A Taste Of Honey 3Rd Anniversary

Guest Bearsoul

Guest Bearsoul

FIRST AND FOREMOST A MASSIVE THANKYOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE OUR THIRD ANNIVERSARY A DAY TO REMEMBER !

APOLOGIES FOR MIX-UP WITH OUR PATRON DAVE OVER A BOOKING TAKEN IN ADVANCE FOR DINERS WHO DIDN'T APPEAR, I WASN'T HAPPY AND WAS AS SUPRISED AS YOU, SO THANKYOU FOR BEING SO CONSIDERATE !

THE DAY JUST SEEMED TO FLY BY IT FELT MORE LIKE A BIG FAMILY PARTY THAN A REGULAR EVENT I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT DAY , I KNOW WE DID !

SO MANY GREAT TUNES FROM ALL OUR GROOVEY GUESTS I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN (LOVED THE HUGH BOYNTON ON 'LANOR' WHICH DALE PLAYED)

BUDGIE JOINED PAUL HAVEKIN (AS TONY JACKSON COULDN'T MAKE IT) STUNNING STUFF CHAPS ! LOVED THE GOSPEL ESPECIALLY 'WADE IN THE WATER' RATHER FITTING FOR A SUNDAY AND SOUNDED LUSH !

SO HUGE THANKS TO ALL OUR GROOVEY DISC-JOCKEYS :

ANDY HUDSON (LOVE THAT LADY DAY TRACK AND SOUNDED JUST PERFECT IN A SMALL INTIMATE VENUE LIKE THE HELLFIRE)

PHIL SHIELDS GAVE US THE USUAL IMMACULATE QUALITY AND AS ALWAYS A REAL PLEASURE TO SHARE THE DECKS WITH HIM FOR THE FINALE

MATT SMART JUST GETS BETTER!

DAVE RIMMER WAS ON FIRE (NOT LITERALLY) TOP DRAWER !

GRANT RANKIN SHOULD BE 'TOP RANKING' (SORRY FOR BAD PUN GRANT) CRACKING TUNES BIND ABOUT THE ACCENTS MISHAP...GRANT WILL ENLARGE ON THAT HOPEFULLY !

DALE BYERS & ANDY BELLWOOD ACE TUNES GUYS , GREAT TO HEAR 'CLOSED FOR THE SEASON' PERFECTO !!!!

THE WILLINGHAM COLLECTIVE , WHAT'S TO SAY ? ALLWAYS ON THE BALL/BOIL CLASS !!!

THAT J.D.WILLINGHAM TRACK JUST GETS BETTER EVRYTIME I HEAR IT !!!!!!!!!!

MASSIVE THANKS TO SIR KENNETH AITCHISON WHO IS NOW FRONT-DOOR KENNY FOR DOING THE DOOR (NOT A NEW DANCE CRAZE) AND MAKING SURE EVERYONE HAD ONE OF THE GROOVEY CDs COMPILED BY CARL WILLINGHAM ! WE SALUTE YOU KEN YOUR A STAR!!!!

AS ALWAYS BIG BIG THANKYOU TO CARLOS FOR HIS SUPPORT AND HELP IN MAKING 'A TASTE OF HONEY' FLOW (ALMOST) EFORTLESSLEY !!!!!!!!! SO TA GENERALISIMO V !!!!

SO MANY FRIENDS OLD AND NEW MADE FOR A SUBLIME DAY OF CAROUSING TO A SOUNDTRACK SURELY MADE IN HEAVEN .

SORRY TO LIZ FOSTER FOR MY RENDITION OF HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUT HOPE YOU HAD A TOP DAY AND ENJOYED THE CAKE !!!!!!!

I'M SURE THERE'S A LOT MORE CAN BE SAID BUT I'LL LEAVE THAT TO YOU!

ONCE AGAIN ..... MASSIVE THANKS FOR YOUR COMPANY !!!!

HOPE TO CY'ALL ON SUNDAY NOVEMBER 7TH FOR OUR NEXT SPOONFULL OF HONEY !!!!!!!

KEEP CHECKING EVENTS CALENDAR FOR LINE-UP

ALSO OUR XMAS BONANZA ON SUNDAY DECEMBER 5TH WITH A VERITABLE CORNUCOPIA OF DELIGHTS TO KICK-OFF THE FESTIVE SEASON.....ESCAPE THE DREADED CRIMBO SHOPPING FOR THE AFTERNOON/DAY AND JOIN US FOR A MINCE-PIE AND A FEW TUNES !!!!!!

CPTN M X

post-501-063384100 1283171161_thumb.jpg

Edited by bearsoul
  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

thumbsup.gif

FIRST AND FOREMOST A MASSIVE THANKYOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE OUR THIRD ANNIVERSARY A DAY TO REMEMBER !

APOLOGIES FOR MIX-UP WITH OUR PATRON DAVE OVER A BOOKING TAKEN IN ADVANCE FOR DINERS WHO DIDN'T APPEAR, I WASN'T HAPPY AND WAS AS SUPRISED AS YOU, SO THANKYOU FOR BEING SO CONSIDERATE !

THE DAY JUST SEEMED TO FLY BY IT FELT MORE LIKE A BIG FAMILY PARTY THAN A REGULAR EVENT I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT DAY , I KNOW WE DID !

SO MANY GREAT TUNES FROM ALL OUR GROOVEY GUESTS I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN (LOVED THE HUGH BOYNTON ON 'LANOR' WHICH DALE PLAYED)

BUDGIE JOINED PAUL HAVEKIN (AS TONY JACKSON COULDN'T MAKE IT) STUNNING STUFF CHAPS ! LOVED THE GOSPEL ESPECIALLY 'WADE IN THE WATER' RATHER FITTING FOR A SUNDAY AND SOUNDED LUSH !

SO HUGE THANKS TO ALL OUR GROOVEY DISC-JOCKEYS :

ANDY HUDSON (LOVE THAT LADY DAY TRACK AND SOUNDED JUST PERFECT IN A SMALL INTIMATE VENUE LIKE THE HELLFIRE)

PHIL SHIELDS GAVE US THE USUAL IMMACULATE QUALITY AND AS ALWAYS A REAL PLEASURE TO SHARE THE DECKS WITH HIM FOR THE FINALE

MATT SMART JUST GETS BETTER!

DAVE RIMMER WAS ON FIRE (NOT LITERALLY) TOP DRAWER !

GRANT RANKIN SHOULD BE 'TOP RANKING' (SORRY FOR BAD PUN GRANT) CRACKING TUNES BIND ABOUT THE ACCENTS MISHAP...GRANT WILL ENLARGE ON THAT HOPEFULLY !

DALE BYERS & ANDY BELLWOOD ACE TUNES GUYS , GREAT TO HEAR 'CLOSED FOR THE SEASON' PERFECTO !!!!

THE WILLINGHAM COLLECTIVE , WHAT'S TO SAY ? ALLWAYS ON THE BALL/BOIL CLASS !!!

THAT J.D.WILLINGHAM TRACK JUST GETS BETTER EVRYTIME I HEAR IT !!!!!!!!!!

MASSIVE THANKS TO SIR KENNETH AITCHISON WHO IS NOW FRONT-DOOR KENNY FOR DOING THE DOOR (NOT A NEW DANCE CRAZE) AND MAKING SURE EVERYONE HAD ONE OF THE GROOVEY CDs COMPILED BY CARL WILLINGHAM ! WE SALUTE YOU KEN YOUR A STAR!!!!

AS ALWAYS BIG BIG THANKYOU TO CARLOS FOR HIS SUPPORT AND HELP IN MAKING 'A TASTE OF HONEY' FLOW (ALMOST) EFORTLESSLEY !!!!!!!!! SO TA GENERALISIMO V !!!!

SO MANY FRIENDS OLD AND NEW MADE FOR A SUBLIME DAY OF CAROUSING TO A SOUNDTRACK SURELY MADE IN HEAVEN .

SORRY TO LIZ FOSTER FOR MY RENDITION OF HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUT HOPE YOU HAD A TOP DAY AND ENJOYED THE CAKE !!!!!!!

I'M SURE THERE'S A LOT MORE CAN BE SAID BUT I'LL LEAVE THAT TO YOU!

ONCE AGAIN ..... MASSIVE THANKS FOR YOUR COMPANY !!!!

HOPE TO CY'ALL ON SUNDAY NOVEMBER 7TH FOR OUR NEXT SPOONFULL OF HONEY !!!!!!!

KEEP CHECKING EVENTS CALENDAR FOR LINE-UP

ALSO OUR XMAS BONANZA ON SUNDAY DECEMBER 5TH WITH A VERITABLE CORNUCOPIA OF DELIGHTS TO KICK-OFF THE FESTIVE SEASON.....ESCAPE THE DREADED CRIMBO SHOPPING FOR THE AFTERNOON/DAY AND JOIN US FOR A MINCE-PIE AND A FEW TUNES !!!!!!

CPTN M X

Thanks Bearsoul always a pleasure. Once again I had a great time and as Bearsoul said the day just flew by listening to great music :yes: and talking to great people :D , many of whom told me "this is great its like a big family and everybody is so friendly and the music sublime" So what else can I say, thank you to all our friends that came from as far as Northern Ireland, London, the Middlands, Scotland, Yorkshire and of course all our friends from the North West, it was great to see you all at a very full Taste of Honey at the Hell Fire Club. Lets do it again and again. Have a great time till we meet again. :D Carlos

Guest Bearsoul

NEARLY FORGOT FOLKS !!!!

A FEW OF US WERE HORSING ABOUT WITH THE TOP-HAT AND MAD WIG OFF ONE OF THE DUMMIES AT THE HELLFIRE CLUB AND SOMEONE MUST HAVE LEFT WEARING IT... SO IF ANYONES GOT IT NO BIG PROBLEM WE'VE ALL DONE DAFT THINGS...(.WELL I HAVE ANYWAY laugh.gif ) CAN YOU RETURN IT TO ME WHEN YA SEE ME OR THE CLUB OR NEXT DO ON NOV 7TH IF NOT BEFORE

JUST PM ME IF ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT IT AS DAVE WOULD LIKE IT BACK IF POSS

CHEERS

CHRIS :yes:

NEARLY FORGOT FOLKS !!!!

A FEW OF US WERE HORSING ABOUT WITH THE TOP-HAT AND MAD WIG OFF ONE OF THE DUMMIES AT THE HELLFIRE CLUB AND SOMEONE MUST HAVE LEFT WEARING IT... SO IF ANYONES GOT IT NO BIG PROBLEM WE'VE ALL DONE DAFT THINGS...(.WELL I HAVE ANYWAY laugh.gif ) CAN YOU RETURN IT TO ME WHEN YA SEE ME OR THE CLUB OR NEXT DO ON NOV 7TH IF NOT BEFORE

JUST PM ME IF ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT IT AS DAVE WOULD LIKE IT BACK IF POSS

CHEERS

Sorry I couldn't be there guy's......family commitments and all that.......sounds like I missed a great day.....but that was a given.....deffo be there for the next instalment....Chris, save me a CD mate .....Tony

Phew just about recovered from the dreaded Dortmunder as ever a brilliant day top drawer music from all the jocks and really friendly folks,could'nt help but giggle at the young couple trying to enjoy a romantic meal for two while mayhem ensues all round them.We'll do it again in November thanks to everyone for a great Sunday especially Chris and Carlos. ATB Steve,Conrad and Jimmy

Possibily the best ATOH yet ( praise indeed as they have all been very good) - only sorry had to leave early for baby sittin' duties .

Lots there and tunes to die for , Wonderful to meet Grant - crackin' set , love the Pearl Jones 45 .

As always brill to double deck with Dale and special thanks to the good Cpt for hosting another stormin event - fab day ,

Always love coming across to Manchester - a great soul scene and top notch people

Look forward to seeing the playlists posted

Fantastic cd from the Willinghams

Edited by andybellwood

fantastic day and turnout, think even the romantic diners enjoyed it. great to meet andy b, dale (top man), matt, ken to name but a few and the usual fun with Mr Rimmer. and of course the heywood/rochdale contingent. will put up my playlist soon. roll on november!!!:yes:

Guest Bearsoul

Sorry I couldn't be there guy's......family commitments and all that.......sounds like I missed a great day.....but that was a given.....deffo be there for the next instalment....Chris, save me a CD mate .....Tony

SHAME TONY IT WAS A BLINDER !!!!!!

ALL CDs WENT BUT I'LL RUN YOU ONE OFF NO PROBLEM !!!!!!!!

PLUS THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING HAT ( BIT CONAN-DOYLE FOLKS) SOLVED SO SUPER GREAT SMASHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CPTN M :)

Guest Bearsoul

Phew just about recovered from the dreaded Dortmunder as ever a brilliant day top drawer music from all the jocks and really friendly folks,could'nt help but giggle at the young couple trying to enjoy a romantic meal for two while mayhem ensues all round them.We'll do it again in November thanks to everyone for a great Sunday especially Chris and Carlos. ATB Steve,Conrad and Jimmy

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP IF YA TRIED COULD YA :)

ACE TO CYA AS ALWAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!

I RECKON NOV 7TH WILL BE UPON US BEFORE Y'ALL CAN SAY ' SMOKEY ROBINSON'

CHRIS :hatsoff2:

Guest Bearsoul

Possibily the best ATOH yet ( praise indeed as they have all been very good) - only sorry had to leave early for baby sittin' duties .

Lots there and tunes to die for , Wonderful to meet Grant - crackin' set , love the Pearl Jones 45 .

As always brill to double deck with Dale and special thanks to the good Cpt for hosting another stormin event - fab day ,

Always love coming across to Manchester - a great soul scene and top notch people

Look forward to seeing the playlists posted

Fantastic cd from the Willingams

AN ABSOLUTE CRACKER ANDY THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR IMPUT AND SUPPORT, BIG LUV TO DENISE !!!!!!!!!!!!

CHRIS :)

Guest Bearsoul

fantastic day and turnout, think even the romantic diners enjoyed it. great to meet andy b, dale (top man), matt, ken to name but a few and the usual fun with Mr Rimmer. and of course the heywood/rochdale contingent. will put up my playlist soon. roll on november!!!:)

THEY MUST HAVE THOUGHT THEY WERE PARTAKING IN SOME BIZZARE REALITY TV SHOW !!!!!!!! :hatsoff2:

Guest Bearsoul

A FEW TUNES I SPUN WITH CPL SHIELDS LAST HOUR OF A GROOVETASTIC DAY !!!!

I'M SURE PHIL WILL PHIL IN THE GAPS !!!!!!!!!!

THE MASQUERADERS - I GOT THE POWER - LA BEAT

JIMMY MACK - GO ON - PALMER

JIMMY BEAUMONT - YOU GOT TOO MUCH GOING FOR YOU - UK LONDON AMERICAN

THE DELLS - MAKE SURE - CADET

MARLENE & THE DEBANETTES - BAD LOVE - SUNBURST

JOHHNY CASWELL - ALL MIXED UP - UNNISUED

THE SHOWMEN - THE WRONG GIRL - UK LONDON AMERICAN

TRUETONES - HE'S GOT NERVE - SOULVILLE

JAY DARROW - SOUL NEIGHBOURHOOD - UNNISUED

UNKNOWN - TURNED AROUND - UNNISUED

LOU COURTNEY - DONT IT HURT - UNNISUED

THE PROPHETS - I DON'T LOVE YOU NO MORE BABY - JUBILEE

THE ROYAL FIVE - SAY IT TO MY FACE - TYLER

THE SUPERBS - I WAS BLIND - DORE

BOBBY HUTTON - COME SEE WHAT'S LEFT OF ME - PHILLIPS

RAY POLLARD - THIS TIME - SHRINE

JIMMY MACK - MY WORLD IS ON FIRE - PALMER

THE SPECIALS - DO NOTHING - 2 TONE

Guest Bearsoul

Well what can I say we wasnt sure at first but turned out to be a good day , good tunes, good people, & good laugh

Will post pics up soon

:hatsoff2: IT IS A BIT UNCONVENTIONAL, SO GLAD YOU STUCK AROUND AND EVEN HAPPIER THAT YOU HAD A GOOD TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOKIN FORWARD TO THE PICS, WE'VE GOT A FEW TOO !!

CHRIS :)

½ of the Dale n Andy play list i'm sure Dale will post his soon

:)

Larry Birdsong 'Somebody help me (find the one I love)' SUR-SPEED thanks Chris

Jimmy Richards 'I won't be responsible' A&M

Watson T Brown 'Some lovin' ' OKEH

Richard Stoute 'What bag I'm in' STICKY

Jeanette 'Baby' Washington 'I ve got to breakaway' MASTER FIVE

Norman Connors feat Prince Phillip Mitchell 'Once I 've been there' BUDDAH

Fresh Flavor 'Without you baby, I 'm a loser' BUDDAH

Nate Evans 'The look on your face' DRP

Bobby Lacour 'I found what I wanted' HEP ME

Lula Reed 'Walk on by me' TANGERINE

Nina Simone 'Touching and caring' BELLAPHON

Eddie Ray 'Glad I found you' PRIX

Joseph Ceeman c/u

The Lost Soul 'A secret of mine' (Raven)

Edited by andybellwood

PLUS THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING HAT ( BIT CONAN-DOYLE FOLKS) SOLVED SO SUPER GREAT SMASHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last person I saw wearing it was you...:wicked:

post-1225-061300200 1283201476_thumb.jpg

:yes: IT IS A BIT UNCONVENTIONAL

Perfect description but that's what's so good...:hatsoff2:

Always love it at Hellfire, didn't have much of a dance head on this time but thoroughly enjoyed listening, chatting and as ever, the company was spot on...:)

Thax Captn & Carlos Great day. Mel enjoyed it, and the Roast Chicken :D . The company was just mortal, the next step being god like, The Williingham Collective, Phil Shields, Dave Rimmer and yourself Bearsoul. Then there was us next step to Hellfire Andy Bellwood, Dale Byers, Brocki :no: what a Lady if she was only Russian, if not vodka is middle name. Sian the quite one till she has caffiaen and the devils horns appear. Then there's me, the next step up from John Balushi, great life but never made part 2, saying that part one is great. :yes:

I must say arriving first was a plus, the Landlord was just opening up, company car a Hirst wot other "benifits" :( and Myself and Phil played some tune too no one but the Landlord and Carlos and Baresoul. I found a tune I had played at home and put it on played it loud and if I don't say so myself What a F****ng :) tune Aretha Franklin "Brand New Me" :yes: My mate Trevski will like that one. :(

The music was incredible, never herd a tune twice apart from "Back Stabbers" I played the Ojays and Carl and Maria played Van Mcoy orch, they may have been more but thats all I picked up on. :hatsoff2:

T'was ashame the top hat and wig was spirited away, :yes: I hope it does not affect future events as I am looking forward to the Nov and Christmas :wicked:

Just like to thank Chris for asking me a while a go to play some tune, that long ago England won the world cup and Spurs won the double

Thank you to Phill Shields and Jo Brock for taking myself and Mel and making it more memorable.

Some tunes IN NO ORDER

O'JAYS "BACK STABBERS" CBS

THE MIRACLES "IF YOUR MOTHER ONLY KNEW" TAMLA

THE PRECISIONS "INSTANT HEARTBREAK (JUST ADD TEARS)" DREW D

CLIFF NOBLES "LOVE IS ALL RIGHT" PHIL-L.A. OF SOUL

BETTY LOGAN "A LOT TO LEARN" GAYE

KENI LEWIS "NOT THE MARRYING KIND" TEST PRESS

GEORGE JAY & THE ROCKIN RAVENS "SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME" DYNAMIC

ETTA JAMES "SEVEN DAY FOOL" ARGO

GIL SCOTT HERON "LADY DAY & JOHN COLTRANE" FLYING DUTCHMAN

BARBARA GREEN "YOUNG BOY" VIVID

GALE GARNET "I'LL CRY ALONE" R.C.A. D

ARETHA FRANKLIN "BRAND NEW ME " ATLANTIC

THE DELLS "ON THE DOCK OF THE BAY" CADET

ANDREA DAVIS "YOU GAVE ME SOUL" CHESS

CARRIE CLEVELAND "MAKE LOVE TO ME" AUDIO-ENT

THE CHANTELLS WITH THE AQUA LADS "I'LL NEVER KNOW" AQUA

THE CAPITALS "I GOT TO HANDLE IT" KEREN

BOBBY BLAND "LOVER WITH A REPUTATION" DUKE

ORTHEA BARNS "YOUR PICTURE ON THE WALL" MICKAY

HERBIE MANN & TOMIKO JONES "1 2 3" ATLANTIC LP "A MANN AND A WOMAN"

MIXED FEELINGS "SHA-LA-LA" SOUL-CAL12"

Many thanks Chris and Carlos for a fabulous day out and a chance to spin a few tunes as well.

Really cant add much to whats allready been said,but the company all day was amazing,and the music played just superb.

Great to meet ya Grant and Matt nice to put faces to names hope to see ya at the next t.o.h.

Quite simple really, was all fingers and thumbs getting it out the sleeve due to a very sore arm I was sporting on the day (no sympathy from Sandy!!:rolleyes: ) and the 45 hit the table side on and took a nice V-shaped chunk out of the run-in. Only got it last week and hadnt played it yet!! Ah well some u win and all that. so on the hunt for another copy:)

Guest Bearsoul

Quite simple really, was all fingers and thumbs getting it out the sleeve due to a very sore arm I was sporting on the day (no sympathy from Sandy!!:D ) and the 45 hit the table side on and took a nice V-shaped chunk out of the run-in. Only got it last week and hadnt played it yet!! Ah well some u win and all that. so on the hunt for another copy:)

will keep a look out for one on my ramblings, i've done similar myself including sitting on a pile of 45s, well more like falling on them ......... otherwise hope you had a gudun !!!!!!! Ta big time for playing ............ And ta everyone again for such a great day !!!!!!!!!! Inside and outside the Hellfire !!!

The Magic Bus from Rugby was very busy , spent sometime in it myself, and Ken those liner notes by Woody Allen on The Checkmates LP are priceless !!!!!!!!!!!

Cptn M :rolleyes:

Guest Bearsoul

Great atmosphere and quality tunes and a big thank you for making us feel welcome hatsoff2.gif

The pleasure was all ours and hope you'll join us again !!!!!!!!!!!

Chris :rolleyes:

Some tunes IN NO ORDER

O'JAYS "BACK STABBERS" CBS

THE MIRACLES "IF YOUR MOTHER ONLY KNEW" TAMLA

THE PRECISIONS "INSTANT HEARTBREAK (JUST ADD TEARS)" DREW D

CLIFF NOBLES "LOVE IS ALL RIGHT" PHIL-L.A. OF SOUL

BETTY LOGAN "A LOT TO LEARN" GAYE

KENI LEWIS "NOT THE MARRYING KIND" TEST PRESS

GEORGE JAY & THE ROCKIN RAVENS "SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME" DYNAMIC

ETTA JAMES "SEVEN DAY FOOL" ARGO

GIL SCOTT HERON "LADY DAY & JOHN COLTRANE" FLYING DUTCHMAN

BARBARA GREEN "YOUNG BOY" VIVID

GALE GARNET "I'LL CRY ALONE" R.C.A. D

ARETHA FRANKLIN "BRAND NEW ME " ATLANTIC

THE DELLS "ON THE DOCK OF THE BAY" CADET

ANDREA DAVIS "YOU GAVE ME SOUL" CHESS

CARRIE CLEVELAND "MAKE LOVE TO ME" AUDIO-ENT

THE CHANTELLS WITH THE AQUA LADS "I'LL NEVER KNOW" AQUA

THE CAPITALS "I GOT TO HANDLE IT" KEREN

BOBBY BLAND "LOVER WITH A REPUTATION" DUKE

ORTHEA BARNS "YOUR PICTURE ON THE WALL" MICKAY

HERBIE MANN & TOMIKO JONES "1 2 3" ATLANTIC LP "A MANN AND A WOMAN"

MIXED FEELINGS "SHA-LA-LA" SOUL-CAL12"

great set Andy - Mixed Feelings sounded sooo good - old Keb Darge play :rolleyes:

Well nice to team up with Andy again....

the paramount four - you dont know (southern city)

the turn-a-rounds - cant take it anymore (minit)

bettye swann - my heart is closed for the season (capitol)

ray pettis - together forever - (dee-dee)

virgil henry - i'll be true (colossus) requested

enchanted five - have you ever (c.v.s)

tom emmanual and the - when you lose youre groove (golden three )

ron experience

jimmy burns - your gonna miss me (tip top) for brocky

sea shells - quite home (villige) for brocky

carol moore - forever and a day (jobete acetate)

hugh boynton - girl i feel it (lanor) glad ya liked it chris

thanks again to all had a fantastic day .......see ya all november.....:rolleyes:

well My first visit to the Hell fire club, and of course as I guessed, its an exstention of Chris's personallity:D

very quirky but fun at the same time, where else can you sit down with a sunday dinner with a quality Dj playing out some fabulous tunage as your munching away....no where I dont think:thumbsup:

have to say a massive thankyou to Sian for being a taxi service for us, and to Dave..(you know why)what good mates we have..in fact , if it had not been for you lot, we might have had to stop in again:thumbsup:love and kisses to all of you in that sticky licky soul mobile..

great to catch up with Dale and have a good chin wag ect. Jo, allways a scream,and its been a long time since we saw C& C.

so all in all a wonderful time,although I was quieter than normal..but I am reserving my energie:yes:roll on nov 7th, and I hope I get a cake, as its my 30th birthday:lol::D:rolleyes:

Well we had a fab day at the Hellfire, brilliant tunes and great company :D

It was a pleasure to play a few early doors with Andy Hudson and finish the night of with the Captain, thanks guys

Look forward to the next one in November but I'll have to buy some new flights as Ryanair are no longer flying from Belfast :lol:

I've listed a few of the bits I played below but not too sure in order :rolleyes:

The Sultans "I Wanna Know" Ascot

The Monzas "Instant Love" Pacific

The Fashions "Why Don't You Stay A Little Longer" Barry

Ray and the Belaires "The Blame Is On You" Arv

The Embers "Just Crazy 'Bout You Baby" EEE

Arthur Alexander "Keep Her Guessin'" Dot

Sonny Daye "Long Long Road To Happiness" Power

The Tropics "Hey You Little Girl" Topic

Mickey Buckins and the New Breed "Silly Girl" Norala

Ruby and the Romantics "Much Better Off Than I've Ever Been" Kapp

Jay Wiggins "My Lonely Girl" JW

Tommy Turner "Lazy" El Bam

Clarence Hill "When Sonny Comes Strollin' Home" Mainstream

Sammy Ambrose "Welcome To Dreamsville" Musicor

Bobby London and the Ambassadors "If ThereIs Anything" Spyder

The Dynamic Deadbeats Band "Movin' Out" Greenedem

Spider Turner "I've Got To Get Myself Together" Good Time

See you next time :lol:

Quite simple really, was all fingers and thumbs getting it out the sleeve due to a very sore arm I was sporting on the day (no sympathy from Sandy!!wink.gif ) and the 45 hit the table side on and took a nice V-shaped chunk out of the run-in. Only got it last week and hadnt played it yet!! Ah well some u win and all that. so on the hunt for another copy:)

NOPE :no:

Sandy

Guest mattRSC

Another Great day at the Hell Fire Club. Nice to catch up with and meet some new A.T.O.H.Groovers (too many to mention but i'm sure i'll bump in to you all soon)

I always enjoy playing at this one as the pressure of keeping the dance floor going is not there making it comfortable to mix your set up. The atmosphere is friendly which also plays a big part.

Here's my play list,

Ambers - I love you baby - VERVE

Little Flint - Pain - BEAST

Bobby Valentin - Use it before you lose use it - FANIA

Explosive Dynamiks - Whole lotta love - LEMCO

Gino Washington - I'll be around (when you want me) MALA

Marvin L.. Sims - Get off my back - REVUE

Betty Moorer - Speed up - WAND

Bottom & Company - Gonna find a true love - MOTOWN

TSU Toronados - Please heart don't break - RAMPART STREET

Epitome of Sound - Where were you - SANDBAG

Sunny & the Sunliners - If I could see you now - RPR

Clovers - One more time (come on) - PORWIN

Harold Burrage - Fifty / Fifty - M-PAC

Art Benton - Sweet loving - CHRIS

Jackie Beavers Show - We're not too you to fall in love - MAINSTREAM

Deon Jackson - You gotta love - CARLA

Joe Simon - You are the one - SPRING

Bud Harper - Let it rain - PEACOCK

Romance Watson - Where does that leave me - CORAL

Tony Milddleton - Spanish maiden - SPEED

Montclaires - Hey you! don't fight it - ARCH

Inverts - Look out love - TOWER

Bobby Reed - Time is right for love - BELL

Hopefully see you at the next one for more hell fire madness

Matt :no:

and heres what i managed to play without breaking them:huh:

embers - first time

gentleman june gardner - its gonna rain

danelle darris - lets do the shotgun

patti austin - someones gonna cry

pearl jones - please stay

eddie and ernie - cant be still

john bowie - youre gonna miss a good thing

rivingtons - years of tears

silky hargreaves - love lets try it again

willie parker - ive got to fight it

lewis clark - i need your loving so bad

liz lands - midnight johnny

mac and barb & gamuts - hold me tighter

the dynamics - i need your love

perk lee - the docks

jo ann garrett - a whole new plan

marion james - im the woman for you

buck rogers movement - take it from me girl

the masters - i need your love

the chaumonts - love is the thing

sandpipers - lonely too long

danelle darris - dont love me and leave me

Guest Bearsoul

well My first visit to the Hell fire club, and of course as I guessed, its an exstention of Chris's personallity:D

very quirky but fun at the same time, where else can you sit down with a sunday dinner with a quality Dj playing out some fabulous tunage as your munching away....no where I dont think:thumbsup:

have to say a massive thankyou to Sian for being a taxi service for us, and to Dave..(you know why)what good mates we have..in fact , if it had not been for you lot, we might have had to stop in again:thumbsup:love and kisses to all of you in that sticky licky soul mobile..

great to catch up with Dale and have a good chin wag ect. Jo, allways a scream,and its been a long time since we saw C& C.

so all in all a wonderful time,although I was quieter than normal..but I am reserving my energie:yes:roll on nov 7th, and I hope I get a cake, as its my 30th birthday:lol:no.gif:D

CAKE !!!!!!!! GOES WITHOUT SAYING 'LADY SOUL' !!!!!!!!!!! REALLY ACE TO SEE YOU N SIR WOODY .... TRULY !!!!!!! AND WE'RE GONNA CYA AGAIN SATURDAY ... BLIMEY IT'S ALL GUD INNIT !!!!!!! SHOULD BE ARMED WITH FLYERS WHEN ALL CONFIRMED !!!!!!! ROLL ON THE WEEKEND FOR THE INAUGURAL DISCIPLES OF SOUL GROOVEY NITER !!!!!!!! BIG BIG LUV !!!!! 30 ??? YOU AINT THAT OLD RU ??? :yes:

C&C XXX

Guest Bearsoul

Another Great day at the Hell Fire Club. Nice to catch up with and meet some new A.T.O.H.Groovers (too many to mention but i'm sure i'll bump in to you all soon)

I always enjoy playing at this one as the pressure of keeping the dance floor going is not there making it comfortable to mix your set up. The atmosphere is friendly which also plays a big part.

Here's my play list,

Ambers - I love you baby - VERVE

Little Flint - Pain - BEAST

Bobby Valentin - Use it before you lose use it - FANIA

Explosive Dynamiks - Whole lotta love - LEMCO

Gino Washington - I'll be around (when you want me) MALA

Marvin L.. Sims - Get off my back - REVUE

Betty Moorer - Speed up - WAND

Bottom & Company - Gonna find a true love - MOTOWN

TSU Toronados - Please heart don't break - RAMPART STREET

Epitome of Sound - Where were you - SANDBAG

Sunny & the Sunliners - If I could see you now - RPR

Clovers - One more time (come on) - PORWIN

Harold Burrage - Fifty / Fifty - M-PAC

Art Benton - Sweet loving - CHRIS

Jackie Beavers Show - We're not too you to fall in love - MAINSTREAM

Deon Jackson - You gotta love - CARLA

Joe Simon - You are the one - SPRING

Bud Harper - Let it rain - PEACOCK

Romance Watson - Where does that leave me - CORAL

Tony Milddleton - Spanish maiden - SPEED

Montclaires - Hey you! don't fight it - ARCH

Inverts - Look out love - TOWER

Bobby Reed - Time is right for love - BELL

Hopefully see you at the next one for more hell fire madness

Matt :D

YOUR A GENT MATT !

NOV DEFO UOK FOR THAT , THINK YA SAID YEAH BUT COULD HAVE BEEN THE VOICES IN MY HEAD !!!!!!! ph34r.gif

RUGBY SOON AND MAYBE CYA AT D OF SOUL ????

Guest Bearsoul

and heres what i managed to play without breaking them:huh:

embers - first time

gentleman june gardner - its gonna rain

danelle darris - lets do the shotgun

patti austin - someones gonna cry

pearl jones - please stay

eddie and ernie - cant be still

john bowie - youre gonna miss a good thing

rivingtons - years of tears

silky hargreaves - love lets try it again

willie parker - ive got to fight it

lewis clark - i need your loving so bad

liz lands - midnight johnny

mac and barb & gamuts - hold me tighter

the dynamics - i need your love

perk lee - the docks

jo ann garrett - a whole new plan

marion james - im the woman for you

buck rogers movement - take it from me girl

the masters - i need your love

the chaumonts - love is the thing

sandpipers - lonely too long

danelle darris - dont love me and leave me

TA GRANT TOP TUNES AND NOW I KNOW WHAT FOLKS ARE ON ABOUT WHEN THEY TALK ABOUT DJs BREAKIN NEW SOUNDS !!!

GLAD YOU'VE CLEARED THAT UP FOR ME :D

Guest Bearsoul

Has the hat turned up yet??unsure.gif

Hi Sandra ....Yeah !!!! Must have a homing device in it , unless it turned into a Bat and flew back...'The Bat in The Hat' !!!!!!!!

Panic over now we can get on with solving the problems in The Middle-East !!! :yes: just kidding !!!!!!!!

Chris :)

NOPE :yes:

Sandy

Dont be tight san, he looked in pain on saturday.

Have to say THAT was the best one yet, what a wonderful atmosphere, i agree it's more like a big family get together. Couldn't believe Stuart and Gill turning up, (Stuarts always threatening to come out, ...... and NEVER does!), nice to see big Kenny.

Karl's free cd is the BEST one iv'e ever been given WOW! (sorry Duane, i know its yours, i will copy it and give it you back at Heywood)

ROLL ON NOVEMBER!

Guest mattRSC

NOV DEFO UOK FOR THAT , THINK YA SAID YEAH BUT COULD HAVE BEEN THE VOICES IN MY HEAD !!!!!!! ph34r.gif

I think it was the voices in your head :D, but don't worry about it i think there's something spooky about that place anyway :ohmy: . Count me in for sure :thumbsup:See you at Rugby.

Cheers

Guest Bearsoul

[

Dont be tight san, he looked in pain on saturday.

Have to say THAT was the best one yet, what a wonderful atmosphere, i agree it's more like a big family get together. Couldn't believe Stuart and Gill turning up, (Stuarts always threatening to come out, ...... and NEVER does!), nice to see big Kenny.

Karl's free cd is the BEST one iv'e ever been given WOW! (sorry Duane, i know its yours, i will copy it and give it you back at Heywood)

ROLL ON NOVEMBER!

Guest Bearsoul

NOV DEFO UOK FOR THAT , THINK YA SAID YEAH BUT COULD HAVE BEEN THE VOICES IN MY HEAD !!!!!!! :ohmy:

I think it was the voices in your head :D, but don't worry about it i think there's something spooky about that place anyway :D . Count me in for sure :thumbsup:See you at Rugby.

Cheers

Top Man !!! CYA AT RUGBY thumbsup.gif

I totally agree with ALL OF THE ABOVE. It just keeps getting Better and Better, don't know how you do it Chris and Carlos :thumbsup:

It was great to see Stu n Jill (well done Carl n Maria for getting them there)?? CD AWESOME by the way. Chris don't forget Tony still owes you 10 bob!!!

Kenny don't forget our 'BET'?? Hope to see a lot less of you in November!!! thumbsup.gif

All DJ's were fantastic and kept us 'entertained' all day (especially Grant with his 'sore arm' hillarious ) :ohmy:

Guest Bearsoul

I totally agree with ALL OF THE ABOVE. It just keeps getting Better and Better, don't know how you do it Chris and Carlos :thumbsup:

It was great to see Stu n Jill (well done Carl n Maria for getting them there)?? CD AWESOME by the way. Chris don't forget Tony still owes you 10 bob!!!

Kenny don't forget our 'BET'?? Hope to see a lot less of you in November!!! thumbsup.gif

All DJ's were fantastic and kept us 'entertained' all day (especially Grant with his 'sore arm' hillarious ) :D

YEAH TEN BOB WILL BUY ME A COUPLE OF BEN SHERMANS AND A DEPOSIT ON ME NEW TONIC SUIT PLUS A GOOD NIGHT OUT AND CHIPPY ON THE WAY HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN I WOKE UP !!!!!!

STU N GILL RECKON THEY'LL BE BACK !!!!!!!!

YEAH GRANTS GOT 'DISCO WRISTO' OR 'SPINNERS STRAIN' I DUNNO !!!!!!! DANGEROUS GAME THIS DISC-JOCKEYING :ohmy:

CHRISX

All DJ's were fantastic and kept us 'entertained' all day (especially Grant with his 'sore arm' hillarious ) :ohmy:

I'm on it biggrin.gif

Sleeve notes for Checkmates lp ;

post-1986-032295200 1283382702_thumb.jpg

post-1986-032295200 1283382702_thumb.jpg

Source Advert