Gambian Soul Project 2

Mandy

The Gambian Soul Project are pleased to announce it's second all dayer ... hopefully to be as good as the first one :thumbsup:

Saturday 11th November '06

1pm until 1am

Just £5 admission - not bad for 12 hours of non-stop entertainment!!!

Raffle and hopefully an auction on the day!!

Stafford Rangers Football Club, Astonfields/Marston Road, Stafford

(approx 3 minutes from Junction 14 of the M6, two travel lodges just off Jct 14 for overnight guests!)

We are looking for anyone who would like to contribute at least half an hour's worth of DJing for the charity dayer. The last dayer in February had an absolutely cracking line up and we're hoping to get as good this time. If you would like to DJ or contribute anything towards the raffle please PM myself or Lagerlout. We raised the fantastic sum of just over £500 last time and would love to do the same so the children can all have a christmas present each this year :thumbsup:

Any suggestions for raising more money etc would be greatly appreciated.

Details of accommodation and directions at a later date.

Thanks

Mandy, Pete & Jules

unfortunally clashes with a YKSoul charity event in York so won't be able to make it -however this normally just the sort of worthy cause I would go out of my way to support , DJ and contribute to the raffle -let me know about future ones .All the best -wishing you the sucess you deserve .

Andy

• Replies 217
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Your welcome .... now all I need to find is a box & ribbon big enough to put .......... Mace in :lol: xx

Only just read this... :sleep3:

Chris, how many times have I told you to remove the fuse from the plug on the p.c.when you ain't on it.....

She will never suss it mate :rolleyes:

Looking forward to DJing at this event.

Unfortunately I gotta fly in and out cus I'm already booked for a mod do in Brum on same night. :rolleyes:

Guest Marcelle

Only just read this... :P

Hmmmm .... how SLOW ?

Chris, how many times have I told you to remove the fuse from the plug on the p.c.when you ain't on it.....

Chris dosnt know what a fuse is !

She will never suss it mate :lol:

:P ......

bet your the only one !!!

Unfortunately I gotta fly in and out cus I'm already booked for a mod do in Brum on same night. :lol:

WOW twice in one night !!!!

XXXXXXX

Edited by Marcelle

Only just read this... :P

She will never suss it mate :lol:

Unfortunately I gotta fly in and out cus I'm already booked for a mod do in Brum on same night. :lol:

Pity that Mace, thought me and thee could have a little drinking contest to raise some money for the cause :P

Be great to see you anyway.

is there a flyer i can send to my mate in the Gambia?

Mr Dave Woolley is in the process of designing the flyer so as soon as it's done I'll send you a couple over (pm me with your details!). If anyone would like to help distribute the flyers then please pm me with your details and I'll send a brown envelope full of them for you - thanks in advance :lol:

Everything is now sorted (Djs - list up shortly). Getting really giddy about this again. Can't wait to see everyone as it's been a long long time :yes:

At last .. here's the DJ line up and times .. if anyone can't make the time they're down for can they please contact me on 078 990 12153 or PM Lagerlout (you can PM me but can't get on here very often at the moment!).

1.00 - 1.45 Shute

1.45 - 2.30 Becky

2.30 - 3.15 Gary

3.15 - 4.00 Ged Parker

4.00 - 4.45 Mak

4.45 - 5.30 Mike Hughes

5.30 - 6.15 Baz

6.15 - 7.00 Mark Etheridge

7.00 - 7.45 Pikey's Dog

7.45 - 8.30 Mace

8.30 - 9.30 Carl Willingham

9.30 - 10.15 Garrath Churm

10.15 - 11.00 Dave Woolley

11.00 - 11.45 John May

11.45 - 12.30 Jumpin Joan

12.30 - 1.00 Shute

I'll be contacting the people who have donated raffle prizes shortly with my address to send the prizes to unless of course you are (AND I HOPE YOU ARE!!) attending the dayer :D

Thanks

Mandy

I'll be contacting the people who have donated raffle prizes shortly with my address to send the prizes to unless of course you are (AND I HOPE YOU ARE!!) attending the dayer :D

Thanks

Mandy

Looking good Mandy

Must see if i can get another leather thong for the raffle :D

Guest Marcelle

Looking good Mandy

Must see if i can get another leather thong for the raffle :yes:

Hmmm maybe Mandy could donate a piece of clothing she no longer wears :lol:

yes I know Mandy ..... naughty naughty :(

Marcelle xx

Guest lagerlout

Hmmm maybe Mandy could donate a piece of clothing she no longer wears :lol:

yes I know Mandy ..... naughty naughty :yes:

Marcelle xx

Hmmm sounds interesting ..come on marcelle dish the goss :(

Hmmm maybe Mandy could donate a piece of clothing she no longer wears :thumbsup:

yes I know Mandy ..... naughty naughty :lol:

Marcelle xx

MARCELLE!!!! How could you :D

I've just one thing to say to you ......2½ years - every day :D

Had a fantastic time on saturday, thanks for your great company (and that miserable Chris of course blush.gif:lol: )

Guest Chris Waterman

Had a fantastic time on saturday, thanks for your great company (and that miserable Chris of course :thumbsup:blush.gif )

I can't help it if God gave me a face that says 'F**k Off' and for that post all I can say is

'Youv'e changed' :D

Will do fella.... cracking line up or what!! :D

looks that way Joan :( real diverse mix there, summin for every one :D

Still trying to come up with something for Mike, you and myself, like moan at a mod day or summing £3 in the bucket and they get to moan at us for 3mins or summin :(

looks that way Joan :( real diverse mix there, summin for every one :D

Still trying to come up with something for Mike, you and myself, like moan at a mod day or summing £3 in the bucket and they get to moan at us for 3mins or summin :)

:D:D

You could call it "MODS & KNOCKERS" ... oooh missus!!

i'll get my thinking cap on :(

Guest Bearsoul

At last .. here's the DJ line up and times .. if anyone can't make the time they're down for can they please contact me on 078 990 12153 or PM Lagerlout (you can PM me but can't get on here very often at the moment!).

1.00 - 1.45 Shute

1.45 - 2.30 Becky

2.30 - 3.15 Gary

3.15 - 4.00 Ged Parker

4.00 - 4.45 Mak

4.45 - 5.30 Mike Hughes

5.30 - 6.15 Baz

6.15 - 7.00 Mark Etheridge

7.00 - 7.45 Pikey's Dog

7.45 - 8.30 Mace

8.30 - 9.30 Carl Willingham

9.30 - 10.15 Garrath Churm

10.15 - 11.00 Dave Woolley

11.00 - 11.45 John May

11.45 - 12.30 Jumpin Joan

12.30 - 1.00 Shute

I'll be contacting the people who have donated raffle prizes shortly with my address to send the prizes to unless of course you are (AND I HOPE YOU ARE!!) attending the dayer :rolleyes:

Thanks

Mandy

SORRY I WONT BE THERE MANDY (DUTIES NORTH OF THE WALL) BUT AS PROMISED WILL SEND RAFFLE PRIZE :lol:

CHRIS M :lol:

Edited by bearsoul
Guest Bearsoul

What wall is this Chris ?, Are you having some building work done.........? :thumbsup:

HADRIANS !!!!!!!!!!! GONNA BE AT 'BASICS' IN EDINBURGH....BUT FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION IT...I'M CURRENTLY CONSTRUCTING AN ORNAMENTAL BIRD-BATH OUT OF SPENT MATCHES......WELL YA GOTTA HAVE A HOBBY AIN'T YA ! Edited by bearsoul

SORRY I WONT BE THERE MANDY (DUTIES NORTH OF THE WALL) BUT AS PROMISED WILL SEND RAFFLE PRIZE :ohmy:

CHRIS M :no:

You will be missed Chris but thanks for the apology at the Wedding. I'll PM my address for the raffle prize but if the christmas turkey is too big maybe you could let someone bring it down for you ph34r.gif:no:

Baz I think the moan at a mod is a fabbie idea - specially as I'm not one now - I'll have £9 worth please :lol:

I've had a few enquiries about food being available :) Well, there'll be a few butties behind the bar but Mrs Shute has come up trumps :D She is working until 5.00pm but said she'll pop in on the way home for getting changed out of her nurse's uniform (although I've heard some would rather her stay in it :D ) and she's going to take orders for the local chippie ... yippeee ... the diet goes out the backdoor that day :)

I've had a few enquiries about food being available :lol: Well, there'll be a few butties behind the bar but Mrs Shute has come up trumps :yes: She is working until 5.00pm but said she'll pop in on the way home for getting changed out of her nurse's uniform (although I've heard some would rather her stay in it wicked.gif ) and she's going to take orders for the local chippie ... yippeee ... the diet goes out the backdoor that day :thumbsup:

hi Mandy , see you've got Gary (with 2 r's) Churm on the line up.Just make sure he pays for the chippie run,i'm sure i don't need to warn you .BTW thinking of coming over,checking diary,,KEV.

hi Mandy , see you've got Gary (with 2 r's) Churm on the line up.Just make sure he pays for the chippie run,i'm sure i don't need to warn you .BTW thinking of coming over,checking diary,,KEV.

I know all about Mr Churm and his lack of paying for things - put him up (or rather put up with him) for a weekend when I lived in Manchester many years back :lol:

Be great to meet you if you can make it ... maybe you and Gary (with 2 r's) could get the National Express together :lol:

Guest lagerlout

soon be time to travel down to sunny stafford for the 2nd gambian schools all dayer.those who missed the 1st event must try and get to this one,and those who attended the last one will im sure be there giving there support as we all know what a good laff it was. listening to great music and helping to help kids in the gambia get a education with the resources we provide. whistling.gif

Unfortunately Garath Churm has double-booked himself so he won't be able to make it down for this - he sends his apologies - Mrs Shute will be gutted :D

Kiddo from Shrewsbury was first on the reserves list so we'll be hearing the delights of his play box instead of Garath. Thanks for stepping in Anthony :unsure:

Can any promoters (i have already PMd them) who haven't sent the prizes to me please do so very soon, thank you very much :lol:

the flyer well good..baz. thumbsup.gif

Credit where its due Pete, Mr Dave Woolley done the flyer ohmy.gif

Got Carl Willingams CD through the post off Mandy the other day, so like last year there will be a CD on sale (all proceeds to the Gambian soul project) only this time it will be a double CD one with Carls and one with mine in there.......just trying to think of a price.....£6 or £7 ??? limtied run of 50 only :shhh:

Credit where its due Pete, Mr Dave Woolley done the flyer thumbsup.gif

Got Carl Willingams CD through the post off Mandy the other day, so like last year there will be a CD on sale (all proceeds to the Gambian soul project) only this time it will be a double CD one with Carls and one with mine in there.......just trying to think of a price.....£6 or £7 ??? limtied run of 50 only ohmy.gif

I'd say a minimum donation of £6/7 or whatever.... but you will be allowed to pay much much more for it... of course!

Well it is for a very good cause :shhh:

Guest lagerlout

its getting all very xciting now.thinking of doing a sponsored walk round the local reservouir next sunday, its 3.3 miles round it if anyone wonts to sponsor me at a £1 a go,it will all go to the gambian school project. do you think i should put another thread on freebaseing about it with a map and stuff of the walk. will post pics of proof of walk. would be funny if i had to do 5 stunts while going round like, climb at tree or something like that....lol ..ive left myself wide open now avent i... thumbsup.gif

its getting all very xciting now.thinking of doing a sponsored walk round the local reservouir next sunday, its 3.3 miles round it if anyone wonts to sponsor me at a £1 a go,it will all go to the gambian school project. do you think i should put another thread on freebaseing about it with a map and stuff of the walk. will post pics of proof of walk. would be funny if i had to do 5 stunts while going round like, climb at tree or something like that....lol ..ive left myself wide open now avent i... thumbsup.gif

Cliford could do the walk ohmy.gif

Guest lagerlout

Cliford could do the walk ohmy.gif

unfortunatly clifford is back with is owners now and will not be making a appearence. im hoping to secure funds if jules dont miss em to have a night owl commisioned for me, that will be available for hire to soulie mates.. thumbsup.gif

Source Advert