Dave Moore

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Dave, Ive got Stagemasters! In mint - condition too. Id consider selling it, but no disrespect Dave, I think yre Way out on price; Id want several hundred for mine. For collectors from a certain era, like you and I this is up there with the likes of Rita Dacosta on Pandora, or E. Rodney on Charisma. Its Rare as ROCKIN HORSE SHIT and always has been. Even when records were around this WASNT! Anyway best of luck in yre search. Take care.

Social source share

Hi Tim,

Hope you're well Matey. I rate a minter at around 100. I've had the opportunity to buy two at 150 and 125 respectively so I'm not far out. There was one listed on Ebay (Twice) for 125 that never attracted a bid. The Chrisima 45 I've only ever seen 2 of. (Not sure of the provenance of this one either, same stampers etc but most definitely a later issue than Tuff). The Pandora 45 I'm lucky to have owned for near 20 years so the Stagemasters would round off a nice trio of records from that particular era.

The hunt goes on...

Best,

Dave

Social source share

Stagemasters-Hit Kingdom flip is 'the feeling' (which is an instrumental) dated 1968; the Slide issue has 1966.

Slightly different intros, as I remember, on the 'baby im here just to love you'

Something that always gives me a chuckle; the Hit Kingdom states on the label 'popcorn soul' on the 'Baby Im here just to love you' and 'this is atomic soul' on the 'The Feeling' side. Shouldn't that be the other way round !!? Great record !!

On the subject of E Rodney Jones-R&B time, the Charisma release is identical to the Tuff release (other than the label) Pressed on the same vinyl and has the same matrix numbers in the deawax; tm 2060 and tu 6037 Just wondered why you thought it was a later release Dave?

Btw, I first saw the Charisma 45 on a Soul Bowl list in 1975 at £5 which was a lot of money then. I think I agree with Tim that it's a real deal rarity.

Social source share

Stagemasters-Hit Kingdom flip is 'the feeling' (which is an instrumental) dated 1968; the Slide issue has 1966.

Slightly different intros, as I remember, on the 'baby im here just to love you'

Something that always gives me a chuckle; the Hit Kingdom states on the label 'popcorn soul' on the 'Baby Im here just to love you' and 'this is atomic soul' on the 'The Feeling' side. Shouldn't that be the other way round !!? Great record !!

On the subject of E Rodney Jones-R&B time, the Charisma release is identical to the Tuff release (other than the label) Pressed on the same vinyl and has the same matrix numbers in the deawax; tm 2060 and tu 6037 Just wondered why you thought it was a later release Dave?

Btw, I first saw the Charisma 45 on a Soul Bowl list in 1975 at £5 which was a lot of money then. I think I agree with Tim that it's a real deal rarity.

Hello Mate,

I have three copies of ERJ.

Tuff Issue

Tuff W/D

Charisma

The stampers are the same I agree but the difference in vinyl is definitely there. I also spoke to Tim Brown about the Charisma 45 and he thought it may well be a later release too. As I said, I'm not too sure about the provenance of the Charisma 45 so if anyone has any info it would be appreciated. I do agree however that it's a real deal rarity for sure. :D

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

I was looking at the Hit Kingdom Stagemasters recently but didn't bite on it. Mainly because it didn't have 'Free at last 'on it which I like

hit kingdom release does have "free at last" on the flip

Hit Kingdom flip is 'the feeling' (which is an instrumental) dated 1968; the Slide issue has 1966.

...and the copy that Manship is selling on his site lists "Free At Last" as the flipside:

https://www.raresoulm...57/STAGEMASTERS

So are there two issues of the HIT KINGDOM release with different flipsides? :yes:

Scans/matrix details anyone? :D

Manship's copy:

post-1392-0-06165400-1297841869_thumb.jp

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Charisma-E Rod Jones; there is hardly any difference in the vinyl pressing between the Tuff and the Charisma imo. In fact, many US records have vinyl differences, depending upon which pressing plant was used. Having a difference doesn't mean that the Charisma is a later press; it could be construed conversely as an earlier press, or more likely pressed at the same time.

Btw Tim Brown has never had the pleasure of having the Charisma 45, so Im not sure if his comments are applicable (unless he has some info. from the artist, producer etc.)

Social source share

Charisma-E Rod Jones; there is hardly any difference in the vinyl pressing between the Tuff and the Charisma imo. In fact, many US records have vinyl differences, depending upon which pressing plant was used. Having a difference doesn't mean that the Charisma is a later press; it could be construed conversely as an earlier press, or more likely pressed at the same time.

Btw Tim Brown has never had the pleasure of having the Charisma 45, so Im not sure if his comments are applicable (unless he has some info. from the artist, producer etc.)

I have both in front of me now and the Charisma copy is much lighter/flimsier vinyl. I agree it doesn't really mean anything conclusively, hence my remark in reference to the lack of provenance of the disc. I'm presuming (maybe wrongly), that you think it is a contemporary (with Tuff) press? Have you any info that leads you to this conclusion? It would be great to finally nail this one if possible. When I spoke to Tim he'd had the 45 in his hands at some stage I think.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

...and the copy that Manship is selling on his site lists "Free At Last" as the flipside:

https://www.raresoulm...57/STAGEMASTERS

So are there two issues of the HIT KINGDOM release with different flipsides? :lol:

Scans/matrix details anyone? :thumbsup:

Manship's copy:

post-1392-0-06165400-1297841869_thumb.jp

Thanks for the info Sebastian.....so maybe I'm not going completely crackers.....the plot thickens!

best

Kev

Social source share

Source Advert