Film Bout Northern Soul

Apparently there's an article in the Daily Express today about a film featuring northern soul. Sadie Frost is in it. Anybody know anything about it? Have I missed a previous discussion on here re: this particular film? If so, can someone put a link up so I can read it.

Thanks in advance

Winnie:-)

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Kev Roberts has talked about an upcoming film, based in the wigan days i believe; the producers looking for young dancers. I dont know where it would be apart from serching Win.

Who is Sadie Frost?

=============

Jude Law's ex. The post was on KTF and said the 'brit pack' were in it, not sure who they include, Johnny Miller etc? Seem to remember Kev mentioning young dancers, but didn't realise it was for a major film?

Tried searching for Daily Express...today's stories, but it required me to suscribe/join, which I can't do as it's really not my 'cup of tea' newswise :lol:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Perhaps the photo of her in some Sunday papers with what appears to be a white powder clump in one nostril, was just part of her research then.

Social source share

Theres been a few threads about it Win, if its the same one think its based around the northern soul 'heydays' in the seventies........would say its just a back ground for the real plot of a love story

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...hern+soul+movie

update thread

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...wtopic=14583&hl=

original one

Hope this helps a good few pages there for you to get through ph34r.gif

Social source share

The film is being produced by a young Newcastle producer called Chrsitine Alderson who has made a couple of low budget films, and has worked for Channel 4. She was on the fringes of the soul scene but by her own admission is more of a Newcastle party girl. These things are hard to pull off. When it comes to northern we are obsessive whereas the audience they want to reach is is much more mainstream. So when it comes out go to along with that in mind - a movie that would please the Soul Source forum is impossible to make.

Even the soundtrack is doomed - cue dreary disputes about oldies versus modern versus R&B... .

Social source share

Theres been a few threads about it Win, if its the same one think its based around the northern soul 'heydays' in the seventies........would say its just a back ground for the real plot of a love story

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...wtopic=14583&hl=

original one

Hope this helps a good few pages there for you to get through ph34r.gif

============

Thanks for putting this thread up, in particular, very interesting reading. I was away in August last year and missed the whole of that debate. Is there a confirmed cast list ......anyone??

Social source share

This was originally called 'Souled Out'!! I saw the first script and , if Im honest , its was , how can I put it, very innacurate and nothing to do with the scene as any of us would recognise. It seemed as if someone wanted to tack the theme of 'northern soul' onto a slightly dodgy script.......because 'northern soul' has a bit of kudos amongst the media and other clubbing scenes at present. At that time they also had a choreographer who was nothing to do with the scene aswell......lets hope its all improved since then.!!

If you search 'ipsofacto films' on google you may find it.

Paul-s

Social source share

ph34r.gif Winnie, if there is a film being made you and I dont qualify as dancers for the film as we are far too old and, more importantly, can you imagine how over budget it will be if your in it and they have to stop every time you do a shirt change!!!!!! LOL
Social source share

:lol: Winnie, if there is a film being made you and I dont qualify as dancers for the film as we are far too old and, more importantly, can you imagine how over budget it will be if your in it and they have to stop every time you do a shirt change!!!!!! LOL

==============

Didn't actually want to be in it, slightly outside the age range of dancers required :D But always interested in seeing how we're being portrayed, the pic I saw of Sadie Frost yesterday seemed to sum it up perfectly ph34r.gif:D Maybe there should be a small part for Dani*lla Westbr*ok, Maybe dancing to Septumber Jones :D

Social source share

Forgot to mention on last post I telephoned them today and the gut I spke to said he know nothing about the item in the Daily express and no one had been casted yet for parts, so is this another project that has been written about

Paul Conroy

Tyneside Soul Promotions

Social source share

this may be better called function at the junction... we just had that?

if can't open it says its a wait for it................................................................quadraphenia type movie with the brit pack

there at last it can be read

Off the topic but in there it mentions her last role in 'Love honour and obey' one of the best films ever made! and not many people have seen it, get it out biggrin.gif

Edited by Baz
Social source share

Off the topic but in there it mentions her last role in 'Love honour and obey' one of the best films ever made! and not many people have seen it, get it out :lol:

=============

absolutely brill film, but then anything with Ray Winstone just has to be good whistling.gif

Social source share