• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

DJ Timetable

---------------

The Cliffdene - Friday

5pm till 6.30pm - Meet'n'Greet in the bar, Free Bucks Fizz. Background music supplied by Nige"ambient" Brown

Northern Room - 8pm till 4am

8pm - Ady Heaney/Andy McCabe/Derek Mead (2 x 30 minute sets each)

11pm - The 2 Amigos - Pete Eccles (Birthday Boy) & Nige Brown

12.30am - Sean Chapman

1.15 am - Pete Lyster

2am - Mick H

3am till 4am finish - Nick Hackett

Modern Lounge - 8pm till 4am

8pm - Simon White

10pm - Steve Lloyd

Midnight - Terry Jones

2am - Neil Self

Saturday Afternoon - Fistral Blu Beach Bar, overlooking Fistral Beach

12 noon till 3pm - Pete Eccles,Nick Hackett,Pete Lyster (2 x 30 minute sets each)

3pm till 4pm - Miick H - 70's & Crossover Set

4pm till 5pm - Neil Rushton - 70's, Crossover,Jazz Funk & Soulful House

5pm till 6pm - Terry Jones - "let's go to church!"

Saturday & The Cliffdene - 8pm till 4am in both rooms

Northern Room

8pm - Ady Heaney.Andy McCabe,Derek Mead

10.45pm - Pete Eccles & Nige Brown

Midnight - Neil Rushton

12.30am - Pete Lyster

1.15am - Nick Hackett

2am - Mick H

3am till 4am finish - Sean Chapman

Modern Lounge

8pm - Steve Lloyd

10pm - Neil Rushton

11pm - Neil Self

1am - Terry Jones

3am to finish - Simon White

Sunday at The Cliffdene

Modern Lounge & Northern Room - Afternoon Sessions from 2pm till 6am

Northern Room - Finale Party (Northern & Modern) 8pm till 2am

Sunday DJ's - Dr Pickles,Pete Lyster,Neil Self,Neil Rushton,Simon White

Guest Glawster

Wow, 4 hours of playing time; I'll be able to play my whole collection in that time biggrin.gif I'll list them up later......

Well thats wade in the water sorted a few times then LOL - Big Mama Thornton have you got her version,I think that was the one we were talking about @ coppertops?????

DJ Timetable

---------------

The Cliffdene - Friday

5pm till 6.30pm - Meet'n'Greet in the bar, Free Bucks Fizz. Background music supplied by Nige"ambient" Brown

Northern Room - 8pm till 4am

8pm - Ady Heaney/Andy McCabe/Derek Mead (2 x 30 minute sets each)

11pm - The 2 Amigos - Pete Eccles (Birthday Boy) & Nige Brown

12.30am - Sean Chapman

1.15 am - Pete Lyster

2am - Mick H

3am till 4am finish - Nick Hackett

Modern Lounge - 8pm till 4am

8pm - Simon White

10pm - Steve Lloyd

Midnight - Terry Jones

2am - Neil Self

Saturday Afternoon - Fistral Blu Beach Bar, overlooking Fistral Beach

12 noon till 3pm - Pete Eccles,Nick Hackett,Pete Lyster (2 x 30 minute sets each)

3pm till 4pm - Miick H - 70's & Crossover Set

4pm till 5pm - Neil Rushton - 70's, Crossover,Jazz Funk & Soulful House

5pm till 6pm - Terry Jones - "let's go to church!"

Saturday & The Cliffdene - 8pm till 4am in both rooms

Northern Room

8pm - Ady Heaney.Andy McCabe,Derek Mead

10.45pm - Pete Eccles & Nige Brown

Midnight - Neil Rushton

12.30am - Pete Lyster

1.15am - Nick Hackett

2am - Mick H

3am till 4am finish - Sean Chapman

Modern Lounge

8pm - Steve Lloyd

10pm - Neil Rushton

11pm - Neil Self

1am - Terry Jones

3am to finish - Simon White

Sunday at The Cliffdene

Modern Lounge & Northern Room - Afternoon Sessions from 2pm till 6am

Northern Room - Finale Party (Northern & Modern) 8pm till 2am

Sunday DJ's - Dr Pickles,Pete Lyster,Neil Self,Neil Rushton,Simon White

Wow!! some decent DJ slots at last!! 2 hours sets awesome!!

So looking forward to meeting Terry Jones and Simon White, maybe coax them into to paying us a visit at Soulfusion sometime

will be sorting my tunes out Thursday and now i know I have no less than 4 hours spinning time, will bring a wider selection of tunage along.

Can't wait!!

Best Neil

post-4438-12724990373782_thumb.jpg

Guest ruppy

Well just over 24 hours to Tulsa,

Minibus sorted,Notts possi ready to party,somthing tells me this is going to be the best one yet,

Till Fri

B Good

Mick H

Guest peter burke

Well just over 24 hours to Tulsa,

Minibus sorted,Notts possi ready to party,somthing tells me this is going to be the best one yet,

Till Fri

B Good

Mick H

Eyup Mick,

The Saturday afternoon venue will blow you away.

Have a great weekend,

Pete

Edited by peter burke
Guest souldjer 1

looks like the weather may not be as good as the last 2weeks have been down ere,but a warm s/west welcome is assured.

who needs the sun when we got soul.

bag packed and the mrs storage truck has arrived for her luggage.bring it on!!!

cya all friday

deano n yvette

Guest Glawster

The crapiest day at work imaginable but hey all forgotten now! Bring on the Newquay Vibes! Picking Rob and Julie up @ 10am then off we go - See ya all tomoz - Mart and Sue

Guest andrew bin

we left it to the last minute but me and tracie will be coming out to play this weekend and we aint half looking forward to it thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif any good cocktail bars local

Got to Newquay at tea time after travelling through horrible weather all the way from the Midlands....and the sun came out!!!

Lovely view of the sunset from the hotel at the moment.

Then Dazz, one of our security guys, got what he deserved for showing off his muscles in a tight fitting T-Shirt when one of the old dears here with a coach party (they leave in the morning) asked him if he was the stripper for the night.

And been told there's going to be a Tamala Lewis and a Robbie Lawson for sale in the record bar.

The champagne safely stored away for the Buzzs Fizz reception tomorrow afternoon .

THINK IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT WEEKENDER!!!!!!!!!

Guest bunty

looks like the weather may not be as good as the last 2weeks have been down ere,but a warm s/west welcome is assured.

who needs the sun when we got soul.

bag packed and the mrs storage truck has arrived for her luggage.bring it on!!!

cya all friday

deano n yvette

wave.gif look forward to seeing you both...it seems ages!... we're really looking forward to this yes.gif & a new venue! thumbsup.gif no Ronnie this time, so will just be Pete Mart & Bev xx better pack the ralgex!laugh.gif

Guest Glawster

we left it to the last minute but me and tracie will be coming out to play this weekend and we aint half looking forward to it thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif any good cocktail bars local

Be good to catch up with you both again , its gunna be a great weekender

Safe journeys to everyone and enjoy,

Mart and Sue

Mart, Sue and everyone else who is heading for Newquay this weekend We are looking forward to meeting you. Still sorting my tunes out, but will probably be hitting the M5 about 11am.

see you in the bar!!!!

best wishes Neil & Ann Self

Arrived and had a fantastic breakfast at 15 , wonderful views of watergate , now having tea and chilling out at at the Headland which has far exceeded all my expectations , deciding where to lunch next , checked out Fistral blu where the saturday entertainment will commence and it looks fantastic.

Bet they never did soul like this in 72 ..... we are sooooooooooooo lucky hatsoff2.gif

Look Backs Starts Here !!

Wot a brilliant time at this venue!

Much better than the Griffin last year,staff alot more friendly.

Party Party from start to finish. Really enjoyed the afternoon session at Fiscal beach also.( sides still splitting with those masks):laugh:

Still in recovery mode :blink:

Cant wait for next year.. Welldone Mr Rushton !!

Mike & Jan Cog

Just a quick note to say THANK YOU to -

1 - Everyone who attended and made it such a great Weekender - definitely the best Newquay yet. Lots of of lovely people there.Seeing so many happy smiley faces made it all worthwhile.

2 - To the DJ's who all played out of their skins. Was great to see both rooms jumping.

3 - To The Cliffdene for making us so welcome and providing a new home for the Weekender. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and that attitude was appreciated by a lot of people.

4 - To the Fistral Blu bar for opening the doors to us on Saturday afternoon and giving the event a different vibe.

5 - To Lee and Anton for the sound equipment, Dazz and Ray on security for doing their impression of the Mitchell Brothers and to Julian for coming up with the temporary dancefloors.

6 - Everyone who stayed till the "one more record" end Sunday night/Monday morning.

7 - Marie for all her help behind the scenes.

8 - Glenn at Joe Boy for the graphics and work on the Soulvation web site.

9 - Last but not least, Pete & Cathy Lyster for their ongoing support and enthusiasm for the Weekender.

Lots of people already booked up for the next Newquay Weekender which takes place at The Cliffdene Friday October 1 - Sunday October 3.

We will also be back at The Cliffdene over Mayday Bank Holiday Weekend 2011.

All the Best,

Neil

Edited by NeilRushton1

1 - Everyone who attended and made it such a great Weekender - definitely the best Newquay yet. Lots of of lovely people there.Seeing so many happy smiley faces made it all worthwhile.

2 - To the DJ's who all played out of their skins. Was great to see both rooms jumping.

3 - To The Cliffdene for making us so welcome and providing a new home for the Weekender. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and that attitude was appreciated by a lot of people.

4 - To the Fistral Blu bar for opening the doors to us on Saturday afternoon and giving the event a different vibe.

5 - To Lee and Anton for the sound equipment, Dazz and Ray on security for doing their impression of the Mitchell Brothers and to Julian for coming up with the temporary dancefloors.

6 - Everyone who stayed till the "one more record" end Sunday night/Monday morning.

9 - Last but not least, Pete & Cathy Lyster for their ongoing suypport and enthusiiasm for the Weekender.

Lots of people already booked up for the next Newquay Weekender which takes place at The Cliffdene Friday October 1 - Sunday October 3.

We will also be back at The Cliffdene ove Mayday Bank Holiday Weekend 2011.

All the Best,

Neil

Neil, Marry and all involved,

it was a great pleasure to be asked to get involved in this terrific weekender, I really liked the fact that it was a smaller event and such a very friendly crowd of soulies all up for a good time. It was great to meet up with some of the crowd from the Soultrip USA event last year. Mick H and crew, Graham and Lorraine James to name a few.

Our area of the country was very well represented with Steve & Vanessa Lloyd, Ray & Angie, Rob & Julie Adams, Mart & Sue Taylor, Stella & Tim, Dave & Rochelle Staelens, Shane & Bev plus me and Ann. a nice little posse.

For me meeting the legendary Terry Jones was one of the highlights, spent quite a long time talking to him about music and venues etc, such a nice guy and so approachable. Pleased and surprised at the reaction to my friday night set following on from TJ who had em going nicely, nice to see a full dancefloor right up to the last record at 4am.

Nice to meet Theresa from London who promised to finally use her soulfusion membership card and get along to one of our future events, also nie to meet Derek mead at last, and Pete Eccles, and Dr Pickles all fantastic DJs and damn nice folks to boot.

As for Newquay, it has such a beautiful coastline, so many excellent beaches and stunning scenery. Got plenty of fresh air walking around during the day

and the weather although cold was very kind to us, only one rain shower on saturday tea time.

for those who may be interested, i'll try and remember what I played and post up latr n.

but for now well done to all involved.

best regards

Neil & Ann Self

"Pleased and surprised at the reaction to my Friday night set"

Neil & Ann Self

Neil, it was indeed a fantastic set, as I shared with you later in the weekend, whilst begging you for a CD. Don't forget now.

It was a great weekend, Neil and Maire Thank you, cooked to perfection,

Lorraine x

The dates for the next two -

Friday October 1 to Sunday October 3 ,2010

&

Friday April 29 to Sunday May 1, 2011 (Early May Bank Holiday Weekend)

Reservations for Hotel Room/Weekend Pass packages being offered exclusively until end of May to everyone who took rooms this this weekend. From June 1 any left will be offered via the Soulvation web site to others.

Thanks again to everyone who made it "the friendly weekender".

All the Best,

Neil

Guest Dr Pickles

What a fantastic weekend.

10 x better than the Griffin with everyone partying in the same place.

An honour to play my version of an upfront set on Saturday but the best giggle was double decking with Pete Lyster for the Sunday night party. I don't know where everyone got their energy from but that room was jumping.

Too many people to mention but special thanks to:

Plymouth crew

Andy & Tracie

Pete & Cathy

Graham & Lorraine

Sean & Michelle

Derek Mead

Nick & Hannah

Mike & Anne

Glawster

Neil Self

Karen, Lyndsey & Rachel

Theresa

Karl

Nige Brown

Last but not least Neil and all the promotion team

Edited by Dr Pickles

Well what a weekend !!

Youve already read the vibe of the weekend!!

I dint think Neil could better last year at the Griffin( apart from the Landlord lol)

WRONG!!!!!!

The bugger had a Secret Weapom this year!!!

FISTRAL BLUE!

Fantastic Mr Rushton a bloody master stroke!!

The suroundings, the people. the laughs and of course the music,,,,,,

BANG ON!!!

Id didnt venture into the Modern Room but what Fantastic Sellections from ALL the DJs

Shouldnt really single anyone out but Chris Pickles hit the spot for me on Sat Night!!thumbup.gif

Nice to see Albert Eccles out and about too that Birthday Eccles caKE WAS SOMETHING ELSE!!

Like to thank Bridgit and Lord Derek Mead for their fine company and relieving me of my cash on his record bar!!

Theyl be some piccis in the gallery in a bit

Neil and Marry thanks for such a lovley weekender and inviting me to DJ, heres to the next one!!

Nige B

PS Neil Rushton has got the biggest calculater ive ever seen!!yes.gifohmy.gif

post-1851-12730013938511_thumb.jpg

Guest Glawster

Top marks ,the whole weekend was excellent.

Imagine the start - Meet and greet planned - Nige "ambience" Brown 5pm appearence to play a few background choons on the decks whilst the masses quaffed their Bucks Fizz!

WRONG! 2.15 pm , empty decks set up, Sean Chapman and a box of records! Here starts the weekend , threatening to give out lines and detentions to late comers(Inc Michelle) ,sat in a comfy chair in his slippers, whilst announcing "well this is the friendly weekender!" - It never looked back , it truly was a friendly weekender.

Some excellent choons were played in both rooms all weekend and the guys we met,new and old friends all seemed to be buzzing!

Friday evening meal found our table of eight singing old 70s cheese choons over the main course and still trying to remember the 1st line to Tie a Yellow Ribbon! WHY OH WHY LOL!

Our "soulfusioners" adventures started on Saturday with the meander/amble/totter via every nook and cranny to Fistral Bay , taking in as many photo opportunities ,oh and comfort breaks as possible! It appeared I was the Joker in pack providing mirth and merriment along the way - who could forget the rubber shark,the escaping crab,the lanquid lobster and me thinking a donation to the RNLI meant I had the right to drive the boat!

On arrival at Fistral Bay we were treated to a cornucopia of choons oh and copious amounts of RATTLER! The Notts crew provided much entertainment in the form of masks 10 out of 10 for Harry Hill! As events due to a close and various members of the soulfusioners had gone back or thrill seeking,we joined Pete and Cathy for the walk back,which was interupted for some more Rattler and a bite to eat and of course a great chat,nice Saturday morning / afternoon , back to the Cliffdene , Sue declined another meal but I never and Rob and myself sat discussing Crossroads! would you believe!!

More top choons played Saturday night and a few more people arrived too,which always leads to a good natter and hugging session!The floor always seemed busy and even my legs took to the floor for a few spins! Looking like something out of the Sopranos in my Hawaiaan Shirt!

Breakfast soon came round and Rob and Julie had been nominated as Soulfusion tour co-ordinators - NEVER again LOL - We walked towards Watergate Bay to see a surf tournament!(and at some point I decided to roly poly down a hill! Head rush or what!!!)anyway we had a Pub stop , then a Bus stop,beach(too windy) so Pub stop,cheesy chilli chips,washed their windows , then headed back on the Bus again!

More choons,quick snooze before evening meal was the plan but low and behold the fire alarm went off! How exciting,half pissed,half dressed trying to negotiate an old metal fire escape! False alarm,back to the room gather some thoughts then off we go again!

I certainly enjoyed my weekend in some top top company and for fear of missing anyone out Im not going to begin to name you all - Thanks to all concerned for making this a great weekender,cant make the October one but defo be in touch with Neil to make the 2011 one!

post-11061-12730029293907_thumb.jpg

The dates for the next two -

Friday October 1 to Sunday October 3 ,2010

&

Friday April 29 to Sunday May 1, 2011 (Early May Bank Holiday Weekend)

Reservations for Hotel Room/Weekend Pass packages being offered exclusively until end of May to everyone who took rooms this this weekend. From June 1 any left will be offered via the Soulvation web site to others.

Thanks again to everyone who made it "the friendly weekender".

All the Best,

Neil

Put me down to DJ for the April/May 2011 event only next time I will bring my proper northern box, not just a handfull of lesser known sides.

best regards

Neil Self

As promised here's what I played over the weekend

in no particular order from the northern room friday afternoon and sunday night

Fontella Bass - Lucky In love

Marcia Hynes - You Gotta let go

Innervision - honey baby be mine

Ray Algere - in my corner

Barbara West - Congratulations Baby

Moses Smith - Try My Love

Betty Everett - Unlucky Girl

Peabo Bryson - Why don't you make up your mind

Bob & Earl - My Little Girl (Vocal)

Betty Everett - you're falling in love

Bobby Womack - So Many Sides Of you

Prince Philip Mitchell - I'm so Happy

LouRawls - I'll see you when I get there

Candace Love - Wonderful Night

Gambrells - Jive Talk

Carl Carlton - why don't they leave us alone

Harold Melvin - Prayin

Garland Green - Girl I love You

Soul Communicaters - Those Lonely Nights

Mary Love - you turned my bitter into sweet

Mary Love - I'm in your hands

Ernie Marbray - ain't nobody's business

Manhattans - I Can't Stand For you to leave me

Esther Phillips - Never Found me A Man

Syl Johnson - Try Me TSU Tornadoes - What Good Am I

Corey Blake - How Can I go On Without You Will Collins Willpower - is there Anything I can Do

Don Gardner - Is This really Love Spellbinders - A Little on The Blue Side

Gloria Taylor - You Got To Pay The price Trammps - Where Do We Go From Here

Billy Butler & the Chanters - My heart is hurting Jimmy soul clark - tell her

Continental 4 - the way i love you baby Soundmasters - lonely lonely

Andrea Henry - I need you like a baby

then my modern stuff from Friday and saturday night sessions

David Joseph - You can't hide your love

Uptown Funk Empire - You Gotta have freedom

Deep Sensation - Soul Heaven

Billy Paul - Bring The Family back

Jean carn - Was that all it was

Maysa leak - The Bottle

Drizabone - Real Love

Garfield Flemming - don't send me away

Sherrick - Just call

Ann Nesby - In the Spirit

Incognito - Always There

Full Flava - U r The Universe

Sounds og blackness - I'm going all the way

George benson - Love Ballad

Kirk Franklin - Looking for you

Beloyd - get into your life

Roy ayers - running away

Saundra Williams - unconditionally

Drizabone - Real Love

Dj genesis - tribute to betty

Bobby d'ambrosiio - runaway love

Rot soul - shy high

Richard dabyshire - this i swear

Michael wycoff - looking up to you

Mario biondi - this is what you are

Afro elements - think

Carl Anderson - buttercup

Shaun escoffery - days like this dj spinner remix

Mario biondi - love dreamer

George benson - show me the love

Kenny carvajal - rise

Stephanie cooke - i thank you 2009 blaze shelter remix

Marc evans - serenity

D influence - magic

Kenny bobien & ann nesby - spread love

George mena & Frankie Estevez - going back to philly

Al green - keep on pushing love joey negro old skool remix

Sean oliver - just you and me

Distant people & dee major - guidance

Kloud 9 - love's just better with you

Ronnie Jordon - so what

Masters at work - backfired

Sofia rubina - make me beautiful

Tashan - soul survivors

St germain - so flute

Soul harmonics - these times

Blackbox - fall into my love

Norman cutchins - i really love you

Sunburst band - twinkle

Tortured soul - special lady

Hope you enjoyed it all and thanks to everyone who came up and thanked me on the night.

best regards

Neil

Guest ruppy

Well l said i had a feeling this would be the best yet,don,t think i was wrong.to all of you who were there like to say a big than you on behalf of my Notts posse,what a laugh we all had,sat afternoon down at fiscal beech was the icing on the cake

Ten out of ten Neil Rushton ,well done mate you will not get any negative feed back on here from one single person who attended the weekender, just applause for pulling of a truly fantastic weekender

all the djs just brilliant,just good dam soul music from all fronts well done

So till next year

B Good

Mick H

shades.gif MR BELLWOOD MISSES THE BOAT AS NORTHERN NAUGHTIES NUKE NEWQUAY, OH YEH!!!!!

Been looking forward to this since the last one,yes it was that good, despite the landlord & bar staff. So after an eventful 6 hours plus driving taking in a nasty 10 mile tailback for a foreign wagon & motorcycle accident & then a lady driver going the wrong way on the A30 dual carriageway accident (sure I saw somewhere women were safer drivers) we homed in on the Cliffdene & as Ester Phillips would have said had she been there,"What a difference a place makes,24 quid a night mate,it's not gunna be shite mate,cos it's gunna be great", ok it was £30 but you get my drift & one look at the dance areas,dining room,bar area & of course the bedrooms proved this beyond a shadow, so a stroke of genius on Neil & Marie's part.thumbsup.gif

Gaz Farrington is first person I spot stood outside like an expectant Dad,well he'd travelled down through the night with Linda & I'm sure his ears needed the rest,next up the Lincolnshire Love Monkey, Mr Chapman but I'll have to wait till later to see the lush Miss Lush of Lushshire, Michelle,swoon.gif buggar!! Ah ha is that a pint attached to my favourite bargee bird Karen (Soulgirl)? Of course it is & she's waiting her deckhand & cabin girl Rachel & Lindsay, where's my Somerset lovers? Hannah Montana & Nick"Hatchet" Hackett (Nasty Nick's alter ego) have landed in a bit of a frazzle, so super Spot to the rescue & his mate Ernie's inability to walk to & from venue all weekend is sorted.Ring in arrangements with Lord & Lady Cog of Lanhatsoff2.gif who arrived to take the waters yesterday in the company jet & it's just about simmering on gas & to ours for a Pimm's on the veranda, with myself blessing the multitude as Pope Pete-ius the turd & Gail,Jan & Hannah greet the bystanders like Royalty at the Prom's.So down to the mainroom with Gail & I in our slippers where Chappers has set up & Mr & Mrs Glawster are tipping & tapping their toes to the music whilst devouring a late snack, now thats how laid back & homely this weekender is,like Christmas afternoon at your Mum's but without the sprout farts.ohmy.gif

Here comes my first mistake,I start drinking in the afternoonbeer.gif but hey its a holiday, heres Nige & Carms the Gastronomes of Soul, who have 3 Michelin stars for food,eating not cooking & nonchalantly drop into the conversation, "15","Breakfast at Jamies", etc, one day Carms will share with me her little black book of cooks I'm sure, cos I love a Lady who can lunch.Anyway I digress,we spend a while listening & being entertained by Chappers comedy hour & Northern history lesson,thank god he didn't start on about his days in the WAF!!!!whistling.gif Karl arrives out front & Kate manages to ease slowly out of her 7 hour snooze like a mouse on Mogadon & into the room for a rest, Karl informs us that he bumped into the Nottingham Nomads & Nutbags bus (A hybrid run on alcohol & fart fumes) back at the services & they're right behind (Yeh! seem to have heard that one before somewhere) an hour later Mick H ring to suggest the Champagne reception be put back an hour, as they're running a little late,what did I tell you!!

Later back in our room I spy the Notts machine arriving & spilling out onto the pavement like a primeval ooze are top Dj & all round drunkard Mick H,who manages to fall on Wendy, causing untold damage to her silicons, had she had any, instead almost breaking her ribs.So theres Carol & birthday boy,Emily's lad Tony(No wonder she naffed off to Corrie Street),the almost sensible one Ian, who still see's their Mick,John & Michelle whom I met later (more on that in a while),Dean & Neil the camera addicts & of course Nott's answer to the Cheeky Girls aka the Leaky Girls,the Lost Links of Life,the Grease on a Lapdancers Pole, Snoggy & Doggy,Yes you got it,the untouchables (in more ways than one) Mandy & Wendy, with enough sh**e to fill a septic tank.rolleyes.gif

The Bushy Babe Lorraine & her consort Graham arrive later after jetting in with Dolly Partons mates Joel & Ian (Jolene,keep up people theres a test next),it's rumoured that Joey Dunlop,Sue Brick & her friends are here but after spotting Joey at dinner friday they, plus their mates had the longest game of Hide & Seek in history, which they won hands down as no one saw them till Sunday night when Sue & her friend came to dinner only to leave after a few minutes when Sue got cement mixer mouth, you know what I mean,when your food just goes round & round in your mouth forever cos you can't swallow it. That seemed to be our full team arrived, so from now on we should be mainly cooking on gas.

A nice evening meal with Shane & Bev then up for the ablutions & a wee kip, my god it's 10:30 before we know it, we manage to get down to hear some top stuff from Nige Brown, then horror of horrors, I realise I've traveled 367 miles to bump into the block who bought the other ("Only two shirts like this in the world mate,honest!!") identical top to mine, what can I say, other than perfect taste mateblush.gif . God it was hot in there, so I spent the night chatting with Chappers,Pete Lyster & others in between dashing upstairs for a douse down or a change of top, didn't see much of the gang till late on as they'd hidden at the back in the dark arches, the reason? Air con. Musically all weekend it was very varied, from King George to the Elgins, what I found funny was the two women, one of whom kept asking for Frank Wilson(Though she couldn't remember his name or most of the title) but couldn't understand why it had to be played on the original & why no one had it & the other unable to understand why no one had Bobby Hebb-Love,love,love, now I don't mean that in a discourteous way but it was the look on Seans face as he tried to explain the vagaries of Northern Dj'ing. Second mistake coming up at the end, we went back to Big Ian's room for a night cap, oh my here we go!!!beer.gif

Btw an observation that really P's me off, why do people sit openly discussing others at venues?ranting_1.gif How bleeding ignorant & down right rude is that? In the main room two guys sat like Trinny & Suzanne commenting on everyone that entered & in the pool room a table of women sat whispering & giggling like a coven of witches round a cauldron, at anyone that dare walk in their vacinity,bloody cheeky mares, if people have anything to say then say it to the face not the back of your hand cos I bet I & a lot of others would have a damn sight more to say to them & no I'm not paranoid.

Saturday morning my mistakes have caught up with me, I got a head with Brass Band playing in it & a mouth like like a Sumo Wrestlers Crotch plus my stomaches on the Big Dipper at Blackpool, even a walk out for papers in the brisk & fresh air followed by breakfast with Karl & Kate doesn't alleviate my woe, so it's back to the safety of our room till after lunch when Gail entices me out to go to the Fistral Blu,as we await our chariot we spot Nick Hackett with what looks like an oversized laundry bag slogging his way back up the road, it is infact his records & he's knackered, been looking for said Fistral Blu for last hour at the end of the Town with no luck, so he's off for a rest, we offer him a lift & he offers his apologies to Neil via me. The bar etc on the beach is fabulous & a lot have gathered, I manage a chat with Soulgirl & Rachel, as well as listening to a nice selection of tunes from Pete Eccles, who's birthday it is & who later in the night receives a Choccie cake surrounded by Eccles cakes, nice touch that Theresa. As I expected even the aroma of ale was too much for me & before long my top lip was awash with sweat,my head was spinning faster than a Waltzer & my gastric juices were ebbing & flowing quicker than a spring tide in the Severn,hypo.gif so I surrender £20 to Gail & myself to my pit but before doing so I meet Ali & Mandy, who together with the rest of the gang I thank for chaperoning Gail for the day.

Managed to make dinner with Karl & Kate, then it's the 3 S's & back to the fray but this time down in the dark arches with the air con, now this is where I become acquainted with John's wife Michelle, there am I stood doing no harm to man nor beast when I'm grabbed bodily & half spun round for a big L O kiss & cuddle by this unknown lady,feel free I say but a light bulb flash's in her head & she realises it not Brad Pitt as she imagined but more of a cesspit & heads for the cover of John & that's my introduction to John's Lady.blush.gif

Next up the yearly tradition of the Hef's Hoof's, where by the girls force off his feet Mick H's brilliant white Genie of the Lamp,turned up toed, sand dance shoes, size extra Thorpedo+ & proceed to ski around the floor whilst Mick looks on with a broad grin & not a care in the world & taking it in good heart,king.gif however the 2 Afghanie families who were hoping to take up residence in them until their papers came through were not so happy. Once again back to pester Big Ian but I'm a little less impulsive with the grog this time but not so with the cabaret & dress up, out come the wigs & a very realistic Ladies front bottom (Where do you get these thing's, Mandy & Wendy?),so Mandy starts with an impression of a friend but looks more like Elkie bleeding Brooks with the big wig on,Bish puts on a blonde one & becomes Nick Heywood (Haircut 100), Dean sports a hippy one & becomes Paul Rodgers of Free,then he sports a Beetle cut & becomes the fifth Beetle, so what do I do?? Stick the front bottom on me head & become Worf from Star Trek, well it was funny at the time,blush.gif my god what have we come to???

Sunday most are leaving, so it's down to Gail & I, John & Michelle,Lorraine & Graham, Gary & Linda, Ian & Joel, Joey, Sue Brick & friends, Ali & Mandy,Mr & Mrs Glawster, Mr Lyster & Mr Self to keep the tunes coming & a few other ne'er-do-wells & vagabonds to keep the party rolling. The Nutty bus wasn't going back to Nott's but onto Pete Robinson memorial & offered Cog & Jan a lift to the airport but as Cog had to fly at 1pm & they were leaving at 11am,3pm,5pm & finally got away at 6pm I heard, so good job you booked that taxi Mike. So all on our lonesome we manage the eveing meal then into the main room but I'm afraid this is when the digestion devil attacked & so badly I couldn't relieve it, no matter what I took & ended up laid on the bed like a dying bloody swan with a cold compress wrapped round my head watching snooker, which was rivetting, not!! So Mr Lightweight here would once again like to thank Lorraine & the rest of you for looking after my Gail.hatsoff2.gif

Next morning all was fine for the trek home & I must say despite the hangover & gut rot & 6 hours each way, I had a great time & will be booking asap for next time, cos you can't whack it,excellent venue,good digs, ace music & what a bunch of mates to do it all with,CHAMPION.thumbup.gif

Take care,be safe & remember,"Woke up one morning half asleep, with all my blankets in a heap & yellow roses scattered all around,the time was still appoaching 4 I couldn't stand it anymore",

Spot.shades.gif

Ten out of ten Neil Rushton ,well done mate you will not get any negative feed back on here from one single person who attended the weekender, just applause for pulling of a truly fantastic weekender

all the djs just brilliant,just good dam soul music from all fronts well done

So till next year

B Good

Mick H

Couldn't add anything to that - sums it up just so well

our thanks to everyone, Cathy and I had a great time

pete lyster

Top marks ,the whole weekend was excellent.

Imagine the start - Meet and greet planned - Nige "ambience" Brown 5pm appearence to play a few background choons on the decks whilst the masses quaffed their Bucks Fizz!

WRONG! 2.15 pm , empty decks set up, Sean Chapman and a box of records! Here starts the weekend , threatening to give out lines and detentions to late comers(Inc Michelle) ,sat in a comfy chair in his slippers, whilst announcing "well this is the friendly weekender!" - It never looked back , it truly was a friendly weekender.

Some excellent choons were played in both rooms all weekend and the guys we met,new and old friends all seemed to be buzzing!

Friday evening meal found our table of eight singing old 70s cheese choons over the main course and still trying to remember the 1st line to Tie a Yellow Ribbon! WHY OH WHY LOL!

Our "soulfusioners" adventures started on Saturday with the meander/amble/totter via every nook and cranny to Fistral Bay , taking in as many photo opportunities ,oh and comfort breaks as possible! It appeared I was the Joker in pack providing mirth and merriment along the way - who could forget the rubber shark,the escaping crab,the lanquid lobster and me thinking a donation to the RNLI meant I had the right to drive the boat!

On arrival at Fistral Bay we were treated to a cornucopia of choons oh and copious amounts of RATTLER! The Notts crew provided much entertainment in the form of masks 10 out of 10 for Harry Hill! As events due to a close and various members of the soulfusioners had gone back or thrill seeking,we joined Pete and Cathy for the walk back,which was interupted for some more Rattler and a bite to eat and of course a great chat,nice Saturday morning / afternoon , back to the Cliffdene , Sue declined another meal but I never and Rob and myself sat discussing Crossroads! would you believe!!

More top choons played Saturday night and a few more people arrived too,which always leads to a good natter and hugging session!The floor always seemed busy and even my legs took to the floor for a few spins! Looking like something out of the Sopranos in my Hawaiaan Shirt!

Breakfast soon came round and Rob and Julie had been nominated as Soulfusion tour co-ordinators - NEVER again LOL - We walked towards Watergate Bay to see a surf tournament!(and at some point I decided to roly poly down a hill! Head rush or what!!!)anyway we had a Pub stop , then a Bus stop,beach(too windy) so Pub stop,cheesy chilli chips,washed their windows , then headed back on the Bus again!

More choons,quick snooze before evening meal was the plan but low and behold the fire alarm went off! How exciting,half pissed,half dressed trying to negotiate an old metal fire escape! False alarm,back to the room gather some thoughts then off we go again!

I certainly enjoyed my weekend in some top top company and for fear of missing anyone out Im not going to begin to name you all - Thanks to all concerned for making this a great weekender,cant make the October one but defo be in touch with Neil to make the 2011 one!

Mart & Sue, you need to bottle your whit, you would be a very rich couple, your humour is infectious, and Mart has such a dry sense of humour, and so quick with the one liners. you had me and Ann in stitches all weekend, I'll never forget Marts impression of a steam roller!! Good job there was a set of railings at the bottom of the slope otherwise mart would have made on hell of a splash!!

I think from 3.30ish on Friday pm right through to 11am Sunday morning we laughed, giggled, cried in hysterics and had the most wonderful time with you.

Sod the music, just having a great social time with the soulfusion posse was brilliant, such a tonic after the crap we have had in the last few weeks.

Can I book you two to come and entertain all my guests for my 50th birthday party in June?????

The highlight for me was at Watergate bay when I managed to regurgitate almost a full pint of Red stripe all over the window in the phoenix restaurant,

( NO I WASN'T DRUNK) that was down to one of Marts super quick jibes regarding the impending Surf competition going on!!! and the local support it was getting LOL!!

All in All a very enjoyable weekend

they say if you can laugh at least once a day then you will live longer, well I think we laughed about every 10 seconds so we will live to be very old me thinks, and if we have company like the posse we had at newquay then we will have a very enjoyable time.

best regards

one very happy Neil & Ann Self

p.s IWILL SEND YOU THE VERY LARGE BILL FOR THE BUMPER PACK OF TENA-LADY PADS!!!!!!!!!!!

Spot, terrific write up again, In case you didn't know I am the block who had great taste and bought the same shirt as you mate. get your good lady to post up the photo's it did make me laugh though. It was Nice talking to you on Sunday morning prior to breakfast or was it just before leaving? I don't know now that's the effect the weekender has on me, it all seems to blur into one. Remember if you fancy heading our way sometime, just get in touch and we will sort you a hotel room out real cheap.

best regards

Neil Self

shades.gif MR BELLWOOD MISSES THE BOAT AS NORTHERN NAUGHTIES NUKE NEWQUAY, OH YEH!!!!!

Been looking forward to this since the last one,yes it was that good, despite the landlord & bar staff. So after an eventful 6 hours plus driving taking in a nasty 10 mile tailback for a foreign wagon & motorcycle accident & then a lady driver going the wrong way on the A30 dual carriageway accident (sure I saw somewhere women were safer drivers) we homed in on the Cliffdene & as Ester Phillips would have said had she been there,"What a difference a place makes,24 quid a night mate,it's not gunna be shite mate,cos it's gunna be great", ok it was £30 but you get my drift & one look at the dance areas,dining room,bar area & of course the bedrooms proved this beyond a shadow, so a stroke of genius on Neil & Marie's part.thumbsup.gif

Gaz Farrington is first person I spot stood outside like an expectant Dad,well he'd travelled down through the night with Linda & I'm sure his ears needed the rest,next up the Lincolnshire Love Monkey, Mr Chapman but I'll have to wait till later to see the lush Miss Lush of Lushshire, Michelle,swoon.gif buggar!! Ah ha is that a pint attached to my favourite bargee bird Karen (Soulgirl)? Of course it is & she's waiting her deckhand & cabin girl Rachel & Lindsay, where's my Somerset lovers? Hannah Montana & Nick"Hatchet" Hackett (Nasty Nick's alter ego) have landed in a bit of a frazzle, so super Spot to the rescue & his mate Ernie's inability to walk to & from venue all weekend is sorted.Ring in arrangements with Lord & Lady Cog of Lanhatsoff2.gif who arrived to take the waters yesterday in the company jet & it's just about simmering on gas & to ours for a Pimm's on the veranda, with myself blessing the multitude as Pope Pete-ius the turd & Gail,Jan & Hannah greet the bystanders like Royalty at the Prom's.So down to the mainroom with Gail & I in our slippers where Chappers has set up & Mr & Mrs Glawster are tipping & tapping their toes to the music whilst devouring a late snack, now thats how laid back & homely this weekender is,like Christmas afternoon at your Mum's but without the sprout farts.ohmy.gif

Here comes my first mistake,I start drinking in the afternoonbeer.gif but hey its a holiday, heres Nige & Carms the Gastronomes of Soul, who have 3 Michelin stars for food,eating not cooking & nonchalantly drop into the conversation, "15","Breakfast at Jamies", etc, one day Carms will share with me her little black book of cooks I'm sure, cos I love a Lady who can lunch.Anyway I digress,we spend a while listening & being entertained by Chappers comedy hour & Northern history lesson,thank god he didn't start on about his days in the WAF!!!!whistling.gif Karl arrives out front & Kate manages to ease slowly out of her 7 hour snooze like a mouse on Mogadon & into the room for a rest, Karl informs us that he bumped into the Nottingham Nomads & Nutbags bus (A hybrid run on alcohol & fart fumes) back at the services & they're right behind (Yeh! seem to have heard that one before somewhere) an hour later Mick H ring to suggest the Champagne reception be put back an hour, as they're running a little late,what did I tell you!!

Later back in our room I spy the Notts machine arriving & spilling out onto the pavement like a primeval ooze are top Dj & all round drunkard Mick H,who manages to fall on Wendy, causing untold damage to her silicons, had she had any, instead almost breaking her ribs.So theres Carol & birthday boy,Emily's lad Tony(No wonder she naffed off to Corrie Street),the almost sensible one Ian, who still see's their Mick,John & Michelle whom I met later (more on that in a while),Dean & Neil the camera addicts & of course Nott's answer to the Cheeky Girls aka the Leaky Girls,the Lost Links of Life,the Grease on a Lapdancers Pole, Snoggy & Doggy,Yes you got it,the untouchables (in more ways than one) Mandy & Wendy, with enough sh**e to fill a septic tank.rolleyes.gif

The Bushy Babe Lorraine & her consort Graham arrive later after jetting in with Dolly Partons mates Joel & Ian (Jolene,keep up people theres a test next),it's rumoured that Joey Dunlop,Sue Brick & her friends are here but after spotting Joey at dinner friday they, plus their mates had the longest game of Hide & Seek in history, which they won hands down as no one saw them till Sunday night when Sue & her friend came to dinner only to leave after a few minutes when Sue got cement mixer mouth, you know what I mean,when your food just goes round & round in your mouth forever cos you can't swallow it. That seemed to be our full team arrived, so from now on we should be mainly cooking on gas.

A nice evening meal with Shane & Bev then up for the ablutions & a wee kip, my god it's 10:30 before we know it, we manage to get down to hear some top stuff from Nige Brown, then horror of horrors, I realise I've traveled 367 miles to bump into the block who bought the other ("Only two shirts like this in the world mate,honest!!") identical top to mine, what can I say, other than perfect taste mateblush.gif . God it was hot in there, so I spent the night chatting with Chappers,Pete Lyster & others in between dashing upstairs for a douse down or a change of top, didn't see much of the gang till late on as they'd hidden at the back in the dark arches, the reason? Air con. Musically all weekend it was very varied, from King George to the Elgins, what I found funny was the two women, one of whom kept asking for Frank Wilson(Though she couldn't remember his name or most of the title) but couldn't understand why it had to be played on the original & why no one had it & the other unable to understand why no one had Bobby Hebb-Love,love,love, now I don't mean that in a discourteous way but it was the look on Seans face as he tried to explain the vagaries of Northern Dj'ing. Second mistake coming up at the end, we went back to Big Ian's room for a night cap, oh my here we go!!!beer.gif

Btw an observation that really P's me off, why do people sit openly discussing others at venues?ranting_1.gif How bleeding ignorant & down right rude is that? In the main room two guys sat like Trinny & Suzanne commenting on everyone that entered & in the pool room a table of women sat whispering & giggling like a coven of witches round a cauldron, at anyone that dare walk in their vacinity,bloody cheeky mares, if people have anything to say then say it to the face not the back of your hand cos I bet I & a lot of others would have a damn sight more to say to them & no I'm not paranoid.

Saturday morning my mistakes have caught up with me, I got a head with Brass Band playing in it & a mouth like like a Sumo Wrestlers Crotch plus my stomaches on the Big Dipper at Blackpool, even a walk out for papers in the brisk & fresh air followed by breakfast with Karl & Kate doesn't alleviate my woe, so it's back to the safety of our room till after lunch when Gail entices me out to go to the Fistral Blu,as we await our chariot we spot Nick Hackett with what looks like an oversized laundry bag slogging his way back up the road, it is infact his records & he's knackered, been looking for said Fistral Blu for last hour at the end of the Town with no luck, so he's off for a rest, we offer him a lift & he offers his apologies to Neil via me. The bar etc on the beach is fabulous & a lot have gathered, I manage a chat with Soulgirl & Rachel, as well as listening to a nice selection of tunes from Pete Eccles, who's birthday it is & who later in the night receives a Choccie cake surrounded by Eccles cakes, nice touch that Theresa. As I expected even the aroma of ale was too much for me & before long my top lip was awash with sweat,my head was spinning faster than a Waltzer & my gastric juices were ebbing & flowing quicker than a spring tide in the Severn,hypo.gif so I surrender £20 to Gail & myself to my pit but before doing so I meet Ali & Mandy, who together with the rest of the gang I thank for chaperoning Gail for the day.

Managed to make dinner with Karl & Kate, then it's the 3 S's & back to the fray but this time down in the dark arches with the air con, now this is where I become acquainted with John's wife Michelle, there am I stood doing no harm to man nor beast when I'm grabbed bodily & half spun round for a big L O kiss & cuddle by this unknown lady,feel free I say but a light bulb flash's in her head & she realises it not Brad Pitt as she imagined but more of a cesspit & heads for the cover of John & that's my introduction to John's Lady.blush.gif

Next up the yearly tradition of the Hef's Hoof's, where by the girls force off his feet Mick H's brilliant white Genie of the Lamp,turned up toed, sand dance shoes, size extra Thorpedo+ & proceed to ski around the floor whilst Mick looks on with a broad grin & not a care in the world & taking it in good heart,king.gif however the 2 Afghanie families who were hoping to take up residence in them until their papers came through were not so happy. Once again back to pester Big Ian but I'm a little less impulsive with the grog this time but not so with the cabaret & dress up, out come the wigs & a very realistic Ladies front bottom (Where do you get these thing's, Mandy & Wendy?),so Mandy starts with an impression of a friend but looks more like Elkie bleeding Brooks with the big wig on,Bish puts on a blonde one & becomes Nick Heywood (Haircut 100), Dean sports a hippy one & becomes Paul Rodgers of Free,then he sports a Beetle cut & becomes the fifth Beetle, so what do I do?? Stick the front bottom on me head & become Worf from Star Trek, well it was funny at the time,blush.gif my god what have we come to???

Sunday most are leaving, so it's down to Gail & I, John & Michelle,Lorraine & Graham, Gary & Linda, Ian & Joel, Joey, Sue Brick & friends, Ali & Mandy,Mr & Mrs Glawster, Mr Lyster & Mr Self to keep the tunes coming & a few other ne'er-do-wells & vagabonds to keep the party rolling. The Nutty bus wasn't going back to Nott's but onto Pete Robinson memorial & offered Cog & Jan a lift to the airport but as Cog had to fly at 1pm & they were leaving at 11am,3pm,5pm & finally got away at 6pm I heard, so good job you booked that taxi Mike. So all on our lonesome we manage the eveing meal then into the main room but I'm afraid this is when the digestion devil attacked & so badly I couldn't relieve it, no matter what I took & ended up laid on the bed like a dying bloody swan with a cold compress wrapped round my head watching snooker, which was rivetting, not!! So Mr Lightweight here would once again like to thank Lorraine & the rest of you for looking after my Gail.hatsoff2.gif

Next morning all was fine for the trek home & I must say despite the hangover & gut rot & 6 hours each way, I had a great time & will be booking asap for next time, cos you can't whack it,excellent venue,good digs, ace music & what a bunch of mates to do it all with,CHAMPION.thumbup.gif

Take care,be safe & remember,"Woke up one morning half asleep, with all my blankets in a heap & yellow roses scattered all around,the time was still appoaching 4 I couldn't stand it anymore",

Spot.shades.gif

Guest andrew bin

well done and thanks to Neil and co thumbsup.gif we had a fantastic weekend musically and socially our first time in newquay and deffo won't be our last roll on next year thumbsup.gif (good to meet some new people and finally put faces to names in particular Tracie's new bezzy matelaugh.gif )

I even ventured into the modern room ohmy.gif i may try it again next year wink.gif

Edited by andrew bin

Had a great time from arrival to departure, had looked forward to this weekender for ages and it was all I hoped it would be on every level,

Had some unforgettable laughs with the best of company,

Played a few records with the best of DJ's,

Had the best ever birthday cake, thanks Tee :D

Thanks Neil for the invite to spin a few, it was an honour matey,

Til next time thumbsup.gif

Pete E

Thought I'd add my thanks to Neil and Marie; great weekender with lot's of atmosphere thumbsup.gif

I'm not going to list all the records I played, instead I'll give the flavour;

Friday Nights 2hrs set:- Soulful House, Garage, Jazz, Funk with a Soulfusion twist

Saturday night, again 2hrs:- 70's and 80's Modern Soul, Nu-Soul and Gospel, pretty much what I play at the Soulful Sessions.

Was a pleasure sharing the room with Terry Jones, Simon White and the two Neils.

Guest Glawster

Neil consider us booked for your 50th! Thoroughly enjoyed everyones company, didnt realise Rob had signwritten that bus we'd caughtyes.gif

post-11061-12732372864144_thumb.jpg

post-11061-12732372864144_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob Adams

9 - Last but not least, Pete & Cathy Lyster for their ongoing support and enthusiasm for the Weekender.

We will also be back at The Cliffdene over Mayday Bank Holiday Weekend 2011.

All the Best,

Neil

Neil

Many thanks for putting the event on, we had a fantastic time enjoying the music, the venue(s) and the great people in attendance:-)

Thanks also extended to Marie and whoever else (you mentioned Pete' + Cathy) helped you with their support behind the scenes.

Loved the Saturday afternoon late session with every body in the groove at the beach. Whislt your Sunday northern set sent me time travelling back at the Nags! great stuff!!!

Special thanks to our Soulfusion friends who helped to make it such fun throughout the w/e.....Mart+Sue, Neil+Ann, Dave+Rachel, Stella+Tim, Steve+Vanessa. Mart and Dave: great wit and incredible vocals on those 70's pop tunes!

Special thanks to Sue Taylor for playing driver and safely getting us there and back... best woman driver I've ever met ;-)

Also locals Tony and Jo' nice to see you dancing and enjoying the modern room.

Julie and I look forward to next year and we will consider requests for our services as 'Tour guides' ;-)

If there are any DJ spots I could be persuaded to mix some Jazz funk and Soul favourites with new tunes in an early modern spot, hint hint Neil ;-)

Thanks again for a great week end!

Regards

Rob + Julie

Guest Rob Adams

Neil consider us booked for your 50th! Thoroughly enjoyed everyones company, didnt realise Rob had signwritten that bus we'd caught:yes:

Martin and Sue

Thanks for the 'Tour guide' publicity, it was low key this year but hey! next year we could be very BIG in the SW!

I am thinking of starting a soul bus.........then no one can stop me playing my tunes!

We had such fun with you guys, can we book you for entertainment on one of our tours? oh and my guess is that Martin could do a great Crossroads quizz!

Regards

Rob

Guest Rob Adams

Fingers crossed for Robs recovery!

Only just seen this photo you put up! I've been practicing and now I know where the mic' goes.......under the decks and stays there so I can concentrate on mixing the tracks without gaps:-)

Regards

Rob

Spot.shades.gif

nice to have made the Spot headline laugh.gif - chuffed to bits you all had a mega time thumbsup.gif .

Its b freezin in s of france - coldest its been since 1960 & Perpignan airport shut due to snow !

Guest bish

Wot a fantastic weekend late posting as we went to turkey when we got back thanks to everyone for making my 50 th special it was a fantastic time can't wait for my 51st well done all involved cheers bish

• 2 weeks later...

Am delighted to announced that the headline DJ at the Oct 1 - 3 weekender will be none other than RICHARD SEARLING.

Richard will be playing in both the Modern & the Northern rooms in The Cliffdene Hotel on Friday October 1, as well as taking part in the already legendary Saturday afternon sessions at Fistral Blu beach bar the next day.

Guess it shows how the reputation of the Newquay Weekender is growing that Richard has agreed to come down and join in wth the goings on at "the friendly weekender".

All the Best,

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Source Advert