Today's Fun Fact

Dayo

believe it or not jackie lee who did all the mirwood stuff is not the same jackie lee who did rupert the bear, however, jackie lee who did rupert the bear is emma rede who did the brill i gotta be with you, and

theres a great version of walking the dog by a uk group where the drummer is the bloke who played jack sugden in emmerdale

Social source share

11 hours ago, codfromderby said:

believe it or not jackie lee who did all the mirwood stuff is not the same jackie lee who did rupert the bear,

Oh no, I'm not having that.  This kind of mis-information is ruining the scene.  In fact, I've got an acetate of the original demo of "Oh My Darling" where Jackie clearly sings "Oh My Trousers" - an oblique reference to his famous checked strides.  And it's Nutwood not  Mirwood -  get your facts straight!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, DaveNPete said:

My favourite one I noticed years ago is that Skiing in the Snow has the same writers, producers and arrangers as Native New Yorker.

Dx

They also wrote a load of stuff for the Four Seasons and the Toys

Social source share

Guest MBarrett
2 hours ago, jordirip said:

That's a great video with a great message.

LOL After it finished for me it ran through to some more Macka B videos. One called Wha Me Eat about being a vegetarian/vegan. What a hoot! Never heard of him till today. Now I'm a fan. :)

Social source share

Great Macka B vid. Or at least the parts I understood. Seems he mellowed down a bit (in a political sense). Last time I played his records was in the late 80s and he talked about to get rid of Maggie and described some blokes as coconuts (black on the outside and white inside).

Edit: Sample taken from 54-46 was my number or is my number?

Edited by Benji
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!