Soulsource Record Club Record Of The Day 2012 (Spring)

Joe Frazier - First Round Knockout on Motown, brings back some memories, and I did have to buy a demo at the weekend.....

Great Boxer - not so sure about the singing though!

Social source share

I know I've mentioned this before, but PLEASE could you put the title and artist in the body of the post, as I cant actually see any of the videos while I'm at work, and can't tell what's been posted until I get home!!

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Social source share

I know I've mentioned this before, but PLEASE could you put the title and artist in the body of the post, as I cant actually see any of the videos while I'm at work, and can't tell what's been posted until I get home!!

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Kristy "Giving you love" "Want to know more about you" hope this helps.
Social source share

Guest Marky Tee

Joe Frazier - First Round Knockout on Motown, brings back some memories, and I did have to buy a demo at the weekend.....

Great Boxer - not so sure about the singing though!

i think the vocals may have been better if Smokin Joe had taken out his gum shield first! :thumbup::boxing:
Social source share

Intruders Hang on in there Gamble 7"

Always loved this, great Philly! Mick

MIDDLETON, GENE & FUNK FACTORY :

No One To Love Me

Beautiful crossover, Nice One! Mick

Dunno what folks will make o this one.

As far as I can make out Royal Jesters were a latin/soul/garage band:

The Royal Jesters "That Girl" :

Edited by Mick Sway
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Dunno what folks will make o this one.

As far as I can make out Royal Jesters were a latin/soul/garage band:

The Royal Jesters "That Girl" :

Mick

I have this on a Bell demo & have always thought they sounded white???Don't know about a Latin band???

Love the backingtrack but always thought the vocals don't live up to that so have never played it out but would love to hear it booming out at a big venue to see what it sounds like?

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

As most of my post last week seemed to be 70t's I thought I'd address that with a few 60t's this week,so here goes.

Always think this has that 60t's mod feel to it,just love those screeching horns in the break.

Delores Clark-I'm Livin' To Please Antares

Cheers

Martyn

For some reason it won't let me "like" it...... but I do!!

Social source share

For some reason it won't let me "like" it...... but I do!!

Paul

I know what you mean,her vocals aren't great,the arrangement is all over the place & the fidelity of the records not the best but it just works & when you hear it out WOW!!!!

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Mick

I have this on a Bell demo & have always thought they sounded white???Don't know about a Latin band???

Love the backingtrack but always thought the vocals don't live up to that so have never played it out but would love to hear it booming out at a big venue to see what it sounds like?

Cheers

Martyn

They're defo a Latino Soul outfit, checkout the writing credits, written by band member Albert Garcia,

here's a quote from You-tube feedback:

"The three vocalist Henry Hernandez, Jack Martinez and Ralph Cortez were probably my favorite line-up!"

Henry Hernandez being the joint producer of this tune, I think" that girl" came out on a local label.

This also quite nice, sounds like a similar vocalist :

Edited by Mick Sway
Social source share

They're defo a Latino Soul outfit, checkout the writing credits, written by band member Albert Garcia,

here's a quote from You-tube feedback:

"The three vocalist Henry Hernandez, Jack Martinez and Ralph Cortez were probably my favorite line-up!"

Henry Hernandez being the joint producer of this tune, I think" that girl" came out on a local label.

This also quite nice, sounds like a similar vocalist

Mick

Sounds more like the "Three Amigos" :D

Nice one great info.

Cheers

Martyn

PS Have you heard "That Girl" out???

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Haven't been out for a while now.

Knackered knees & bad hearing only the great taste remains!

Best

Mick

Mick

You should get yourself out we're all like that now :thumbsup:

The thing I find saddest is I spend loads a time at "do's" talking about drugs...........unfortunately the legal ones we all need now to get through the day :(

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Mick

You should get yourself out we're all like that now :thumbsup:

The thing I find saddest is I spend loads a time at "do's" talking about drugs...........unfortunately the legal ones we all need now to get through the day :(

Cheers

Martyn

Hey Martyn youre showing your age us young uns can still shake a mean Hoof !! Lol without drugs Edited by Andy Reynard
Social source share

Hey Martyn youre showing your age us young uns can still shake a mean Hoof !! Lol without drugs

Andy

You should listen to us old timers as it's the impending doom that awaits you very soon when you make it past the big 5-0.

Enjoy your time on the dancefloor without needing medical help afterwards......it won't last :D

Saying that you're a 70t's boy aren't you,even I can dance to that stuff without getting out of breath :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Andy

You should listen to us old timers as it's the impending doom that awaits you very soon when you make it past the big 5-0.

Enjoy your time on the dancefloor without needing medical help afterwards......it won't last :D

Saying that you're a 70t's boy aren't you,even I can dance to that stuff without getting out of breath :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

oh am out of breath to the yumm yumms these days was 10 stone at 18 ya can add another 7 to that now Very Soon will have to stop my acrobatics for fear of breaking the dance floor not looking forward to be a chin stroker int that what happens when ya turn 50?????
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest MrC

Stomper anyone?

Ruby Winters-I Don't Want To Hurt Nobody Diamond

Cheers

Martyn

Another Class Tune Martyn :thumbup:

Social source share

H

Now this is a so,so good.Steve Plumb played it at the last Driving Beat & it sounded brilliant.LP only isn't it??

Cheers

Martyn

That's right Martyn LP only, took me ages to find this nice copy but i believe it was re-released on a 45 Soul HQ label :yes:

ATB H

Edited by 22ndsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest MrC

Paul

Been told it got a few plays in the early days at Wigan?Before my time been a whipper snapper & all that,can't say I remember ever hearing it played anywhere?

Cheers

Martyn

I remember it getting plays mid 70s onwards at a few venues - certainly around the midlands area, something i always had in my box up until around the mid 80s

Social source share

I wondered if any one had seen this very controversial Marvin / Kool and the Gang mix,

currently shown on another thread:

Personally I love it, though the soul police are out in force.

Later Edit: I now find out that its been on you tube for a couple years, so I guess I'm joining the party late.

Edited by Mick Sway
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Heart attack anyone..........heard this out a few times recently,would have made it to the dancefloor 30 years ago but I break out in a sweat just listening to it these days :D

Cheers

Martyn

THIS IS WHAT NORTHERN SOUL USED TO BE ABOUT

LI LI LI LI LIKE IT

KEV

Social source share

I know technically this is a 70t's record but I think it was recorded in the 60t's & used as a B side filler in 71.Whatever the year it's a great pounding dancer that has bubbled under for years without ever going big.

Donald Height-Rags To Riches To Rags Avco

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Guest MrC

I know technically this is a 70t's record but I think it was recorded in the 60t's & used as a B side filler in 71.Whatever the year it's a great pounding dancer that has bubbled under for years without ever going big.

Donald Height-Rags To Riches To Rags Avco

Cheers

Martyn

Great tune and undeservedly ignored by so many!

Social source share

Guest MrC

It's The Four Tops - Don't bring back memories - Motown............................The video plays OK for me?!

gary

Yeah, it's our firewall - stops any links from streaming video/shopping/blog sites etc - just get a big blue square with 'this kind of content is not permitted by your organization' - that's why I keep asking people to post Artist and title above or below the video link, saves me having to wait until I get home to find out what's been posted!

:thumbup:

Social source share

Gene Townsel - I'm Walking Away

absolutely bloody fantastic tune from the Time wounds all heels album that I just can't afford at the moment think that I'll post the other great track from this album . Crazy beat did a 7" of this.and It's no use hiding ont flip Nice un!!!!
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL After posting the TIMEBOX cover of the SPINNERS 2 nights ago, their cover of SOUL SOURCE, Is my record for today

The VALUE OF THIS RECORD IS £--- or 3 figuers both PICADILLY RECORDS have ex B sides, and are rare, even if this is not you type of sound? you would be stupid not to pick them up, if under £100?

MY COPYpost-13241-0-28767800-1335999296_thumb.j ENJOY DAVE K

Social source share