Worlds Rarest Soul Record

steve z

• Replies 150
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Netspeaky

I sold Jimmy that 444 Chris Jackson in the late 70s. It wasn't a white label, it was a most attractive Orange, brown and Yellow if i remember right..and I've never seen it since..Soussan got hold of it at one stage, and it re-entered the country in the same shipment when he sold his "collection".. who has it now??

On the other question first Choice Pye acetate..I think Ian Clark has it..it certainly exists. Volumes one-one has ever seen. But if we are talking seriously rare, I just sold Mick H. a GIRL group =version of The C.O.Ds - Coming Back Girl - that was recorded in the same session as the CODs and it's a real vinyl Chicago label 45. As far as we know it's the only known copy. One other that springs to mind, is The Changing Times FANTASTIC version of the Parliaments - A New Day Begins..I think that's a ONE only copy. I think there a few ONE ONLY great Northern 45s..Stanley Evans is another..anyone got anymore?

John, The First Choice must have at least gone to Demo copy, as the weekly release sheet I had was generally for releases the following week, and from added posts it seems that indeed there are demo's, although up to me adding the First Choice into this thread, I have never seen one or nobody I had asked previously knew anything about this release. As a side issue the flip side "One Step Away" came out on the B side of their first Bell Release. Pity it was a hit as this is top 70's dancer in it's own right. :shades:
Social source share

There is a female version of Mr Soul (you'd never guess called Mrs Soul) on British. Roly Ferguson is always on about it. He's told me loads of times who its by and how hard he has looked for a copy even though its fairly 'cheap' in the RC price guide he can't get one anywhere.

Someone on here must know it (have a copy).

Ged

Social source share

There is a female version of Mr Soul (you'd never guess called Mrs Soul) on British. Roly Ferguson is always on about it. He's told me loads of times who its by and how hard he has looked for a copy even though its fairly 'cheap' in the RC price guide he can't get one anywhere.

Ged

Think its by Joyce Bond one went on UK ebay not long ago for £50ish

Social source share

...begs the question - and i dont want to take this off on a tangent and i am sure its be 'covered' (LOL) loads of time before; but if a record has some provenance i.e. in this case only one known as JM says - why cover it up?

Edit to say - or is it not knownas a 'one off'..yet?

as far as they both know it's the only "known" copy but like already mentioned you don't know what's out there. If the real artist was revealed every one and his dog would be looking for it, Mick should at least get some exclusivity out of it before, or even if at all, everyone gets to know what it is and maybe have the chance to turn other copies up.

Social source share

as far as they both know it's the only "known" copy but like already mentioned you don't know what's out there. If the real artist was revealed every one and his dog would be looking for it, Mick should at least get some exclusivity out of it before, or even if at all, everyone gets to know what it is and maybe have the chance to turn other copies up.

chalky, thanks for info - thats why i edited my post if it isnt yet known...

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

There are so few one off 'issued' records, because pressing runs mean that there are normally at least 500 copies, minimum.

For it to become a very rare record most of these would have to have been destroyed in one go leaving only a handful of copies with perhaps the band members, manager, producer etc having one each. Maybe a family member or two. So there are almost always a handfull of copies at least, or non at all.

The probability of only one copy surviving are very very remote IMO because usually when the bulk of the copies are destroyed for whatever reason the remaining handful of copies are kept as 'souvniers' by band members who are usually tracable.

Perhaps if a 'new discovery' is made in coming years there is more of a chance of a "one off" being found as band members get older and die and their junk is thrown in the bin along with their record. If you see what I'm saying? eg You find the last surviving member of a band, all the others have died and their 'souvinier' copies of their failed project have been thrown away when they were burried.

I have no interest in UK pressings, the holes are too small, you can't flick through them properly etc, but I would say it is impossible for there to ever be only one copy of a UK pressing of an american soul record, because there would have been distribution organised before a pressing run was made in this country, surely? Just a guess though, as I have not the slightest interest in those little holed critters :shades:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

How rare then is the Combinations "Like I Never Did Before" on Kellmac 1011 ?, i don't know, but seeing as we have some top collectors on this thread, can you throw any light on that one for me.

Brett

Combinations "Like I Never Did Before" on Kellmac 1011

i think three known copies in the UK on this one..

Social source share

one known copy for, tim also played at lifeline a record that sent me straight to the decks, via the toilet cos i was dying for a pee - to find annother one only known - the Intensions on USA.

Therefore with 'one known' copies there cant be THE rarest soul record but a handfull, if you know what i mean.. whistling.gif

I have that Intensions. I've played it out as Majestics c/u to empty dance floors around the Burnley area for at least 2 years. So not a one-off then. I also sold Tim the CODs for a lot of money so pricewise [apart from Frank Wilson] it's at the top of the range. It was Richard's old copy and as far as I know there is only one right now.

I have a 45 by Bobby Sanders on Pick-a-Hit that I rate and haven't seen. It is in Tim's guide but only cos I told him about it I think. Anyone got that or heard it.

ROD

Social source share

There are so few one off 'issued' records, because pressing runs mean that there are normally at least 500 copies, minimum.

For it to become a very rare record most of these would have to have been destroyed in one go leaving only a handful of copies with perhaps the band members, manager, producer etc having one each. Maybe a family member or two. So there are almost always a handfull of copies at least, or non at all.

The probability of only one copy surviving are very very remote IMO because usually when the bulk of the copies are destroyed for whatever reason the remaining handful of copies are kept as 'souvniers' by band members who are usually tracable.

Perhaps if a 'new discovery' is made in coming years there is more of a chance of a "one off" being found as band members get older and die and their junk is thrown in the bin along with their record. If you see what I'm saying? eg You find the last surviving member of a band, all the others have died and their 'souvinier' copies of their failed project have been thrown away when they were burried.

I have no interest in UK pressings, the holes are too small, you can't flick through them properly etc, but I would say it is impossible for there to ever be only one copy of a UK pressing of an american soul record, because there would have been distribution organised before a pressing run was made in this country, surely? Just a guess though, as I have not the slightest interest in those little holed critters whistling.gif

Love your enthusiasm James, but I think they are talkin' ONE COPY known within the Rare Soul collecting family. How records disappear is a mystery you'd be amazed at the quanities of some big ticket 45s I had in the 70s that you never see for sale.

A band called "Prowler" in Melton Mowbray (a one horse town) made ONE THOUSAND copies of their first single in the early 80s. I've looked everywhere for that single I've found ONE copy in 26 years!! It sells for mega ££££s to heavy rock dudes.

John Ridley has often quoted me "soul 45 releases in the 60s were as little as 100 copy presses" if you really want to see some rare records, I have a book coming out very soon with 1000 of the little critters in..I can guarantee no matter how long you've collected, there's records within the pages, you will not have seen before..

This is what keeps us going, and James yor right in this game, you are forever learning.. fantastic isn't it. Any more James's out there to keep this scene going another 40 years?

Edited by john manship
Social source share

I have that Intensions. I've played it out as Majestics c/u to empty dance floors around the Burnley area for at least 2 years. So not a one-off then. I also sold Tim the CODs for a lot of money so pricewise [apart from Frank Wilson] it's at the top of the range. It was Richard's old copy and as far as I know there is only one right now.

I have a 45 by Bobby Sanders on Pick-a-Hit that I rate and haven't seen. It is in Tim's guide but only cos I told him about it I think. Anyone got that or heard it.

ROD

Bobby Sanders on Pick-a-Hit

Rod that pick-a-hit label has some great stuff on it, check out the French Coffey 45 both sides are killers.

Can you let me have the details a+b side+ # on the Bobby Sanders 45..Bob Catteneo used to send me the new ones on the label I think I had a copy when back when, was it the yellow label..sorta remember it. French Coffey is the rich red label..but I tell ya, that 45 is bloody fabulous BOTH sides.. John

Edited by john manship
Social source share

After seeing the posts of the First Choice record perhaps a contender may be Name It And Claim It by Darryl Stewart on Pye. Mr Manship sold this for me at auction a while back whistling.gif

ooops sorry have just realised this was an acetate, so of course wouldn't count if only talking about actual issues

Edited by richard
Social source share

was offered a Bobby Sanders two months ago at £400 and knocked it back, copy in Gateshead but the kid wont sell, so thats two, its not that hard IMO. compared to what we are talking about and its a US release anyway ( something to do with the Younghearts ),this is meant to be British issues is'nt it ?yes the Bobby Sanders is yellow .

Social source share

Rod that pick-a-hit label has some great stuff on it, check out the French Coffey 45 both sides are killers.

Can you let me have the details a+b side+ # on the Bobby Sanders 45..Bob Catteneo used to send me the new ones on the label I think I had a copy when back when, was it the yellow label..sorta remember it. French Coffey is the rich red label..but I tell ya, that 45 is bloody fabulous BOTH sides.. John

Hello John,

Firstly it is on a red Pick-a-Hit and not yellow as Headsy suggests. There is a Sanders 45 on yellow Pick-a-Hit which [and you may have seen it ,John] I think is called "Is it true" or something similar. A doo-woppy ballad I think from maybe '62 or so. Not really sure.

100A Lover [Don't stop loving me"] written by B.sanders/Buck Ram pub. Symbol. Arr B.S. Soultown Corp.

100B the way I feel Written by B.S./Darlene Walton. same pub and arr. details

We may have different interpretations of "fabulous" as Im not keen on "Lover" side. Other side is pretty good but it ain't got a break which is not a desirable thing in a Northern 45. I'd guess '65/'66

Bob Cattaneo. That took me back. Went there with Mark Edmund in late 70's. Before going down to basement we were sat having a coffee and two guys walked in who musta been the mob or similar. Think he owed them money. Mark and I adjourned to another room whilst Bob sweet-talked his way out of whatever mess he was in. I looked thru his 45s. Particularly remember all those Eddie Foster's on IN in different coloured vinyls. Mark and Bob then proceeded to snort Columbia's finest although I just assumed they both had really heavy colds. Didn't Bob kinda disappear later.

Mark was always getting me into odd situations. Spent a night in LA with a load of low-riders before some record fair and I ended up one day talking to Wild Man Fisher just after he'd been released from a psychiatric unit for attacking some guy with an axe. Needless to say on that day I was a big fan of his music. If you can call it that!!

Hope info is what you wanted.

Best ROD

Social source share

on the subject of rare records.what info have we on the dc magnatones.on magnatone i know this has been around for well over twenty years or more

also butch,s sherry taylor & masquaraders cover up both on plastic to

mano

Social source share

Hello John,

I've never seen the L.P. they refer to on the French Coffey label, have you? They say it's called "From Nothing To Everything", wonder what goodies are on there?

On the U.K. front, what about Patti & The Lovelites....Love Bandit, Atlantic K.10629.

Cheers...pottsy

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Love your enthusiasm James, but I think they are talkin' ONE COPY known within the Rare Soul collecting family. How records disappear is a mystery you'd be amazed at the quanities of some big ticket 45s I had in the 70s that you never see for sale.

A band called "Prowler" in Melton Mowbray (a one horse town) made ONE THOUSAND copies of their first single in the early 80s. I've looked everywhere for that single I've found ONE copy in 26 years!! It sells for mega ££££s to heavy rock dudes.

John Ridley has often quoted me "soul 45 releases in the 60s were as little as 100 copy presses" if you really want to see some rare records, I have a book coming out very soon with 1000 of the little critters in..I can guarantee no matter how long you've collected, there's records within the pages, you will not have seen before..

This is what keeps us going, and James yor right in this game, you are forever learning.. fantastic isn't it. Any more James's out there to keep this scene going another 40 years?

