Harvey - Any Way You Wanna - Label Question

• Replies 22
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Without matrix info I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

The Attic record store is in Monroeville, just over the river from Pittsburgh, and as such gets loads of Pittsburgh boots - they've definitely had boots of Harvey in on a double sided Harvey issue.

Fred Bohn has always been honest with me. You could explicitly ask him if it's a bootleg and if not how he knows.

Social source share

Fred Bohn has always been honest with me. You could explicitly ask him if it's a bootleg and if not how he knows.

I've bought off him before and he has always been great. I've asked him, just waiting for a reply.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Mine has:

ARP, Nashville Matrix, Bell Sound, scratched number on A-side;

ARP, stamped number on B-side.

:g:

Just got mine out of the box and this is exactly what I have on mine. I remember a few years ago, I posted a "want" for this and it was Joe D that steered me in the right direction to make sure I avoided the boot of this.

Oooo and it does have the pic with the little faces on in the top right

Edited by MissHongkongfuey
Social source share

That design of DJ issue is original. So, if it has the Sheldon stamp, ARP, Nashville Matrix, Bell Sound scratched on, it should be original.

Thanks Robb, Haven't had a reply but I think I'll pay for it and see when it turns up, it is described as an original so I should be OK.

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

post-5150-0-38058600-1341489409_thumb.jpHere's what mine looks like..... You can just see the marks in the run out. Complete with faces on the upper right.

Social source share

post-5150-0-38058600-1341489409_thumb.jpHere's what mine looks like..... You can just see the marks in the run out. Complete with faces on the upper right.

Must be original that.... nobody would put sticker marks, felt pen and a rectangular sticker on a boot surely................................................................... Taxi :D

Social source share

Just had a reply from Fred and he says it has the matrix stamp and the numbers in both sides so it looks good. Interesting.

I'll maybe do a scan etc when it turns up.

Beginning to wish I'd bought an issue though :lol:

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

Must be original that.... nobody would put sticker marks, felt pen and a rectangular sticker on a boot surely................................................................... Taxi :D

There's actually some truth in that, I like records with DJ marks and/or a bit of wear as these days the boots are getting too good. Anything that is really clean with a pristine label makes me all suspicious.

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

*Provenance*!!!!!.................This only adds to the value :yes:

There's already a chunk of the label missing, so I'm not risking pulling that sticker off.

Social source share

That second DJ copy is from a different pressing plant. So, apparently one of the white DJs had the hearts on it, and the other didn't. Several of my white DJs of other records (including Challengers III and Spinners also DIDN'T have the hearts). Miss Hong Kong Fuey, which pressing plant was used for yours? Please tell us what plant code is scratched in the trail.

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

I'm not 100% sure Robb. My eyesight is really poor!!

I'll pic up a magnifying glass from work today and get back to You. I can make out the Nashville Matrix marking but not the rest of it.

Teresa

Social source share

As the Challengers III have been mentioned (fellow Tri Phi artists) & Robb is the expert on such matters ...........

...... thought I'd ask this q ............

Below is a rare photo of the Challengers (who later had a 45 out credited to the Challengers III featuring Ann Bogan)

The group is shown as being 5 strong .... I know who three of the members were .....

.... Ann Bogan 2nd from right, George Hendricks 2nd from left, George's ex wife in the centre ....

Usually the group is just credited as being 3 strong, anyone know which Tri Phi tracks (if any) all 5 members of the group sang on ??

Think I'll have to get in touch with George Hendricks & find out all the group member's names & who was on which recording.

post-22122-0-39286800-1341561209_thumb.j

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert