No Feedback No Further Purchases

Peter99

I hope this is in the right place.

I've mentioned previously about people not giving feedback following record transactions and that some people don't give feedback until you give feedback - even when as a purchaser you've paid for your record.

Got a few sellers on Discogs now who haven't left me any feedback despite my positive feedback. It's starting to really annoy me now - it's just plain rude in my book. It takes two minutes so what's the beef? Maybe I'm being a bit tetchy but you know what - if they can't be arsed to leave feedback I can't be arsed to buy from them anymore.

Thanks for listening. Rant over.

Any thoughts?

Peter

:hatsoff2:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

As a regular buyer who always, ALWAYS leaves good feedback straight away, I get bugger all back from sellers. Maybe they're too busy?....

Not complaining about the service I get - it's always excellent, but I wouldn't mind summat back cos i always pay instantly. :(

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'm experiencing the same thing on ebay as a buyer. I currently have three purchase, each made about four weeks ago, that still await feedback - and that's even though I've sent reminders and provided feedback to the sellers.

It's been on the increase the last year or so. Once upon a time everyone would offer feedback. Now it's becoming all too regular - and it sucks.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The Evil-bay feedback system is rather easy to use and to be reminded of just by checking your account. Discogs, Gemm... are less friendly to use and not as remindful IMHO anyway. Here on SS, it takes some little time and workouts but it's totally free and so, it's totally OK.

But indeed I'm led to believe that some buyers and sellers alike are "not to be bothered about" with that. I think it's a shame. It's like going to the butcher and neither the butcher nor the customer greet, say please, thank you and goodbye. And the next time they no say about the piece he bought was good or anything.

As a seller I always wait for the customer to either say that he is happy about the record(s) condition and all, before I leave him my feedback.

As I buyer I can wait that the seller awaits my positive feedback before he posts his. But to do it is important. And there's anything to be sort out by one party or the other, communication prevails any positive or negative feedbacks. With overall nowadays communication degradation, it's no surprise that a little gratitude, nothing you can go HyPe about, on a deal is just left out. Another Facebook symptom maybe...

Social source share

I'd get a life if I were you...

I understand a seller like yourself Pete, you might end up spending most of your working day just leaving feedback to your buyers (on behalf of your clients) but those who have time ought to leave feedback - it's nice!  :thumbsup: Particularly on ss - it's more like buying from your mates. I like that.

Social source share

As a seller I leave fb as soon as buyer has paid. 

As buyer I leave fb as soon as I've got the 45 and it is as described.

I must admit some on here don't even acknowledge 45 received, never mind leave fb.

I keep recorded receipts for a couple of months and then assume all OK and throw away.

Ideally acknowledgement and fb would be the way to go but not losing sleep over it.

ROD

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Its easier on Ebay because you can leave feedback in bulk but Discogs is manual and if it takes two minutes to do I sell about 150 items per week thats 300 hours in leaving feedback if you want feedback just ASK I have never refused anybody who has asked.

If you go to your order page on discogs there's a link on top of page that says you need to leave feedback for x number of orders. Click that and you can see them all on one page. If you copy and paste the same words in most feedback it takes a second or less for each transaction.

Same thing can be done via the purchases page for stuff you've bought.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I'd get a life if I were you...

I agree but it's not exactly worth throwing the toys out of the pram for is it?

I leave feedback for everyone who leaves it for me on facebook and ebay.

On here it's different because I forget half the time and the rest of the time it's so finnicky to do, backtracking to find the exact transaction etc.

Is it a non happy pill day Smiffy?  :wicked:

Hardly throwing my toys out the pram - believe me, that would be something that people would know about.

Just making the point - in my book leaving feedback is part and parcel of the on line transaction/market place. A bit like good manners really - please and thank you and all that.

I never mentioned E bay or Soul Source or anyone else. 

Top of the evening to you Sir.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Its easier on Ebay because you can leave feedback in bulk but Discogs is manual and if it takes two minutes to do I sell about 150 items per week thats 300 hours in leaving feedback if you want feedback just ASK I have never refused anybody who has asked.

There are 300 hours in a week????  :wicked:

Social source share

Is it a non happy pill day Smiffy?  :wicked:

Hardly throwing my toys out the pram - believe me, that would be something that people would know about.

Just making the point - in my book leaving feedback is part and parcel of the on line transaction/market place. A bit like good manners really - please and thank you and all that.

I never mentioned E bay or Soul Source or anyone else. 

Top of the evening to you Sir.

No I don't think it's throwing your toys out - it's just about exercising your choices as a buyer.

I agree that ss feedback is finnicky but if a buyer can be bothered to leave feedback and asks seller to reciprocate and they don't then why buy from them again

I've even had sellers asking me to leave feedback which I did but none left for me.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Really P's me off as well!   :ohmy:  You Bid!!, You Win!!, You Pay!!,  :yes: as a buyer what more can you do? :g: This dates back to early Ebay when sellers withheld feedback until the buyers left them feedback!! Which was basically blackmailing you, this has now stopped but some of the sellers still can't be arsed!!  :dash2:  But they are quick enough to take your money!! :(  Lazy B#&tards!! :pirate:

Edited by mrtag
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Really P's me off as well!   :ohmy:  You Bid!!, You Win!!, You Pay!!,  :yes: as a buyer what more can you do? :g: This dates back to early Ebay when sellers withheld feedback until the buyers left them feedback!! Which was basically blackmailing you this has now stopped but some of the sellers still can't be arsed!!  :dash2:  But there quick enough to take your money!! :(  Lazy B#&tards!! :pirate:

It's not about being lazy John, I used to leave feedback the second someone paid me but I had a vindictive negative left me by a "rival" seller (of reggae) after I'd left them a really positive feedback so I said never again, not until I know the customer is happy with the record and has left feedback first.

p.s. congratulations, you win the prize for the most emoticons ever in one post  :lol:

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Off topic - sorry P99!.... what's happened to your Ringo pic Pete?...I had a bellyful of Molyneux when I was at college!!!! :wink:

I just saw that photo on the Express & Star website and got a lump in my throat, remembering all the times in the 60's and 70's I'd walked under that gate, especially circa 1975 when the second W dropped off and it said WOLVERHAMPTON ANDERERS for years, to our shame..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I don't get disappointed or intrepret it as rude if a buyer or a seller doesn't leave feedback. There could me several reasons. Maybe the person is busy and simply has forgot about it. And not everyone sees the importance in leaving feedback. Back when I first started on eBay, I didn't leave feedback. It took a while for me to appreciate the feedback system and actually start using it. There are probably a lot of buyers who just buy records occasionally and aren't too concerned about the feedback system. Instead of getting disappointed when people forget to leave feedback, I tend to get happy when people actually do leave feedback.

As a seller, I always only leave feedback after the buyer has left feedback for me because I want to make sure that the buyer is satisfied, and I don't see the transaction as completed until the record has arrived. Unfortunately, there are a few occassional crooks out there, and if the buyer turns out to be one of them, I think other sellers should be warned. So I'm not really sure that I agree with the policy of leaving feedback once payment has been completed. The buyer still has the opportunity to rip off the seller, and those few people who do that systematically need to be stopped. 

As a buyer, I leave feedback soon after I have received my item. As a seller, I leave feedback when the buyer has left feedback for me. I try to stick to this, but since my day can be quite busy, I may forget it once in a while. That's also why I can't get too disappointed if someone forgets to leave feedback for me.

Edited by SebDK
Social source share

Does feedback as a buyer even matter? As a buyer you either pay, in which case the seller sends you the goods. Or you don't pay, in which case the seller doesn't. Discogs automatically leaves negative feedback for non-payers, so it's easy to spot the dodgy ones.

Feedback as a seller IS important, since that might sway whether you want to buy something or not, or influence whether someone might buy in the future. I've never once heard a seller go "oh, don't know if I'm going to sell this record to so and so, they've got 96% feedback..." If you pay, you've paid! Big deal!

Edited by cover-up
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!