Soulsource Record Club Record Of The Day 2012 (Spring)

Guest turntableterra

:hatsoff2:HI ALL here's a real oldie, that I have played at least twice a day, for the last month, when I started to play some LPs. remember them they are like a 7" 45.RPM but 12" and play at 33 1/3 RPM Plus they have about 7 tracks each side? I don't think this gimmick will catch on in our scene?? however the LP was full of Lupine records, very nice, and it is from playing that LP, that I looked through my 45s for the most played track, I could only find King Curtis "night train", so a quick visit to EBay and I got a replacement on me Matt in 2 days,

A nice copy of EDDIE FLOYD - BYE BYE BYE - SPECIALITY SPE 1001.Rt ***** value £15+, this is a great club sound with a thumping beat, I recommend you play it on full volume a LOUD #11 on your amp :rofl: I love this to bits, I really do! :thumbsup: DAVE

post-13241-0-45916200-1333316881_thumb.j

great tune the eddie floyd. always liked it

Social source share

As I've just acquired "Wrong Man" (at last) I was amazed to find this on the other side?Can't believe I didn't know it & what's more unbelievable is that it isn't as played as much as the top side.Having asked around apparently Carl Fortnum used to play it in the 80t's but can't say I can ever remember hearing it out more recently?Just made it half price :D

Tony Clarke-(No Conception)No Sense Of Direction MS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RWDJxj36G0

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

As I've just acquired "Wrong Man" (at last) I was amazed to find this on the other side?Can't believe I didn't know it & what's more unbelievable is that it isn't as played as much as the top side.Having asked around apparently Carl Fortnum used to play it in the 80t's but can't say I can ever remember hearing it out more recently?Just made it half price :D

Tony Clarke-(No Conception)No Sense Of Direction MS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RWDJxj36G0

Cheers

Martyn

i played it a few months back mate by mistake, cleared the floor :lol:

Social source share

when i was a young lad, my mates brother in law who went to the wheel , lent me two albums one by the dells and one by this fella, changed my life forever.from the album billy stewart teaches old standards new tricks , only billy stewart could do that, even ol man river on the other side is good.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Girlie dancer from me today,one that pops it's head up every now & then but never really had the plays it deserves I think?

The Teardrops-Call Me & I'll Be Happy Saxony

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn

Always loved this tune.

I recently became friends with Dorothy Dyer of the Teardrops and her husband. they still live in Cincinnati and still have a big interest in music. The other week Dorothy sent me a copy of their first single 'Tonight I'm gonna fall in love' with a lovely personal message on the cover. really nice folk.

gary

Social source share

Girlie dancer from me today,one that pops it's head up every now & then but never really had the plays it deserves I think?

The Teardrops-Call Me & I'll Be Happy Saxony

Cheers

Martyn

Great girly stuff mate, bought one off PETE S not long ago, lovely tune...... :hatsoff2:

Edited by rich chorley
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Martyn

Always loved this tune.

I recently became friends with Dorothy Dyer of the Teardrops and her husband. they still live in Cincinnati and still have a big interest in music. The other week Dorothy sent me a copy of their first single 'Tonight I'm gonna fall in love' with a lovely personal message on the cover. really nice folk.

gary

Gary

If you search this clip out on You Tube there were some comments from people who knew some of the Teardrop,it may interest Dorothy?

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Mine today is by Joe Simon,someone once described his voice to me as "smooth as melted chocolate" which I thought was perfect?

Joe Simon-When SS7

Cheers

Martyn

He updated the song in the 70ts LP only and thats rather good too Martyn
  • Helpful 1
Social source share