Anyone Want To Swap A Cd Of Lp Tracks?

• Replies 181
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes, fine effort Chris lad, all top tunes and you've included what I personally think is one of Jackie Wilson's finest moments ever, 'You're The Song', what a stunner. thumbsup.gif

Just putting mine together this weekend, should get them out early next week.

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

Hi Chris,

Got yours today, nice stuff, whats great about this is, its reminding me of stuff i have, and not played for ages, eg Prince phillip Mitchell.

Also have recieved Eddie's in the week great choices as always.

Need help with that RJ'S latest arrival track, played it and has the same backing as something else and it,s doing my head in, please help, as it,s really p***ing my Carol off that i,ve played it ten times already.

Cheers

Andy thumbsup.gif

ps do you know the two tons of love version of what good am without you ?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Posted mine this morning, so should be with 21 of you Saturday am....Stateside will take a little longer i`m afraid!

Really enjoyed the 2 I have played so far (Eddie and Drew)....

Cheers, Chris

Got yours today Chris , many thanks , some mouthwatering stuff on it !! Nearly all mine are posted now , last few will go out Monday .Best Wishes ,Eddie

Social source share

Got Adrian's today, another quality offering. Funnily enough I've included the title track of the Johnny Bristol LP on mine, which is now ready to roll and I should get them in the post tomorrow all being well. :shades:

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

Move You Lose - tower of power -

11812 refosoul

Here's a taster of the one I've done . . . just thought I'd share this as I've been playing it for last half an hour!!

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Move You Lose - tower of power -

11812 refosoul

Here's a taster of the one I've done . . . just thought I'd share this as I've been playing it for last half an hour!!

I remember this one! Awesome! thumbup.gif

Social source share

All in the post now except Maverick's (air mail tommorow)

Cocked up on the packing, you'll need to slit along one of the cellotaped sides to stop knackering the playlist (mine look like a white A4 sheet folded in half with the address printed on it)

Got your's this morning Simon , again a very interesting selection , this swap is like Christmas every day at the moment !! Thanks ,Eddie

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

I got Drew's and Chris'! Chris, I have only heard that Ronnie McNeir one time in my life and I am happy to revisit that song again! Listening to Drew's right now at my desk! Groovy! :thumbsup:

Mine will be in the post Friday morning! smile.gif

Social source share

Tracklisting for the CDR

thanks to Plumby for the monster topics lp track from the orwells 6th anniversary cdr

Ockers November 2006 CDR

Track Listing:

• Carl Douglas I don't care what people say "Kung fu fighting and other love songs" 1974
  • Dana Valery "You Babe" Not the flower but the root 1972 Brunswick LP
  • Doug Parkinson Band "Rainbow in your eyes" 1979 Southern Star Band LP
  • The Dynamics "you'll never find a man like me" What a shame LP 1973 LP
  • Eramus Hall " Just me and you" Your love is my desire 1980 LP
  • Gladys Knight "If you ever need somebody" CBS self titled LP 1979
  • Jackie Wilson "Its all over" Brunswick 1973 Beautiful Day LP
  • Lou Bond "Why our eyes must be turned backwards" 1974 LP
  • Miracles "Cant get ready for losing you" motown 1974 LP
  • New York City " By the time I get to phoenix" chelsea self titled 1973 LP
  • O C Smith " We're making love we're making music" Love changes 1982 LP
  • Pacific Gas and Electric Co "Sunshine embrace" 1973 LP feat carl hall/lou courtney
  • The Presidents "Girl you cheated on me" 5 10 15 20 25 30 years of Presidents LP
  • Ralph Graham " changing up my life" Extensions RCA 1977 LP
  • Rita Graham " My cup runneth over" Vibrations LP
  • Soul Children "if you want a woman this time "where is your woman tonight epic 1977 LP
  • Three Pieces "If only I could prove to you" "Vibes of truth fantasy 1975 LP
  • The Dells "Don't trick me treat me" Love connection LP 1977
  • Ben Moore "I got a winner in you" purified UK DJM 1979 LP
  • Topics "Rose" wanted live by a million girls NCS LP ORWELL5 6TH AnniversaryCDR
  • Dee Dee Sharp Gamble "Share my Love" PHIL INT 1975LP

hope theres something there for everyone

:thumbsup:

cheers Sean

Social source share

BLIMEY !!!!!!!! THEY'RE COMING THICK AND FAST NOW, WADING THROUGH THEM IN A PLEASURABLE WAY OF COURSE....TOP STUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MINE WENT THIS MORNING...SORRY FOR DELAY...AND PLEASE BEAR WITH ME ON SOME OF THE INTROS, ALL THIS TECHNOLOGY NEW TO ME BUT GETTING THE HANG OF IT SLOWLY BUT SURELY...CHEERS...CHRIS MORGAN :thumbsup:

Social source share

BLIMEY !!!!!!!! THEY'RE COMING THICK AND FAST NOW, WADING THROUGH THEM IN A PLEASURABLE WAY OF COURSE....TOP STUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bit too thick and fast for my liking!!!

Four arrived this morning... but I only opened one to play on the way to the office (the great compilation from Alan Darker).

I prefer time to absorb the music and feel playing one after t'other won't do 'em justice... in which case I'm asking for special dispensation to copy and send mine out in 2-3 months time :yes:

Seriously though, my IT guy has just told me that they wont all fit onto one CD so I'm going to have to knock one of the tracks off the list (probably RJ's Latest Arrival - since it's already on Chris's Comp).

Once he's got it sorted we'll get them out, hopefully b4 the weekend.

Tremendous standard so far guys.

Just love hearing stuff (of this calibre) that I don't already know.

:thumbsup:

Cheers

Sean

Social source share

Agreed, there's been great stuff on every single one received so far, this swap has been as good a standard as any I've ever been involved in. :thumbsup:

All mine went out at lunchtime BTW.

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

Thanks for those i have recieved so far, can't wait to get home from work each day! :yes:

Apologies on mine, thought they were all lp tracks and just seen that the Lou Courtney was released as a 7", opps :thumbsup:

Still hope theres something you like on it..

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Only had chance to paly Drew and Eddies so far, great tracks selection, hope to get through a few more this w/e and also hoping to get mine done and sent out sometime next week. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guys, the qauality of music so far has been faultless....although i`m taking my time to play each CD one at a time and really "absorb" the tunes! I`m also taking the time to label and case each one as when i`ve done this before they all got mixed up, mind you when i did this before 90% of the CDs were absolute shit.....!

Keep em coming...must still be another 17 odd due to land any minute....

Chris

Social source share

fdsoul6345789

Hi Guys, haven't forgotten quite the opposite as I made my original about a week ago then when I went to start copying the cds my CD burner has developed a fault and only gets to track 15 then when I tried again it did not want to burn at all. Will get the copies done next week for definite. Those who have sent me copies many thanks look forward to getting many more. Please be patient, thanks

best regards FRASER

Social source share

Agreed, there's been great stuff on every single one received so far, this swap has been as good a standard as any I've ever been involved in. :thumbsup:

All mine went out at lunchtime BTW.

Cheers

Roger

Swap wise this has been the best i've have been involved in. Only had 5 disks so far but of the 5 X 25 = 125+ tracks, I've only had to FF about 3 of them!

Social source share

Had Mr. Darker's on repeat play this lunchtime (trying to do one a day), top class stuff as expected, the first three tracks are killers especially Fresh 'You' which is really quite excellent and Jeannie Reynolds 'Second Best', total perfection, good effort Dark's m'boy. :D

Cheers

Roger

Edited by Dodger
Social source share

Had Mr. Darker's on repeat play this lunchtime (trying to do one a day), top class stuff as expected, the first three tracks are killers especially Fresh 'You' which is really quite excellent and Jeannie Reynolds 'Second Best', total perfection, good effort Dark's m'boy. :D

Cheers

Roger

Thanks Roger. It was a mixed bag so there should be something for everyone although I would'nt expect everyone to like every track, if you know what I mean. Even I'm racked with self doubt over the Rudi Love track!

Fresh was a Dave Hulston spin when we did the Waldorf. I say spin as I think he played it once. We managed to obtain several sealed copies which promptly gave away to our small but loyal band of followers! So I may still have some spairs.

I'd forgotten all about the track until a few months ago. I gave it a spin and thought wow this is far better then I ever remembered.

I have to say the standard of the CD's is absoloutly brilliant. I really pleased to have taken part, although it is a real chore burning them.

It's gonna take a while to play them through properly.

Regards Alan

Social source share

I would be very grateful if somebody could PM me with a list of addressee's involved please?? I've either deleted the initial PM or never recieved it. Chris say's he'll post me a master list but I'm a bit streched for time.

I've got 20-odd CD's parcelled up ready to go, but I'm off away with work tonight / tomorrow - and as the military is these day's, I ain't exactly sure when I'll be back.

I only got back home last Fri so I do apoligise for dragging my end of the bargain out but it would be great if somebody could dig me out of a bit of a hole.

cheers muchly!! :lol:

Social source share

I would be very grateful if somebody could PM me with a list of addressee's involved please?? I've either deleted the initial PM or never recieved it. Chris say's he'll post me a master list but I'm a bit streched for time.

I've got 20-odd CD's parcelled up ready to go, but I'm off away with work tonight / tomorrow - and as the military is these day's, I ain't exactly sure when I'll be back.

I only got back home last Fri so I do apoligise for dragging my end of the bargain out but it would be great if somebody could dig me out of a bit of a hole.

cheers muchly!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Bearsy.

I'll get the 33 and Third State out tomorrow.

Social source share

And was bugging me as to why it was so familiar.....straight rip of the intro for Dena Deadly's 'I Don't Eva Wanna Stop' from a couple of years back....

Girf

Rip-off-wise, more likely to be the other way round isn't it?

Well impressed with the Doug Parkinson track on Ockers' CD as well. :thumbsup:

Social source share

And was bugging me as to why it was so familiar.....straight rip of the intro for Dena Deadly's 'I Don't Eva Wanna Stop' from a couple of years back....

Girf

Blimey, Dena Deadly was in my play box for yonks, just goes to show how well I listen to my own records. Fresh is from 1977.

Is there another version of the Doug Parkinson track?

Regards Alan

Social source share

Rip-off-wise, more likely to be the other way round isn't it?

Well impressed with the Doug Parkinson track on Ockers' CD as well. :thumbsup:

Sorry, small typo - meant to read 'straight rip off, for the intro of Dena Deadly's 'I Don't Eva Wanna Stop' from a couple of years back' - it was bugging the hell out of me and while listening on the way to Monumental last night, my mate Russ immediately clocked it.....

Chars Girf

Social source share

Hi Guys, apologies just getting to this now, no surprise to anyone that knows me though!!

Slight technological hitch, cant get the CDR to work and have lost instructions, its just one of the Phillips CDR's, tried to press red button for REC, I thought that was all had to do. Anyone with one of these machines able to help??

CD is turning out to be 70's crossover type thing after seeing some of the tracklists, only managed to listen to Drews so far and liking it a lot, are we going to do feedback on favorite tracks like we did once before, nothing like a bunch of amatuar critics spouting their wisdom (or otherwise) to give the readers something to chortle over!!

Have been searching discogs to try and make sure LP only so hope I called them right,

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

CD is turning out to be 70's crossover type thing after seeing some of the tracklists, only managed to listen to Drews so far and liking it a lot, are we going to do feedback on favorite tracks like we did once before, nothing like a bunch of amatuar critics spouting their wisdom (or otherwise) to give the readers something to chortle over!!

Good idea, feedback is always good on these swaps. I was going to do that anyway once I'd got them all and listened to them in a bit more depth, maybe just list two or three favourite tracks from each one.

Social source share

I was going to do that anyway once I'd got them all and listened to them in a bit more depth......

Me as well. They've been coming in at such a pace, I haven't had a chance to even flick through some yet. I'll be working away for a couple of days so perhaps I'll get a chance to absorb them all a bit then. I got one this morning which I played on my journey around the M25 but can't remember who compiled it :unsure: . Standout cut for me though was Little Royal, which has now been bagged & should be with me soon. Cheers :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert