I Can't Hold On; Pied Piper Instrumental Preview

We will Pete, it's just in a raw binaural tape form at the moment.

I don't know what that it is but it sounded like it was in stereo, just think it would be great in mono.

(I still think one of the best instrumentals ever would have been the backing track to I'll Always Need You by Dean Courtney).

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I don't know what that it is but it sounded like it was in stereo, just think it would be great in mono.

(I still think one of the best instrumentals ever would have been the backing track to I'll Always Need You by Dean Courtney).

It's odd you can't always guess what would be a good instrumental from a vocal. Some I was sure would be belters have seemed very empty and others I wasn't a big fan of come out a lot better. Not many make top quality instrumentals because the whole thing was set up for a vocal performance and the dynamics are different. Indeed the Dynamics 'I Need Your Love' doesn't particularly grab me as an inst. I prefer the vocal 98% of the time.

Social source share

It's odd you can't always guess what would be a good instrumental from a vocal. Some I was sure would be belters have seemed very empty and others I wasn't a big fan of come out a lot better. Not many make top quality instrumentals because the whole thing was set up for a vocal performance and the dynamics are different. Indeed the Dynamics 'I Need Your Love' doesn't particularly grab me as an inst. I prefer the vocal 98% of the time.

I remember Andy Rix sending me the backing track to Sister Lee by Sam Ward and it was the most boring record I've ever heard! I thought it was going to be great...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Instant Aggro Northern Soul, sounds fantastic - couldn't stop my aggressive gurnning whilst listening to it. that's a good thing :)

Hope you all have a good pogo to it Satdee

Social source share

Instant Aggro Northern Soul, sounds fantastic - couldn't stop my aggressive gurnning whilst listening to it. that's a good thing :)

Hope you all have a good pogo to it Satdee

Exactly, when I first heard Lorraine's original vocal to this track, i called it the punk version.

And of course i was one of the few Northern dancers to include the pogo in my floor work!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!