Popular Demand Forces Me Back With Funky Four Pack Volume 6

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

Back because of the every growing demand for the Funky Four Packs! Click here for volume 6!

Oscar Perry - Face Reality

One to make you sweat. Great funky drumming and an aggressive edge just about gives this a place in the legendary funky four packs!

Rick Nichols - I Know The Feeling

Not sure how well known this is? Same as above, some good funky drumming earns this it's place.

Rayons - You Confuse Me Baby

I was surprised to see this in Manship's Million Dollars Of Soul book. Wrighty gave this some exposure a few moons ago on the old Deepfunk Radio Shows. Doesn't seem to get played out much, not sure why, quality!

Mellow Madness - Save The Youth

If you thought the Elipisis was massive for Soul Sam, wait till this gets some sustained exposure! The "best disco record ever made" according to the gospel of Butch. I'd possibly go further than that, possibly "THE best record ever made."

I hope you enjoy :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

Not sure of The Rayons inclusion in that book either along with Big Ella......

Great little r&s record that has been played here and there....easy to pickup too, there was a seller who had five copies on Ebay buy it now not so long ago.

One man's R+S is another man's funky :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I've played Rick Nichol's out a fair few times, great tune IMO. Will give the others a listen in a bit

Martin

Hi Martin, I think I saw it on one of your playlists on a google search I did, might have been someone else? Apart from that not much sign of it on the web. :lol:

The last one is surely the worst record ever made.

:thumbsup: You kill me :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Martin, I think I saw it on one of your playlists on a google search I did, might have been someone else? Apart from that not much sign of it on the web. :thumbsup:

:lol: You kill me :D

yes it's on a previous solid hit soul playlist.

I'm afraid I'm with Pete on the Mellow Madness though :thumbsup: but still good to get to hear it so thanks for posting them up :lol:

Social source share

Rockies, Attercliffe........probably :P

:PJust an ugly rumor Joe :yes:

It's a lap dancing club now Joe (as you well know).

I know the guy who is the resident DJ there & a while back he asked if i wanted to help him out DJ'ing, a dream job you might think & good money too.

Only problem was he wanted me to do Sunday night & that was the mixed night.

Gonna send him your details :D

Social source share

James, as the Mellow Madness is quite clearly a bag of shite i'll do you a favour & take it off your hands for a fiver :P

Seriously though i'm racking my brains to remember where i've heard it before.

Great tune :yes:

Yep I like it too (and I'm not teh worlds No.1 disco fan!)

Good tune, nice an funkeh

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

James, as the Mellow Madness is quite clearly a bag of shite i'll do you a favour & take it off your hands for a fiver :ohmy:

Seriously though i'm racking my brains to remember where i've heard it before.

Great tune :thumbsup:

Not sure, only Butch, Wrighty, Simon Thompson and I have it that I know of. I'm not sure where Keb's old copy went though? Maybe half a dozon copies?

Social source share

Not sure, only Butch, Wrighty, Simon Thompson and I have it that I know of. I'm not sure where Keb's old copy went though? Maybe half a dozon copies?

Remembered now James, must have heard it here or possibly played by Butch

https://www.soul45.org/cgi-bin/radioshow.cgi?record=16

Suppose my £5 offer's gone out of the window i guess, how about £10 :thumbsup:

Hmmm, a deep funk night at Modernism. Now thats a thought.....

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Remembered now James, must have heard it here or possibly played by Butch

https://www.soul45.org/cgi-bin/radioshow.cgi?record=16

Suppose my £5 offer's gone out of the window i guess, how about £10 :thumbsup:

Hmmm, a deep funk night at Modernism. Now thats a thought.....

:ohmy: If you keep raising your bid at that rate I might be tempted to sell it around easter 2013 :lol:

I've not been to 'Modernism', but the 'funk' DJ who you'd want to hear at a 'modern soul' event would be Ian Wright. He's got the best 'disco/modern' of all the funk DJs. Actually, he's got the best 70s soul set in the world IMO :lol:

Social source share

James i could of had this copy of MM,but i told Ari to let you have it,

as it was too much for my budget :Dblush.gif:lol: ,

so you owe me a beer :P

i thought Kebs copy of MM went to Dave R?.

Dave f...................

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

James i could of had this copy of MM,but i told Ari to let you have it,

as it was too much for my budget :Dranting_1.gif:D ,

so you owe me a beer :P

i thought Kebs copy of MM went to Dave R?.

Dave f...................

That's it, it went to Dave The Dentist. How could I forget. Keb was so proud of those teeth for months!!!! :lol:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Agree, Ian would be up there with the best,it`s a shame he don`t get booked to play out at Modern rooms ect.

Dave f...............

I think he'd scare the brown stuff out of those folk :lol:

Actually, thinking about it, there are quite a few 'funk DJs' who'd give pretty much every 'modern soul' DJ I've heard a good seeing to. Now that is quite a claim! ranting_1.gif

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

I think he'd scare the brown stuff out of those folk :lol:

Actually, thinking about it, there are quite a few 'funk DJs' who'd give pretty much every 'modern soul' DJ I've heard a good seeing to. Now that is quite a claim! :wicked:

You've obviously not heard any decent modern soul DJ's then frusty2.gif:lol:

Girf

Social source share

Just got a contact number for Ian via Keb's old friend Julia who co promotes Modernism alongside Errol & myself so i'll be in touch with him as soon as we have sorted out some more dates frusty2.gif

Think you could do better Gareth :lol:

You could always make the journey up to South Yorkshire together with Ian :wicked:

Could be interesting & it would fit in nicely with what Modernism's about as we're always looking to bring DJ's into South Yorkshire who haven't played round here before & quite a few of them have been booked aftarwards at other local venues.

Mart...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert