Missing A Soul Night This Weekend

I have been looking after a young family member this weekend and not had the chance to get to a soul night,i thought i would welcome the chance for a break,not had many in the last few years..Its 9pm now on Saturday and i am climbing the walls and wanting to get out..This is just one weekend off for me :thumbsup: ,it must be hard for those who have small children to look after and want to get out to nights also...My life without soul nights would be a very sad world indeed,it means that much to me..I have lost love and freinds for my passion but can't really see a change..Its a drug for sure...

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Neil-ok

I have been looking after a young family member this weekend and not had the chance to get to a soul night,i thought i would welcome the chance for a break,not had many in the last few years..Its 9pm now on Saturday and i am climbing the walls and wanting to get out..This is just one weekend off for me :) ,it must be hard for those who have small children to look after and want to get out to nights also...My life without soul nights would be a very sad world indeed,it means that much to me..I have lost love and freinds for my passion but can't really see a change..Its a drug for sure...

Too true Stevie,im stuck in with kids :P ,at least theres a few soul forums/sites with enough to see me ok till the end of the nite...with the aid of a few beers aswell :thumbsup: .

Social source share

My youngest girl Lauren :) is 10 tomorrow and tonight she has had a bit of a party and being as she is the little apple of my eye ive stayed in tonight and spent some quality time with her and her older sister :P oh and the other half wacko.gif of course,

nights like tonight dont come around often so for one night im notting missing me soul one bit,

still managed a couple of times to sneak to me pc though :thumbsup:

Bisley next week hurragh :P:lol:

Social source share

I have been looking after a young family member this weekend and not had the chance to get to a soul night,i thought i would welcome the chance for a break,not had many in the last few years..Its 9pm now on Saturday and i am climbing the walls and wanting to get out..This is just one weekend off for me :) ,it must be hard for those who have small children to look after and want to get out to nights also...My life without soul nights would be a very sad world indeed,it means that much to me..I have lost love and freinds for my passion but can't really see a change..Its a drug for sure...

Well Steve, I've only missed 4 1/2 years so far :P

Its no wonder I go off the rails when I do get out :thumbsup:

Social source share

I have been looking after a young family member this weekend and not had the chance to get to a soul night,i thought i would welcome the chance for a break,not had many in the last few years..Its 9pm now on Saturday and i am climbing the walls and wanting to get out..This is just one weekend off for me ohmy.gif ,it must be hard for those who have small children to look after and want to get out to nights also...My life without soul nights would be a very sad world indeed,it means that much to me..I have lost love and freinds for my passion but can't really see a change..Its a drug for sure...

Yes, Steve, it is hard sometimes when you've got kids.... last night, i was looking forward to going to the Rugby soul night ..especially after Sian had gone thru a lot of trouble to get me a lift there, once again as in so many other attempts to get to soul nights/nighters etc....other circumstances prevented me from going.....don't get me wrong,parenthood was my decision and most of the time, it is deeply rewarding, but there those 'me times' where i wish i could just get me patch covered bag and take off where i want too, just like the ole days, but i suppose that's me just being selfish,...Delxx

Social source share

Yes, Steve, it is hard sometimes when you've got kids.... last night, i was looking forward to going to the Rugby soul night ..especially after Sian had gone thru a lot of trouble to get me a lift there, once again as in so many other attempts to get to soul nights/nighters etc....other circumstances prevented me from going.....don't get me wrong,parenthood was my decision and most of the time, it is deeply rewarding, but there those 'me times' where i wish i could just get me patch covered bag and take off where i want too, just like the ole days, but i suppose that's me just being selfish,...Delxx

You could never be described as selfish Del...... no.gif a little time out is good for everyone..

We WILL get you out soon babes..... thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Yep, know what you mean Stevie yes.gif My little lad is only 6 and whilst he still wants to spend time with me I'm making the most of it, as in a few years time it won't be cool to be seen out with mum will it sad.gif I miss loads of nights that I want to go to but I know that as soon as Ryan is old enough those nights will still be there and I can venture out again thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Yep, know what you mean Stevie yes.gif My little lad is only 6 and whilst he still wants to spend time with me I'm making the most of it, as in a few years time it won't be cool to be seen out with mum will it sad.gif I miss loads of nights that I want to go to but I know that as soon as Ryan is old enough those nights will still be there and I can venture out again thumbsup.gif

I keep threatening to make the cloakroom at Rugby into a creche.......may be a good move.... laugh.gif

Social source share

I have been looking after a young family member this weekend and not had the chance to get to a soul night,i thought i would welcome the chance for a break,not had many in the last few years..Its 9pm now on Saturday and i am climbing the walls and wanting to get out..This is just one weekend off for me ohmy.gif ,it must be hard for those who have small children to look after and want to get out to nights also...My life without soul nights would be a very sad world indeed,it means that much to me..I have lost love and freinds for my passion but can't really see a change..Its a drug for sure...

Steve. I,ve got the other side of the coin . My son lives with his mum but he,s at a age 13 where he would rather stay at home and go out with his mates than come to a strange city where he dont know anyone and stay in with his dad. So basically i get to go out all the time. There,s times that i would love him to say Dad i,m coming over to yours this weekend so i can spend time with you but that dont happen much. So Steve enjoy it mate while it lasts.

Steve

Social source share

You could never be described as selfish Del...... no.gif a little time out is good for everyone..

We WILL get you out soon babes..... thumbsup.gif

Do you know what... Sian, i wish there were more like you and your northern soul gal pals on the scene,....i can't thank you enough for getting me the lift from Glyn in the first place babe...but never mind,not coming over gae me plenty opportunities to pratice my choc brazil trick... i can now get 5 large ones or 6 medium, into my mouth at once. so as you can see.... not a totally wasted weekend biggrin.gif ,Delxxxx

Social source share

missed a couple of soul nites this weekend (ponds forge and whitley bay) due to the fact i got an abcess in me gob and ive just had to cut mi ead off to get shut o the P-A-I-N.

all the best from the neck down, BRI.

Much empathy there Bri.

Been suffering since Friday with a blinding toothace. Must get into see the Dentist tomorrow.

:thumbsup:

I hear that Whiskey dulls the pain... so am now downing my fourth shot tonight!

Apologies in advance if my posts get even more random.

:)

Sean

Social source share

ive missed loads :thumbsup: ...mostly due to kids...and a lack of enthusiasm.....

but hey ho you never know i may venture out again soon... :)

cookie :thumbsup:

And it would be nice to see you girlie for a drink or six oh and some soul, been working rather a lot myself but still nice to have the odd blow out.......... The Boat is still afloat...just...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Much empathy there Bri.

Been suffering since Friday with a blinding toothace. Must get into see the Dentist tomorrow.

I hear that Whiskey dulls the pain... so am now downing my fourth shot tonight!

Apologies in advance if my posts get even more random.

Sean

Sorry to go off topic but this is medical emergency.........Sean, cut a garlic clove in half and press it into the gum area around the affected tooth. This should give you relief from pain for a few hours..... :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert