Best Usb Cassette Tape To Pc Converter To Buy

De-to

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

I've got a couple, but I'd recommend using a decent hi-fi cassette player and let Audacity do the hard work. Seems to me I get better results that way.

Social source share

I've got a couple, but I'd recommend using a decent hi-fi cassette player and let Audacity do the hard work. Seems to me I get better results that way.

thanks for the reply but i only have an old portable tape player and it has no output for a cable only an earphone socket...
Social source share

thanks for the reply but i only have an old portable tape player and it has no output for a cable only an earphone socket...

you just need a minijack to minijack lead - one end in the tapedeck headphone socket, one end in the line in/mic socket on pc/laptop.

Audacity software would work great with that setup, and thats free, so only the cost of your lead (about a fiver) to fork out.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

you just need a minijack to minijack lead - one end in the tapedeck headphone socket, one end in the line in/mic socket on pc/laptop.

Audacity software would work great with that setup, and thats free, so only the cost of your lead (about a fiver) to fork out.

thanks for that mrc and my son has a long minijack to minijack lead,just need the audacity software now,!!!
Social source share

Or even a program called "Audiograbber" easy to use with adjustable input/rec levels,

was also free last time I looked. :D

THAT's the program I couldn't remember - always used to have a copy of that, but got soundforge, it got deleted, then a couple of years later when I wanted something similar for someones laptop I couldn't remember the name of it!

Cheers Tony!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!