Big Dee Irwin 'i Only Get This Feeling' - Later Version?

• Replies 18
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest johnm

Does anyone know who did a later, cooler version (70s I think) of "I only get this feeling" by Big Dee Irwin. Apologies if it's a dead obvious question

would it be Chuck Jackson added strings quicker tempo

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Does anyone know who did a later, cooler version (70s I think) of "I only get this feeling" by Big Dee Irwin. Apologies if it's a dead obvious question

Bunny Sigler also did a great version of the song on Neptune in 1971 - with an extra chorus - which he retitled "Don't Stop Doing What You're Doing". Might be this one you're thinking of rather than Chuck Jackson, if you're not I can assure you it's Philly soul at its best and well worth both thinking about AND owning!

TONE :huh:

Social source share

Bunny Sigler also did a great version of the song on Neptune in 1971 - with an extra chorus - which he retitled "Don't Stop Doing What You're Doing". Might be this one you're thinking of rather than Chuck Jackson, if you're not I can assure you it's Philly soul at its best and well worth both thinking about AND owning!

TONE blush.gif

It was the Chuck Jackson I was on about, but thanks Tony, I will certainly listen out for it. Cheers lads

Tone, Lynn Robertson sends her love

Social source share

TONE blush.gif

Tone,

What a great record, first Neptune 45 i owned, cheap quality tune!! Have a vague memory of hearing it in Mr Ms once - cleared the floor apart from yours truly!

Alan

Social source share

Guest trickbag

heres both,personaly i prefare chucks.

ricky.

sock it to em shorty.

Bunny_Sigler___Don_t_Stop_Doing_What_You_re_Doing.mp3

Chuck_Jackson___I_Only_Get_This_Feeling.mp3

Social source share

TONE :yes:

Absolutely. Credited to Irwin plus Gamble & Huff. The other side is great too - 'Where Do The Lonely Go'

What a great label Neptune was. Only 20 releases but included Looky Looky, Deeper and One Night Affair by the O'jays, the Bunny Sigler stuff, Surprise Party For Baby and the two fantastic Linda Jones singles leased in.

Mike

Social source share

Guest Doris

heres both,personaly i prefare chucks.

Like this version best too - having acquired white demo of this recently - really hits the spot , dont hear it out much but one that make sme drift away on the floor - happy time and a class toon

Doris :thumbsup:

Social source share

What a great label Neptune was. Only 20 releases but included Looky Looky, Deeper and One Night Affair by the O'jays, the Bunny Sigler stuff, Surprise Party For Baby and the two fantastic Linda Jones singles leased in.

Mike

Totally agree. Neptune stuff was the staple of many a soul pack back in the 70's. Gamble and Huff polishing the slick uptown soul that was all set to conquer the world a couple of years later.

My faves would be Linda Jones, that when i'll stop loving you & O'jays, one night affair.

Shame the pressing of the singles was no match for the quality of the music. My Neptune stuff almost always sounded thin, and I've never yet found a copy of Deeper in love with you that didn't hiss or crackle. Maybe it's just me!

Col

Social source share

• 16 years later...
6 hours ago, Paul R said:

Wasn't it about the time he was "Swinging On Star"?

"Swinging On A Star" was  April 63 (US) / Oct 63 (UK) release ...

the shows were staged in Aug 64. He'd had 4 more UK 45's released by then.

"You Satisfy My Needs" was a Aug 65 (UK) release.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert