Anyone Want To Swap A Cd Of Lp Tracks?

Guest Lady Maverick

You guyz...I have been SO busy with Thanksgiving here that I didn't post mine as of yet...they should be in the post by the middle of this week. Sorry!

Social source share

• Replies 181
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Guys just to let you know that I posted my CD to all Today TUESDAY, so you it should be dropping through your doors in the next couple of days. Hope you enjoy some of my humble efforts. Any problems with cds etc,. please get in touch.

best

fdsoul6345789

And I'll bet it will be top drawer young Fraser!

The 45's not arrived yet but my man said it is on its way.

Will post it on to you with your copy of the CD, once it gets here!

:unsure:

Sean

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Half way through recording mine so hopefully I will get them out early next week. Great tracks from the first 3 I've listen too (over and over) I will have to get moving or it will be next Christmas before I get through them all. Anyway I'm sure they will all be worth the wait. :(

Social source share

Hi Guys just to let you know that I posted my CD to all Today TUESDAY, so it should be dropping through your doors in the next couple of days. Hope you enjoy some of my humble efforts. Any problems with cds etc,. please get in touch.

best

fdsoul6345789

looking forward to listening to this on my lunch today fraser

cheers sean

Social source share

You won't be dissapointed.

Fraser Dunn in a Mellow Mood... down in the Downbeat Lounge!

A CD compilation I'll be revisiting over and over again.

Awesome Stuff!

:thumbsup:

Sean

shadow track is well cool :yes:

love oc smith stormy too mmm well cool

very mellow indeed

nice one fraser

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Will send them out tomorrow FINALLY...my job had me mobile this week and most of the time, I can't get to the post before they close in the week. Hope you all enjoy my selections!

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Any chance of me joining in the swap...and sorry for the late reply peeps..

I have your address already...I will send yours too! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Just where do i start?! I have a stack of CDs here on the table in front of me...i really cant choose between them, not that i have played them all yet, i`m trying to absorb each one by letting it play 2 or 3 times over so some of the tunes stick.

I am just playing Girths at the moment, love the Fantastic four track mate, just found myself lost in Sweet James` voice.....

Must thank everyone for the quality of the Cds, its been amazing. Does anyone have an accurate count on how many are still to come? we must be about there now.....

Chris

Social source share

I finally got round to posting all the CD's today, sorry for being a little bit late but I had problems with my ever reliable Philips CD burner, I will have to replace it soon as it isn't as reliable as it once was but it doesn't owe me anything as I have burnt many thousands of cd's over the years. Anyway I hope you all enjoy my selections as much as I have enjoyed all the ones I have received upto now.

Like quite a few people have mentioned already I think the best way of appreciating these CD's is to play them through completely once and then maybe a second time before moving onto the next one, I know this means it will take along time before you have played them all but hey there's no time limit is there !.

The first cd I played was Eddie Hubbard's and I have swapped with Eddie before and his standard is always extremely high, stand out tracks on this compilation were Chris Bartley, Freddie Hughes, Trade Martin, Eloise Laws, Ronn Matlock and the awesome Gene Chandler (Eddie who is that singing with him ?????). Great stuff Eddie.

The Second CD was Ockers Cd, again the standard was awesome, the tracks that made me rreach for the track listing and almost drivivg into the hedge were Dana Valery WOW, Erasmus Hall, Gladys Knight (glad you included a track by Gladys that I didn't know as I love her), Rita Graham (isn't there another version of this ???), and finally the record of the cd's up to now the incredible Lou Bond "Why our eyes must be turned backwards" I need more info on this please , is it rare ? what label is it on ?, how much will I have to pay ? and has anyone got one for sale ?.

The third Cd I listened too was compiled by Neil Forbes, again absolutely top standard, absolutely fulll of midtempo stuff, particularly liked the tracks by Philly Cream, The Exportations, Pacific Gs & Electric, George McCrae, William Bell and the brilliant but unusual Boris Gardiner.

Here's hoping the rest are as good, I will feedback as I listen to them.

Great idea Chris and what a great way to hear new tracks.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Great idea Chris and what a great way to hear new tracks.

Regards

Alan

Alan, yours is a corker as well mate, but thanks most of all for the Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston 'Heaven Sent You I Know' track, didn't know that and what an absolute gem of a 60s soul record. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

Alan, yours is a corker as well mate, but thanks most of all for the Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston 'Heaven Sent You I Know' track, didn't know that and what an absolute gem of a 60s soul record. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Roger

Hi Roger,

Glad your enjoying the CD, The Marvin & Kim track is a bit good isn't it, infact the whole album is superb. I'm sure yours will be great when I get round to listening to it in the this rather large pile of CD's.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

I posted all of the CDs today! :thumbsup:

Here is the track listing:

1 Pretty Little Angel-Stevie Wonder-Uptight

2 Caf Regio's-Isaac Hayes-Shaft Soundtrack

3 I Need Someone-The Marvelettes-The Marvelettes

4 If I Have to Move a Mountain-The Jackson Five-Lookin' Through the Windows

5 Pieces- The Stylistics- Round 2

6 Sweet Inspiration-Diana Ross/Supremes/The Temptations-Diana Ross and the Supremes Meet the Temptations

7 This Time Baby-The O'Jays-So Full Of Love

8 If Anyone Can -Eddie Kendricks-The Hit Man

9 Can You Feel It-Dennis Coffey-Goin' For Myself

10 One-Isaac Hayes-The Isaac Hayes Movement

11 Love to the World-L.T.D.-Love to the World

12 Make Me a Believer-Luther Vandross-Busy Body

13 The Edge of a Dream-Minnie Riperton-Perfect Angel

14 Fulfill Your Need-Smokey Robinson-Pure Smokey

15 People of Today-The Isley Brothers-Harvest For the World

16 More, More, More of Your Love-Smokey Robinson and the Miracles-Away We a Go-Go

17 No Plans for Tomorrow-The Emotions-Flowers

18 I Wanna Make It Up To You-Aretha Franklin and the Four Tops-Jump To It

19 When Did You Stop Loving Me, When Did I Stop Loving You-Marvin Gaye-Here, My Dear

Social source share

The Second CD was Ockers Cd, again the standard was awesome, the tracks that made me rreach for the track listing and almost drivivg into the hedge were Dana Valery WOW, Erasmus Hall, Gladys Knight (glad you included a track by Gladys that I didn't know as I love her), Rita Graham (isn't there another version of this ???), and finally the record of the cd's up to now the incredible Lou Bond "Why our eyes must be turned backwards" I need more info on this please , is it rare ? what label is it on ?, how much will I have to pay ? and has anyone got one for sale ?.

Social source share

Lou Bond is absolutely awesome. It came out on a self-titled album on We Produce back in 74 me thinks. Once heard it becomes a must. I was lucky enough to get one from the Black Music Record fair in Manchester a few years back. Two copies were on sale one for a ton and one for £40.00. Needless to say I opted to save 60 quid although the more expensive one was probably in better condition.

Not sure how much these days. Don't see it very often.

I think the Rita Graham is a standard as a lot of the other tracks on her album are. However, I think there is another version by Ronnie Dyson which is on the other side of "lady in red". I have'nt heard it for years and always thought LIR a bit dodgy so I never got a copy.

I've decided to play the CDs at random . Just got through Frazer's and EmJayGee's. Superb stuff i can tell you. Forgot how good the Friends of Distinction track was, and as for the Soul Children track !!! Loads of additions to the wanted book.

At the moment I'm looking piles of junk for my Shadow album. I got a horrible feeling that it's the wrong one. As always, I have the wrong one.

Regards Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the info it's appreciated. Looking forward to getting round to listening to your compilation.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

CDs a bit thin on the ground this week...maybe I have been spoiled!

Who are we still waiting for?

Chris.

Still waiting on me Chris!

They've been sat on my desk for about 10 days, but I deliberately soft peddled on sending them out because they were coming so thick and fast.

Should have got them out earlier though, cos since I did mine 4-5 of the tracks on there have appeared on some of the other CD's from the other guys... (even though I put my list up on here three weeks ago :angry: whistling.gif ).

Never mind eh!

They'll be out before the weekend.

Agree on the quality though. Quite a few things I'd not got or heard before and a bit overwhelming when they all come at once! A nice problem to have, for a change, I guess.

:wicked:

Sean

Social source share

CDs a bit thin on the ground this week...maybe I have been spoiled!

Who are we still waiting for?

Chris.

ps, cant emphisise enough the quality so far...without exception....

Me I am afraid, although I did say it would take me a few weeks. My CDR just seems to have died so have gone out and bought one of these USB turntables so will get to it this weekend,

I too have had to put a few back on the shelves on receiving the CD's, teach me to be a coos tail again!!

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Most of mine should have arrived, can people confirm.

TT

GOT IT THIS A.M. TONY...MANY THANKS. I'VE DECIDED TO POST FEEDBACK WHEN I'VE WADED THROUGH THEM ALL, SOME CRACKING STUFF , REAL QUALITY , IMAGINATIVE CHOICES ! I HAVE A FEELING THIS SWAP-LARK COULD RUN & RUN. :)

CHRIS MORGAN

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

TT

I am assuming I have yours Tony!

The same question goes out to all from me...I hope you all received mine!

Social source share

TT

Got it today, Tony, a superb effort mate with a good few I didn't know or recognise - loving the Lou Rawls, Esther Williams and the Chuck Jackson in particular, big time. thumbsup.gif

Nice one, thanks.

Cheers

Roger

Edited by Dodger
Social source share

A few included that are on 45 in some selections sofar.....and a hell of alot that would be lovely on a 45 :lol:

Girf

Me, I wander through life in a daze at times - I only noticed when I was digging a few 45s out of the loft when I got home this morning that I'd put one of them on the CD. Sorry folks... :thumbsup:

ps thanks for all great CD's. The past 5 weeks have been pretty rough on the road and away from home and our lass has been mailing them on to me. The great array of tunes has helped against staring at 4 walls immeasurably - and kept me off the old routine of simply sloping off to the pub. Thanks again. :wicked::shades:

Edited by Rich
Social source share

I am worried...did anyone get my CD? :thumbsup:

I haven't had it yet Marverick, would'nt worry, christmas post and all that.

Has anyone not had mine? Should all have them, drop me a pm if you haven't.

Really enjoying them, I will post a review as mentioned by others when I get through them.

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

I haven't had it yet Marverick, would'nt worry, christmas post and all that.

Has anyone not had mine? Should all have them, drop me a pm if you haven't.

Really enjoying them, I will post a review as mentioned by others when I get through them.

Yes Adrian! I received yours! I wanna post after I went thru mine as well! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

GOT YOURS THIS MORNING STACIA, GONNA GIVE IT A BLAST TODAY. THANKYOU :rolleyes: CHRIS MORGAN

Just got yours Stacia , many thanks ,Eddie

Excellent! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I am worried...did anyone get my CD? :thumbsup:

It arrived today, thank you.

I've got 19 now, does that sound about right?

I've lost the track listing to one and can't rememeber who it's from - CD is yellow and a ?Collins & Collins track is about the last track, any ideas?

Thanks to everyone who contibuted, excellent stuff & best CD swap done to date!

Social source share

Right guys am on the case, started tonight, went down the USB turntable route and wish I had bought another CDR as its more manual than would have thought!! Will finish in next couple of nights and get them done over weekend and out for Monday (assuming its as easy to record these WAV files onto CDR as the Numark instructions say :thumbsup: ).

Tracks recorded tonight

David Ruffin - Pieces of A Man.

Innez Fox - You're Saving Me For A Rainy Day

Kim Tolliver - Learn To Get Along Without You

Love Piece & Happiness - You've Chosen Me

Honey Cone - A Womans Prayer

Kim Weston - Love Dont Let Me Down.

Rest of CD to come from Whispers, Townsend Townsend & Rogers,Archie Bell, Freddie Hughes, Edwin & Blinky, Main Ingredient, Ascots, Paterson Singers, James & Bobby Purify,Mike Jemison, Baby Washington/Don Gardner, Clarence Reid twice, Jimmy Hughes, Bettye Swan and since its became bit of an early 70's fest an Ozone track to make it more "modern" :lol: Obviously final one will depend on space, so far a bit of a slow fest so will try and pace it up slightly, although may use this as audition tape for that famous Yarmouth Downbeat lounge I have yet to experience :lol:

Okay, off to kip for tonight, hope above is okay.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Well I finally posted the first batch out the rest are going in the morning, so you should all have my effort by the weekend. Hope there's a suprise for everyone amongst the tracks and that you enjoy. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

It arrived today, thank you.

I've got 19 now, does that sound about right?

I've lost the track listing to one and can't rememeber who it's from - CD is yellow and a ?Collins & Collins track is about the last track, any ideas?

Thanks to everyone who contibuted, excellent stuff & best CD swap done to date!

Well, I counted 15. That CD is from Alan Darker.

Right guys am on the case, started tonight, went down the USB turntable route and wish I had bought another CDR as its more manual than would have thought!! Will finish in next couple of nights and get them done over weekend and out for Monday (assuming its as easy to record these WAV files onto CDR as the Numark instructions say :lol: ).

Tracks recorded tonight

David Ruffin - Pieces of A Man.

Innez Fox - You're Saving Me For A Rainy Day

Kim Tolliver - Learn To Get Along Without You

Love Piece & Happiness - You've Chosen Me

Honey Cone - A Womans Prayer

Kim Weston - Love Dont Let Me Down.

Rest of CD to come from Whispers, Townsend Townsend & Rogers,Archie Bell, Freddie Hughes, Edwin & Blinky, Main Ingredient, Ascots, Paterson Singers, James & Bobby Purify,Mike Jemison, Baby Washington/Don Gardner, Clarence Reid twice, Jimmy Hughes, Bettye Swan and since its became bit of an early 70's fest an Ozone track to make it more "modern" :lol: Obviously final one will depend on space, so far a bit of a slow fest so will try and pace it up slightly, although may use this as audition tape for that famous Yarmouth Downbeat lounge I have yet to experience :lol:

Okay, off to kip for tonight, hope above is okay.

Cheers

Jock

Can't wait to hear yours Jock, especially that Edwin?Blinky collabo! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Well I finally posted the first batch out the rest are going in the morning, so you should all have my effort by the weekend. Hope there's a suprise for everyone amongst the tracks and that you enjoy. :thumbsup:

Can't wait! :lol:

no it hasnt arrived yet im afraid and ive had mail from states since

when did you send them out???

I sent them all out on Sat 2 Dec. :lol:

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

sorry it hasnt arrived would have expecte dit to by now

any chance of resending it if it hasnt arrived by weekend?

did you get mine by any chance?

thansk sean

Ok...by the weekend if you don't get it, I will resend. And yes I did! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Well I finally posted the first batch out the rest are going in the morning, so you should all have my effort by the weekend. Hope there's a suprise for everyone amongst the tracks and that you enjoy. :shades:

Mine went out either last night, tonight or will go out tomorrow.

In any event you'll have it soon if its not already arrived.

As a reminder... here's what's coming...

1. Johnnie Taylor "Will You Love Me Forever" - Stax - From the LP "One Step Beyond"
  2. William Bell "Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt" - Stax - From The LP "Wow"
  3. Darrell Banks "Forgive Me" - Stax - From The LP "Here To Stay"
  4. Stairsteps "I'm The One Who Loves You" - Buddah - From The LP "Stay Close To Me"
  5. O'Jays "It's Too Strong" - Neptune - From The LP "The O'Jays In Philadelphia"
  6. David Ruffin "What You Gave Me" - Tamla Motown - From The LP "Feelin' Good"
  7. Johnny Sayles "Feeling Is Believing" - Dakar - From The LP "Man On The Inside"
  8. Three Degrees "Lonely Town" - Roulette - From The LP "Maybe"
  9. Nina Simone "Take Care Of Business" - Philips - From The LP "I Put A Spell On You"
  10. Kiki Dee "I Dig You Baby" - Philips - From the LP "Patterns"
  11. Percy Sledge "So Much Love" - Atlantic - From The LP "Warm And Tender Soul"
  12. Aaron Neville "How Many Times" - Minit - From the LP "Like It Is"
  13. Spellbinders "Baby I Miss You" - Columbia - From The LP "Magic Of The Spellbinders"
  14. Al Greene "Stop And Check Myself" - Action - From the LP "Back Up Train"
  15. Phil Flowers "Another Sleepless Night" - Dot - From The LP "Our Man In Washington"
  16. Freddie Scott "Don't Let Me Fall" - Probe - From the LP "I Shall Be Released"
  17. Willie Tee "Bring On The Heartaches" - Capitol - From the LP "I'm Only A Man"
  18. Gregg Jackson "One For The Road" - KYP - From The LP "One For The Road"
  19. Enchantment "I'm Who You Found Not Who You Lost" - RCA - From The LP "Soft Lights, Sweet Music"
  20. Little Anthony "Love Was Born for Me" - Song Bird - From the LP "Daylight"
  21. Ronnie Dyson "I Want To Be Where You Are" - Columbia - From the LP "Love In All Flavors"
  22. Marvin Sease "Love Me Or Leave Me" - London - From the LP "Marvin Sease"
  23. G C Cameron "I'm Gonna Give You Respect" - Motown - FromThe LP "Love Songs & Other Tragedies"
  24. Arthur Adams - "Special Kinda Lady" - A&M - From the LP "Love My Lady"
  25. Luther Ingram "Make You Feel Loved Again" - Profile - From The LP "Luther Ingram"
  26. Leon Haywood "Fair Warnin" - 20th Century - From The LP "Back to Stay"
Only 4 of them found there way onto other comps... so 22 should be pretty fresh.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed wading through all yours!

Some crackin' stuff!

(Now... how many of you are up for a 'Gloves Off' 45/LP/CD whatever comp?)

Over to you Chris!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert