Banbury Internet Radio

Tabs

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mellytee

It is back....The Creature from The (Man) Cave.................8pm until the plug is pulled out............or meter runs out...... :wicked: XXX

Social source share

Guest mellytee

The first guest at BIR Man Cave arrives tomorrow....hot off the train from Oxford Town via god only knows where this week........... :D (check you platform number before boarding the bloody train Richie :shhh:)

Yes its long-standing, long-suffering, long-serving soul survivor Mr Richard Morriss Esq. A good friend and a constant supporter of Nick and BIR , it is a fitting start to the new chapter......

Welcome Richie ....don't be scared if we bolt the door behind you....its cos you are our 'special' friend..... :wicked:

XXXX

Melly

(8 til when we have had enough.........)

Social source share

Guest mellytee

MOLDIE IN THE MANCAVE!!!!

Tonight is Moldie's first visit to the new BIR station

8 - 'til we make a democratic decision to wind up.

:DIf Moldie is not on form, that should be roughly 8.15pm

:D

The cheese and cucumber sandwiches (on white) will be prepared shortly

& Nick is off on a scavenge round Morrison's bins for some extra sustenance and dented cans.

No expense spared for BIR guests of this calibre!!!!

:yes:

Please join us..........

:thumbup:

Social source share

Guest mellytee

MOLDIE IN THE MANCAVE!!!!

Tonight is Moldie's first visit to the new BIR station

8 - 'til we make a democratic decision to wind up.

:DIf Moldie is not on form, that should be roughly 8.15pm

:D

The cheese and cucumber sandwiches (on white) will be prepared shortly

& Nick is off on a scavenge round Morrison's bins for some extra sustenance and dented cans.

No expense spared for BIR guests of this calibre!!!!

:yes:

Please join us..........

Social source share

Great set of tunes Moldie. Good to catch up with you, yet again!

Brilliant fun night, lots of banter. Even though we are passionate about the music, sometimes it is good not to take yourself too seriously. I think that is why this radio show works..... with the banter and excellent guests Nick has on the show.

Next Banbury Soul Club - 22nd September. Guest DJ's Nige Brown and Eddie Hubbard. GF Social Club, OX16 2PA

Charlie Mc

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest eringobrath1965

Another Tuesday .. another night of quality sounds and quality banter served up by quality people .. :hatsoff2:

Moldie you played a blinder mate :thumbsup: !!!

You know ' not-rights ' you really are very special people :yes:

DTG

Social source share

Another cracking night at BIR Dithers & matt played some great tunes but I would really like to see playlists on here as sometimes I miss the odd one I dont know. be nice as well to have a photo each week of whose in because some of us dont know all the Djs and it would be really great to see a pic of the person playing the tunes!

Tuesday nights wouldnt be the same without BIR thank goodness its back and in the mancave as well! Oh its sheer heaven!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Have to agree Suz :yes: ....its a regular Tuesday night listen in our house now...

Thoroughly enjoy it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Get yourselves logged onto the chatroom as well, we have a fun time in there. :thumbup:

Yep another top night with top tunes, well done again to all involved and a big thanks to Nick, the move to the Mancave has worked well. :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get yourselves logged onto the chatroom as well, we have a fun time in there. :thumbup:

Yep another top night with top tunes, well done again to all involved and a big thanks to Nick, the move to the Mancave has worked well. :thumbsup:

Agreed. Yes Chris the topic of conversation in the chatroom yesterday was the naming of Garv's neurotic tom cat :D, however there is always a range of subjects we rabbit about, mainly about the music what is being played of course, but we do stray from topic rather a lot :rofl:

Suz xxx

Social source share

Agreed. Yes Chris the topic of conversation in the chatroom yesterday was the naming of Garv's neurotic tom cat :D, however there is always a range of subjects we rabbit about, mainly about the music what is being played of course, but we do stray from topic rather a lot :rofl:

Suz xxx

Now that particular topic went on most of the night, twas fun though. :lol::lol::lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest eringobrath1965

WOW !! I WANT A MAN-CAVE & I WANT ONE NOW !!!! :yes: lol

.. Brilliant night @ BIR last night with Nick ,Tabs , Sian,Dean & Charlie Mc in the man-cave , Huge thanks from myself and Matt for everyone tuning in and leaving positive comments :thumbup:

We had a ball and hope you all enjoyed the music , Good luck to BSB for next Tuesday , im sure its gonna be another ' gud un ' ..Hers my playlist from Tuesday and Matt will be posting his up

as soon as he's recovered !! lolol ... see yah's Tuesday not-right's !!

DTG .. aka Jeff

Ron Henderson - Love is gone

Errol Gaye - Love & Affection ( Steel )

Exportations - I want you - ( vir-ro )

Flora Wilson - Dancing on a daydream ( Soulvation army )

The Younghearts - Your not here with me ( soul-street )

Weapons of peace - This life's about to get me down ( Playboy )

Ujima - Im getting hip to you ( Epic )

Reggie Garner - That aint the way ( ABC )

Liberty - Girl you better wake up -vocal ( BASF )

The Profiles - If i didnt love you ( Duo )

Four Mints - I want to come back ( Capsoul )

The Two Fellows - Stop ( Mutt )

The Intrigues - Im gonna love you ( Yew )

The Impressions - I'll always love you ( Curtom )

Larry Santos - Cant get you out of my mind ( Casablanca )

Odds & Ends - Love makes the world go round ( Today )

Robert John - Cant stop loving you ( Cloumbia )

Five Stairsteps - Playgirls love ( Windy city )

Lorraine Johnson - Can i hold you to it ( Atlantic )

Ruby & the Romantics - Hurting each other ( A&M )

Black Nasty - I have no choice ( Sundae )

Annabelle Fox - Getting through to me ( Satin )

Lou Johnson - The panic is on ( unreleased Bell )

Freddie Scott - Where does love go ( Colpix )

Think that was it ?? lol :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest eringobrath1965

Impressions ... Yup it was that one mate , tired eyes ,long wk/end mate :rofl: lolol ..

Black Nasty superb verion i think .. starting to get a few plays and should be able to pick one up for around 10/15

Social source share

Guest eringobrath1965

It's Tuesdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!

Live tonight @ Nicks man cave the chat room;s resident Jester Bristol Soul Boy :thumbup: :thumbup:

So tune in from 8 till sort of 3 hours later for some serious Soul - banal Banter - depths of Depravity ( moldie yes you !! lol ) and errrrrmmm sausage rolls and ketchup

Later's not rights :D

Social source share

Whey hey, it's tuesday, :thumbup:

Big Bad Bazil spinning his own selection tonight, can't wait, if his tunes are like his humour, we're in for a guddun. :D:D:D

take my mind off the bloody car that has failed it's MOT for an ABS light on the dash, 2 moras job. :(

Catch you not rights later. :wicked:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest mellytee

Absolute pleasure having you in last night Barry and added bonus of Chris and Simon too; lovely people, loving their tunes.

The Swindon Town signed football was a smashing treat for Turvey, he will enjoy looking at it rather than using it LOLOLOLOL

Best of luck to Simon on his tour of Europe via Northants and see you saturday Chris & Barry & Sue XXX

Social source share

Topsy picked me up from the airport this afternoon Barry. Pity I wasn't there at the show with you. Would have been nice to catch up, but as you know I was away on holiday. Will catch the show Sunday.Cheers for now Charlie Mc I like the old Circencester Town write up you gave Turvey to give to me, when you beat us 4 - 0. (Easington Sports) Thanks for that, not BANBURY SOUL CLUB - with Nige Brown and Eddie Hubbard. 22nd September. GF Social Club, Banbury. OX16 2PA

Edited by C.Mc
Social source share

Guest mellytee

What a lovely welcome pressie Charlie lololol 4 - 0 3 scored by barry .....were you in goal...or the bar ? See you saturday & no I dont want to see you or Shirley's white bits!!!!! :wicked::D:ohmy: xxx

Social source share

What a lovely welcome pressie Charlie lololol 4 - 0 3 scored by barry .....were you in goal...or the bar ? See you saturday & no I dont want to see you or Shirley's white bits!!!!! :wicked::D:ohmy: xxx

What Barry didn't add, that it was only me and the Goalie that could play that day. Nine of the other players had gone down with the flu ........ At full time it was still 0 - 0. And as it was a Cup game it went into extra time, where they beat us 4 - 0. I couldn't play the extra time, as I went off injured.

Lol

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest mellytee

You'll never guess who is on BIR tomorrow............second time on the show and a virgin to the man cave...............................

:thumbup: Mr John Manship, ably assisted by Paul 'Beat Ballad Heaven' Royle and the odd bit of filth words from Nick Turvey. :thumbup:

Tune in from 8

Party starts at 7

BYOB (that includes you Manship

:wicked: )

Melly XX

Social source share

Guest mellytee

NEW EBAY ITEM:

NEARLY NEW, PERSONALISED CAR REGISTRATION PLATE (SLIGHT CROW BAR DAMAGE) :

' SOUL 1'

ADDERBURY, BANBURY, OXON....AVAILABLE IN ABOUT AN HOUR :wicked:

(John M; Nick says can you park on his drive so that his neighbours think he has won the lottery? many thanks :hatsoff2: )

Melly X

Edited by mellytee
Social source share

Blimey was that 24 hours ago already?! I think I'm losing the plot. Some great records in the show this week and some interesting stories too (well, mostly, but absolutely need the silly banter & Chatango thingy, as that's what really makes the night so good!). :yes:

How good to hear that amazing Eddie Parker 45 played twice (at least I think it was!), before it was sold today for more than my annual record budget. Lucky so and so! :glare:

New website sounds interesting when it finally happens and looking forward to a visit to "the cave" in a couple of weeks. There's a rumour that Len might even drive for the first time in about 18 months. Booster seat at the ready :shhh::D

Keep up the great work Topsy & Co, as Tuesday's just wouldn't be the same.

Cheers, Steve S.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest mellytee

Might I just say what wonderful evening I had last night in the MAN CAVE nice-people messing around with vinyl...who could ask for more..highlight of the evening was watching one m

an consume 3 bottles of bad white wine and still be not only coherent but also the funniest man to ever play a soul record....topsey turvy YOU ARE THE MAN!

From John Manship on FB BIR group page

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Tuesday? ............................When?.......... What tomorrow? Er.........................................

Good job I'm organised people, a very special welcome from BIR Man Cave extended to Gentleman 'Maz' Mazurek of Oxford Soul Club infamy!!! :wicked:

Yep you drew the shortest straw this week my old pal and it's your turn flying solo in the Cave Cockpit.....well with a little teeny weeny bit of 'help' from Captain Turvey and Flight Attendant Taylor.

:ohmy:

I think the trolley will be more than replenished upon take off at 8pm & probably empty when we land (ETA :before next Tuesday's guest arrives)

:D Come fly with us - its like The Red Baron with added soul music :D

Edited by mellytee
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!