Top Tunes Over The Tannoy

Guest studmeister

Guest studmeister

Listen to tonights Wigan v Man. Utd match on the car radio. After the game, I could here Marlena Shaw's "Lets Wade In The Water" over the Tannoy.

Anybody heard any other top soul tracks coming over a Tannoy at a sporting event?

Andy

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Polyvelts

I know it's not sport, but I was on the big dipper at Skeg and they played Four Tops 'Can't seem to get you out of my mind'. It was brilliant !

Social source share

Guest LadyofSoul

As a Manchester United fan, I made my first visit to the JJB Stadium last night, not only did they play Marlena Shaw at the final whistle (just after United pinched a lucky victory) they also played Al Wilsons "The Snake" at half-time

Can any Latics fans out there tell us of any other tunes played at the JJB?

It does confirm my belief that Wigan has to be regarded as the UK capital of soul

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

UP THE LIONS!!!!!!

I fear it's more likely to be down the lions this seasons following our woeful perfomaces this season

Social source share

Walking around Ayia Napia, killing time waiting for the airport connection, when shingaling , deafeningly loud, came on from a bar across the road. My wife & I just looked at each other & burst out laughing & went over straight away to invesitgate. Mystery solved. A few lads from Leeds had taken over the sound system at the complex & were playing their C.D.s Needless to say, starved of soul music for two weeks,thats where we spent the last few hours. Regards Ada

Social source share

Cashin' in being played in marks and spencers [and they are!!] the last couple of weeks :rolleyes:

I love you more today than yesterday when we were at the pool in Vegas also a male version of Stormy

when my daughter was in salou she said there was a Northern soul bar there

Social source share

Listen to tonights Wigan v Man. Utd match on the car radio. After the game, I could here Marlena Shaw's "Lets Wade In The Water" over the Tannoy.

Anybody heard any other top soul tracks coming over a Tannoy at a sporting event?

Andy

not over the tannoy but years ago whilst tramping around rumania we stumbled upon a bar in a remote town with a juke box, among the rumanian faves and one of the only "western" records on it was "and get away" by the esquires :ohmy:

Social source share

Cashin' in being played in marks and spencers [and they are!!] the last couple of weeks :ohmy:

I love you more today than yesterday when we were at the pool in Vegas also a male version of Stormy

when my daughter was in salou she said there was a Northern soul bar there

Stormy By the classic iv bit blue eyed ideal tannoy music

looking round cantors furniture shop years ago and the Carstairs it really hurts me girl blurts out.....followed by cliff richard & congratulations, i thought who the bloody hell puts these tapes together...never found out

Geeoooordie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert