Link To Adidas Ad Featuring Dee Edwards

Guest marco

Guest marco

For those who haven't seen it yet:

https://lybio.net/adidas-originals-the-street-where-originality-lives-featuring-dee-edwards/commercials/

I know H. Ween the writer got a tidy little sum for the rights. Wonder if Dee got anything?

Jaw-dropping great tune if you don't know it.

Came out on Bumpshop and GM. Would be curious to know the story behind the two releases anyone?

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Brilliant record...been playing this for a while now. God knows how its ended up in this advert.

Great record. Gilles Peterson stuck it on a comp which is how Adidas probably picked up on it.Im sure it was played in a record shop in the Martin Freeman documentary on Detroit in front of the producer of it.Hopefully he will get a few dollars out of it.

Social source share

Guest marco

Great record. Gilles Peterson stuck it on a comp which is how Adidas probably picked up on it.Im sure it was played in a record shop in the Martin Freeman documentary on Detroit in front of the producer of it.Hopefully he will get a few dollars out of it.

Apparently he got 38,000 of them.

Social source share

Apparently he got 38,000 of them.

£25,492.00 ...........So the producer got that.I wonder how much dribbles down to the artists and then the musicians.They were probably paid a flat fee like library musicians.Bump shop copies will probably rise in value now.Keeping my copy though...Dennis Coffey on guitar I think.

Social source share

I'm afraid Dee Edwards won't get anything as she died a couple of years back .

Her ex husband Floyd Jones the producer on the song might get something though, I'll ask him and let you know.

Dave .Welding

Edited by Louise
Social source share

I'm afraid Dee Edwards won't get anything as she died a couple of years back .

Her ex husband Floyd Jones the producer on the song might get something though, I'll ask him and let you know.

Dave .Welding

Yes Dave

another case of 2 years too late

I had some great conversations with Dee after you gave me her phone number !!ph34r.gif I'm still in therapy !laugh.gif

Love this track, but not sure if I have it-

Price anyone ??

Rob

Social source share

Guest Dante

Yes Dave

I had some great conversations with Dee after you gave me her phone number !!:ph34r: I'm still in therapy !:laugh:

Price anyone ??

Rob

I can let you have a Gm or Bumpshop, I've got spares. Mind you, they're not mint.

PM me if you're interested, Rob.

Social source share

Guest Dante

The ad is pretty nice, IMO. listening to it pristine clean takes it to a new level.

Cameos by Snoop Dogg, Liam Gallagher and Beckham if I'm seeing right?

Social source share

Guest Dante

Nice to see it getting the recognition it deserves....even if it is a bit "mixed up".

They didn't messed with it too much. A couple of chops and a low pass filter here and there.

Social source share

Guest smigger

Remember when you could pick it up for about 15 euros.

Then went up in price considerably but came down again to the 15 euro level.

All within 18 - 24 months or so.

Just seen a vg copy go on ebay for USD 50,00.

Hanging on to my vg+ copy until the silly season starts.

Social source share

This is one of the records I was always putting low value bids on. This tactic usually works for me to get a cheap copy after a while.

But then a little while back I was leaving the record room to get something to drink... and when I passed the living room where my girl was watching tv I heard the tune and saw that it was used in that ad. And I knew I was f****d...

Absolute killer tune from her (and not here only one too!)

Social source share

Another tune that will hike up in price cos of the advert!!

Same happened to both the Timbox & 4 Seasons when they (Addidas) put Beggin on an ad, all be it aided by that Paluski chap or whatever his name is.

Great record this though, plenty of em around, but wont be a £30 tune any longer. Give it a month and it'll be touching double that and then some

Social source share

Yes Dave

I had some great conversations with Dee after you gave me her phone number !!:ph34r: I'm still in therapy !:laugh:

Price anyone ??

Rob

Hey up Rob

I remember my first conversation with Dee :ohmy: turned to Louise and said "I Think I've just been hit on by Dee Edwards" low and behold she gave you the same treatment. A few gin's inside her at Prestatyn would have made Philip Mitchell seem like a picnic. You Know what I meanthumbsup.gif

Actually spoke with Floyd about the advert he's very pleased, he always thought the song deserved a wider audience and should have been picked up by a major label at the time.

Dave.w

Social source share

Hey up Rob

I remember my first conversation with Dee ohmy.gif turned to Louise and said "I Think I've just been hit on by Dee Edwards" low and behold she gave you the same treatment. A few gin's inside her at Prestatyn would have made Philip Mitchell seem like a picnic. You Know what I meanthumbsup.gif

Actually spoke with Floyd about the advert he's very pleased, he always thought the song deserved a wider audience and should have been picked up by a major label at the time.

Dave.w

Quote "I still look as good as my pictures Rob" (heavy breathing) "It's really HOT here at the moment" (heavy breathing), "I just love your accent Rob" (heavy breathing)......

I think Louise and Karen would have had something to say Dave, as much as I'd have loved to have done the deal..I think we had a lucky escape!laugh.gif

Rob

Social source share

This is one of the records I was always putting low value bids on. This tactic usually works for me to get a cheap copy after a while.

But then a little while back I was leaving the record room to get something to drink... and when I passed the living room where my girl was watching tv I heard the tune and saw that it was used in that ad. And I knew I was f****d...

Absolute killer tune from her (and not here only one too!)

All dee Edwards tunes are killers . Have both Gm and Bumpshop releases. Gm one has been highlighted in the Detroit press last year as a big ticket item - not my words by the way !!, not sure of which paper but think it was on topic here has sold for silly monies..expect it to rocket now its T V friendly .

Most copies I ve ever found are trashed never seen one above a very good grade .. must have been well spun by the locals....

Social source share

All dee Edwards tunes are killers . Have both Gm and Bumpshop releases. Gm one has been highlighted in the Detroit press last year as a big ticket item - not my words by the way !!, not sure of which paper but think it was on topic here has sold for silly monies..expect it to rocket now its T V friendly .

Most copies I ve ever found are trashed never seen one above a very good grade .. must have been well spun by the locals....

I've got a story about the above news paper article, a couple of years back I was working an unissued cd track by Bruce Jackson, which was produced by Herman Weems. Herman was having trouble getting anyairplay on it in Detroit because no one remembered him. Now Herman ain't got a record to his name, so I sent him a couple of Fantastic Fours on Ric Tic that he wrote and a shagged water stained copy of Dee Edwards on GM.

Now when that news paper article appeared on soulsource guess what ? the copy of Dee Edwards on GM was the copy I sent to Herman for a $1000. At 3am on that night I get a phone call of a very excited Floyd Jones saying he's got a couple of copies and can I sell them for a $1000 each and he'll cut me in.

I tried to no avail to convice him that the record was only worth $25 tops. I rang Herman the next day to see what's going on, the sly old fox told me as long as the reporter from the Michigan Chronicle kept buying him rum and coke's he kept telling him what he thought he wanted to hear!

Spoke to Floyd the other day and he still thinks it's $1000 record. Mind you I got my own back on him, the yanks don't go onto summertime till a week after us, so I got the poor bugger out of bed early.

Dave. W

Edited by Louise
Social source share

Great Spanish issue with PS

post-4875-126986877986.jpg

on the aptly titled Belter labelthumbsup.gif

This is the copy I have - the GM and Bumpshop copies are usually trashed so this is a good option.

The price will go up but no way is it a 'big ticket' item just tuff to get a nice US copy.

If you're quick there's a Spanish release copy on the bay from some guy in Portugal... shhh.gif

Public service message over..

ATB

Greg.

Social source share

Great Spanish issue with PS

post-4875-126986877986.jpg

on the aptly titled Belter labelthumbsup.gif

yea got it!!! i've studied a little bit on the issue...both from detroit bump shop and gm.... but the gm, one comes out in the 1976.....the european press are all from 1972....like bump shop? in some site they talk about the date release on 196? hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert