2011-02-12: Blackpool All Nighter

Event Title: BLACKPOOL ALL NIGHTER

Event Author: The Golden 101

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 12 February 2011

-------------------------------------------------

DJ's confirmed; RICHARD SEARLING, KEV ROBERTS, GINGER TAYLOR,ANDY DYSON, COLIN CURTIS, KEITH FLETCHER, CHRIS KING, EDDY EDMONDSON, PETE ROBERTS, BOB HINSLEY, NIGE BROWN, JOHN POOLE, GED PARKER, and many more to be added.

3 rooms (Northern Classics, Rare/Underplayed, Crossover-Modern Anthems)

Tickets on sale soon. www.goldsoul.co.uk

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by The Golden 101
  • 4 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

3 Rooms in one of the UK's Best Ever Venues...

The BARONIAL HALL 'Rare and Upfront'

ANDY DYSON, MICK H, BOB HINSLEY, JOHN POOLE, GED PARKER, SEAN CHAPMAN.

The SPANISH HALL 'The Scene's Biggest Oldies'

RICHARD SEARLING, KEV ROBERTS, CHRIS KING, GINGER TAYLOR, NIGE BROWN, KEITH FLETCHER, EDDY EDMUNDSON, ROD ALLSWORTH, SUE CLAXTON.

The RENAISSANCE Room 'Ultimate Modern Soul'

COLIN CURTIS, PETE HAIGH, JIM HARGREAVES, RICHARD SEARLING

Ticket line 0844-856-1111

or www.goldsoul.co.uk or www.ticketweb.co.uk

Admission £12.50

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick prompt on the unrivalled DJ line-up and one of the best venues in the UK. This is the All Nighter for Feb 12th.

3 Rooms in one of the UK's Best Ever Venues...

The BARONIAL HALL 'Rare and Upfront'

ANDY DYSON, MICK H, BOB HINSLEY, JOHN POOLE, GED PARKER, SEAN CHAPMAN.

The SPANISH HALL 'The Scene's Biggest Oldies'

RICHARD SEARLING, KEV ROBERTS, CHRIS KING, GINGER TAYLOR, NIGE BROWN, KEITH FLETCHER, EDDY EDMUNDSON, ROD ALLSWORTH, SUE CLAXTON.

The RENAISSANCE Room 'Ultimate Modern Soul'

COLIN CURTIS, PETE HAIGH, JIM HARGREAVES, RICHARD SEARLING

Ticket line 0844-856-1111

or www.goldsoul.co.uk or www.ticketweb.co.uk

Admission £12.50

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What an amazing venue :thumbsup: I was so overwhelmed by the sheer size of the place and the money that must have been poured into creating such a magnificent dancing play ground of such opulence .

I think you would call the style " Baroque" I was expecting an army of food platters , the sort of place you would hold a massive feast .

Very well attended for a first event . many faces I didn't know , many younger elements too

It was a feast for the eyes :hatsoff2:

Music that impressed me on the night in particular was the latter part of Mick H's set filled with stuff I didn't know and a very special track I loved which I need to hear again, the guy that followed Mick played an awesome set I do believe the best for me was at the end of the night ... when daylight flickers and where that tempo can fluctuate and you have the best meat on the bone , all those lovely tender succulant bits where ithe flesh is pick almost under done and there is masses of room at the table to be devoured.

I stayed in the rare room all the time I was there , and felt that the guys were testing the water finding their groove to suit an audience that maybe they were unfamiliar with . To be honest i heard lots of stuff in there that I would have expected in the main room which was good stuff ..... but for me the attraction and pleasure were those morcels they made me wait for lol :thumbsup:

This would be a superb summer event !

the guy that followed Mick played an awesome set I do believe the best for me was at the end of the night ...

That'll be me, :hatsoff2: so thanks Carms. The room had thinned out a little by then and it was a bit hard to guage exactly what the remainder were looking for but I think I tried a bit of everything from the well known to the obscure.

As someone whose history with the is Winter Gardens long and varied I have to confess to having mixed feelings about it being started up again but I must say it was a resounding sucess.

Edited by ged parker

Hi Ged , sorry about not knowing your name . I was told who you were but you know what its like after 5am the brain was just wanting a rest , me not being a nightowl .

Yes I really did like your set best of all I too own a Willy McDougal and its lovely to hear someone else play it for a change so I could dance to it . I also recall trying to keep something in my head that you played for future ref...for some reason I attached football and Rodney Marsh to my memory assiciation tag ? perhaps you can throw some light on what sound that might have been :hatsoff2: I loved hearing Mojo Mama along with a great the absolutley bliss Steve Mancha I think it was you who tucked in . I know it sounded very grooooovsville but I can't recall the title right now.

Big Thanks to Ricky W for driving us to the car park in the early hours when it was raining, he was a god send :thumbsup:

No Problem Carms I think you remember more of my set then me :thumbsup:

It was James Marsh and I played it after Steve Mancha as I think they work well together. Its not well know and even harder to get hold of but does sound very Groovesville though it's not even Detroit, it's one of those tunes you just ache to play to the right crowd. Just glad it was appreciated. :hatsoff2:

Guest alfroggy

Fantastic night at the Winter Gardens...Top Tunes played in all 3 rooms..Enjoyed sampling the sounds in all the rooms throughout the evening/morning [mind boggling]..... superb venue....Well Done to Kev/Richard and all the Djs for a Quality event...and a special thank you to Keith Babs Ginger and Rod...Roll on the next one... Froggy

Edited by alfroggy

That'll be me, :) so thanks Carms. The room had thinned out a little by then and it was a bit hard to guage exactly what the remainder were looking for but I think I tried a bit of everything from the well known to the obscure.

As someone whose history with the is Winter Gardens long and varied I have to confess to having mixed feelings about it being started up again but I must say it was a resounding sucess.

Sorry We Didn't Stay Until The End But I Should Of Bought A BIG Bottle Of Philosan Really wanted To Hear Your Spot Ged!! Maybe For The Birthday :no: All Being Well :) Atb John.

Just recovering from Blackpool!

Sat here typing away thinking of the dilemma I had whilst trying to decide between Bob Hinsley in the rare room, Kev Roberts in the main room or Richard Serling in Modern Room, a dilemma I wish I could have at every Allnighter!

The venue is a new one for me, The Winter Gardens right near the Tower, obviously this had a had a fair few quid spent on it as the facilities are ultra-modern with a unique atmospheric theme in the rare room and the main hall that looks olde worldy without being over the top or fake, the occasion is set as soon as you walk in yet you do feel very familiar and quite at home, difficult to put into words but the place works really well and just takes instantly to that Allnighter ambiance with its high ceiling and polished wooden dance floor.

The place has had an expensive refurbishment yet it feels as if it has all been done for our crowd rather than the young "Disposable" set who often care nothing for elegance such as this, any way enough of the venue suffice to say that it was impressive and memorable all for the right reasons!

The line-up was to die for! I am a regular Allnighter goer and on this night there where three different allnightrers to choose from and I was very aware of the impact my choice may have had as far as bums on seats are concerned, I do feel for the promoters but my analogy is one of the cinema. Cinema multi plex has been with us for ever now and it has not killed small independent films and what the paying public want is choice, and that is a good thing like it or not. The choice is not about doing one Allnighter in particular, we can take now from Colom A, B and C so a wider and more varied experience can be had by all. Venues clashing are often unavoidable and I do wish there was a solution but I take solace in knowing that I support the many different Allnightrers across the calendar.

Blackpool gave its own flavour, my hat is well and truly doffed for the inclusion of The Modern Room, the Modern crowd often get the shitty end of the stick at Nighters and I think it's only Radcliff that give the Modern punter a real quality product, again I thank them for this!

Richard Serling gave a brilliant account of himself, he is a true hero of mine and apart from me asking for the tempo to be increased, he could do no wrong! Bob Hinsley was the star that he always is and the diversity and true magnificence of his set is mind blowing, his records are tip top and he came straight from the rare room to switch heads like Worzel Gummidge and cracked on to spin his Modern Magic!

Pete Haigh did a blinding spot, as always, and his love of quality dance is infectious and very apparent as soon as he spins his discs, I am left with a string of unidentified tunes whizzing around in my head and I'll be eagerly trying to track these down to enjoy once more.

Man of the match for me was Jim Hargreaves who put his stamp on the room giving a truly high quality performance that transferred immediately onto the dance floor bringing a few people onto the floor who were passing through the room being caught in his spell!

I would recommend this to any Modern Soul fan and I would also recommend this to anyone who just wants to go and have a look what's happening on this side of the scene.

All in all it was a terrific Allnighter, we will definitely be back in September and I thank everyone involved.

Never too much is Mary J Bligeyes.gif, a great version

I may be wrong, I usually am, but the Mary J Blige - Never Too Much was a tad quicker on the tempo on Saturday night? Maybe I just had my dancing ears on and it seemed a bit faster but I am not convinced that it was Mary J Blige??

Hey Mista Deejay can you help please and ting

Guest highlander

A great summing up there simon, just about captured everything. I Have been to previous soul do's there and it is a fantastic venue, and the spanish ballroom is very atmospheric, like the tower , but not as fancy. In your modern room appraisal you didn't mention colin curtis. As i had to leave early, [ 3 ish] i didn't see him . Was he on do you know?

Edited by highlander
Guest highlander

A great summing up there simon, just about captured everything. I Have been to previous soul do's there and it is a fantastic venue, and the spanish ballroom is very atmospheric, like the tower , but not as fancy. In your modern room appraisal you didn't mention colin curtis. As i had to leave early, [ 3 ish] i didn't see him . Was he on do you know?

Guest highlander

Edited by highlander

Colin was in Manchester at The Band On The Wall.

Bob Hinsley stood in for Colin.:lol:

Guest rosemary

I may be wrong, I usually am, but the Mary J Blige - Never Too Much was a tad quicker on the tempo on Saturday night? Maybe I just had my dancing ears on and it seemed a bit faster but I am not convinced that it was Mary J Blige??

Hey Mista Deejay can you help please and ting

was it Thelma Houston's version????

Kinell it's like being at Wigan again trying to get a handle on the tracks being played!

I love it!!!! Need conformation from the Disc Masters

Exiting night with some belting soul music.

Top totty present as well!

Think the George Benson "Love x Love" was the KOKO edit on Gamm - not the one posted above.

Just recovering from Blackpool!

Blackpool gave its own flavour, my hat is well and truly doffed for the inclusion of The Modern Room, the Modern crowd often get the shitty end of the stick at Nighters and I think it's only Radcliff that give the Modern punter a real quality product, again I thank them for this!

Richard Serling gave a brilliant account of himself, he is a true hero of mine and apart from me asking for the tempo to be increased, he could do no wrong! Bob Hinsley was the star that he always is and the diversity and true magnificence of his set is mind blowing, his records are tip top and he came straight from the rare room to switch heads like Worzel Gummidge and cracked on to spin his Modern Magic!

Pete Haigh did a blinding spot, as always, and his love of quality dance is infectious and very apparent as soon as he spins his discs, I am left with a string of unidentified tunes whizzing around in my head and I'll be eagerly trying to track these down to enjoy once more.

Man of the match for me was Jim Hargreaves who put his stamp on the room giving a truly high quality performance that transferred immediately onto the dance floor bringing a few people onto the floor who were passing through the room being caught in his spell!

I would recommend this to any Modern Soul fan and I would also recommend this to anyone who just wants to go and have a look what's happening on this side of the scene.

All in all it was a terrific Allnighter, we will definitely be back in September and I thank everyone involved.

What a fantastic compliment to the modern guys who I know ALWAYS do the business but sometimes don't get the accolade they deserve. As I couldnt make it on Saturday part of me is pxssed off after reading your post but a bigger part of me is proud as punch especially of my good friend Jim Hargreaves :thumbup:

If Jim reads this, I know your secret :wave: "x xxxx xxx xxx I think you u r great" ............. too :yes::no: x

was it Thelma Houston's version????

That will be it Rosemary & I would think it was Bob that played it as I had kittens when I first heard it out & it was Bob who put me on to the album "A Woman's Touch" Hope this helps Simon thumbsup.gif x

Source Advert