Hi John,

I'm not saying for a record to be rare it has to have had a limited run, or had the bulk of copies destroyed. For example, James Bell tells us that the Funky 16 corners (funk holy grail record) was pressed in the 1000s and charted above James Brown in the local charts. But that is a dog rare record, bloody hard to turn up. Why? Bizaar. :shades:

But I am saying that the odds of there only being "one known copy" of any issued record are so small it is almost impossible unless the bulk of copies were destroyed and the only remaining copies were with the band members or family of the band.

How could somthing be pressed up 1000 or more times and get's distribution and ALL BUT ONE has become lost or destroyed? The odds are so ridiculous that that has happenned it's beyond reason.

I'm not too well informed about UK rock bands in the 80s so can't comment about your Melton Mowbray rarity. But I doubt there is only 'one known copy' is there, which will prove my point? unsure.gif

The Aristocrats "Don't Go" has an interesting story here. Perhaps having it highlighted on this thread will 'smoke a few copies out' from some fo the soul collectors on here? Cash and trades waiting if anyone does have one tucked away... :lol:

Oh, and the world would probably be a better place if there was one fewer James here, let alone some more. :D

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

will be intereting to see what one of the (supposed) only 6 copies of the instro what about the music makes on kama sutra , ones being auctioned now and i know theres one in the pipeline to be auctioned in the future as well ...got to be most expensive uk i would have thought ..
fork in the road - certainly exists i have had 2 promo copies over the years. gerri hall is yet to be "discovered" only ever had one copy of Billy Harner instrumental and that copy had a fag burn on the vinyl.
Social source share

Hi John,

I'm not saying for a record to be rare it has to have had a limited run, or had the bulk of copies destroyed. For example, James Bell tells us that the Funky 16 corners (funk holy grail record) was pressed in the 1000s and charted above James Brown in the local charts. But that is a dog rare record, bloody hard to turn up. Why? Bizaar. :shades:

But I am saying that the odds of there only being "one known copy" of any issued record are so small it is almost impossible unless the bulk of copies were destroyed and the only remaining copies were with the band members or family of the band.

How could somthing be pressed up 1000 or more times and get's distribution and ALL BUT ONE has become lost or destroyed? The odds are so ridiculous that that has happenned it's beyond reason.

I'm not too well informed about UK rock bands in the 80s so can't comment about your Melton Mowbray rarity. But I doubt there is only 'one known copy' is there, which will prove my point? unsure.gif

The Aristocrats "Don't Go" has an interesting story here. Perhaps having it highlighted on this thread will 'smoke a few copies out' from some fo the soul collectors on here? Cash and trades waiting if anyone does have one tucked away... :lol:

Oh, and the world would probably be a better place if there was one fewer James here, let alone some more.

:D

James we are just saying only ONE COPY known at the 'mo within our Rare Soul Collecting circle..NOT there is only one copy in the universe period! One copy only (Known) Northern Soul Soul 45s there are if we all think about, it quite a few.. I've sold (and so have other dealers) numerous One copy records over the years, some have become 2/3 copies some have become 100+ copies but some still have the status of ONLY ONE so far.

The Melton Mowbray rock band 1000 press 45, the band have NO copies, their Mums and Dads have no copies..they were given away at local gigs..Only ever seen ONE. Sold it to Japan for a huge sum 15 years ago. THe most expensive 60s UK beat record is by The Quakers ironically they also came from Melton Mowbray, the drummer drinks in my local. He has a copy so does another member..but they pressed FIFTY copies only. Now that's RARE..

there are no rules to this record rarity puzzle.. there is no mathematical 10,000 press so it's gotta be common. 100 pressed so it's gotta be rare.. Just really matters what happen to the "Motherlode" over the years.Believe me lots of records in the 60s got thrown away.. I could go on and on with stories I personnally know on what happened to certain titles. I will say in my experience 1000 copies of any title on this scene is just a drop in the ocean.. 2/3 copies is a speck of dust in the universe.. The beauty of all this is the hunt, if it was easy we'd all be collecting something else.

Social source share

Hello John,

I've never seen the L.P. they refer to on the French Coffey label, have you? They say it's called "From Nothing To Everything", wonder what goodies are on there?

On the U.K. front, what about Patti & The Lovelites....Love Bandit, Atlantic K.10629.

Cheers...pottsy

Social source share

James you would be surprised how often there were contractual disputes post pressing and pre release.....so those 1,000 copies would get thrown out in the trash -it happened more often than we might otherwise realise. Most often the singers / bands didn't even know the records had been pressed, let alone had a souveneir copy. You might be surprised at how many singers I met who never knew half their records ever came out, and got pissed when they found out cos they never got paid for the session in the first place.

Other erasons for rarity apart from disputes

a) copyright inflringment allegations

cool.gif pressing fault on one side

c) producer doesn't like the finished product

d) label goes bust without paying the pressing plant

e) singer / label owner dies

d) singer / band signs with another label

...we could go on..... :shades:

Agree in theory it is unlikely that there is one surviving copy, but as we said earlier it's the word "known" that really matters / defines this, as until you find or become aware of another copy it's a "one off".

Social source share

Hello John,

Cheers...pottsy

Hi ya Potsy,

The French Coffey 45 isn't that a great tune..same as Little Anthony one side, other side a even better..I'm about to sell this on to a DJ.. LP maybe doesn't exist or maybe it does. Many indie record companies used the forthcoming LP ploy to give the 45 release the appearence of more credibility and if it took off..in the studio they went to get the LP out. FREE, PRE release LP advertising was the idea behind it. Yep Pati and The Lovelites is certainly only a recent UK discovery..was it you who told me about it..? John

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

James we are just saying only ONE COPY known at the 'mo within our Rare Soul Collecting circle..NOT there is only one copy in the universe period! One copy only (Known) Northern Soul Soul 45s there are if we all think about, it quite a few.. I've sold (and so have other dealers) numerous One copy records over the years, some have become 2/3 copies some have become 100+ copies but some still have the status of ONLY ONE so far.

The Melton Mowbray rock band 1000 press 45, the band have NO copies, their Mums and Dads have no copies..they were given away at local gigs..Only ever seen ONE. Sold it to Japan for a huge sum 15 years ago. THe most expensive 60s UK beat record is by The Quakers ironically they also came from Melton Mowbray, the drummer drinks in my local. He has a copy so does another member..but they pressed FIFTY copies only. Now that's RARE..

there are no rules to this record rarity puzzle.. there is no mathematical 10,000 press so it's gotta be common. 100 pressed so it's gotta be rare.. Just really matters what happen to the "Motherlode" over the years.Believe me lots of records in the 60s got thrown away.. I could go on and on with stories I personnally know on what happened to certain titles. I will say in my experience 1000 copies of any title on this scene is just a drop in the ocean.. 2/3 copies is a speck of dust in the universe.. The beauty of all this is the hunt, if it was easy we'd all be collecting something else.

John, I totally don't disagree with you. I just personally find it impossible to surrender the hope of finding any record that I want, especially if it has been issued. I refuse to submit to the "one known copy" tag unless it is an acetate. :shades:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

James you would be surprised how often there were contractual disputes post pressing and pre release.....so those 1,000 copies would get thrown out in the trash -it happened more often than we might otherwise realise. Most often the singers / bands didn't even know the records had been pressed, let alone had a souveneir copy. You might be surprised at how many singers I met who never knew half their records ever came out, and got pissed when they found out cos they never got paid for the session in the first place.

Agree in theory it is unlikely that there is one surviving copy, but as we said earlier it's the word "known" that really matters / defines this, as until you find or become aware of another copy it's a "one off".

Totally agree. Refer to my answer to John.

Social source share

Steve, a few examples to your theory

a) copyright inflringment allegations - ie: "Lamont Anthony - Popeye - Anna

cool.gif pressing fault on one side - ie: Intentions - You Say You Love Me- USA, Little Oscar - Empty Bottles - Palos. Jimmy & the Sundails - Where did I Lose You - V-Tone maybe 'cause the Northern Side the sound fades and comes back up again

c) producer doesn't like the finished product - frank wilson - soul

d) without paying the pressing plant ie: Smith Brothers -There Can Be a Better Way - Soul Dimension

e) singer / band signs with another label - Sex Pistols - A&M

f) Owner Dies and they buried the records with him.. as in the case of the guy who owned Baby Luv he's buried at the local church in ....sorry no I'm wrong he was cremated.

Interesting footnote:

Checkeboard Squares - Villa apparently sold 60,000 (info Daly City Bob) in the bay area.. can you belive that!

John

Social source share

John, I totally don't disagree with you. I just personally find it impossible to surrender the hope of finding any record that I want, especially if it has been issued. I refuse to submit to the "one known copy" tag unless it is an acetate. :shades:
Interesting point made to me by Rick Nahm (Detroit Collector) The "Render My Service" actetates I had on auction..he remembered the band (The Tempos) going from Record label to Record Label in Detroit dropping off acetates in the hope of a release for it. Only one of those acetates have ever turned up.

Ps aren't you supposed to be at work...

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Interesting point made to me by Rick Nahm (Detroit Collector) The "Render My Service" actetates I had on auction..he remembered the band (The Tempos) going from Record label to Record Label in Detroit dropping off acetates in the hope of a release for it. Only one of those acetates have ever turned up.

Ps aren't you supposed to be at work...

Again, I don't disagree with you, the Follow The Wind acetates being another example of multiple copy acetates existing. I am just more likely to surrender hope of not obtaining an acetate than I am of an issue. :shades:

Social source share

Hello John,

Firstly it is on a red Pick-a-Hit and not yellow as Headsy suggests. There is a Sanders 45 on yellow Pick-a-Hit which [and you may have seen it ,John] I think is called "Is it true" or something similar. A doo-woppy ballad I think from maybe '62 or so. Not really sure.

100A Lover [Don't stop loving me"] written by B.sanders/Buck Ram pub. Symbol. Arr B.S. Soultown Corp.

100B the way I feel Written by B.S./Darlene Walton. same pub and arr. details

We may have different interpretations of "fabulous" as Im not keen on "Lover" side. Other side is pretty good but it ain't got a break which is not a desirable thing in a Northern 45. I'd guess '65/'66

Bob Cattaneo. That took me back. Went there with Mark Edmund in late 70's. Before going down to basement we were sat having a coffee and two guys walked in who musta been the mob or similar. Think he owed them money. Mark and I adjourned to another room whilst Bob sweet-talked his way out of whatever mess he was in. I looked thru his 45s. Particularly remember all those Eddie Foster's on IN in different coloured vinyls. Mark and Bob then proceeded to snort Columbia's finest although I just assumed they both had really heavy colds. Didn't Bob kinda disappear later.

Mark was always getting me into odd situations. Spent a night in LA with a load of low-riders before some record fair and I ended up one day talking to Wild Man Fisher just after he'd been released from a psychiatric unit for attacking some guy with an axe. Needless to say on that day I was a big fan of his music. If you can call it that!!

Hope info is what you wanted.

Best ROD

Bob's alive and well and still into soul.. Mark unfortunately the lifestyle got the better of him as you know..two fabulous guys and what great records they had. Bob's collection went to Rico Tee and Rico still pulls eye watering records from it.. Bob has just oput out a CD Motortown Group Sounds.. not on general release but well worth the effort to track down Thanks for the info on Bobby Sanders..not see ity if it's the 60s label. Value ?? what do you think.. john
Social source share

on the subject of rare records.what info have we on the dc magnatones.on magnatone i know this has been around for well over twenty years or more

also butch,s sherry taylor & masquaraders cover up both on plastic to

mano

The D.C. Magnatones I sold to Mick H. last year.. it's only the second copy I've ever seen.. I let him have it cheap.. that's not like me.. They were an Italian group from the east coast most serious group collector on the east coast own a copy. It's rated about $2000 for the other side, the Northern with Mick behind it..the price could go anywhere.
Social source share

Ged

It's by Joyce Bond - Airborne 0011 about 40 to 50 squid add a zero if it gets played..
Social source share

hi hohn

does the fact that in the 70's due to a shortage of vinyl the rumour was that warehouse were recycled thus losing lots of stuff, if this is true then would explain why a lot of large run records are pretty hard to find.

mark

Social source share

Another one that bothers me is The Dreams on Kellmac 1006 "Young Man", was this ever released ?

Never seen this, but apparently it's a girl group..so it must exist. Anyone heard it? I'll ask a guy who'll know..

John

Social source share

Never seen this, but apparently it's a girl group..so it must exist. Anyone heard it? I'll ask a guy who'll know..

John

As Steve mentioned in the collecting labels thread - Just Brothers - WAND1144 ? -doesn't think it exists - Nor Dreams on Kellac not seen - are we now in the realms of the ' mythical ' soul 45 ? Holy grails. . . .

ATB

Rich

Social source share

ROD

thanks for the info Rod - so thats 2 Intensions so thats knocked out the running and gives me a bit of hope lol

Social source share

Hi ya Potsy,

The French Coffey 45 isn't that a great tune..same as Little Anthony one side, other side a even better..I'm about to sell this on to a DJ.. LP maybe doesn't exist or maybe it does. Many indie record companies used the forthcoming LP ploy to give the 45 release the appearence of more credibility and if it took off..in the studio they went to get the LP out. FREE, PRE release LP advertising was the idea behind it. Yep Pati and The Lovelites is certainly only a recent UK discovery..was it you who told me about it..? John

Like you say John, great double sider. I must admit i thought the L.P. quote was an advertising ploy. This is a record that surely must have it's day, all that's holding it back at the moment is it's rarity.

The Pati & The Lovelites does exist, i'm looking at it now. Factory stamp in the run out, raised serrated ring around the label, just looks like it was waiting for Atlantic to put one of their coloured labels over the white ones that it has. Love Bandit is the 'B' side. Is this a one known copy, i wonder?

Cheers.....pottsy

Social source share

Like you say John, great double sider. I must admit i thought the L.P. quote was an advertising ploy. This is a record that surely must have it's day, all that's holding it back at the moment is it's rarity.

The Pati & The Lovelites does exist, i'm looking at it now. Factory stamp in the run out, raised serrated ring around the label, just looks like it was waiting for Atlantic to put one of their coloured labels over the white ones that it has. Love Bandit is the 'B' side. Is this a one known copy, i wonder?

Cheers.....pottsy

I found the Pattie & The Lovelites and sold it to Mr Potts, It came from a bootfair in deepest Essex.

Phil.

Social source share

Probably - I've always been led to believe that "Just Wait & See" by Little John is an only known copy. But I think there are a few copies of "A Letter A Day" by the Trent Sisters.

at least 2 Little Johns cause when it was being played in the early 80's the Bowl had one on for £50 think Steve Handbury beat me to it

Ted

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Probably - I've always been led to believe that "Just Wait & See" by Little John is an only known copy. But I think there are a few copies of "A Letter A Day" by the Trent Sisters.

Hello Gene,

I only know of Mr. Fortnums copy of the Trent Sisters, i've held 3 copies of Little John, one of those was in L.A. when the guy was trying to sell it.

Regards...pottsy

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I have Little John. It's mint-. I've heard of two others, but not in great condition, I've not seen them it's what I've heard. whistling.gif

I want the Trent Sisters, but the only copy I know of is Fortnum's. Anybody know any different?

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Hello Gene,

I only know of Mr. Fortnums copy of the Trent Sisters, i've held 3 copies of Little John, one of those was in L.A. when the guy was trying to sell it.

Regards...pottsy

Hi Ady,

Thanks for the Gogate help. Really good to see you all last Friday! Have a good weekend, and look forward to catching up with you soon.

All the best,

Gene

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!