Worst Version

spike1

Just had a few(25) cd's given me just played

I'll do anything Lenny gamble(aka Tony Blackburn)

I think that this is the worst record that I have heard that is supposed to be a soul sound

Over to you what's your nightmare?

Spike

Social source share

• Replies 39
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think that this is the worst record that I have heard that is supposed to be a soul sound

Spike

far too many to metion spike but one i do keep hearing at the moment that makes my ears bleed is the instrumental to Lou Pride's - Im Comin Home In The Morn'un, drives me feckin bonkers :rolleyes:

Social source share

I remember Levine playing an alternate version of Cajun Hart`s "Got to find a way" about 10 years ago at a weekender and also on Searling`s Sunday show. He announced that it was a far superior version, no idea who it was but it was utter shite :lol: and an insult to the original.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I remember Levine playing an alternate version of Cajun Hart`s "Got to find a way" about 10 years ago at a weekender and also on Searling`s Sunday show. He announced that it was a far superior version, no idea who it was but it was utter shite :lol: and an insult to the original.

geofrey meteliko.........................it wo terrible. other side was opera i think

dave

Social source share

The apparently german-only version of Cliff Nobles "love is allright" by the Johnson Brothers is horrible. Complete talent-free singer with very amateur-ish backing. THAT makes your ear bleed. Will post it in RefoSoul soon laugh.gif

far too many to metion spike but one i do keep hearing at the moment that makes my ears bleed is the instrumental to Lou Pride's - Im Comin Home In The Morn'un, drives me feckin bonkers :D

You mean Southwind Symphony? I think that's a brilliant version. But as they say one man's Helen Shapiro is the other man's Lavern Banker :lol:

I remember Levine playing an alternate version of Cajun Hart`s "Got to find a way" about 10 years ago at a weekender and also on Searling`s Sunday show. He announced that it was a far superior version, no idea who it was but it was utter shite ohmy.gif and an insult to the original.

Isn't the sh*te one the first and/or original version?

Social source share

You mean Southwind Symphony? I think that's a brilliant version. But as they say one man's Helen Shapiro is the other man's Lavern Banker :rolleyes:

yep thats it ...sounds like the Southwind Symphony were pished when they recorded it :lol:

Social source share

Anything by the California Raisins, they are my pet hate.

Also, a song I picked up at a car boot, "Baby I Need Your Loving" by the Fourmost, (a 60S Merseybeat band) sounds worse than me on Karaoke and thats hard to beat !!! Not worth the 10p I paid for it thats for sure!!!

Edited by Girl Dancer
Social source share

Spike

Was it ever supposed to be a soul sound? thought it was only played (or given to be played) as a wind up ?

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Was it ever supposed to be a soul sound? thought it was only played (or given to be played) as a wind up ?

I agree Mike, no one ever claimed any of the records above are soul records. Plenty of non-soul played on the northern scene including Lenny Gamble.

I don't think the original question makes any sense.

Social source share

:hatsoff2:

TBH Cajun Hart ain't much better !!!!! but not as bad as Bill Bush - "I'm Waiting"

I'm waiting for somebody to tell me why it was ever played - it's pants !!!!

Edited by epic
Social source share

onbe mans meat, I love Bill bush. tis ace to these ears.

One man's meat indeed, Cajun Hart would be in any all time favourite top 30 I ever did. Used to be number 1 for a long time. Bill Bush is ok. Geoffrey Metliko is shocking. Helen Shapiro is fabulous.

Social source share

George Lemons - Fascinating Girl (Yip, a pure lemon!).

Five Royales - Catch That Teardrop (Dirge)

Tommy Navarro - I Cried My Life Away (Country AND Western!)

When these are on it's fag break time, (and I don't even smoke!)

Regards,

Dave

Wrong thread I'm afraid?

Social source share

I agree Mike, no one ever claimed any of the records above are soul records. Plenty of non-soul played on the northern scene including Lenny Gamble.

I don't think the original question makes any

sense.

If it don't make any sense to you don't get involved

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!