Soul Scene Villains

Guest Ste Brazil

Guest gordon russell

Does anybody remember a black lad from Wolverhampton called Fenton (1975). He used to stop people getting on the coach to Wigan and ask for "two bob for me brother's reception". He must have had a lot of siblings or his one brother was a serial bigamist. If anybody refused he was not very pleasant lol. I've seen lads hiding under lorries from him cuz they wouldn't pay him.

It wasn't uncommon in Wolves to be stopped by large gangs of lads in the early/mid 70's and robbed of your money and coats. Slightly off thread but I remember going to watch Wolves at Birmingham in 1972 ish and loads of people were being robbed as they got on the buses in Wolves by a gang of lads both black and white.

Ah the good old days..............................

remember fenton well.....hung around with paul roberts,big and little skip and big robbo.........nice lads :wicked:

Social source share

Guest doreboy

Like all walks of life when there is money involved friends will turn on friends and con men and crooks will masquerade on the dance floor.

Mickey Cruise still owes me money from over two years ago when he sold me a record, I gave him the money but he gave me a completely different record to the one he said he had. I sent the record back but I'm still waiting for the money. I've seen him out and about so he can afford to get into clubs and travel but seemingly he can't be arsed to pay me what he owes me. Most recent communications from this month are here, no point posting the text messages or phone calls he has never replied to in the past two years...

site note - what appears to be facebook personal messages and phone numbers removed by site

Social source share

Guest doreboy

in reply tjames> the record i sold you was the right record on the label itold you and i have a witness to prove it as for seeing me out and about ive not seen you since you gave me the record back coz if i had i,d have lamped you also about ringing me well ive not had a phone at least 2 yrs now although you did txt my girlfriend ONCE ihave always admitted to anyone who has asked me i do owe you 200 quid but the reason ive not been in touch is i have no phone number for you.so if you continue to slag me off you willbe seeing me GET IN TOUCH
Social source share

Guest doreboy

HI JAMES, BEEN THERE DONE THAT WITH THE CHAP YOU HAVE MENTIONED.HE WILL NEVER CHANGE.HE WILL ONE DAY DO THE SAME TO THE WRONG PERSON.JUST BIDE YOUR TIME AND WATCH THIS SPACE. IT BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE HIM THAT I DONT GO OUT MUCH THESE DAYS.GREAT TIME AT THE BEDROOMS IN LONDON A FEW YEARS AGO...J

Social source share

Now known as Professor Andrew Wilson no less-there has been the odd mention of his book on here.

Tony

And a damn fine read it is too - altho originally part of an academic thesis this and some of his other papers available on line are a much better than some of tat published and give a more relalistic reflection and insight into the scene as it was in it's early days - pre baggy trousers and badges brigade.

Big respect Andy - wish I'd had the bollocks to undertake an academic study of that nature - mind you some of the names would have to have been changed !

Edited by GrayM
Social source share

Hey Pete! How you doin'? My lasting memory of you is getting freaked out at my jumping around like a over-enthusiastic puppy at VaVa's... it's Andy.... no, they buggered off to South Africa (made me joing the Anti Apartheid movement). ..

Social source share

And a damn fine read it is too - altho originally part of an academic thesis this and some of his other papers available on line are a much better than some of tat published and give a more relalistic reflection and insight into the scene as it was in it's early days - pre baggy trousers and badges brigade.

Big respect Andy - wish I'd had the bollocks to undertake an academic study of that nature - mind you some of the names would have to have been changed !

Thanks Gray - but I only did it all out of desperation! Prison or education seemed like the only choices!
Social source share

Andy Wilson!! mentioned in the newspaper clip. is he still around ?.

I remember him coming out of jail and going home to his mum & dads pub...They'd sold it and gone to Australia!!

Pete - just getting used to the posting system on here... how are you doing? You were such a good un in those early days (my early days) bus back from the Torch, Central and VAVAs)... top memories
Social source share

Guest proudlove

What a pleasure reading this thread... from east side skin talk to long forgotten friends - Coddy, Larry, Frankie (Booper).... I'll come back to explain the newspaper clipping (not sure if it'll work). Okay, it worked but I'm too embarrassed to tell the story behind the 'headline' - one of those tales that sounds better in memory than it looks in print... Steve (Proudlove) I think I told you this one... Alan Day left us hanging on. Chris's comment to the court "we were desperate" doesn't do justice... though the only thought in my mind when I put my foot down was how to get rid of the blueys out of AD's case

Hi Andy,yes you did tell me the tale last time we spoke,there are some amazing stories to be told,whether or not they are either believable or errm slightly illegal remains to be seen.

We were in Harrogate last night for Nige Carters 60th birthday do,continuing over this way tonight...........

Social source share

Hey Pete! How you doin'? My lasting memory of you is getting freaked out at my jumping around like a over-enthusiastic puppy at VaVa's... it's Andy.... no, they buggered off to South Africa (made me joing the Anti Apartheid movement). ..

Well F*uck my old boots.

Andy Wilson.

Now ttheres a name to bring back a few memories and probably

dozens of crazy stories and antics.

Hope you are well.

Kegsy

Social source share

Well F*uck my old boots.

Andy Wilson.

Now ttheres a name to bring back a few memories and probably

dozens of crazy stories and antics.

Hope you are well.

Kegsy

Kegsy! Good to hear from you - that put a big smile on my face... Yeah, plenty of stories (and regrets for the one involving Alan Day - I'm not trying to wriggle out of my responsibility: but it was all his doing!)

I'm good - overworked but in work so can't complain. What about Mouse? Do you ever see him? Heard about Pilky... Do you see Andy S? I owe him an apology as well... Hector?

Hope things are good with you

Andy

Social source share

Well, WTF!! Andy Wilson!! how are you mate? God its been a long time. You must PM me and bring me up to date on your wherabouts and ,by the sounds of it, great achievements. Bloody good to hear from you again..

It has been so long! I see Dave Thompson was mentioned, does anyone know what happened to him? And Ann - remember he was going out with her when he started to... what's the word? 'Career' will do (and I don't mean a job). Does anyone know what happened to Steve Vine? We were grassed up by one of three people who were at Swish's flat (when he lived in Leeds)... one of those bad ones that haunts you. Now there's a story! I take it your getting about? Managed to get to a session in Sheffield a few months ago but usually too busy to get away...

Anyway, will have to make it to an 'event' somewhere soon - shame I missed Nidge's 60th (jesus... remember when he used to come through to H'gate in the boot of an old Rover 90 with the rest of the Tinmoor... they could get at least 9 in that car.... all the best, Andy

Social source share

What a pleasure reading this thread... from east side skin talk to long forgotten friends - Coddy, Larry, Frankie (Booper).... I'll come back to explain the newspaper clipping (not sure if it'll work). Okay, it worked but I'm too embarrassed to tell the story behind the 'headline' - one of those tales that sounds better in memory than it looks in print... Steve (Proudlove) I think I told you this one... Alan Day left us hanging on. Chris's comment to the court "we were desperate" doesn't do justice... though the only thought in my mind when I put my foot down was how to get rid of the blueys out of AD's case

Hi Andy,yes you did tell me the tale last time we spoke,there are some amazing stories to be told,whether or not they are either believable or errm slightly illegal remains to be seen.

We were in Harrogate last night for Nige Carters 60th birthday do,continuing over this way tonight...........

Hi Steve, shame I missed Nidge's do - Paul mentioned it so I knew it was coming up... up against it trying to write a chapter (nothing interesting) in three weeks... insane deadlne but need to do it. Yeah, you're right about the stories - funny that I've spent half my life hiding from them! A bit weird to do this posting - I was going to write up the full story but ran out of steam... yes, I know what's missing... inspiration. Good to hear from you - maybe see you at one of the events, if you plan any with Paul let me know. All the best, Andy
Social source share

Hey Andy. Last time I bumped into you was at a record shop in Camden in the 80's. Hope you're well mate. Have you still got that black leather coat LOL....?

Ian D :D

Social source share

Kegsy! Good to hear from you - that put a big smile on my face... Yeah, plenty of stories (and regrets for the one involving Alan Day - I'm not trying to wriggle out of my responsibility: but it was all his doing!)

I'm good - overworked but in work so can't complain. What about Mouse? Do you ever see him? Heard about Pilky... Do you see Andy S? I owe him an apology as well... Hector?

Hope things are good with you

Andy

Hi Andy

No worries on the Alan day shit it was nearly forty years ago.

I think Mouse is in Shipley.

Yeah Pilky was a sad thing.

Still see Andy S now and again, last saw him about 3 weeks ago.

Hector was living in London last I heard.

To be honest I was quite glad to know you were still alive,

lets face it Andy some of us really went for it in those days and

never thought we'd make it this far.

Kegsy

Social source share

Hi Andy

No worries on the Alan day shit it was nearly forty years ago.

I think Mouse is in Shipley.

Yeah Pilky was a sad thing.

Still see Andy S now and again, last saw him about 3 weeks ago.

Hector was living in London last I heard.

To be honest I was quite glad to know you were still alive,

lets face it Andy some of us really went for it in those days and

never thought we'd make it this far.

Kegsy

Hi Kegsy

At least you know it still gets to me (the 40 year burden!) Have to say, that weekend was right up there with the maddest ones... so much happened in those few days. Ended up in Selecta exchanging hard currency - well class B currency - for pressings! You know, I just realised that must have been on the Monday - Samantha's was Friday... Yeah, alive but still trying to piece it all together! Agree with you on the never expected to make it ... in fact, that weekend you went into convulsions in the service area car park I didn't think you'd make it to the Mecca never mind this ripe old age. Please pass my apologies on to Andy - he'll know why - it was someone messing about with his id that caused the problem: always had time for Andy.

Have you seen anything of Spenner? I got an email from "Mary" but I got a bit arsy because Al didn't do the contacting - even after I sent a great picture of us at the Central (say Pete's post asking for Central pictures but I'll need to come to terms with the bad hair year to upload that one - an embarrassment too far).

Andy

Social source share

Hey Andy. Last time I bumped into you was at a record shop in Camden in the 80's. Hope you're well mate. Have you still got that black leather coat LOL....?

Ian, great to hear from you! Yes, I remember it. I'm back in Sheffield now (not that most people on the scene associate me with Sheffield - in case someone reads the thread and tries to place me). Do you mean that long leather coat? That was quality! Bought it off Derrick Sharman from Leeds... that coat was right out of Blaxploitation! My last memory of the coat is being weighed down by it when I had to show a clean pair of heels and having to shed some weight and lose the distinctive coat... It was actually a very dark green. Wish I did still have it - I'd either get respect from my kids or they'd fall about laughing (yeah, I know, the latter). How's Chris (Psycho) - do you ever hear from him?

Tell you what, you may remember this. Were you at Wigan first time Kev Roberts did a session? I won't pre-empt that. But related to it, didn't you buy Frank Beverly on Sassy from me for - was it a tenner? It was just before it was pressed...

How are you? Still producing? Hope all's well!

Edited by a8drewson
Social source share

Andy, Kegsy, Ian ..loving this thread as Harry just said its priceless when you reconnect with proper old friends..

Andy get up to Leeds on April 29th the Central 12 noon -8pm...it'll blow your mind when you walk in.

.I saw Spenner and Mary in Halifax about 15 years ago, they weren't very friendly to be honest..Psycho was last seen at Leeds Grand with his dad watching an Agatha Christie play!! As said previously Dave Thommo and Ann split down south years ago and moved back but Dave doesnt want to be found so fair enough..Al Stevo is in the States..

funnily enough I can remember that night at VaVas. I loved that place..

Edited by PeteDillon
Social source share

Andy, Kegsy, Ian ..loving this thread as Harry just said its priceless when you reconnect with proper old friends..

Andy get up to Leeds on April 29th the Central 12 noon -8pm...it'll blow your mind when you walk in.

.I saw Spenner and Mary in Halifax about 15 years ago, they weren't very friendly to be honest..Psycho was last seen at Leeds Grand with his dad watching an Agatha Christie play!! As said previously Dave Thommo and Ann split down south years ago and moved back but Dave doesnt want to be found so fair enough..Al Stevo is in the States..

Pete, thanks for filling me in - I just spent 15 minutes writing a reply that I just erased! I am too tired to repeat it... will come back to it tomorrow. - Andy
Social source share

Ian - found a picture - was this the coat?
Social source share

Have not seen Spenner for years, last ttime I saw him

was at the Yorshire Rider in Halifax.The circumstances are really not for discussion on here.

kegsy

Thanks Kegsy. Yes, take your point... I'd better stop my ramblings! Be good to see you all! Andy
Social source share

By the way, dont know if you know, but

Ady Dundas is 60 this year and is having a do in Selby.

Kegsy

Then Ady should invite me! I know he was very appreciative of my response to the big issue of 1973... another one not for discussion.... lol.

Andy

Social source share

Here's one I can talk about. Did anyone ever hear what happened to Vietta? Last I heard she married a vicar and moved to Wales. I ask only because she had all the stuff I picked up from the Torch after it closed - fliers, the black fist signs, even the licensing agreement....the place was closed down but open (didn't have to break in). Suspect it all got chucked.

Social source share

Then Ady should invite me! I know he was very appreciative of my response to the big issue of 1973... another one not for discussion.... lol.

Andy

Just been reading one of your papers, the about amphetamine control, DDA boxes and the

effects on the Northern Scene with regard to Intravenous drug use and progression in opiates etc.

Pretty spot on IMHO, more or less reflects my own experiences of the time.

One small point I would make and I might have missed if you made it in the paper.

The presence of Barbs in the DDA, I would argue, was a larger factor in the change of type of drug use, from speed to downers.

Then consequently onto opiates etc, due to the similar kind of "out of it" effect.

Initially we would use Barbs to overcome the over effects of too much gear,but some people would

also use them mid week just to get out of it.They then started to like them.

Next stop was Dike or Morph or Smack.

Kegsy

Social source share

Just been reading one of your papers, the about amphetamine control, DDA boxes and the

effects on the Northern Scene with regard to Intravenous drug use and progression in opiates etc.

Pretty spot on IMHO, more or less reflects my own experiences of the time.

One small point I would make and I might have missed if you made it in the paper.

The presence of Barbs in the DDA, I would argue, was a larger factor in the change of type of drug use, from speed to downers.

Then consequently onto opiates etc, due to the similar kind of "out of it" effect.

Initially we would use Barbs to overcome the over effects of too much gear,but some people would

also use them mid week just to get out of it.They then started to like them.

Next stop was Dike or Morph or Smack.

Kegsy

Thanks Kegsy. You're right about the barbs - I think the book picks this up more. I don't think I ever came across barbs in the DDA - might have done, but as far as I recall - even as late on as the early 80s - they were still on the shelves. Using them to over-come the effects of too much gear... Keith Holmes! A day with Keith... "too high... too high"..... "too low ... too low". Edited by a8drewson
Social source share

Andy I have a few invites which Ady asked me to give to people who know him from back then..PM me your address and I'll mail a one to you.

Thanks Pete - use my name here at google. I'll make a good effort to get to it.
Social source share

Thanks Kegsy. You're right about the barbs - I think the book picks this up more. I don't think I ever came across barbs in the DDA - might have done, but as far as I recall - even as late on as the early 80s - they were still on the shelves.

Maybe you're right about the barbs and DDA, things from back then are

a bit hazy to say the least. i just remember that they seemed to come out

of nowhere,I.E never seen on the scene and then by about 74/75 they were

everywhere.

kegsy

Social source share

Maybe you're right about the barbs and DDA, things from back then are

a bit hazy to say the least. i just remember that they seemed to come out

of nowhere,I.E never seen on the scene and then by about 74/75 they were

everywhere.

kegsy

There were just so many of them they'd have needed cabinets twice/three times the size... horrible things. They do, at least, show how the pharmacology was less important than the percptions (young people using a substance for a night out was a more potent image than older people dying in isolation). The fact the police were asked to decide if they should be reclassified to B is unbelievable... Andy
Social source share

Now known as Professor Andrew Wilson no less-there has been the odd mention of his book on here.

Tony

Thanks Tony - promoted above my station! Dr will do... if I mad it to a Readership I'd be happy... Not being a status chaser has held me back from making the promotional decision but that underestimates the effect of the past as a drag on career. Academia is full of so called liberals who talk a good talk but resort to class type when it comes to decisions on their own doorstep - prime example is Professor Joanna Shapland - currently Head of the School of Law at the University of Sheffield, she was "economical" with the truth when challenged about the "past" colouring her judgement. It is part of the course. At least it wasn't as blatant as Warwick University where I was told that I couldn't study as an undergraduate there because it was a campus university and 'we can't have someone with your background on campus'. Getting this far has been hard, I could have done more, but I always perceived (rightly or wrongly) that the glass ceiling would be hard to break through.

Have to say, and I do so in honesty, the scene has many professors of soul! I mean the guys (not gender specific) who really know their stuff.

Andy

Edited by a8drewson
Social source share

The first allnighter that I went to was the Room at the Top, in Wigan. I would have been about 15 when I first went. There was a cafe type of bar then walk up a few steps and you were in the dance/ stage room. It was fantastic, it had a sprung wood floor that was polished by hundreds of people dancing and it shone in the dark. I remember walking in one night and a record started that I hadn't heard before but I immediately thought that it was brilliant and it has been one of my favourites ever since, it was Soothe Me, by Sam and Dave. After a nights dancing it was on to the baths and we would stay in there til about noon then get a bus home. Because we were Mods we always carried a bag with a change of clothing, clean shirt, trousers, socks, towel etc. It was the greatest time to be alive, unemployment was virtually unknown, we all had lots of money and Black Bombers were 1Shilling and 3p each. that's about 6p for the uninitiated and six would keep you dancing all night. Great times and never so much as a handbag raised in anger. :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Love the idea of Psycho watching a who-dunnit with his dad! Sorry to hear about Dave and Ann (though not surprised they split up). Shame he's disappeared, always had a lot of time for Dave so would love to see him again (I used to make his nervous ticks go into over-drive though). You mean Al Stevo from Halifax?

Do you know what happened to Scally? I heard that he had died - in fact hardly saw anything of him after Judith (his girlfriend) committed suicide. About the last I time I did he was in trouble for selling Riker products with grey stuff that lacked pupose or resin. He claimed that the chemist burglary had been set up by the pharmacist to cover the fact that he (the pharmacist) had been consuming the product. I liked the idea that Scally entertained the idea that a pharmacist would need to put rip-off gear in the DDA to cover his tracks... doubt he read much Agatha Christie

Edited by a8drewson
Social source share

Ian, great to hear from you! Yes, I remember it. I'm back in Sheffield now (not that most people on the scene associate me with Sheffield - in case someone reads the thread and tries to place me). Do you mean that long leather coat? That was quality! Bought it off Derrick Sharman from Leeds... that coat was right out of Blaxploitation! My last memory of the coat is being weighed down by it when I had to show a clean pair of heels and having to shed some weight and lose the distinctive coat... It was actually a very dark green. Wish I did still have it - I'd either get respect from my kids or they'd fall about laughing (yeah, I know, the latter). How's Chris (Psycho) - do you ever hear from him?

Tell you what, you may remember this. Were you at Wigan first time Kev Roberts did a session? I won't pre-empt that. But related to it, didn't you buy Frank Beverly on Sassy from me for - was it a tenner? It was just before it was pressed...

How are you? Still producing? Hope all's well!

That coat was rockin'! Very distinctive. I can imagine the cops taking one look at you thinking we'll have to take this guy down LOL. :lol:

Great early gangsta imagery. Didn't realise it was dark green. Still a snazzy f*ckin' coat.

Psycho disappeared completely sometime in the late 80's. He actually decided to cut communication with everyone. I presume he had his reasons which is fine.

My mate Liam pulled up next to him in a car a couple of years ago but Psycho just took off with a thumbs up. Another interesting guy. We're all lucky to be alive!

Social source share

He (Psycho)was something to do with Galaxy radio when it was was a fledgling pirate radio station in Leeds. I went to his flat in a tower block around early 1990's for dubious reasons and they were broadcasting from his bedroom!! 2 of the Utah Saints were in his kitchen. A very secure flat that was!!

Scally , not a clue.

Andy, I dont think May 11 is the holiday weekend mate so ..

Social source share

Hi Andrew,

Good to see that his thread has legs again! However, a point to make, have your book and read a few times, but an issue to discuss probably by pm's, is the use of Barbs. Originally you took Mandy's(Mandrax) to help the come down,the increase in Barb use in late 74 onwards was different,am sure we all had experiences on barbs, but why? Going to a niter barbed up for what? Totally the opposite of the initial reason for going,(excitement), however putting Amphet in the DDA cabinet is the reason for the increase in the use in opiates in the northern scene, but it is little to do with Barb/Opiate use in the UK at that time.

Looking back, and not my own opinion from those that were there, it was used by people who didn't have the bollocks to crank diamorph.(Am sure that you'll want to discuss this, so pm me).

By the way, a lot of the people who didn't make it in your book, didn't die from gear, Steve,Bootlace,Coddy, Russ,two of whom where good mates. Anyway, to more important issues, as Pete said, Dave Thomo is hard to find, but I have an angle and hopefully will get hold of him, mates for loads of years , met him and Alan Stevenson first at the Wheel and have a long history.

Lastly, a little quiz as this is about villains.......... Whose records where knicked in a blue box? what was in it? and where is the box now? Clue, it included a Dynavoice demo of Skiing in the Snow, which at the time hadn't been pressed and the club was the Cats,answers please on an original script for Green & Clears! That should sort out who was there and who thinks they where!

Shelly

Edited by shelly
Social source share

Hi Andrew,

Good to see that his thread has legs again! However, a point to make, have your book and read a few times, but an issue to discuss probably by pm's, is the use of Barbs. Originally you took Mandy's(Mandrax) to help the come down,the increase in Barb use in late 74 onwards was different,am sure we all had experiences on barbs, but why? Going to a niter barbed up for what? Totally the opposite of the initial reason for going,(excitement), however putting Amphet in the DDA cabinet is the reason for the increase in the use in opiates in the northern scene, but it is little to do with Barb/Opiate use in the UK at that time.

Looking back, and not my own opinion from those that were there, it was used by people who didn't have the bollocks to crank diamorph.(Am sure that you'll want to discuss this, so pm me).

By the way, a lot of the people who didn't make it in your book, didn't die from gear, Steve,Bootlace,Coddy, Russ,two of whom where good mates. Anyway, to more important issues, as Pete said, Dave Thomo is hard to find, but I have an angle and hopefully will get hold of him, mates for loads of years , met him and Alan Stevenson first at the Wheel and have a long history.

Lastly, a little quiz as this is about villains.......... Whose records where knicked in a blue box? what was in it? and where is the box now? Clue, it included a Dynavoice demo of Skiing in the Snow, which at the time hadn't been pressed and the club was the Cats,answers please on an original script for Green & Clears! That should sort out who was there and who thinks they where!

Shelly

Hi Shelly,

Think you're right about most issues being pm - I was a bit too enthusiastic at being among friends (forgot there was on open window for the world to look in). I can, in open forum, say I never took barbs - always hated them. It was probably a legacy of my drinking days - two bad experiences when I'd been drinking (I mean bad as in consequences for others) persuaded me that it was a bad job. I think I always say barbs in the same way - turned you into an instant piss head. I tell a lie, there was once. My old man had come back from South Africa with his headed shredded by his third wife - never marry anyone who says they'll commit suicide if you don't marry them. He was in a proper state. He had to stay with me, and I was at my gran's one bedroom flat on the Winn Garden's estate... she had the bedroom, he had the sofa and I was on the floor with an old dog that had angina and farted all night. All in all it put a shine on Tuinal.

Agree with those who didn't make it. There is no way the acknowledgement 'In memory' should have been taken as implying that they were drug deaths - these were named simple as old friends and acquaintances who didn't make it. I saw Russ a few times in the months before he died so I knew the background, and Coddy was a legend.

It would be brilliant to see Dave again, if you can get anywhere with that I'd be up for meeting up.

As for the Cats adventure. I have to confess - and this is tough for someone who managed to get to many mid-week and all-night clubs - for some reason I never made it to the Cats! I have no idea why that was, apart from always having somewhere else to go - the Central and VaVas were the main axis. It could have been down to being reliant on other people for lifts. So, can't help you with the blue box quiz... only ever had Invitations on a crap pressing!

Andy

Edited by a8drewson
Social source share

Hi Shelly,

Think you're right about most issues being pm - I was a bit too enthusiastic at being among friends (forgot there was on open window for the world to look in). I can, in open forum, say I never took barbs - always hated them. It was probably a legacy of my drinking days - two bad experiences when I'd been drinking (I mean bad as in consequences for others) persuaded me that it was a bad job. I think I always say barbs in the same way - turned you into an instant piss head. I tell a lie, there was once. My old man had come back from South Africa with his headed shredded by his third wife - never marry anyone who says they'll commit suicide if you don't marry them. He was in a proper state. He had to stay with me, and I was at my gran's one bedroom flat on the Winn Garden's estate... she had the bedroom, he had the sofa and I was on the floor with an old dog that had angina and farted all night. All in all it put a shine on Tuinal.

Agree with those who didn't make it. There is no way the acknowledgement 'In memory' should have been taken as implying that they were drug deaths - these were named simple as old friends and acquaintances who didn't make it. I saw Russ a few times in the months before he died so I knew the background, and Coddy was a legend.

It would be brilliant to see Dave again, if you can get anywhere with that I'd be up for meeting up.

As for the Cats adventure. I have to confess - and this is tough for someone who managed to get to many mid-week and all-night clubs - for some reason I never made it to the Cats! I have no idea why that was, apart from always having somewhere else to go - the Central and VaVas were the main axis. It could have been down to being reliant on other people for lifts. So, can't help you with the blue box quiz... only ever had Invitations on a crap pressing!

Andy

Send me a pm and then can have a sensible discussion, as for the quiz, the quiz master has the answers, does anyone else(perpetrators excluded) have the answer?

Coddy was a thug, the others where great guys.

Shelly

Social source share

Send me a pm and then can have a sensible discussion, as for the quiz, the quiz master has the answers, does anyone else(perpetrators excluded) have the answer?

Coddy was a thug, the others where great guys.

Shelly

Coddy certainly managed to stage an epic end - I never had any problems with Coddy, he could be laugh (though he did take pleasure in freaking people out). Agree with you on the others - but there is room for discussion.

Will pm you.

Andy

Edited by a8drewson
Social source share

Guest spudmurphy

if you lot got up to all this then you must of known mick sale from stockport who died in the early 80s

Edited by spudmurphy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!