How Do You Store Your Records?

I am trying to find a better solution than what I have right now, but let me start with my current situation.

I have my most treasured records in boxes from Swan Flight, but unfortunately, I cannot afford to have my entire collection in boxes from Swan Flight.

So I have a lot of them in these wooden boxes:

untitled.jpg

(from protected.de)

I would like to find some wooden boxes that are slightly cheaper, and which can be stacked on top of each other. I know that Ikea has some boxes called "Trissa" which match these criterias and they are perfect for 7-inch records. But they seem to have gone out of production. At least here in Denmark.

I think that I am looking for some nice wooden boxes, but I would like to get different input because maybe I am looking for something that I just don't know about yet ;-)

Edited by Preben
Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I used to store mine in a similar fashion (basically all over the place).

Explored "LOTS" of options (ready made shelving, boxes etc.) but found the best solution was to just get a carpenter in and fit shelving to my own

specifications and design and to the shape / size of the room where they reside.

It may sound expensive but it wasn't much different pricewise to buying boxes etc. to fit them all in, plus the fact it looks great!

Anyway, just thought i'd suggest this to you as i spent ages trying to decide what to do.

Best of luck with it. :lol:

Social source share

I am trying to find a better solution than what I have right now, but let me start with my current situation.

I have my most treasured records in boxes from Swan Flight, but unfortunately, I cannot afford to have my entire collection in boxes from Swan Flight.

untitled.jpg

(from protected.de)

I would like to find some wooden boxes that are slightly cheaper, and which can be stacked on top of each other. I know that Ikea has some boxes called "Trissa" which match these criterias and they are perfect for 7-inch records. But they seem to have gone out of production. At least here in Denmark.

I think that I am looking for some nice wooden boxes, but I would like to get different input because maybe I am looking for something that I just don't know about yet ;-)

mine are all over the house seb, got my main ones in a nice metal case with sturdy corners etc but cant move em cos it holds 500, the rest are everywhere in boxes,im glad u started this cos i should really take better care of them,ps,ive bought quite a few of them from you bud !i dont know how people with thousands of them manage

jason

Social source share

untitled.jpg

(from protected.de)

I find the 200 box flight cases are sturdy enough and manageable enough to be the best. Lots are available, at least in the UK, and can be stacked, labeled and expanded as required. If you want any specific suppliers pm me.

ATB

Greg..

Edited by ClearVinyl
Social source share

Guest Dante

I'm in the process of making a couple of boxes. Nothing big, one for LPs and one for 45s. Sort of play-boxes, to keep the hot stuff.

I'd agree, the best way will be getting a carpenter to do custom-mades.

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

untitled.jpg

(from protected.de)

I keep mine in shoe boxes and take em out and clean them every now and again

with a brillow pad,they dont sound any better for some reason,but boy do they look good.

Stu.

Social source share

untitled.jpg

(from protected.de)

I seem to remember this was discussed on here a while ago and my suggestion then was this... I went to my local D.I.Y. shop and purchased some metal toolboxes. These hold about 200 singles, have a hinged lid, carrying handles on both ends and have a lockable clasp on one side. They are quite light too being made of non-rusting galvanised 1.5 mm steel. Cost me 18 Aus dollars, about 10 U.K. pounds so they work out nice and cheap. Best thing is you can stack them as high as you want without doing any damage plus they are light enough to move around when loaded. Suggest you try your local D.I.Y. shop and see if they do them. Good luck anyway. ATB Tony OZ

Social source share

Have been using the 9L really useful 100 box for some time.

If anyone thinking of buying its worth noting that the postage for 1 box is £3.60, 2 boxes £11.99 so if you are after a couple it pays to buy them individually. Strange but true.......

Social source share

I used to store mine in a similar fashion (basically all over the place).

Explored "LOTS" of options (ready made shelving, boxes etc.) but found the best solution was to just get a carpenter in and fit shelving to my own

specifications and design and to the shape / size of the room where they reside.

It may sound expensive but it wasn't much different pricewise to buying boxes etc. to fit them all in, plus the fact it looks great!

Anyway, just thought i'd suggest this to you as i spent ages trying to decide what to do.

Best of luck with it. thumbsup.gif

Just to say I hear Little Reg, carpenter, makes up shelves to order - if required................

Social source share

Guest Dante

If I ever find out how to export pics from my cellphone to my computer, I'll post some pics of the boxes I've just finished. Nothing fancy, but pretty cool.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert