Why Dont They Like Shipping Out Of The States?

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Nick Harrison

Its because we are known by the Yanks as "olde friends" of Gaddafi and they are so convinced Lockerby is the UK capital.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

laugh.gif Yep i think your probably right Nick

Joking aside Panny, recently I have sold back to the US - copies of Veda and Charles Mintz with no disapproval or care for the shipping destination. Only just recently read a thread over the weekend by KJW missing out on a huge token 45 due to shipping terms and conditions.:thumbsup: .:( .

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

Because it requires extra effort. You can't just leave packages for the mailman to pick up you have to have some actual interraction with people at the post office because of insurance and customs forms. That takes time and its something that people don't feel they have especially if you have had to wait in line at the post office for 1/2 hour. For a lot of people who ship out 40 or 50 parcels a day it can be a huge burden.

Social source share

Because it requires extra effort. You can't just leave packages for the mailman to pick up you have to have some actual interraction with people at the post office because of insurance and customs forms. That takes time and its something that people don't feel they have especially if you have had to wait in line at the post office for 1/2 hour. For a lot of people who ship out 40 or 50 parcels a day it can be a huge burden.

100% correct.

On occasions the Post Mistress I had would open up an hour early for Bev and I too do the business. Nothing worse than standing behind someone mailing 50 packages! When we first started could be in the PO for a couple of hours! Suppose in a main PO it may be quicker but ours was a nightmare.

Regards,

Dave

Edited by Dave Moore
Social source share

100% correct.

On occasions the Post Mistress I had would open up an hour early for Bev and I too do the business. Nothing worse than standing behind someone mailing 50 packages! When we first started could be in the PO for a couple of hours! Suppose in a main PO it may be quicker but ours was a nightmare.

Regards,

Dave

Dave its no different here in Blighty , Ive been in the local post office and there are people with bags full of ebay items to post , Its never put me off shipping anywhere

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

Dave its no different here in Blighty , Ive been in the local post office and there are people with bags full of ebay items to post , Its never put me off shipping anywhere

Ah but your not American and the world does not revolve around you, and maybe the world doesn't have to lower its head in deference to you.

A simpler explanation could be that Americans don't know hwere your country is....there were soldiers going to Iraq who could not point to it on a map. Also if Britain hasn't been mentioned in the news it might not exist anymore and they could be mailing something that would fall off the end of the world once it got 3 miles from the US coast.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Its Just a but strange to me thats loads of ebay sellers across the pound refuse to ship outside of the U.S, any reason why?? cheers paul

this is probably an issue with less than 1% of records i want to bid on. I hardly ever notice it to be honest.

but prehapos some have had bad experiences with things going missing so stop shipping overseas.

what I do see is a lot of sellers refusing to ship to france and italy. I wouldn't want to be a collector living in one of those 2 countries.

Social source share

Ah but your not American and the world does not revolve around you, and maybe the world doesn't have to lower its head in deference to you.

A simpler explanation could be that Americans don't know hwere your country is....there were soldiers going to Iraq who could not point to it on a map. Also if Britain hasn't been mentioned in the news it might not exist anymore and they could be mailing something that would fall off the end of the world once it got 3 miles from the US coast.

:lol:

Now Now! laugh.gif

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

I'll ignore the silly comments about the gulf war and the Lockerbie terrorists....sadly, a lot of people in the US couldn't even make those connections. The vast majority of people in the US are very favorable towards the UK and Australia. Just come over here and use your 'accent' and you'll see....works great if you're looking for a fast girlfriend/boyfriend as well.

There's numerous reasons - the setup of eBay for the US doesn't provide a lot of options so people take the easy way out and say no international shipping - which is why there's claims of "don't ship to Italy" in the item description, as you can't set eBay to block Italian bidders. EBay's setup for US users also forces restrictions on what you can officially charge for postage so some US people think they get burned on excessive fees. Everyone who seriously deals records on eBay ships internationally. The ones who don't are probably pickers and junkers who don't distiguish records from large items like furniture or stuff like software that's subject to legal restrictions.

Don't take it personally - I'd ask the seller first before I jump to conclusions. I don't think you're gonna be called a Jihad loving terrorist.

Social source share

Guest covmart

:lol:

There's a bit of irony in the fact that you want to slag off the very country whose music you so desire. If America and Americans are so despised by you, maybe you should shun everything from here and collect something else. I guess you've never been here to see for yourself how people really are. Maybe you should come visit. I've got an extra room that you're welcome to if you do.

To the topic. I'll mail records anywhere, most anyone who's seriously selling records will. I think the folks that won't likely think its a ton more effort, but it really isn't. Filing out a custom form takes a minute and standing in line at the post office comes with the territory. I've only ever had issues with Italy and France, and only a couple of times. I don't know whether its crap postal systems, but after a while all the stories your hear of records going missing in those countries makes you leary. Btw, I've had more than a couple of UK-based ebay sellers who wouldn't send to the US. They probably think its too much effort too.

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

There's a bit of irony in the fact that you want to slag off the very country whose music you so desire. If America and Americans are so despised by you, maybe you should shun everything from here and collect something else. I guess you've never been here to see for yourself how people really are. Maybe you should come visit. I've got an extra room that you're welcome to if you do.

I've lived in the US since 1987. My comments are based on my experiences and the environment around me in the locations in the US where I have lived and visited (everything from standing in the Grand Canyon to flying round the twin towers on septemebr 9th 2001 on a helicopter tour)

I have observed the American culture and its citizens and what I said was tongue in cheek. I will always be an Englishman abroad but have intentionally adapted myself to the country I live in, I even say al-u-min-um for goodness sake.

Lighten Up.

Social source share

Guest covmart

Ah, got it. My bad then, aye. Lesson learned. Know who you're speaking to.

Like you, I am an Englishman abroad.

I am lightened.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Maybe they think you all have got enough records over there! yes.gif:thumbsup:

jacob

Indeed is that not there and our belief Daddy Rose :lol: :lol: .

But then Boba's posts and threads are valued and 100% welcomed on this forum.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert