Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

This morning's offering: Not sure who these girls are (Bob A?), but pulled this out yesterday, haven't played this in 25 years. Great girlie dancer with a nice piano break midway. Anyone ever hear this out nowadays anywhere?

Regards,

Dave

Dave

Good old fashioned girlie dancer,love it :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Gonna be a bit cheeky and post 2 this morning. Don't know anything about this group but the song originally came out on Paradox Records. It's currently getting some hammer in my record room. Fantastic lilting horn playing.

Regards,

Dave

Absolutely sublime slab o soul David........welcome to the dark side :lol: .

Now if anyone wants to sell me the stocker - the money is waiting & can be in ya dirty mits pronto..........

Merry Xmas my friend.

Best Russ

Social source share

This morning's offering: Not sure who these girls are (Bob A?), but pulled this out yesterday, haven't played this in 25 years. Great girlie dancer with a nice piano break midway. Anyone ever hear this out nowadays anywhere?

Regards,

Dave

I talked to one of the members once, she was Carl Davis' wife at the time. She has a different last name now. I didn't get much info and unfortunately I never followed up. I think there are no common members between this Peaches and the Mercury Peaches although one group might have evolved into the other.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There is where it all started for me and my mates. We got into soul music when a class mate bought the Temptations 1990 and played it to us. It's a fantastic album using original members of the Funk Bros James Jamerson, Earl Van Dyke, Jack Ashford, Eddie Willis plus Dennis Coffey, Melvin Ragin. I think this track is one of their best 70's tunes. Hope you like it too!

https://youtu.be/8KiB0mjKW3s

post-19579-0-68523900-1323727793_thumb.j

Social source share

Miff

Thought you wouldn't be able to resist commenting on The Debonaires having had a lengthy discussion about it with at Wilton many moons ago :D

Cheers

Martyn

I Need to get back there too, havent been for far to long,yoy must of got me on a good night cos i usally talk BoXXXoxS :lol:

Social source share

Gonna take a liberty this morning and post another one. That'll be a hatrick of proper singing from a proper singer. :thumbup: Fantastico! as we say down our way.

Regards,

Dave

Big fav there Dave, the best side for me too, You used to see Drum label listed in Detroit label listings, but don't think it is Detroit?

steve

Social source share