United Sound Of Soul 4Th Anniversary

The first United Sound of Soul for 2011 takes place on Saturday 16th April at The Royal Hotel, Ablewell Steet, Walsall. DJ's for the night are Dave Welding, John Weston, John McClure, Phil Threlfall & Paul Cross. We're really looking forward to celebrating our 4th Anniversary after a long break, hoping to see some old and new faces. The night runs from 8 - 4 and still only £5.00 otd, record dealers always welcome.

As usual if anyone wants to book a room please contact the hotel directly on 01922 624555 and don't forget to mention the soul night to get your discount rooms are only small but clean and includes breakfast. If you need any further info please phone Kev on 01928 829878.

Sharon

• Replies 103
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just noticed this thread. Thanks for the reminder.

4 years!! that's some achievement.

You'll be seeing my old face there! ( I could do with a new face it there's any going spare - perhaps as an anniversary freebie).:hatsoff2:

KB

Will see what we can do Kev might be a bit difficult though, see you on the 16th if not before.

Sharon

Congratulations guys on 4 years of superb soul....:rolleyes:

...how time flies and we don't look a day older...

Seems ages since the Last USOS... maybe coz it is lol...

great line up yet again, all just right for USOS style of music..

playin some great music from all genres old and new...

really looking forward to this and catching up with a few people, that ive not seen out and about for a while....

Seems ages since the Last USOS... maybe coz it is lol...

great line up yet again, all just right for USOS style of music..

playin some great music from all genres old and new...

really looking forward to this and catching up with a few people, that ive not seen out and about for a while....

Well I can't wait!!

Can't believe it is four years :rolleyes:

Four years ohmy.gif Kinell, where did they go then???? Fantastic achievement guys, the spirit of Winnington lives on (with a few more people in thankfully :lol:). Be great to see you as always and really looking forward to playing a few records (Fantasians and Billy Hines packed already Shaz :rolleyes: ).

Hope to cadge a lift or at least travel down with Tony n Joan which always adds to the pleasure of seeing those all those like-minded USOS folks at one of the best nights around. Haven't heard Paul play before so looking forward to that and John, John n Dave are always top drawer so it all augurs well for a great night as per - I'll try not to ruin it :lol:

x

Guest Bearsy

Have a great night just gutted we cant make it but alas we are a tad busy spending all our money on what Marie wants for the new house :rolleyes: a record room is on the agenda though :lol:

best soul night in the country hatsoff2.gif

Bearsy & Marie

it was yesterday wasnt it lou.....:thumbsup:

Phil you didnt have that record very long did you hope you charged him double....

Cant wait to see you mace, Johnny said its your turn to drive.......

Really looking forward to this now less than two weeks, its been a long time coming

looking forward to hearing some top tunes...

great venue loads of parking great people and music....

it was yesterday wasnt it lou.....:thumbsup:

Phil you didnt have that record very long did you hope you charged him double....

Cant wait to see you mace, Johnny said its your turn to drive.......

Really looking forward to this now less than two weeks, its been a long time coming

looking forward to hearing some pop tunes...

great venue loads of parking great people and music....

Nah, I drove Johnny to the last Bidds so it's gotta be his turn :D

Pop tunes??

You'll be playing Latin next....

:D :D

...and if you happen to be in one of your 'Grumpy old man' moods, please enlarge this smiley :D x 100 scale, print onto stiff card, and tie a bit of lazzy band from each side to make an instant smiley mask.....wink.gif

In fact, don't bother, I'll do it meself and bring it with Sharons 'special' cushion she left at Bidds :yes:

Nah, I drove Johnny to the last Bidds so it's gotta be his turn :D

Pop tunes??

You'll be playing Latin next....

:D:thumbsup:

...and if you happen to be in one of your 'Grumpy old man' moods, please enlarge this smiley :D x 100 scale, print onto stiff card, and tie a bit of lazzy band from each side to make an instant smiley mask.....wink.gif

In fact, don't bother, I'll do it meself and bring it with Sharons 'special' cushion she left at Bidds :D

PMSL Mace, your not gonna let me forget about that cushion in fact might be a good idea to bring it with you coz after dancing for the night I'm sure my back will probably go again :yes:. Seriously though I'm looking forward to seeing as it's been a while, do you need a sales table.

Sharon

Have a great night just gutted we cant make it but alas we are a tad busy spending all our money on what Marie wants for the new house :thumbsup: a record room is on the agenda though :yes:

best soul night in the country :D

Bearsy & Marie

We'll miss you both, good luck with the new house and decorating hope to see you soon.

Sharon

PMSL Mace, your not gonna let me forget about that cushion in fact might be a good idea to bring it with you coz after dancing for the night I'm sure my back will probably go again :D. Seriously though I'm looking forward to seeing as it's been a while, do you need a sales table.

Sharon

Yes please, just one table between me & Beggsy.......pretty sure Des will need one as well, unless he's elsewhere that night.

Will be good to see you folks again :thumbsup:

Four years ohmy.gif Kinell, where did they go then???? Fantastic achievement guys, the spirit of Winnington lives on (with a few more people in thankfully :lol:). Be great to see you as always and really looking forward to playing a few records (Fantasians and Billy Hines packed already Shaz :hatsoff2: ).

Hope to cadge a lift or at least travel down with Tony n Joan which always adds to the pleasure of seeing those all those like-minded USOS folks at one of the best nights around. Haven't heard Paul play before so looking forward to that and John, John n Dave are always top drawer so it all augurs well for a great night as per - I'll try not to ruin it :huh:

x

Can't believe your still playing that shit Phil :lol: :lol: looking forward to everything else your gonna be playing.

Sharon

Guest fatcontroller

After putting Hiphuger (weston-super-mare) on the back burner finally last year, it's gonna be nice to get up to you at last.We vertually always used to clash date wise. Will be really good to see yourself & Kev again, how long has it been!!!!

Did'nt realise it was an S&M night aswell, I did'nt see that on the flyer :thumbsup:

Look forward to next week

Mick

After putting Hiphuger (weston-super-mare) on the back burner finally last year, it's gonna be nice to get up to you at last.We vertually always used to clash date wise. Will be really good to see yourself & Kev again, how long has it been!!!!

Did'nt realise it was an S&M night aswell, I did'nt see that on the flyer :thumbsup:

Look forward to next week

Mick

Be great to see you Mick and don't worry we don't expect you to come dressed the same as Phil :thumbsup:.

Sharon

Oops just realised I'm logged in as Kev, the mischief I could get upto :thumbsup:

Record Dealers tables always available...............

post-200-0-97241900-1302364182_thumb.jpg

The wig is easy, it's the size 12 slingbacks that are always the problem.

(Btw, someone'd better join me in praying that doesn't pop up if anyone googles me or my business :thumbsup: Hope you know a good barrister :lol:)

Edited by munchkin

Record Dealers tables always available...............

post-200-0-97241900-1302364182_thumb.jpg

Wig looks great......lippy colour is a bit OTT for my tastes though :thumbsup::shhh:

Would repay the favour Kev, but I think such an image might just be a bridge too far for the site.....plus I doubt I'd find a piccy of you actually smiling :lol:

So looking forward to Saturday!

Bringing Phil with us and I have heard from Mr Jones - he is definitely coming :lol:

Really looking forward to a belting night and it'll be fantastic to see Chris too, top, top bloke :hatsoff2:

I'll get the travel sweeties stocked-up

Source Advert