Banbury Internet Radio

Tabs

Guest BENSON BOY

Really looking forward to playing a few tunes tonight on BIR,should be easy following last weeks duo (yeah right).

Anyway,beers in the fridge,so is the wine, chocolate cake and sausage rolls are all going to be traveling to Banbury tonight.

Be good to see all those lovely country folk again.

see you all later

MAZ

Social source share

Really looking forward to playing a few tunes tonight on BIR,should be easy following last weeks duo (yeah right).

Anyway,beers in the fridge,so is the wine, chocolate cake and sausage rolls are all going to be traveling to Banbury tonight.

see you all later

MAZ

Have a great night on the show Maz,[ Will pop over and help you drink the fridge.]

Charlie.

Social source share

see you all later

MAZ

eagerly awaiting the show and your tunes

Social source share

Great entertainment as always this week and so so good to hear the likes of Andy Fisher, Rhonda Davis, Ray & Dave, Continental Showstoppers, Robert Tanner, Lewis Clark + Papa Bear & Cubs (not to be confused with Little Bear stories cartoon my girls like!), to name but a few from memory.

Anyone who's not yet tried this show on a Tuesday night is missing out. :yes:

Steve

Social source share

Guest mellytee

You know what, that show was full of soul......full of nice people on chatroom, no pomp and circumstance, just lovely tunes with good friends.

Thank you for joining in everyone.Perfect balance of madness and marvellous :)

(Nick was overwhelmed last night when i showed him the SS view & comment figures from this thread; 'we're quite popular then?' - typical Nick :yes: )

Have a great week

M XX

Social source share

You know what, that show was full of soul......full of nice people on chatroom, no pomp and circumstance, just lovely tunes with good friends.

Thank you for joining in everyone.Perfect balance of madness and marvellous :)

(Nick was overwhelmed last night when i showed him the SS view & comment figures from this thread; 'we're quite popular then?' - typical Nick :yes: )

Have a great week

M XX

Are you saying Im not nice cos I missed last night ( Was summoned to her majestys! for the evening) :lol:

Social source share

Well another cracker of a night again, though I knew it would be :D

Mazz played some great tunes & Topsy keeps splurting out his corny lines in the style that only Topsy can do :thumbup:

The new Mancave is proving to be the place to be on a tuesday evening, Thanks to all concerned. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest BENSON BOY

Just like to say a big thank you to Nick for the invite to BIR again,supported by Mel and Charlie Mc.

Thanks to every one that listened in and joined in the chat room and for all the nice comments made about the tunes i played.

It really is a geat opportunity to play 3 hours of your own personel taste in music,thats why theres a long queue to appear in the mancave and with such fun hosts.

Hopefully i'll get invited back in the future,probably will when the fridge is getting low.

Once again big thanks to all.

Maz

Oxford soul club

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Hey............... you lot..........Steve 'OCD' Scotney is our guest tomorrow night at 8pm with Mr Turvey hosting in his own 'special' style :ohmy:

The pies are chilling, lager cooling & kettle filled ready for an ecclectic mixture of banter, music and more music from The Mancave.

Steve please check the sound, leads, chairs, fridge & decks for booby-traps before commencing show..........we are not insured for any injuries sustained before, during or after the show and I know you are keen on all aspects of health, safety & diversity within the workplace....... in the event of a fire, grab all the vinyl you can and run for it.

Stay safe Scotters....every man & woman for themselves on the Shades of Soul Show.........play those tunes....loud!!!!!!

XXX

Social source share

Hey............... you lot..........Steve 'OCD' Scotney is our guest tomorrow night at 8pm with Mr Turvey hosting in his own 'special' style :ohmy:

Thanks a lot Mel, but I know of at least two more people who have far worse OCD than I do. Hang on though, I'll just check and check again... (must be some link between OCD and soul!) :D

That is unless you're talking about Original CDs?! I am bringing a couple along with me :shhh:

Really looking forward to tonight and thanks for having me back a 3rd time, after Len originally introduced me to Nick and this show almost a couple of years ago now. Tuesday nights have not been the same since...in a good way!

I think another recent and infinitely more knowledgeable guest is joining me + will hopefully also bring a few records to include as well as talking about some of mine, as I know nothing! :thumbsup:

See you later, Steve.

Edited by 71 Steve
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest mellytee

Not Ted Massey AGAIN Steve......who could your guest be????????

I will be cringing at Nick's comments at home due to 'shifts' but at least his left arm will be slap free this week......have a great night Steve + significant other :wicked: ( Give him a cuddle from me - no tongues :P ) and have a blast.

Can't wait to see you all on Saturday at Snooks where you will be Nick's carer for the night - me, Lin and Rich will be in party mode LOLOLOL

Bon Chance, Break a leg etc XXXXXX

Melly :huh::):wicked:

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Well done Steve for finding your way, playing some great tunes AND managing to stay dignified & polite amidst the Chaos of the Cave........ I'm hoping BG was more help on the way back as navigator than he was on the incoming journey :rofl:

See you both and the other members of the Merry Northants Not Rights Gang on saturday at Snooks..........YOUR ROUND!!!!!!!!!!

XXXXX Melly

Social source share

Thanks for all your feedback and for having us along last night...It was fun at times, mad at times and quite scary at times too :huh::D

I thought the day before, that 3 hours would be a long time for people to just hear records I enjoy listening to (as was proved to be the case after just the first record :D ), so it was great that Brian could join me at short notice and share some more of his records, CDs and knowledge on the night to make it a double dose of soul selections.

All the best and look forward to seeing some of you on Saturday night.

Steve :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest mellytee

It is the Hubbard Connosueir 'Special' Show tonight.....

King of The Soul People, Eddie Hubbard and his hand picked tunes.....no silliness, no drunkeness, just serious soul.

Tune in and be educated

:g: :g: :g:

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Stevie P.....one of the new blades of Northamptonshire is on his way to the Man Cave Inauguration Ceremony tonight

:)

Don't be scared Stevie, you will join fellow Not Rights such as John Manship, Richie Morriss, Paul Royle, Bristol Barry, Maz Of Oxford Soul Club and of course The Maestro himself Nick Topsey Turvey!!!!!

Have fun....and don't scream too loudly, it upsets the neighbours..............

8 O'clock ...........................BIR

. See you there people XXX

Social source share

Still an hour to go and have to say what an absolutley brilliant nite!

Steve please post your playlist please!

I've missed this by all accounts! Ended up joining the wrong fecking site - I think. Anyone got a link that works? I'm afraid Mel's attempt at being the Pied Piper of SS failed miserably - but she did try! :)

Thanks

Peter :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Pete I am absolutely sh%te on the old IT skills.....having said that you are a grown man and I expect you to tune in on sunday 12 -3 to get a taste of what you missed........you too Barry don't think you are blameless either!!!!!! :wicked: Then you can come to the man cave and play your own tunes for our delectation............. :thumbup:

Link at top of this (long) thread or on FB Banbury Internet Sould club group thingy whatsit................ :shhh:

It was a cracking night Steve P.....Nick's new best friend forever :huh::rofl:

XXXX

Social source share

Link at top of this (long) thread or on FB Banbury Internet Sould club group thingy whatsit................ :shhh:

Melly

I managed to log in - even joined up, got mesen a new name, and everything. :rolleyes:

Been sat in that fecking chat room for hours - on me own, no fecker to chat to. Been talking to mesen - no fecker has even had the decency to say hello! It's a killer loneliness, a killer!

:wicked::lol:

LOL

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Pete you bloody pillock............but you are our pillock now.....welcome to the beautiful world of Banbury Internet Radio.....best time to listen is Tuesday @ 8pm (Shades of Soul) and repeat on sunday 12 - 3pm with C;assic Soul with nick flying solo on sunday at 6pm..........join us.....ooopss to late you are in our power :wicked: :wicked: :wicked:

Social source share

Pete you bloody pillock............but you are our pillock now.....welcome to the beautiful world of Banbury Internet Radio.....best time to listen is Tuesday @ 8pm (Shades of Soul) and repeat on sunday 12 - 3pm with C;assic Soul with nick flying solo on sunday at 6pm..........join us.....ooopss to late you are in our power :wicked: :wicked: :wicked:

I shall give it a whirl Melly. Took me fecking long enough to get there - it would be a crime not too!

:D

Peter

Social source share

I shall give it a whirl Melly. Took me fecking long enough to get there - it would be a crime not too!

:D

Peter

Do you know what you've done Pete????

It's madness in the chatroom & Mancave, you'll never be the same again, it's full of looneys posting about, Mmmm let me think :g: about anything & I mean anything, Tony.

The only one who's still normal. :ohmy:

Social source share

Do you know what you've done Pete????

It's madness in the chatroom & Mancave, you'll never be the same again, it's full of looneys posting about, Mmmm let me think :g: about anything & I mean anything, Tony.

The only one who's still normal. :ohmy:

I just sent a something request on FB - err, can I join sort of thing! Don't really do much FB but I'll dip my toe in if they'll ave me!

LOl

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest mellytee

Pete listen into Nick Turvey tonight - a few will be in the chat room but its Nutter night on Tuesdays....this is your gentle entry into Shades of Soul ........Nurse the screens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XX 6 - 8 pm tonight; don't be late!!

Social source share

Pete listen into Nick Turvey tonight - a few will be in the chat room but its Nutter night on Tuesdays....this is your gentle entry into Shades of Soul ........Nurse the screens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XX 6 - 8 pm tonight; don't be late!!

Ah, Melly. Nearly missed it - I didn;t see this post until now, so thanks for the FB email. I'm pleased I made it and had a cracking time.

Anyone else reading this should take a look/listen too. Nick played a superb set of soul music whilst we had a bit of fun in the chat room. Highly recommended - so take a look listen yersen on Tuesday night.

Cheers

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Ah, Melly. Nearly missed it - I didn;t see this post until now, so thanks for the FB email. I'm pleased I made it and had a cracking time.

Anyone else reading this should take a look/listen too. Nick played a superb set of soul music whilst we had a bit of fun in the chat room. Highly recommended - so take a look listen yersen on Tuesday night.

Cheers

Peter

:thumbsup:

Ah yes Pete I recognise you now ...

Best

• Helpful 1
Social source share

stevep play list banbury 23.10.12

No Better For Ya

Jo Armstead

Don't Put Me Down

Pic & Bill

Have We Met Before

Skip Cunningham

Wait A Minute

Hesitations

That's The Way It Goes

Ernestine Eady

My Baby

Freeman Bros

Ain't Gonna Let It Get Me Down

Gayle Harris

She's A HeartBreak

Chandeliers

Won't You Please

Superlatives

Dancin' Man

Ernie K Doe

If You're Looking For A Fool

Big John Hamilton

I Loved You Once

Joys

Gettoville

Rufus Wood

I Want To Thank You

Fidels

Searching

Willie Hatcher

Straighten Up Your Heart

Barbara Lewis

Leave Her Alone

Ray Jiminez

They Say I'm Afraid

Freddy Butler

You're Falling In Love

Betty Everett

That's All

Eddie Floyd

L.O.V.E

Solid Solution

Alone With You

Mike Pinera

You And Me For Right Now

Teddy Pendergrass

Love Me

Impressions

Stop And Think

Trammps

The One Who Really Loves You

Bill Spoon

With A Broken Heart

Soul Pushers

Human

Neo Experience

I Call It Love

Pretenders

You Bet I Would

Pat Livinston

Checkin' Out

Festivals

Don't Take Your Love

Little Samson

Yo're Just Plain Nice

Louis Curry

What You Gonna Do Now

Lashawn Collins

You Got To Prove It

Dan Brantley

I Need You Like A Baby

Janice

A Little Bit Of Love

Charen Cotton

Crying Time Is Over

Tony Love

Stop And Listen

Patti Drew

There He Is

Dream Team

This Little Girl Of Mine

Major IV

Why Why Why

Mill Evans

Get Yourself Together

Young Hearts

They Say

Cam Cameron

I Nedd Your Lovin'

Turn-A-Rounds

Hey Girl

Caprells

Steve Ps Great Playlist from last Tuesday :):thumbup:

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Guest mellytee

The Prodigal Sons return.................... Charlie Mac, Stev M, Tom B & (possibly) Tabs (flying in from God only know's where this week......) to spin some amazing tunes in a warm up ready for Saturday's Big Bash.

9 years of Banbury Soul Club - if you haven't experienced it yet, please come over to our 'house', we're having a party........great dance floor, great tunes, mediocre people (I jest!)

Sir Ted Massey and Mr 'Woody' Soul are the Guest DJ's,

ably assisted by the Gang of 4!!

BIR 8pm til it finishes XXX

Edited by mellytee
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!