2011-05-14: ** Bidds Rare Soul Allnighter **

Mace

I'm sat here 'monging' as is customary after a brilliant all-nighter. Top night and top people. Plenty of pant creaming music that bathed my ears from start to finish.

Review & photos are here. :yes:

• Replies 142
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks Mace, for putting on a goodnight ,the champagne on our table was a tad to cold for me.

Thanks Longy(Steve) for the CD,it was very kind of you mate.

We nearly had all the old gang back together last night,great seeing Steve,John and Deb again.

Julie, I wondered who it was sitting on the stage staring at me,it was a nice suprise,great seeing you again and you look really well saying you was unwell not long ago.

And thanks for the push Sian.:thumbsup:

I did sit down for a while,so I was chatting away to anybody that cared to hear my ramblings.:D

And thankyou Soul widow,for saying that I was young,Should have gone to specsavers.:thumbsup:

Anyway must go and crawl into a corner somewhere.

Atb.Kev.

What a brilliant night! Great atmosphere from start to finish, dancefloor was busy all night and music was great. Excellent company to talk crap to and for me the buzz of being given the opportunity to DJ, big thanks to Mace for asking me and to those that danced/commented etc :thumbsup:

I now need to get some serious sleep..............

Adam.

Thanks Mace, for putting on a goodnight ,the champagne on our table was a tad to cold for me.

Thanks Longy(Steve) for the CD,it was very kind of you mate.

We nearly had all the old gang back together last night,great seeing Steve,John and Deb again.

Julie, I wondered who it was sitting on the stage staring at me,it was a nice suprise,great seeing you again and you look really well saying you was unwell not long ago.

And thanks for the push Sian.:thumbsup:

I did sit down for a while,so I was chatting away to anybody that cared to hear my ramblings.:D

And thankyou Soul widow,for saying that I was young,Should have gone to specsavers.:thumbsup:

Anyway must go and crawl into a corner somewhere.

Atb.Kev.

Just sat there Kev To see how long it took you to reconsise me .........................2 records=about 6 & a half minutes .......................bloody charming , was good to see you again & tabs ,sian and a few more ...................sorry i rushed off without saying tara but was dodging the old bill at the end of the road ................see you all soon xxxxxx

Just sat there Kev To see how long it took you to reconsise me .........................2 records=about 6 & a half minutes .......................bloody charming , was good to see you again & tabs ,sian and a few more ...................sorry i rushed off without saying tara but was dodging the old bill at the end of the road ................see you all soon xxxxxx

Sorry Julie,you know what its like when you are on the dance floor, your in your own world(Zoned):thumbsup:

I did'nt realise you was a wanted outlaw and copper dodging.

Kev.

Sorry Julie,you know what its like when you are on the dance floor, your in your own world(Zoned):thumbsup:

I did'nt realise you was a wanted outlaw and copper dodging.

Kev.

You learn something new everyday :D:thumbup: no seriously the old bill were pulling every bloody car that was leaving and as Kev doesn`t drink didn`t want to get pulled and have the hasstle of going through the motions for half an hour or so .......................so no im not some kind of jail bird :lol::no: Im A Good Girl :yes::yes:

Julie :thumbsup:

You learn something new everyday :thumbsup::D no seriously the old bill were pulling every bloody car that was leaving and as Kev doesn`t drink didn`t want to get pulled and have the hasstle of going through the motions for half an hour or so .......................so no im not some kind of jail bird :yes::lol: Im A Good Girl :thumbup::yes:

Julie :thumbsup:

Really, EVERY car?

I heard a rumour that one car got pulled, but nobody has confirmed it?

I ran some friends back to their hotel at 6.30 and saw no sign of owt?

"On the outskirts of Bidds theres a sign that says welcome to Rumoursville" :no:

Edited by Mace

A cracking night in the ole' place, this unique venue had a fast moving electric buzz about it, everyone seemed to be in happy mode and I heard some superb music from all the dj's, with great crac, bollocks talking n' laughing with the usual suspects made it special :thumbsup:..

Noticed there were a few Bidds virgins in and they were lovin' it and can't wait for the next one, wonder where Mace found them!:D.

Well done guy's:thumbsup:.

Willie

Guest BigPaul

Well the place is certainly hangingthumbsup.gif But oh boy! Was it banginghatsoff2.gif

Great buzz and atmosphere from the offyes.gif great crowd in well up for ithatsoff2.gif

Top nite at Bidds even had me photo took (get me good side next time, Karen)laugh.gif

Fun n games a plenty and of course a bit a dancingyes.gif

Shame the lager ran out, dont that cider stuff alf gripeohmy.gif Er indoors thought i were gonna

explode at one stage Sunday afternoontongue.gif

Roll on Octoberthumbsup.gif

Best

Paul

You're lucky I managed to take your photo at all given our height difference. I was shocked how small I looked next to you and Danny :lol: When you look at that photo I'm about the size of a 9 year old!

Possibly the best night i've had at Bidds, good tunes, great people too.

Pete Chaplin celebrating the big 60, we are at ours still partying, 10.40 monday am, with guest appearences from Smokey and Gary Holyman over the last two days ts been a riot.

Will be at the soul night in June, as its my birthday see y'all then

Harpo x

Despite flagging from the cup final I still had a great time in great company in the most luxurious venue in europe, saw the trolly dash, listened to some excellent music from Johhny and Mace, Adam ( grt set) and Dave Abbot ( ditto). STILL THE BEST ALLNIGHTER in the country, two complaints, no mackesson behind the bar and mace hardly farted, Im disappionted!

Brilliant nite from start to finish,this place seems to get that bit better each time!

Atmosphere brll,Company brill tunage brill esp Dave and Adams 2nd sets :thumbsup:

Hope the weather is abit nicer for the next one in OCT :yes::lol: :lol:

Mike Cog

PS no signs of ppl getting pulled outside! If its a rumour its bad press :thumbsup:

PS no signs of ppl getting pulled outside! If its a rumour its bad press :thumbsup:

Not like Bidds to get bad press :yes: ....but rumour it is :lol:

Big thanks to everyone who turned out Saturday night, the DJs, Linda & the doorstaff, everyone who helps to push and promote the event, and off course the resident nutter, Ant the manager :thumbsup:

All the DJ's delivered fantastic sets, with plenty of folk up for dancing to the melting pot of tunes and genres on offer.:lol:

Thanks for the Ron Dixon mask etc.....really though, you guys should get some of your own comedy material instead of riding on the back of mine :thumbsup:

Apologies that the lager ran out.....there was a wedding in the smaller room next door and Ant admitted that he underestimated how much ale he would sell on the night.

In case no-one guessed it, the venue runs on a shoestring nowadays, but I told Ant he was a cnut for running out of lager all the same :thumbsup:

Next one will be October 22nd......(not Oct 8th as originally advertised)

Guest DJs will be Jumpin' Joan, Rob Smith, Dave Rivers and Killa.

There are however a few 'Kindred Soul Nights' running @ Bidds through the summer months to keep you satsified, next one is June 11th.

Quality DJ line-ups and music policy, on till 2am, the first one captured the same brilliant atmosphere that was abundant on Saturday night :thumbsup:

Right, that's me done....can now cast off the serious side and get back to some quality online p*sstaking....:thumbsup:

Edited by Mace

Really, EVERY car?

"On the outskirts of Bidds theres a sign that says welcome to Rumoursville" :thumbsup:

We saw nothing leaving the town.Mind you we didn't leave till late............

Really, EVERY car?

"On the outskirts of Bidds theres a sign that says welcome to Rumoursville" :thumbsup:

OMFG, can one statement to a friend cause this reaction :thumbsup:

Sorry mace didn`t intend to start any rumours or bad press :thumbsup: was just that 3 cars were actually stopped quite a way up the road between 2 & 4 no malice intended whats-o- ever :thumbsup: so pleaze guys put your knives away :thumbsup:

By the way thanx mace for finding Kevs Phone :hatsoff2:

Regards

Julie xxx

Edited by Julie Moore

OMFG, can one statement to a friend cause this reaction :thumbsup:

Sorry mace didn`t intend to start any rumours or bad press :thumbsup: was just that 3 cars were actually stopped quite a way up the road between 2 & 4 no malice intended whats-o- ever :yes: so pleaze guys put your knives away :thumbsup:

By the way thanx mace for finding Kevs Phone :thumbsup:

Regards

Julie xxx

Julie, there was a flurry of rumours flying around the venue all night that cars were gonna be pulled when leaving.

I was later informed that one was, but surprisingly nobody seemed to know who it was who got pulled :hatsoff2:

I'm sure you can understand how, as the promoter of the venue, your statement saying that the old bill were stopping every car that was leaving the venue kinda annoying.......

...and anyway, if 3 cars were pulled up between 2 - 4 it serves the fcukers right for leaving early :thumbsup:

Kevs just PMed me his address, will post his phone back tomorrow if I can get to the Post Office without being harrassed by the Old Bill....suppose I can always go via the backroads of Hazzard County in the faithfull old 'General Lee':yes:biggrin.gif

Edited by Mace

Julie, there was a flurry of rumours flying around the venue all night that cars were gonna be pulled when leaving.

I was later informed that one was, but surprisingly nobody seemed to know who it was who got pulled :thumbsup:

I'm sure you can understand how, as the promoter of the venue, your statement saying that the old bill were stopping every car that was leaving the venue kinda annoying.......

...and anyway, if 3 cars were pulled up between 2 - 4 it serves the fcukers right for leaving early :thumbsup:

Kevs just PMed me his address, will post his phone back tomorrow if I can get to the Post Office without being harrassed by the Old Bill....suppose I can always go via the backroads of Hazzard County in the faithfull old 'General Lee':yes: :yes:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: No probs Mace i`ll get you a pint next time so you won`t think that i am annoying biggrin.gif:hatsoff2:

...and anyway, if 3 cars were pulled up between 2 - 4 it serves the fcukers right for leaving early :lol:

'If' there were any police, they were there for the Wedding next door having been tipped off by a disturbed invitee who chose not to attend. After all, anyone choosing to have their wedding reception at Bidds deserves to be arrested :lol:

Between 2 & 4? Do you have a Sentry posted outside then Mace? :lol:

Edited by TheSoulgirl

After all, anyone choosing to have their wedding reception at Bidds deserves to be arrested :lol:

I don't know what you mean, if newlyweds can make it through that experience with their marriage still intact they should be able to tackle any trauma together :lol:

Oh, and I remember what I was gonna say to Ant before I got sidetracked and then forgot....it was the fact that he had new table cloths on all the tables and I asked him if he had been reading your posts on Soul Source...:yes:

Hows your mam? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest soul widow

Was it really a wedding?

Looked more like a after show party for jeremy Kyle!!!

We all had a brilliant time as allways, where else can you go where the doorstaff lend you their coats to go and have a smoke cos I was cold,

complained to mace it was cold and the heating was put on,

ant (manager) was most concerned about my wellbeing cos I asked for a coke!!! Moaned the takings would be down if I stopped drinking!!!

Brilliant night,

x x x

Fantastic Niter! Fantastic Venue! Fantastic People! and above all Fantastic Dancers! - dancing because it is a good tune not because they necessarily know it!

Johnny and Des - you are totally right and spot on :hatsoff2:

And, with hindsight even someone telling me I looked like Johnny Beggs, I'm taking as a compliment :yes:

Thanks, Mace :yes:

(this is a must-try-to-do niter for me from now on. i am no holiday for the October one, so if you can't rearrange it - i will deffo try for the rest from there-on)

Edited by Dave Abbott

Was it really a wedding?

Looked more like a after show party for jeremy Kyle!!!

We all had a brilliant time as allways, where else can you go where the doorstaff lend you their coats to go and have a smoke cos I was cold,

complained to mace it was cold and the heating was put on,

ant (manager) was most concerned about my wellbeing cos I asked for a coke!!! Moaned the takings would be down if I stopped drinking!!!

Brilliant night,

x x x

Your bloody lucky when I complain to Mace about how cold it is,he says Im nesh and a girl.:yes:

Nice to meet you the other night.:hatsoff2:

Atb.Kev.

Nice to meet you too young kev

I can get away with it cos I am a girl but what's a nesh?

Vicky

x

Nesh refers to some-one who feels/gets cold easily.

For example....."stop moaning that the heating's not on you nesh tw@t"

:thumbsup:

Guest calgary soulies

Another reason to return home ,when i told jue id stayed out and was a little dissapointed with myself as i left at 5 but got to be at manchester airport for 9 ,she called me a light wait , anyhow Mace youve turned the nighter into one to be proud of, some top sounds and good company , see you more often on our return,Rob.

Guest gordon russell

we all had a great night at bidds....top draw indeedy. good crac with the night time druids.......music good all night.......great sets from andy d, adam t , and the very underated ,but utterly superb ted colstone , he certainly knows the meaning of dance music..........well done macey grey and southside jonny and his latin lowriders see ya soon tuneup tezza and the tunol tearaways

Source Advert