Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

Guest Perception

what does the 45 of this look like? don't think i've ever come across it.

It's on a local label, that I can't remember, then picked up for national release by Loma.

Social source share

this record is rare, but it's very rare on a black stock copy, most copies are white label

Not seen a stocker of Cruisers Bob, got a couple of white demo's but find it's one of those that suffers from Gamble's crap vinyl pressings myself (bit like Oliver Bush) as you will know, it's got a great sweet flipside their version of "Picture Us"

steve

Social source share

GRAYSON STREET ¢°í"¹"  MEDICINE MAN ~ HOUSEROCKER RECORDS

this one may not be everyone's cup of tea but it's a nice late sixties early seventies sound that was made not to far from me in Pinole California

and also seems to be unknown to many so....

https://youtu.be/JG3IAiEgg8M

Social source share

Underplayed tune from me today.Another that has suffered from not getting the plays it deserves because it's cheap.

Benny Latimore-I've Got News For You Girl Dade

Cheers

Martyn

Dead right Martyn, unfortunately far too many people have the "Cheap=Crap" mentality! More fool them for missing some great tunes like this eh? :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest kev such

At the moment for me,

Jimmy "Preacher" Ellis "Im gonna do it by myself".

Absolutely belting RnB, and once the tune kicks in its like a tidlewave of pure WOW ( well for me anyway).

Regards and Merry Christmas

Kev and Karen

Social source share

Guest kev such

Kev

Great choice with a brill B side............"Go Head On"

Jimmy 'Preacher' Ellie-Go Head On Jewel.mp3

Cheers

Martyn

I put it onto the 6th Anniversary Cream Cracker Cd Martyn, and play it in my van to and from work. Wonder if people look in and question why Im so cheery at 7.30 in the morning. Have had a copy for about a year and have been playing it out every chance I get.

Kev

Social source share

Kev

Great choice with a brill B side............"Go Head On"

Jimmy 'Preacher' Ellie-Go Head On Jewel.mp3

Cheers

Martyn

I put it onto the 6th Anniversary Cream Cracker Cd Martyn, and play it in my van to and from work. Wonder if people look in and question why Im so cheery at 7.30 in the morning. Have had a copy for about a year and have been playing it out every chance I get.

Kev

Kev

Had mine quite a bit longer then that but need to put it back in the playbox as I'd forgotten how good it sounds :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share