night on, fancy going?

we are, and excuse the personal big headedness (if thats a word) a soul night (sic) with a difference

would i travel to hear this set of djs when they only finish at 3.30? yes i would

would it matter if it took me 3 hours to get there? no it wouldnt, been there and done it before and would happily do it again

HATS OFF TO EVERY ONE OF OF THE DJS AND ATTENDEES AT THE GROOVESVILLE EXPRESS, SEE YOU ALL AGAIN SOON FOR MORE MAYHEM

THE GROOVESVILLE AMIGOS LOVE YOU ALL

ANDY, TOBY, MEL AND FINGERS (ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE)

XXX

Yup here goes:

Bobby Blues Ray "Soul"

Roy Roberts "So much in love" (Herts oldie)

Richard marks "Did you ever lose somebody"

Sugar Bear "Miss Superfine"

Walter Wilson "Love keeps me crying"

Clarence Reid "I'm your yes man"

Johnnie Praye "Can't get too much love"

Short Kuts "your eyes may shine"

Chico Lamar "What do you think I am"

Detroit Sounds of Friction "I'm leaving you"

Groove Merchants "There's got to be someone for me"

Double 00 Demingoes "Color one tear black"

Mixed Feelings "Sha la la" (request)

Doc Peabody "Here without you"

Hard Drivers "Since I was a little girl"

Wally Coco "Message to society"

Appointments "I saw you there" (request)

Volumes "Ain't gonna give you up"

Peoples Choice "All I want is you"

Steve

PS: just as I was about to go on - every DJs nightmare - my record box went flying with the contents spilled all over the floor - needess to say I was well chuffed (not) :yes: so never mind checking cue burn, I was checking for cracks and scratches. Fortunately no damage done.

Ah still banging out quality toons I see Steve! Doc Peabody; Wally Coco (a fave of mine and quite brave of you to spin!); Johnnie Praye (which was an old Stafford spin Keb did for me on a tape years back c/u so thanks for revealing what was under the papery disguise!) No wonder your a resident with taste like this! Check in with you soon X

mmmm....

questions , questions...!

we are, and excuse the personal big headedness (if thats a word) a soul night (sic) with a difference. 'That's why I went', just a suggestion, but why don't you call it a mini niter.

would i travel to hear this set of djs when they only finish at 3.30? yes i would. Yes, 'I did', and I will do again, this weekend in fact (3 hour's).

would it matter if it took me 3 hours to get there? no it wouldnt, been there and done it before and would happily do it again. for me 'No', I travelled over 4 hour's to hear the quality of dj's on offer.

HATS OFF TO EVERY ONE OF OF THE DJS AND ATTENDEES AT THE GROOVESVILLE EXPRESS, SEE YOU ALL AGAIN SOON FOR MORE MAYHEM and promoter's.

THE GROOVESVILLE AMIGOS LOVE YOU ALL

ANDY, TOBY, MEL AND FINGERS (ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE)

XXX

Willie, one of the 'higher arky in the upper level', (pmsl at that).

Edited by Soulgrit
Guest Drippin
:hatsoff2:I would like to thank everyone for the birthday gifts and surprise, and a big thanx for jackie and nita for the BIG card and cake, yes i do fell 84 lol but only 45 lol, and a happy birthday to jan cog, many thanks DRIPPIN :rolleyes::ohmy::huh:thumbsup.gif:D

Source Advert